Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

breast enlargement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not sure if it should go here or in 'style and appearence'
I was wondering if anyone on here had any experiences of breast enlargements or any medical advice as i really have been considering getting one. I'm suffering with depression at the moment and the way i look has started to get me down on top of everything else, i can change my hair, i can change my makeup and clothes but my chest i can't. I look like a child i have nothing and i don't feel like a woman at all

Comments

• Options
    MY ADVICE IS TO change the wy you view yourself. What the hell have massive globs of fat on your chest got to do with being a woman?
  • Options
    not massive but a 32c thats all i want just something
  • Options
    What for? I could be president of the itty bitty titty comittee, and they work. What do you want 32Cs for?
  • Options
    because i'm flat as a pancake i have the chest of a 5 year old just 2 nipples stuck on thats it all practically and i'm very self concious about it i don't likeit and it gets me down
  • Options
    Well, you have three options- get over it, buy yourself some bigger ones, whinge to your doc and get the nhs to buy you bigger ones.
  • Options
    i just want to hear of peoples experiences
  • Options
    My cousin had an augmentation from a AA cup to a D cup. She overall had a positive experience, didn't have any complications, and the scars aren't too bad. Did cost her a lot though, and since implants don't last forever, it's worth considering if you're capable and prepared to make that sort of investment. I know you didn't ask for advice, but I'd strongly suggest you progress with treatment for depression, then see how you feel about the surgery.
  • Options
    I think its worth remembering a few things:

breast implants need to be changed every 10 years or so.

it is a huge operation and it does sometimes go wrong

your implants might end up looking shit. most do. you won't suddenly have these natural looking boobs. they will look fake and certainly feel fake. and they might look funny too.

not all men like fake boobs. infact i know quite a few who hate them. i would also much rather have a man who loves me inspite of all my insecurities.

if you still feel like you want them done then go ahead. just don't expect it to be some amazing cure to your depression and low self esteem.
  • Options
    tbh, i don't think a boob job is going to sort out your depression, wait til you get that sorted, then see how you feel.
  • Options
    My girlfriend is going to get this done this year/next year I think.

When she goes through a really skinny stage she is AA/A cup.. I don't give a shit though, I tell her that, I mean who the fuck would want someone they love to go through major surgery because of a set of tits?

But then on the other hand I see how much it cuts her up and she really really struggles sometimes to even find a top she can wear because she just has literally nothing there..

:(

I hope if she does go through with it, it makes her happy anyway - love her.

Make sure you think it's the right thing to do though, and don't do it for guys sakes !! Being really dirty is better than any set of jugs in my eyes, ha! :thumb: :D
  • Options
    Make sure you think it's the right thing to do though, and don't do it for guys sakes !! Being really dirty is better than any set of jugs in my eyes, ha! :thumb: :D

:lol: :thumb:
    post of the week really!
  • Options
    the depression isn't due to the way i look it's other issues and i'm on anti depressants, but me being unhappy with the way i look isn't helping. I've decided i definatly want to do this and have been speaking to my mum about it and she's seems very supportive as she knows how i feel about my chest.
    Just wondering if anyone could recommend any places e.g harley street or transform etc as i've been looking at their websites but obviously if someone has experience or a place it's always good to know their views.
  • Options
    I want this done but the price is really putting me off.

Well that and i'm not a big fan of operations.
  • Options
    I always wanted 32C's. Now I have verging on 32D's (naturally), and they don't look any bigger than they did at 32A. The bra's do, but I don't look at them and think wow, look at that chest. I love them because they're mine, and I wouldn't dream of surgery, but I still use push up bras, and I don't think they'll ever be the perfect size.

Incidently, I'm 19 now and they started growing more last year. Before that they spent about 3 years at 32A, so you could be due a growth spurt.

What happens when you get 32C's and decide they aren't big enough? or you decide your arse is too big etc? Would this be the start of a slippery slope for you?

Also consider the fact that if you get "big" boobs and you have a small frame, you're going to struggle to find tops that really fit.
  • Options
    i don't want to get big boobs just what would look in proportion to my body size, i'm happy with the rest of my body, my weight, my arse and everything but i've never accepted my chest, i doubt they'll grow because my mum is small and so is my sister.
  • Options
    I suspect any reputable doctor would say get control of the depression before persuing any cosmetic surgery. Otherwise you'll be going for it with unrealistic expectations.
  • Options
    the depression is under control and i don't have unrealistic expectations i just want some boobs!
  • Options
    Step One is to talk to your GP, most people will require a referral from them first.
  • Options
    I would talk to your GP. I know how you feel though. Sometimes I feel like I want a breast enlargement but I know its nothing to be thinking about now at my age. However I know that they wont grow much more as my mums were small before she had children and my sisters are small. I am a 32A and would LOVE to be a 32C or something. Nothing too big.

But othertimes I feel that my body is fine the way it is and ive never had any complaints. But saying that, would I of had more offers if i had bigger breasts? Ive never had a cleavage or anything to show there and no bra can create one lol.
  • Options
    there's alot to think about cost, how they'll look/feel afterwards, scars and whatever else. How are you planning to pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Your still realllly young if I was you I would hold off for at least a few years. I have two friends who went from being flat chested to being HUGE (size DD-E) during thier first year at university and one of them has a mother who is definately flat as a pancake.
  • Options
    I dunno what's the big deal about big breast eitherwise.
    A small handful, like a 32B or a tad more like 34C is aspireable in my book. I don't give a effing about your jugs and if you can smother or knock me unconscious with them.

maybe the letter symstem is a bit different in the uk, since it seems everyone has melons there, must be something in the drinking water.
  • Options
    You should really be waiting until you are about 21, just to make sure that your body has finished growing before making the decision.

Also consider that a breast enlargement will not help with your self-esteem if you have problems in other areas. It will give you a temporary boost, but if you hate yourself you'll hate yourself regardless of how big your boobs are.

It is major surgery, there can be complications, and you need to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons if you do do it.
  • Options
    looking at your pics at myspace let me say that you really do not need such an operation. Why are you uncontent with yourself? The only thing that makes sense for me to be uncontent with oneselves physique and optical appearence is when others do not like your looks and think you are unattractive.

you have a sporty body and in my humble opinion, your breat size is perfect to your body and does not look too small on you. The enlarged breasts won't solve anything for you in the aftermath. I go as far to say they do more bad than good.

Think very carefully and take the advice on here to heart about that issue.
  • Options
    I have a few friends who've had boob jobs, I've never thought it was a great idea but at the end of the day the kind of work they do it's only done them the world of good... and they were going to get it done regardless of what I thought. It's so difficult to be comfortable in your own skin that - despite my personal feelings about implants - I would never say don't get them, just wait a while and see how your body finishes developing naturally. You might find (like most women honestly do) that any fantasties or seemingly set in stone ambitions you had about cosmetic surgery go out of the window over the years, I used to think about all kinds of things and now I'd do anything to avoid the plastic surgeon's knife. But obviously there are people who have it on the brain for years and consistently think it would be a good thing for them. You can only respect that decision, if taken for the right reasons and well thought-out.

My friend whose implants I know the most about (:razz:) had hers done about 3 years ago now with Bupa in Leeds. She went from a 32A - 32D/DD (though she is "officially" an E) with a teardrop-shaped implant. They don't look as big as you'd imagine for the size of 'em and people generally dont have a clue unless they knew her well before and after or she's nekkid. They are pretty soft now, and feel and look very natural, they seem to get softer every year. Well, not that I feel them every year on the same date, but you get what I mean. She's so petite that when she first had them done you could see the surgeon's incision under the breast, but they hang (is that the right word? fall?) really naturally now. Looks pretty damn good.

She doesn't regret having it done at all, it has changed her career completely but it hasn't had any impact at all on her personal life. That is one thing to beware of, she didn't have it done to make her any "happier" with her breast size, it was a pretty calculated career move. That sounds awful, but it does make sense. As for needing to have them replaced every 10 years, well I believe that is just a rough guideline given by surgeons to cover their backs. In a lot of cases the implants do last a lot longer than that and can even last up to about 20 years. It depends from person to person, and on the implants themselves.

Oh, and I will always remember he telling me that it is so imporrtant to go to a BAPS/BAAPS-registered surgeon (I know, it sounds like a joke :p) as they have to go through the strictest of training and procedure... and if you're going through serious surgery then you seriously do want THE BEST. If you do, in the future, decide to get your breasts augmented then I can only say research, research, research. There are so many horror stories that it's got to be worth taking a bit more time and spending a little extra money (whether in the travelling-sense or with regard to a surgeon) :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ballerina wrote: »
    How are you planning to pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

No offence like, but what's that got to do with the price of cheese?

I think that Kermit has summed it up perfectly. Wait until you finish developing fully (ie 21) and then see how you feel.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind having mine done but the price and idea of the surgery puts me off.
  • Options
    Briggi - what sort of carrear does your friend have which requires bigger boobs?
  • Options
    I've lost a fair bit of weight recently due to depression and my boobs are smaller than they were so I've been thinking about this too. But right now I don't trust anyone enough to operate on me.
  • Options
    my pics on myspace i'm wearing padded bras. i feel happy with myself when i have my faithful friends on but without them i do lose some confidence. i've thought about breast enlargement ever since i was a child but only really been seriously considering it now that i know i'm old enough. I know my boobs won't grow anymore i was an early developer in every other aspect. I don't want to wait years as i'm in the time of my life where i want to feel good about my body not put it off for years and years. I'm going to 'transform' in central london and they offer payment plans and worse comes to worse my dad will get a loan out and i'll pay him back.