Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newcastle meet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    you never know I might just land, wont know till much nearer to the day tho.
    I might buy you a drink :thumb:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I might buy you a drink :thumb:

hey if everyone says that I will def land :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    You're on the maybe list Becky.
  • Options
    Can we decide on a time to meet I'd say 1pm.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Can we decide on a time to meet I'd say 1pm.

anytime for me, i'll be there for 10am as ive already told ya tho
  • Options
    I want to come now :( if i set off walking now i can be there by the date hehe
    might just invite myself along if im not too skint, shouldnt be like as its not far past payday. *watch this space*
  • Options
    ^^^

It's really cheap to get from Carlisle, isn't it? Though, if I drive back on the Saturday morning I might find it in my heart to detour and give you a lift.

1pm is fine for me, though so is anytime really. Sort it out amongst yourselves...or someone bossy decide for everyone! :p
  • Options
    briggi said she was gonna try and find me a cheap way of getting to and coming back from newcastle, if she can i'll go so add me to the very slim chance of a maybe list *nods*
  • Options
  • Options
    Gavman wrote:
    briggi said she was gonna try and find me a cheap way of getting to and coming back from newcastle, if she can i'll go so add me to the very slim chance of a maybe list *nods*

I had a quick look and while the prices aren't awful the journey time is 6hours plus. Looks like you'll have to wait for the next Manc meet, it's only 5 hours in that case. :p
  • Options
    I say 12 noon outside Burger King in Central Station.

I won't be staying all day now I don't think, as I should- all being well- have other commitments in South Shields that evening.

To repeat what GWST said, please find attached a timetable for the 685 coach service between Carlisle and Newcastle.
    685.pdf 97.3K
  • Options
    I'll be in town from around 10ish (I'm meeting koe_182 and I'm going to be his tour guide for the morning) so I'm up for anytime.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    what happens at a meet? i live up westgate road might pop along and say hi.
  • Options
    ooh i want to come :(
  • Options
    I'm afraid I can't come. I will be in work Friday night then in again on Saturday. Also, I'm visiting a friend on the 27th so can't really afford it.
  • Options
    pjharvey wrote:
    what happens at a meet? i live up westgate road might pop along and say hi.

We go to the Bodega and get lashed.
  • Options
    pjharvey wrote:
    what happens at a meet? i live up westgate road

Me too! Well, sometimes...

I can just tell almost everyone's going to drop out of this meet, one by one...damn you all *shakes fist*

:p
  • Options
    Of course they'll all drop out. That happens with every meet.

And then we always get one random who nobody's ever heard of who turns up. Last meet I went to it was Rocks, who stared at our tits all afternoon.

I doubt I'll be staying all day either now.

I'm going to have to trust Briggi to take them to either Krash or Sam Jack's.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And then we always get one random who nobody's ever heard of who turns up. Last meet I went to it was Rocks, who stared at our tits all afternoon.

Oh God, that.

Should've ditched him in the station!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm going to have to trust Briggi to take them to either Krash or Sam Jack's.

I won’t let you down, Captain! I was thinking more along the lines of Buffalo Joe's, though...it has the added attraction of being on the other side.

I'm excited at the prospect of a random tit-ogler, and shall be very disappointed now if one doesn't turn up. :impissed: :p
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I won’t let you down, Captain! I was thinking more along the lines of Buffalo Joe's, though...it has the added attraction of being on the other side.

Ah yes, the Dark Side. Always an added bonus.

But if you're going to go to the Dark Side, then you cannae look beyond the Tuxedo Slagfest.
    I'm excited at the prospect of a random tit-ogler, and shall be very disappointed now if one doesn't turn up. :impissed: :p

I'm not random, but I appreciate a nice set of norks.

Will that dooooooo?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ah yes, the Dark Side. Always an added bonus.

But if you're going to go to the Dark Side, then you cannae look beyond the Tuxedo Slagfest.

I don't know if I've got the stomach for that revolving dancefloor or the vomiting 15 year olds, PVC hen parties and general stench..
    I'm not random, but I appreciate a nice set of norks.

Will that dooooooo?

Well, it lacks the essential element of surprise, but beggars can't be choosers. :flirt: Though since we're all wearing bikinis to Gotham Town (remember?) I can probably shoehorn some random old toad from his match watching into position of "random thesite pervert". Here's hoping.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I don't know if I've got the stomach for that revolving dancefloor or the vomiting 15 year olds, PVC hen parties and general stench..

I should be ashamed to say this, but when I went to the sister ship (the Tuxedo Smogfest) in Middlesbrough I had a really good time.

But then I was on a uni do, was all you can drink (and I could drink a lot of Smirnoffonoffov "vodka"), and I didn't have to speak to anyone from Boro.
    Though since we're all wearing bikinis to Gotham Town (remember?) I can probably shoehorn some random old toad from his match watching into position of "random thesite pervert". Here's hoping.

Definitely.

If not, we could to go the Dodgy Chippy on Clayton Street and get the resident drunk in there to ogle you.

True Fact: Andy spent £15 on kababs (their spelling, not mine) in there. That was A Good Night :yes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I've got the day off work, just need to work out what I'm doing now.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If not, we could to go the Dodgy Chippy on Clayton Street and get the resident drunk in there to ogle you.

True Fact: Andy spent £15 on kababs (their spelling, not mine) in there. That was A Good Night :yes:

Ah well all's not lost then, drunks in fast food places can always be relied on for perversion and scrapping.

Were these "kababs" served in a pitta bread of solid gold or was the "special sauce" just extra rich in protein specially good?
  • Options
    You're coming to Newcastle...
  • Options
    Anyway, what's this about you going to South Shields? I'm vaguely jealous but also incensed that you're leaving us early, the bare-faced cheek of it!

James, you must grace us with your presence, it is essential. :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I am. But still rather unsure of routing etc. Need to think bout it. Bout 99% sure I'm coming
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Anyway, what's this about you going to South Shields? I'm vaguely jealous but also incensed that you're leaving us early, the bare-faced cheek of it!

I've been invited out on a lads do to Soof Sheelz the same day. I'm going to go along later, to tick both boxes off.

You watch, something will happen and I'll be stuck with youse all day;)

Jst- try and get up early to Newcastle, and I'll meet you whenever. I want as much time with both groups, and I'll probably be going to Soof Sheelz about teatime.

I demand we go and look at naked people in the Baltic. I so wish I'd done that, it's a big regret of mine now. It'd have been so much fun.