Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Again the war crimes apaologist shows his stripe.

Saorry for you dis, the reports referenced in that link are all from other sources, none of which is David Icke.

Perhaps when you grow up and actually obtain an ounce of intellectual legitimacy (let alone principled consistency) youll finally be forced to admit that Israel does not enjoy any exceptionalistic excuse from rightful condemnation for crimes against humanity.

But until then, we'll consider your every routine claim of similar ethnocidal intent and action against any other nation to be evidence of your "hate" for that nation, by your own extremist ideological illogic.
  • Options
    :lol: You're taking whatreallyhappened.com as a serious source...What next? Alex Jones? David Icke? Those that hate Israel like yourself and Clan don't exactly strengthen your argument by lending support to the fabricated rantings of conspiracy theorist fruitcakes.
    And you think the IDF and the Jerusalem Post are any better?
  • Options
    then you have time after time presented highly questionable sources

The time worn and consistently unproven claim which has become your standard diversionary tactic, Jacq. Unlike you and your clearly ideologically-rooted "criteria" for sources (aka, any mainstream source which excuses or actively supports Israeli atrocities and for which you can presume your hand me down worldview justified without any further intellectual enquiry), I have presented extensive and substantive analyses with numerous additional source references for those who care to undertake further research.

Of course, we all recognise that you find shopping more important than intellectual honesty, so do carry on with your feeble excuses and apologetics.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Yes.
  • Options
    then you have time after time presented highly questionable sources

The time worn and consistently unproven claim which has become your stanard diversionary tactic,Jacq. Unlike you and your clearly ideologically-rooted "criteria" for sources (aka, any mainstream source which excuses or actively supports Israeli atrocities and for which you can presume your hand me down worldview justified without any further intellectual enquiry), I have "time after time" presented extensive and substantive analyses with numerous additional source references for those who care to undertake further research.

Of course, we all recognise that you find shopping more important than intellectual honesty, so do carry on with your feeble excuses and apologetics.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Let me put it like this - write an essay where you source the Jerusalem Post or the IDF, and then one where you source whatreallyhappened.com, and then regardless of content see which essay will be slayed due to its sourcing.
  • Options
    And there we have the true admission. Jacq revels in state/military filtered propaganda and considers it valid and accurate information.

Truly a further indication that our youth are ill equipped by modern education to exercise critical analysis.
  • Options
    write an essay where you source the Jerusalem Post or the IDF, and then one where you source whatreallyhappened.com, and then regardless of content see which essay will be slayed due to its sourcing.

Any instructor who does not him/herself examine the content of those sources, but rather grade on some "brandname" basis, puts his/her own academic legitimacy in doubt.

A very feeble retort indeed Jacq. Try again.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Let me put it like this - write an essay where you source the Jerusalem Post or the IDF, and then one where you source whatreallyhappened.com, and then regardless of content see which essay will be slayed due to its sourcing.
    Well, top of my head, a selection of statements by the IDF over the last few years:

"We didn't shell that beach. It must have been a Palestinian mine"

"We didn't target those UN inspectors on purpose. Honest"

"Rachel Corrie? Our bulldozer driver didn't see her there"

"That British reporter and the peace activist? They must have threatened our soldiers with weapons- that's why they got shot in the head"

"That soldier who emptied an entire magazine into a little Palestinian schoolgirl? Yes, found not guilty. Thanks for asking"

"We try to the best of our abilities to minimise civilian casualties" (LOL x 94 trillion)

Your turn.
  • Options
    The time worn and consistently unproven claim which has become your stanard diversionary tactic,Jacq. Unlike you and your clearly ideologically-rooted "criteria" for sources (aka, any mainstream source which excuses or actively supports Israeli atrocities and for which you can presume your hand me down worldview justified without any further intellectual enquiry), I have "time after time" presented extensive and substantive analyses with numerous additional source references for those who care to undertake further research.

So you claim that whatreallyhappened.com is a valid source? Oh that time you posted a source that didn't even state who was behind the site? Shall I go through your site history and revise your very credible sources?
    You know what, why not just use the sun.co.uk as a source on the happenings in the world?

And yeah, to be perfectly honest. I think some shopping might do you good. Spoil yourself a little, and it might do wonders for your downright rude and pessimistic attitude.
  • Options
    And there we have the true admission. Jacq revels in state/military filtered propaganda and considers it valid and accurate information.

Truly a further indication that our youth are ill equipped by modern education to exercise critical analysis.

"Truly" indeed, Clan :thumb:
  • Options
    Any instructor who does not him/herself examine the content of those sources, but rather grade on some "brandname" basis, puts his/her own academic legitimacy in doubt.

A very feeble retort indeed Jacq. Try again.

No you try again, and try convincing anyone with a right mind that your source deserves any credibility.
    There are guidelines on online sourcing, and your source doesn't cover most of the criterias.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/store/ - but at least it has a shop that I think you'd appericiate. And even though the t-shirts are ugly as fuck, then I think you deserve to treat yourself.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well, top of my head, a selection of statements by the IDF over the last few years:

"We didn't shell that beach. It must have been a Palestinian mine"

"We didn't target those UN inspectors on purpose. Honest"

"Rachel Corrie? Our bulldozer driver didn't see her there"

"That British reporter and the peace activist? They must have threatened our soldiers with weapons- that's why they got shot in the head"

"That soldier who emptied an entire magazine into a little Palestinian schoolgirl? Yes, found not guilty. Thanks for asking"

"We try to the best of our abilities to minimise civilian casualties" (LOL x 94 trillion)

Your turn.

And at the end of the day you have someone to hold accountable for the statements (which I suppose differ quite a bit from your input) in these cases, while whatreallyhappened.com offers you t-shirts instead.
  • Options
    So you claim that whatreallyhappened.com is a valid source? Oh that time you posted a source that didn't even state who was behind the site? Shall I go through your site history and revise your very credible sources?

I consider the information on any given site and the references posted therwith for further investigation to be the criteria of validity as any intellectually honest and critically rational debater should. In this case, had you actually bothered to examine the link you would note that the actual sources are several legitmate news agencies including Forbes magazine and the Bahrain News Agency.

That time I posted the information of the over 400 towns and villages depopulated by Zionist militant force and subsequently erased to perpetuate the myth (into which you have repeatedly demonstrated you buy without question) of "a land without a people", was then and has many times since been readdressed and shown to originate from quite historic UN-sourced documentation. Somehow your cognitive dissonance forces you back to this long exposed fallacy of yours, but then living in denial of reality will do that to a person.

Yes, please do embarrass yourself further by calling up a list of my sources. Nothing would expose your shallow argumentation more effectively than a recap of the references cited over these several years of circular discussion.

As for shopping, I'll leave that to you since you obviously need something to keep your mind free from the burden of the suffering your criminal champions have long been exacting on much less fortunate women and children.
  • Options
    Face it Jacq, you have as little grasp on the principles of proper investigative research and sourcing as you do the issues on which you regurgitate the propaganda and lies of apartheid state mouthpieces.

Too busy agonising over your next pair of shoes to demonstrate any academic credible argumentation, as ever.
  • Options
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    And at the end of the day you have someone to hold accountable for the statements (which I suppose differ quite a bit from your input) in these cases, while whatreallyhappened.com offers you t-shirts instead.
    Does that make it any less credible?

The Israeli government and the IDF are as credible as Comical Ali- who also was an accountable face, held an official post and had regular press conferences in which he made the absurd claims he made.

As a matter of fact I honestly don't remember the IDF ever telling the truth about anything :confused:
  • Options
    Notice how she is conspicuously silent on accusations against Jonathan Cook whose own firsthand reporting exposes the insitutionalised lies of Jacq's acknowledged sources.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Too busy agonising over your next pair of shoes to demonstrate any academic credible argumentation, as ever.

What's this obsession with shopping? Hardly relevant to this thread - but perhaps the two of you should go together and settle this argument over a romantic dinner for two :love: Then everyone else wouldn't have to witness this relentless arguing.
  • Options
    I see Luke is supporting Israel does to those dirty Arabs....quel suprise.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5246790.stm

Look at these nutters. Marching away, throwing shoes... the majority don't even support a Israel. Hypocrites. Imagine the British people marching the streets in outrage of muslims of the 7/7attacks, stating we want all muslims out as they are all terrorists.

So much hypocrisy it makes me angry. Why don't they get on their feet and go and help those in Africa? Those dying in Sudan because of Islamic militants? How about those in southern Africa, those children that die because they don't have anything to eat or drink? No didn't think they'd bother giving those children a second though. And why is that? because it is boring for them. It doesn't promote their anti israel, their anti jewish stance. their anti semitismwhich is a form of racism.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Luke, are you deliberately being a stupid twat or what?
    I am deliberately putting my views accross. Like the rest of you, but without the constant swearing and getting over excited.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    I agree but is it REALLY important which of those four adjectives,if any, is the truth ?

I agree, but I'm not sure AI have any better idea than anyone else.
  • Options
    So by that logic, we must go exhonerate Saddam for the likelyhood that he didn't target the Kurds of Halabja but quite possibly missed hitting Iranian force incursions into Iraq through Kurdish territory, eh?

Absolutely, if he was aiming at military targets he would be guilty of recklessness, but not deliberate murder of civilians. Though he's still to be criticised for using gas and rounding up and shooting civilians, perhaps he thought they were Iranians in civvies.
    The overwhelming purposed targetting of entire neighbourhoods, civilian infrastructure and more so family vehicles fleeing Southern Lebanese towns and villages as allegedly ordered to do "ahead of time" by the IDF is clear enough demonstration of criminal intent, NQA.

Add to that the publically recorded proclamations of senior IDF military figures concerning the intent to "set back the clock 20 years in Lebanon" and the deliberate nature of these latest Israeli crimes against humanity becomes all the more unmistakable

Possibly, but then it could also be poor shooting, misidentification, attempts to kill the enemy whatever the civilian cost etc, etc.

I'm not arguing a case either way because I don't know. The point is that no-one outside the IDF or Israeli Government does either.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I am deliberately putting my views accross. Like the rest of you, but without the constant swearing and getting over excited.

But you really are consistently being a twat. I always go back to this argument, the IRA were a constant threat to Britain throughout the troubles, setting off many bombs in England. Did the British army blanket bomb Belfast or other towns and cities just because IRA members and guns where hidden there, no, they didn't. Israel doesn't have the right to do what they're doing now.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I'm not arguing a case either way because I don't know. The point is that no-one outside the IDF or Israeli Government does either.
    In that case we cannot say we know of a single alleged murderer in history who really murdered their vicitms, unless they admitted to it.

That doesn't make any sense NQA. Like Clan said earlier, who are we to say Saddam really gassed all those innocent Kurds? He was probably just killing 'terrorists', or even fumigating crops.

Of course we can tell whether a killing was deliberate murder. We've been doing it for centuries. In the case of Israel, it couldn't be simpler: entire civilian neighbourhoods with no military value completely destroyed by a systematic and continuous bombing campaign= deliberate murder of civilians.

End of.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    But you really are consistently being a twat. I always go back to this argument, the IRA were a constant threat to Britain throughout the troubles, setting off many bombs in England. Did the British army blanket bomb Belfast or other towns and cities just because IRA members and guns where hidden there, no, they didn't. Israel doesn't have the right to do what they're doing now.
    Israel has a right to defend her self. Period.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Israel has a right to defend her self. Period.

By bombing the shit out of civillian areas? :banghead:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    By bombing the shit out of civillian areas? :banghead:
    Intensionally that is wrong but Israel is not doing that. On the other hand, Hezbollah does and is killing innocent civilians as it's their intension.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Intensionally that is wrong but Israel is not doing that.

Shut up Luke, you're deliberately are being a stupid twat. You can't just bomb whole areas of cities and expect the only causalties to be Hezbollah fighters. They are intentionally killing civilians.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Shut up Luke, you're deliberately are being a stupid twat. You can't just bomb whole areas of cities and expect the only causalties to be Hezbollah fighters. They are intentionally killing civilians.
    Of course they actknowledge that civilians will die but this is war unfortunately.

What do you want? 0 civilian casulties? Well I've got news for you, a war is where people die, innocents and non innocents alike, ust like WW2.

Israel has an aim of ridding Hezbollah, dismantling them, killing them with as little civilian death as possible.
    On the other hand, Hezbollah has a different agenda. It wants to destroy Israel, Jewish people, innocents, westerners and implement Islamic law.

Where exactly is killing civilians going to get Israel?

Hezbollah needs to be destroyed for the sake of Lebanon and Israel and for peace in the middle east.