Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Unless they spunk in the mayo in a stock room, but still i would imagine its pretty hard to get away with.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah it's funny that lots of people hear about these things, but it surprisingly doesn't make the news.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Yeah it's funny that lots of people hear about these things, but it surprisingly doesn't make the news.
    I think it made some local small time gazette.
  • Options
    smitherz wrote:
    Same happened a couple years ago in a Maccy in Plymouth. Shocking!

I don't understand how they get the opportunity

yep, same thing happened in my local mcdonalds back home. apparently there were 2 main culprits that were caught 'in the act' as it were, but the whole staff was fired and replaced as a result of it.
    2 close friends of mine (who did NOT do it i might add :p ) told me all about it

so nasty :sour:

i rarely eat at mcdonalds or burger king tho. only when i get the urge after a night out or i reeally cant be bothered cooking. i usually just get a hamburger happy meal or something like that. whenever i eat a burger there i generally find they are really hard to swallow - and after eating it my throat is really sore :chin: dont know why tho
  • Options
    Just revolting.

It's for people who are too lazy or too stupid to be able to cook.

I could make a much nicer burger and chips myself with some mince, onions, egg, cheese, potatoes etc. Plus cooking is fun.
  • Options
    Just revolting.

I could make a much nicer burger and chips myself with some mince, onions, egg, cheese, potatoes etc. Plus cooking is fun.
    Some people have to work long hours.

Fancy cooking me dinner. :naughty:
  • Options
    or for people like me who finish one job at 5 and start another at 6

;)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Fancy cooking me dinner. :naughty:

As long as you're willing to split the cost of the ingredients.

The one thing I will say for McDonalds is in less developed nations, the McD's toilets are always the cleanest around.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    or for people like me who finish one job at 5 and start another at 6

;)

Well that much work coupled with a shit died is not condusive to a remotely healthy lifestyle. Despite the work, you should find time to eat properly.

Plus McDonalds is pretty expensive.
  • Options
    I just had a Double Cheeseburger £1.19p

We'd just dropped someone off at the airport, starving on the way home, ordered and out the door in less then 2 minutes. Ate it at home, wasn't great tasting, pretty bland but it filled a hunger pang.

That's all McDonalds is these days, a filler.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I suppose it should go in this forum but i wouldnt exactly call it food...

I cant stand the stuff and even just eating a hamburger from there makes me feel unheathy and ill. Everyone else seems to love it though, anyone else in the same boat?

Boo you!

I love McDonalds!!! its just soo nice! i love Quarter pounder with cheese! and the Big mac meal nothing can top that!!:yum:

Im Hungry...
  • Options

We'd just dropped someone off at the airport, starving on the way home, ordered and out the door in less then 2 minutes. Ate it at home, wasn't great tasting, pretty bland but it filled a hunger pang.

Only 2 minutes. So jelous. It usually takes more than 2 minutes just for the person to figure out what I'm saying and for me to figure out what they are saying and confirm then another 10 to actually get anything :p

I had their breakfast bagle this morning and the hash brown :yum:
  • Options

The double cheese burger used to be on the pound saver menu. Now its gone up.
  • Options
    after seeing some of these stories, Im not gonna have mcdonalds for dinner as planned.

on a side note: anyone tried their christmas menu? Tried the crinkle fries (thinking they were gonna be like BK chunky fries) and was sadly disapointed, really fancy one of those mint milkshakes though.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    HIT wrote:
    The double cheese burger used to be on the pound saver menu. Now its gone up.
    Back down to less than a pound here. haha!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:

Different McDonalds have varying prices, bit for 20p I wasn't gonna argue was starving at the time.

There's nothing wrong about the food at McDonalds (taste wise) - there's just nothing special about it. It's probably the definition of the word bland. Even the onions had no kick to them.

It amazes me McDonalds does everything under the sun to increase sales, apart from make the food taste more exciting.

The fact they say Curry is the most popular take away in the UK should tell them people like non-bland food.
  • Options
    last time i went there i had a hangover and needed some fat food. i got a chicken meal and it was shit! there was something weird in my burger too but i was too hungover to go complain.

now Macdonalds in france is yum! they seem to have better standards and more interesting varieties.
  • Options
    I like the chips, the chicken premiere's, the chicken nuggets and the mcflurrys....even though they are all probably made out of shit.
    The rest of their food can go to fucking hell.
    Big up KFC!! :thumb:
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Ours are £1.29 because the owner of our store is tight :o. Despite the fact that she owns 3, she still insists on upping the prices and all the special McFlurries are an extra 20p as well :no:.

I get them free though XD.

And it's good because it means I can be guaranteed lunch for less than £2 if necessary :yes:.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    after seeing some of these stories, Im not gonna have mcdonalds for dinner as planned.

Did you know the defintion of the word gullable can't be found in the dictionary, it's so that idiots arn't offended?

These stories are bollocks mate. All these stories begin with 'I heard' or 'A mate told me'. Don't be as gullable as the people who are helping to spread this shite.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Did you know the defintion of the word gullable can't be found in the dictionary, it's so that idiots arn't offended?

These stories are bollocks mate. All these stories begin with 'I heard' or 'A mate told me'. Don't be as gullable as the people who are helping to spread this shite.

But I had a coworker who's sisters friends cousin husbands brother twice removed found a human finger in the mcflury and thinking it was a snickers he ate it, then several years later bought a black car and then not too long after developed kidney stones and it hurt real bad when he tried to pass them.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

well, I guess im not gullible because I had some Maccy D's anyway.
  • Options
    I had a Mexican Chicken Premiere today, They are so gorge.. :yum::yum:

Think i'll go back for another...

As for hygiene, Mcdonalds isn't THAT bad. There are far worse places to eat from..

and people aren't gonna spit on ur burger unless you give them abuse, That's why you should always be nice when ordering :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    I had a Mexican Chicken Premiere today, They are so gorge.. :yum::yum:

:yes:

and people aren't gonna spit on ur burger unless you give them abuse, That's why you should always be nice when ordering :D

Even then unless they have a grill order they've got no chance to do such things, the people that serve you generally don't make the burgers. Most of the time your food comes straight from the 'bin' - meaning it's already been cooked and packaged and is being kept warm.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :yes:

Even then unless they have a grill order they've got no chance to do such things, the people that serve you generally don't make the burgers. Most of the time your food comes straight from the 'bin' - meaning it's already been cooked and packaged and is being kept warm.

Yeah true!

One of my local Maccy D's is well dodgy, Gives me stomach ache everytime i eat from there, But, Maybe the manager isn't up to standards.

Mexican chicken burgers are genius!!! Who'd have thought to stick Nacho's on a burger! :yippe: (or maybe i'm not well travelled :confused: )
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Ours are £1.29
    Seriously?

Ours are £1.19 up here and I thought that was a rip off!

Saying that though, if they've gone back to the pound menu in Jame's area, maybe they have here :chin:
  • Options
    Seriously?

Ours are £1.19 up here and I thought that was a rip off!

Saying that though, if they've gone back to the pound menu in Jame's area, maybe they have here :chin:

They got the pound menu in my local. Not a huge fan of mcdonalds except for the food I've already stated but it's still useful to have somewhere you can go get something for 99p.
  • Options

on a side note: anyone tried their christmas menu?
    Tried the matchmaker McFlurry the other night. Not bad.
  • Options
    McDonald’s is a morally reprehensible organisation whose business practises are, at worst, completely abhorrent.

Discussing the pros and cons of the food at McDonalds is largely by-the-by. It’s inherently standard fare that will meet all the laws it is required to.

McDonald’s is as much a landlord as it is a distributor of food. Moreover, it’s an exceptionally efficient machine, one which is constantly re-analysing and re-working itself to make sure it is turning the absolute maximum profit possible. It just happens to have food as its commodity. In essence, McDonalds is an ethos.

If you give two fucks about the morality behind the food you’re eating, you won’t eat at McDonalds.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I am impressed by the matchmakers McFlurry.