Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over flowing with illegal immigrants

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Huh?

You can add the cost of your fire brigade call out to your insurance.

You can pay for a teacher yourself.

Is this so difficult?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    The Home Office has just announced that they've unknowingly been employing 5 illegal immigrants. :p
  • Options
    The Home Office has just announced that they've unknowingly been employing 5 illegal immigrants. :p
    Or Scottish ministers as they're otherwise known.
  • Options
    And all those children whose parents can't afford a teacher, fuck em, who gives a shit. For all those people who can't afford to pay for the fire brigade, fuck em, let em burn.

the first point is nonsense. There are millions of people doing fuck all without artificial barriers to entry the market would soon drop the price of teachers to easily affordable levels.

If you've got nothing much, insurance isn't much either. If you can't be arsed to provide even a little cover why should anyone else pay for you?
  • Options
    And all those children whose parents can't afford a teacher, fuck em, who gives a shit. For all those people who can't afford to pay for the fire brigade, fuck em, let em burn.

That's what I thought. If my parents can't afford a teacher, should I not get an education? If I'm ill and they can't afford a doctor, should I suffer?

And another thing - if my parents can't afford a doctor and I die, won't they be done for murder/manslaughter?
  • Options
    Perhaps if your parents couldn't have afforded you, you wouldn't have been born in the first place.

Kids cost money. If you do something you cannot afford you are an idiot.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Perhaps if your parents couldn't have afforded you, you wouldn't have been born in the first place.

Kids cost money. If you do something you cannot afford you are an idiot.

do the words redundancy mean anything to you?
  • Options
    Do the words "unemployment insurance" mean anything to YOU?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Do the words "unemployment insurance" mean anything to YOU?

yeh like getting medical insurance after being born with a life threatening condition or something like that........ :chin:
  • Options
    :lol:

Go buy your local paper.

"Fund raises £££squillion for scanner/little girl with rare disease" or soemthing similar will be inside. Good causes never have a shortage of people willing to voluntarily give to them, and that's with tax at the 95% or whatever it works out at.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Go buy your local paper.

"Fund raises £££squillion for scanner/little girl with rare disease" or soemthing similar will be inside. Good causes never have a shortage of people willing to voluntarily give to them, and that's with tax at the 95% or whatever it works out at.

erm that only works on cutesy stories strangely enough.......
  • Options
    erm that only works on cutesy stories strangely enough.......

Only cutsie storuies make the paper. Ugly people have friends too.........
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Go buy your local paper.

I do find that interesting. Let's assume that the majority of people agree that tax is necessary. Surely if compulsory taxes were abolished, all of these people would still be willing to pay the same amount they currently do (minus the cost of their own requirements) to various charities, for people who can't afford schools/fire services etc. Otherwise they are hypocrites are they not?
  • Options
    I do find that interesting. Let's assume that the majority of people agree that tax is necessary. Surely if compulsory taxes were abolished, all of these people would still be willing to pay the same amount they currently do (minus the cost of their own requirements) to various charities, for people who can't afford schools/fire services etc. Otherwise they are hypocrites are they not?

Exactly.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Exactly.
    D'you reckon you would, just out of interest?
  • Options
    If it was voluntary, I could see where the money went and could stop at any time, more than likely.
  • Options
    Another thing I forgot to mention - isn't stuff like education and medical help a right?
  • Options
    Yes. You don't have any.
  • Options
    Meaning what exactly?
  • Options
    You have no rights.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Another thing I forgot to mention - isn't stuff like education and medical help a right?
    Rights are made up and granted by the government or judiciary. You have no "right" to anything.
  • Options
    Of course they wouldn't. Every man for himself, and the notion that there is no such thing as society would be the order of the day.
  • Options
    Why do you think that Kentish?
  • Options
    John Reid blamed all the problems of immigration the previous government.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    John Reid blamed all the problems of immigration the previous government.
    Well there's a surprise. And the previous government contribute anything that this government's achieved to the 'groundwork' their government put in beforehand. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Why do you think that Kentish?
    If you look at the state of the world, even the state of the UK, you will see that people don't actually care very much for people they have no interest in or have any contact with. Sure there's charity, but that can't solve society's wealth gap. People must be forced to pay for the upkeep of our society through violent extortion (aka general taxation). That's the only way it would work, and has ever worked.

If you'll acknowledge for the sake of argument that the world is made up of a lot of different countries, how is it that 10% of the population has 90% of the wealth?
  • Options
    If you look at the state of the world, even the state of the UK, you will see that people don't actually care very much for people they have no interest in or have any contact with.

What makes up the government? Swiss rolls, ironing boards or people?

So if people are indifferent to other people, why would those in the government do anything but for their own ends being you know, people?
    Sure there's charity, but that can't solve society's wealth gap. People must be forced to pay for the upkeep of our society through violent extortion (aka general taxation). That's the only way it would work, and has ever worked.

How is that wealth gap created if not through government intervention in people's lives?
    If you'll acknowledge for the sake of argument that the world is made up of a lot of different countries, how is it that 10% of the population has 90% of the wealth?

Because they are paying the violent men and women in the government to guard it?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    What makes up the government? Swiss rolls, ironing boards or people?

So if people are indifferent to other people, why would those in the government do anything but for their own ends being you know, people?
    Cos they might lose their livelihood if they don't, it being their you know, job?
    How is that wealth gap created if not through government intervention in people's lives?
    I don't follow, nor do I see the logic that a wealth redistribution would take place in the absence of governments.
    Because they are paying the violent men and women in the government to guard it?
    ....because they don't want to share?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Cos they might lose their livelihood if they don't, it being their you know, job?

That would be nice. It's wishfull thinking though really isn't it?