Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your opinion of men who visit prostitutes?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've paid money to get my end away. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

She was there, I was pissed, a deal was done, and it was fun. Job's a good'un!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a very low opinion of people who pay for sex.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:

Why?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Because I believe sex is more than just a meaningless physical act.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Why?

Fuck knows? Probably the same ole shit these cunts go on about.

It's a service, just like buying drink is, buying drugs. If it pleases you, then go for it! :thumb:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Because I believe sex is more than just a meaningless physical act.
    Bullshit. It can be more than just a meaningless physical act.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Okay... perhaps it is idealistic to write that sex is more than just a meaningless physical act. But I strongly believe that sex should be more than just a meaningless physical act.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Agree totally.

I don't see the big deal with paying for sex. To me if a bloke has paid for it (and i have shagged someone that has), then it's the same as him just fuckin any random person! I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Nail.on.da.head.mate

How is it any different than picking up a random bird in town, taking her home and getting you end away. Sex doesn't have to mean anything.

Sex can be about love, about having kiddies or it can simply be about having a fucking good time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Don't care. It's none of my business.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Why? Is losing your virginity that big a deal for you or something?
    Yea it is because I've never had a g/f because of certain problems I've had and still got. I just need to do it, its become an obsession.
  • Options
    There may be people who post on this site that wouldn't be here if their father hadn't visited a prostitute ... :chin:

:p
  • Options
    Obviously you're right - clearly, if someone doesn't agree with you on this topic, then they must be a cunt. :rolleyes:

It's a term of endearment my dear. I call most people cunts.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's a term of endearment my dear. I call most people cunts.

Your parents must be so proud ... :p
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I agree.

Ilora x
  • Options
    it doesn't affect me what strangers do with their sex lifes, so why should i be bothered?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    How is it any different than picking up a random bird in town, taking her home and getting you end away. Sex doesn't have to mean anything.
    The random bird in town isn't a prostitute - that's the difference!!!

A random bird in town doesn't work the streets, she goes out clubbing and shags a random bloke in town, she doesn't get paid for doing that.

Ilora x
  • Options
    It hasn't and wouldn't really bother me; maybe it would a little in terms of my reservations about some aspects of prostitution but I wouldn't feel threatened or anything of the like if a fella I was seeing had been with a prostitute in the past -- as long as he wasn't continuing to do so. ;)

As long as it's not hurting anybody, each to their own.
  • Options
    The random bird in town isn't a prostitute - that's the difference!!!

A random bird in town doesn't work the streets, she goes out clubbing and shags a random bloke in town, she doesn't get paid for doing that.

Ilora x

And whats so bad about getting paid for sex?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    As long as it's not hurting anybody, each to their own.
    Maybe it is? Not every prostitute is one out of choice - think sex trafficing...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Maybe it is? Not every prostitute is one out of choice - think sex trafficing...

Ilora x

Yeah, that's what I meant about my reservations about some aspects of prostitution.

Just because there is that side of prostitution doesn't mean that some women (especially in certain other countries) don't go into it freely and find it a very acceptable (and potentially very profitable!) lifestyle.
  • Options
    Prostitution is illegal. That's all I need to know. If a guy I know had been with a prositute, I'd have reservations about his morals and tbh I wouldn't wanna know.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Prostitution is illegal. That's all I need to know. If a guy I know had been with a prositute, I'd have reservations about his morals and tbh I wouldn't wanna know.

Ilora x

So because it's illegal means it's wrong and immoral? :shocking: :no:
  • Options

Ilora x

I don't think it is. May want to check your facts. Many aspects of it are, but its not ilegal in itself.
  • Options
    i thought it was illegal to advertise or search the streets, but ok in brothels and stuff?
  • Options
    i thought it was illegal to advertise or search the streets, but ok in brothels and stuff?

No money actually has to change hands in a brothel. It's also defined as a place where two or more women are gathered for lewd purposes. If you happened to be at a swinging party/orgy, it would be women breaking the law, not men.
  • Options
    Prostitution is illegal. That's all I need to know.

Are there no laws you disagree with - ever think for yourself?

As with drugs, most problems that arise from prostitution are simply down to the law.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    so what is the law then? I know you are done for 'soliciting' if you walk up and down the street and stick your head in a car window offering sex (I've seen The Bill, it must be true). But is it actually illegal to have sex with someone in exchange for money?
  • Options
    From reading the posts in this thread it seems that a lot of people here seem to view men who visit prostitutes as desperate and unable to get a woman to have sex with them. I would like to add that some men use prositutes for the kinky aspect of it, fulfilling a fantasy of some kind or just on a night out/holiday with the lads for a bit of fun.

Some of my closest male friends have had sex/sex acts with prositutes for the experience of it (none of them have trouble attracting women), at the time I was dead set against it and quite disgusted that they would do that but now it doesn't bother me in the slightest (I agree with Ilora and Briggi that there are sides of prostitution which worry me greatly though) I view it as part of them growing up, its part of their life experiences, they didn't actually like it that much and said it was really unsexy and clinical...just for the record. Lots of men have done it or wanted to but maybe only a few are honest enough to admit it. :chin: