Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I suppose it should go in this forum but i wouldnt exactly call it food...

I cant stand the stuff and even just eating a hamburger from there makes me feel unheathy and ill. Everyone else seems to love it though, anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Options
    I don't enjoy it, they are last on my list of places to go, but I'll still go there from time to time. Breakfast bagels usually. The one around my work here is nasty, evgerything, even right out of the fryer is cold and brown.

I'm more of a BK girl myself :p
  • Options
    I like the food, but i am picky about what i'll eat ie only a normal hamburger or chicken burger. Big Macs are just revolting and contain nearly a days worth of calories. I heard somewhere that the burgers are made out of meat that is scraped from the animals bones, swilled into a slurry and things are added to make it stick together. Not sure how true that is though!
  • Options
    I haven't been in years and years. When I was a kid I used to love their lardshakes, though they didn't love me :(
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I haven't been in years and years. When I was a kid I used to love their lardshakes, though they didn't love me :(

Oh come st. pattys day, I love their shamrock shakes.
  • Options
    The meat at McDonald's is pretty good - from what I know from the people who've worked in the abattoirs that supply them.
  • Options
    My only problem with my local McD is that the resturant area is dirty. Apart from that, I love the food.
  • Options
    I prefer their chicken to their burgers.
  • Options
    I'm a McDonalds fan. But I'm a general take away fan, so I wouldn't take that to be much use. I'll eat most things in general anyway!
  • Options
    I can't remember the last tiem I actually had McDonalds, tbh.
  • Options
    I went to get a Mc'Donalds today but the store was closed. There was a sign on the door saying they had "technical problems" so I assumed there was mice running around the kitchen (as they used to close when that happened).

As I used to work there, a member of staff opened the door and let me inside.

It was proper ming. The sewers had blown up and there was "piss and shit everywhere" as he put it. The whole place was flooded. Ewww.

Don't wanna go in there again now!!!

I RARELY eat Mc'Donalds. When I used to work there, I used to eat it twice a week and it made me ill. Got really bad indigestion and stuff. Its really unhealthy too.
  • Options
    My first ever job was at McDonald's when I was 16, it was a complete nightmare!

I don't think I've eat a McDonald's for at least 5 years now, I really don't trust a company that is essentially ran by 16/17 year-olds that don't really care that much about food preperation.....and the food is rubbish, and the company is shit.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm more of a BK girl myself :p

Love you :heart:

I don't like McDonalds. Used to get about 4 hamburgers and it still didn't fill me up, but one double whopper does the trick nicely :thumb:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    HIT wrote:
    My only problem with my local McD is that the resturant area is dirty. Apart from that, I love the food.

Probably far better hygiene rules than your local pub. I've worked in both and having worked in Maccas I'm not unhappy to eat there.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I dislike the food. I eat other fast food and have no problem with it generally, I just dislike the taste.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Probably far better hygiene rules than your local pub. I've worked in both and having worked in Maccas I'm not unhappy to eat there.
    :yes:

Because I know all the rules and stuff that they have, I am more comfortable eating there than Burger King or KFC. Plus both the Burger Kings that I could feasibly go to look scummy. Ditto KFC.
  • Options
    Just because they have rules, that doesn't necessarily mean that they stick to them.

I saw AWFUL stuff in the three/four years I worked there. I've worked in more than one store too. Worked in a fair few.

I've seen people spit on burgers before, people wipe burgers on the floor, through the grease and given them to people they don't like. Obviously that rarely happens but it does.

I've seen the kitchen in such a state that I haven't wanted to walk through it.

In the last store I worked in, we kept having mice :o (That wasn't really their fault though tbh, it was the chippy next door).

In other stores I've seen awful basic hygiene. I've known alot of people to not wash their hands after going the toilet yet gone on to cook burgers.

I rarely eat there because of what I've seen. Mmm. I sometimes do though because the vast majority of the time, people do stick to the rules.

Burger King and KFC are worse though for hygiene it seems. I've seen worse things JUST visiting those places.

I've worked in pubs as well and I've not seen nothing as bad as I did in Mc'Donalds.

I still eat in most of these places though. Ah well :yeees:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I like McDs, but rarely eat there for well-known reasons. Although I've never had a humburger there, it's always chips and chicken nuggets.
    I prefer BKs though (taste-wise), although they don't exist here, and even better are Goody's (which is only here and in Spain AFAIK).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Just because they have rules, that doesn't necessarily mean that they stick to them.

I've never seen any of what you have. I don't see why workers in McDonalds are any more likely to spit on food and shit than workers in any other type of food establishment. Infact with the open kitchens and large number of staff working nearby, I think MC D's workers would find it far more difficult to do shit like that. FFS it was hard enough nicking nuggets out the draw for yourself. Input the fact that apart from grill orders it's not easy to give a customer a particular burger and I think you have very little to worry about.

I guarantee that the standard of hygiene in McDonalds is far superior to you average indian, chinease or kebab takeaway yet they never get a bashing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I havent had a McDonalds for years, although the Matchmaker McFurry might tempt me back :yum:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I've never seen any of what you have. I don't see why workers in McDonalds are any more likely to spit on food and shit than workers in any other type of food establishment. Infact with the open kitchens and large number of staff working nearby, I think MC D's workers would find it far more difficult to do shit like that. FFS it was hard enough nicking nuggets out the draw for yourself. Input the fact that apart from grill orders it's not easy to give a customer a particular burger and I think you have very little to worry about.

I guarantee that the standard of hygiene in McDonalds is far superior to you average indian, chinease or kebab takeaway yet they never get a bashing.

I agree which is why I don't tend to eat out often.

I worked in a fair few stores in the time that I worked there, its probably why I've managed to see shit like that. They were RARE occasions though, don't get me wrong. I just can't be sure that my food is going to be well, good enough to eat when I go in there now. Same with every other food establishment tbh.

When I worked at Maccies, I made sure my food was freshly made and I watched them make it because of what I'd seen. I also used to make fresh fries for myself. HAHA. I was rather picky.

As for the nuggets nicking, I was an expert at that. A proper good expert and I didn't even work in the kitchen. I worked on lobby.

Oh and the shit about the burgers and stuff, those things happened on a night shift when at times, there was only one person in the kitchen. At the most 2.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    icey wrote:

I cant stand the stuff and even just eating a hamburger from there makes me feel unheathy and ill. Everyone else seems to love it though, anyone else in the same boat?

I hear ya. It was my new years resolution this year to not eat at mcdonalds or BK for a whole year and I'm nearly there :yippe:

Can't say I miss it much tbh - it is that thing that you crave it and feel less than satisfied after eating it.
  • Options
    i hate it... never ever eat there even if its the last food place open

Word.

Although I do eat there if it really is the last place open lol, I'm a hungry boy though! hehe
  • Options
    Actually I just realised that I do have breakfast from there every now and again if im stuck in work on a early morning with no food!
    No choice though.

I have bagel with philidelphia, 4 hash browns and pancakes with syrup lol
  • Options
    icey wrote:

I like their Fillet o fish

I've not come across anyone else that sells a fish burger quite like that, tis nice I think.
  • Options
    i dont go very often only if im shoppin and theres nowhere else to go its ok i suppose not the nicest food ever
  • Options
    I love the McChicken Premieres but no McDonalds around here does it which is a shame.
  • Options
    I am quite happy to have the occasional mcdonalds. Just like with any other restaurant you will hear these outrageous stories about what could happen to the food, but, really, it always has tasted fine to me, and that is the important thing.
  • Options
    A Mc Donalds near me was actually shut down I heard. The staff used to do wank-athons in the burgers. TBH I dont know how they got away with it after so long.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    HIT wrote:
    A Mc Donalds near me was actually shut down I heard. The staff used to do wank-athons in the burgers. TBH I dont know how they got away with it after so long.

Same happened a couple years ago in a Maccy in Plymouth. Shocking!

I don't understand how they get the opportunity
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    Same happened a couple years ago in a Maccy in Plymouth. Shocking!

I don't understand how they get the opportunity
    Thats it, when lining up you can usually see them cooking.