Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    Israel has a right to defend her self. Period.
    Everyone has the right to defend themselves. Period.

Nobody has the right to murder civilians. Period.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Everyone has the right to defend themselves. Period.

Nobody has the right to murder civilians. Period.
    Quite correct.
    luke88 wrote:
    Intensionally that is wrong but Israel is not doing that.
    For the millionth time, bullshit.

Stop lying. Stop pretending that the civilian neighbourhoods completely destroyed in a systematic bombing campaign by Israel didn't happen.

Deliberate. Murder. Of. Civilians.

End of.

Get it in your head once and for all.
    luke88 wrote:
    Of course they actknowledge that civilians will die but this is war unfortunately.

What do you want? 0 civilian casulties? Well I've got news for you, a war is where people die, innocents and non innocents alike, ust like WW2.

Israel has an aim of ridding Hezbollah, dismantling them, killing them with as little civilian death as possible.
    On the other hand, Hezbollah has a different agenda. It wants to destroy Israel, Jewish people, innocents, westerners and implement Islamic law.

Where exactly is killing civilians going to get Israel?

Hezbollah needs to be destroyed for the sake of Lebanon and Israel and for peace in the middle east.

Again, this goes back to my first argument: The best way to destroy a terrorist group (that's not even aligned to the government of that country) is to bomb civillian areas? The Brits didn't do that, why should Israel?
    luke88 wrote:
    Quite correct.
    I'm glad we agree. So why aren't you condemning the quite deliberate murder of civilians by Israel?
    Aladdin wrote:
    For the millionth time, bullshit.

Stop lying. Stop pretending that the civilian neighbourhoods completely destroyed in a systematic bombing campaign by Israel didn't happen.

Deliberate. Murder. Of. Civilians.

End of.

Get it in your head once and for all.
    Wake up. Israel has a right to defend her self. Hezbollah wants to destroy Israel therefore she roots them out, one by one they will be defeated. They are sorry for any civilian casulties but that's war for you. There wouldn't be as many civilians dead if it wasn't for Hezbollah using Lebanoneese people as shields.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm glad we agree. So why aren't you condemning the quite deliberate murder of civilians by Israel?
    I do not believe they are deliberate, I've said this countless times now.

On the other hand, hezbollah intentionally kills innocents. yeah?
    luke88 wrote:
    On the other hand, Hezbollah has a different agenda. It wants to destroy Israel, Jewish people, innocents, westerners and implement Islamic law.

Bollocks. It's aim is to protect Lebanon from Israel.

"Destroy westerners and implement Islamic Law" Hahaha what the fuck are you on about?
    turlough wrote:
    Again, this goes back to my first argument: The best way to destroy a terrorist group (that's not even aligned to the government of that country) is to bomb civillian areas? The Brits didn't do that, why should Israel?
    I am not prepared to go into the IRA conflict but I believe this is a different issue. the IRA does not want to destroy the UK, on theother hand, Hezbollah seeks to destroy Israel. Furthermore, IRA did not intentionally kill British citizens, hezbollah does.
    luke88 wrote:
    Hezbollah seeks to destroy Israel.

Erm, no it doesn't. Please read up on what Hezbollah is all about.
    luke88 wrote:
    Furthermore, IRA did not intentionally kill British citizens, hezbollah does.

Are you kidding me? Off the top of my head, guilford bombing, birmingham bombing, canary whaf bombing, manchester bombing.
    luke88 wrote:
    Wake up. Israel has a right to defend her self. Hezbollah wants to destroy Israel therefore she roots them out, one by one they will be defeated. They are sorry for any civilian casulties but that's war for you. There wouldn't be as many civilians dead if it wasn't for Hezbollah using Lebanoneese people as shields.
    Stop changing the subject. I have asked you a hundred times. I'll ask you again. HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY THE DELIBERATE AND METICULOUS DESTRUCTION OF AN ENTIRE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN WHICH CIVILIANS LIVE?

Stop fucking trolling and answer the question.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    There really isn't anything new being said now - the same views are just being are presented over and over again. I'll be happy to close this discussion if it continues along this route. Obviously Luke 88 isn't going to respond with anything different.
    **Helen** wrote:
    There really isn't anything new being said now - the same views are just being are presented over and over again. I'll be happy to close this discussion if it continues along this route. Obviously Luke 88 isn't going to respond with anything different.

That would be a bad idea, this conflict will continue for a long time IMO, new things will crop up and be discussed, lets let this be the thread for this entire conflict.
    It'd be sad if Luke manages to get this thread closed Helen, to be honest. There are constant developments in the crisis and it is normal people will want to comment on them. Though a number of us are in disagreement with each other we're managing to challenge each other about various subjects and claims.
    turlough wrote:
    Bollocks. It's aim is to protect Lebanon from Israel.

"Destroy westerners and implement Islamic Law" Hahaha what the fuck are you on about?
    It is obvious they are there to 'prootect' Lebanon but they sue it to their advantage ot promote their agenda to destroy Israel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4314423.stm
    turlough wrote:
    Erm, no it doesn't. Please read up on what Hezbollah is all about.
    It does NOT recognise Israel.
    turlough wrote:
    Are you kidding me? Off the top of my head, guilford bombing, birmingham bombing, canary whaf bombing, manchester bombing.
    It tried to undermine the British government business, it wasn't targeting innocent civilians.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Stop changing the subject. I have asked you a hundred times. I'll ask you again. HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY THE DELIBERATE AND METICULOUS DESTRUCTION OF AN ENTIRE NEIGHBOURHOOD IN WHICH CIVILIANS LIVE?

Stop fucking trolling and answer the question.
    Aladdin i am fed up of going round in circles. jesus.

Listen... I do NOT believe that israel is targeting civilians deliberately. If that is too hard for you to accept as an opposing opinion then leave.
    **Helen** wrote:
    Exactly, thanks.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    turlough wrote:
    That would be a bad idea, this conflict will continue for a long time IMO, new things will crop up and be discussed, lets let this be the thread for this entire conflict.

Ok fair point - we'll see how it goes then.

However, let's not get bogged down with this same argument. As I said, both views have been repeated over and over again and trying to change them by writing in bold isn't going to make any difference.
    Aladdin wrote:
    It'd be sad if Luke manages to get this thread closed Helen, to be honest. There are constant developments in the crisis and it is normal people will want to comment on them. Though a number of us are in disagreement with each other we're managing to challenge each other about various subjects and claims.
    I'm trying to get this thread closed? No I'm not. I'm stating my opinion. You lot keep on and on until i chnage it, which I won't. So move on.
    luke88 wrote:
    Aladdin i am fed up of going round in circles. jesus.

Listen... I do NOT believe that israel is targeting civilians deliberately. If that is too hard for you to accept as an opposing opinion then leave.
    How do you explain an entire neighbourhood being meticulously destroyed?

Go on... answer that one.
    luke88 wrote:
    It tried to undermine the British government business, it wasn't targeting innocent civilians.

Explain that- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Pub_Bombings
    Aladdin wrote:
    How do you explain an entire neighbourhood being meticulously destroyed?

Go on... answer that one.
    Again, I've already said. hezbollah hides in civilian areas, it uses it's 'own' people as a human shield.
    luke88 wrote:
    I'm trying to get this thread closed? No I'm not. I'm stating my opinion. You lot keep on and on until i chnage it, which I won't. So move on.
    Not quite. You're the one who keeps making unsubstained claims and then doing a runner when a question is put forward that you can't or won't answer.

You still have to explain how Israel doesn't deliberately target civilians when it has destroyed entire neighbourhoods where only civilians live.
    luke88 wrote:
    Again, I've already said. hezbollah hides in civilian areas, it uses it's 'own' people as a human shield.
    Why do you make things up?
    turlough wrote:
    This is the truth - I was told by my politics teacher that the IRA bombed Britain to undermine the British government and businesses.
    luke88 wrote:
    This is the truth - I was told by my politics teacher that the IRA bombed Britain to undermine the British government and businesses.

In the 90's. Not the 70's. How does bombing a pub undermine British government and business exactly.

Sorry for derailing the thread by the way.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Why do you make things up?
    Why are you making up your claims? You say israelis deliberately targeting civilians. I don't think they are. Two opposing views.

I'll leave in a minute if this carries on as it's boring me.
    turlough wrote:
    In the 90's. Not the 70's. How does bombing a pub undermine British government and business exactly.

Sorry for derailing the thread by the way.
    I turn back what i said as I was referring to the 90's.
    luke88 wrote:
    Why are you making up your claims? You say israelis deliberately targeting civilians.
    And then you complain when people accuse of of trolling. :rolleyes:

What about the pictures I posted a few pages back, the pictures that YOU saw and commented about?
    I'll leave in a minute if this carries on as it's boring me.
    What a surprise...