Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds and bad customer service

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    Yes the company, not the employee. So fuck if some wee cunt says pound in an agressive manner. Not the end of the world. I've got a 1000 things more deserving of a letter of complaint in my mind than some snotty wee Mc Donalads employee.

:yes:

If somebody's rude to you, then call them a cunt, or don't. Don't spend half your life worrying and whinging about it. It's life.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    Oh speaking of, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger while I was there, I got bacon, burger, cheese and a bun. :yuck:

That's what a bacon cheeseburger is isn't it!? Grosse which ever way it comes out :p
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Hold on. If a company expects you to come into their store and part with your hard-earned cash, one would expect them to be a little more obliging. :yes:

you don't just go in there and give them money lol.. you go in there cos you choose to and you're hungry or thirsty, they give you food/drink in return for your hard earned cash... your not paying for a worker to give you a compliment youre paying for your food.

What does the worker owe you? The food is priced on the menu, and that's what you pay.. if there was a section of the menu for 'employee being extra nice' and you paid for it then fair enough. :)
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    That's what a bacon cheeseburger is isn't it!? Grosse which ever way it comes out :p

They forgot the sauces and vegitables!
    But yummm greasy bacon cheeseburger ;)
    Now I want one :( Stupid trying to eat healthy. I hate this thread now!
  • Options
    Do you even know the person who served you as in a name, to actually complain about.
  • Options
    If I was ever like that I'd be out of my job. Customer is always right and all that. They're uberstrict on customer service at my McD's. Even when I was in a really really bad mood yesterday, I smiled and said please and thank you and all that malarkey. Even at 11pm when I was fucking shattered and a car full of chavs pulled up and started asking for my phone number :yeees:.

I'd also like to say that McD's isn't that bad to work in, if you're working with decent people, and there isn't a queue out of the door.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    I'd also like to say that McD's isn't that bad to work in, if you're working with decent people, and there isn't a queue out of the door.

:yes:

And people who whinge and moan about all the little things are as irritating as those who are rude for no reason.

If I open a door for someone and they don't aknowledge me I might give them a sarky "You're welcome', but within a minute I'd have forgotten about it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I wouldn't write to McD's, not because I couldn't be bothered but because they would probably give you a months freebies and that aint gonna be good for your shape. :p
  • Options
    I wouldn't write to McD's, not because I couldn't be bothered but because they would probably give you a months freebies and that aint gonna be good for your shape. :p

:D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

If I open a door for someone and they don't aknowledge me I might give them a sarky "You're welcome', but within a minute I'd have forgotten about it.

haha i'm not the only one who does it then! :D

or if i let someone else have right of way when it should be mine and they don't say thank you, i say thank you to them!
  • Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't care if they say thank you or not? I hold doors open becasue the door is there and I am by the door. If they want to say thank you or not who cares. I'm not doing it for personal gratification. Maybe they are mute, then what a bitch I would be. ;)
    Though yesterday in an attempt to hold a door I accidently hit a guy with it. Oops.

Sarcasm should not be wasted on door holding frustrations. Its a waste. :(
  • Options
    I don't care, it's force of habit for me.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesn't care if they say thank you or not? I hold doors open becasue the door is there and I am by the door. If they want to say thank you or not who cares. I'm not doing it for personal gratification. Maybe they are mute, then what a bitch I would be.

Sarcasm should not be wasted on door holding frustrations. Its a waste. :(

Yup, if they say thanks then it's nice, if they don't then I neither notice or care.

I seriously think officially complaining about shit like this is best left to sad and bitter old people to be honest.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm being completely blonde and dumb, but was the original poster asking for help in wording the letter, and finding out if others had been in similar situations?!!!
  • Options
    That's mcdonalds for you, a majority of the employees couldn't tell there arse from their elbow.

And with an attitude like that you wonder why McDonald's staff don't bother busting a gut to be polite?

When you do these jobs you get spoken to as if you're something that they've just scraped off their shoe. And if you get talked to like that day in, day out, you don't bother being polite, because regardless of what you do you just end up with some whingeing sadsack like the OP getting her knickers in a wad because he "aggressively" said the word pound, and didn't say please.

I mean, for goodness sake. You get paid shit, you get talked to as if you're a rather stupid piece of dogshit, and then if you don't give every customer a blowjob you're being rude and nasty.

I get nought but shit off my customers, and they think I'm a solicitor. I'd hate to think what the public would be like if they knew I wasn't.
  • Options
    I always get 'looks' when at work in Tesco (part-time). I swear nearly all the customers think we are there to be treated like shite. Some of them seriously have no manners, they just glare, I'm on .com, so spend most of my shift out on the shop floor, with a whacking .com trolley, and a bunch of stroppy customers.

Even got verbally abused once with lots of swearing, as some man wanted some milk, but the delivery was late... you get used to it after a while lol.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And with an attitude like that you wonder why McDonald's staff don't bother busting a gut to be polite?

When you do these jobs you get spoken to as if you're something that they've just scraped off their shoe. And if you get talked to like that day in, day out, you don't bother being polite, because regardless of what you do you just end up with some whingeing sadsack like the OP getting her knickers in a wad because he "aggressively" said the word pound, and didn't say please.

I mean, for goodness sake. You get paid shit, you get talked to as if you're a rather stupid piece of dogshit, and then if you don't give every customer a blowjob you're being rude and nasty.

I get nought but shit off my customers, and they think I'm a solicitor. I'd hate to think what the public would be like if they knew I wasn't.
    What he said tbh.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    you don't just go in there and give them money lol.. you go in there cos you choose to and you're hungry or thirsty, they give you food/drink in return for your hard earned cash... your not paying for a worker to give you a compliment youre paying for your food.

What does the worker owe you? The food is priced on the menu, and that's what you pay.. if there was a section of the menu for 'employee being extra nice' and you paid for it then fair enough. :)

Who's asking for a compliment? A simple please would be nice, in this particular case ...

What does he owe me? The reason he has a job and gets paid is because he gets his salary from the money he earns off me (or us)!!!! If he wants me to come back and spend more of my money so he can continue to get paid, he ought to lose the attitude.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yes the company, not the employee.

The employee is the representative of the company.
    turlough wrote:
    So fuck if some wee cunt says pound in an agressive manner. Not the end of the world. I've got a 1000 things more deserving of a letter of complaint in my mind than some snotty wee Mc Donalads employee.

Yes, I may have more important things to do than complain but there are people out there that deserve the job that he, obviously, so doesn't want.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    When you do these jobs you get spoken to as if you're something that they've just scraped off their shoe.

Then don't do the job ...
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I always get 'looks' when at work in Tesco (part-time). I swear nearly all the customers think we are there to be treated like shite. Some of them seriously have no manners, they just glare, I'm on .com, so spend most of my shift out on the shop floor, with a whacking .com trolley, and a bunch of stroppy customers.

Even got verbally abused once with lots of swearing, as some man wanted some milk, but the delivery was late... you get used to it after a while lol.

:yes: And hence why I dont and wont work with the general public anymore. I worked in retail and the last one I had was the worst. Every old cranky woman shopped there. When the computer rings something up wrong, its obviously your fault so yell at you. They would sit and literally scream at you if something rang up 5 cents more!

You and Kermit are totallyright. Some workers may not be the friendliest of all but think of the shit they get. How many people treat them like shit ever hour of every working day. How useless and rotten and stupid they are made to feel by inconsiderate assholes of customers.
  • Options
    Ah yes, he should be grateful for earning minimum wage and getting abuse all day and all night!

I'll only insist that staff have impeccable manners when customers lose the cuntish attitude. The biggest problems in customer service are the fucking customers. They always want everything done for them, yesterday, and won't lift a pissing finger to help.

I'm not sure what's worse. That some sour bint wants to write a letter of complaint about the omission of the word please, or that some other loser thinks someone should lose his job because of it.

I've remembered why I hate customers though. No, the customer isn't always right, the customer is usually a stupid thick cunt who doesn't realise that they have to pay interest on a mortgage.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Some of us don't have the choice, mate.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    How many people treat them like shit ever hour of every working day. How useless and rotten and stupid they are made to feel by inconsiderate assholes of customers.

Yes, you get your arseholes .. but MOST people aren't like that .... why fuck every customer off 'cos of one or two nobheads?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:

And then you and your ilk will be bellyaching about everyone is unemployed and on benefits when there's plenty of jobs at Maccy D's.

I'm employed as a conveyancer, not as someone to be abused for doing my job. This man is employed as a teller, not as someone to be abused for doing his job.

So why the fuck should we have to smile sweetly and be pleasant when we're getting the abuse?

I get the strangest feeling you've never worked in customer service. Customers these days will scream and shout and abuse over nothing at all, because they know companies are too weak-willed to tell them to get fucked.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    That could be the funniest thing I've heard all day! I don't really have a choice, I need the money, as am saving for Uni.
  • Options
    Have you ever worked in retail?

They're all right about this. I've worked in horrible shitty places, I've worked in high end posh shops, and the customers have always treated me and spoken to me like I'm shit. I used to get abused daily when I was just trying to do my job. Sometimes it is hard to smile and be polite to a customer, when the one you just served yelled at you and called you an idiot because the item they wanted to buy is more expensive than they thought.

Working in retail made me despair for humanity, it's only since I quit that I've started to believe there may be people out there with manners.

No joking! Its the minority of people shopping that are nice. The customers I loved were the ones who never came into contact with me. The ones who didn't stand in front of the panties and ask where the panty section was. The ones who didn't yell at you because the tax is higher in this town than the one they lived in so the total price was higher. The ones who didn't swear at you because you didn't have their size in the clearence rack and wouldn't go look because you know theres none of it in the entire store. I only worked in retail for 4 years, yet like you i've given up on people. Hate them all. Who knew buying socks could turn people into such animals. And god forbid if they are on sale. After 8 hours of working and being confronted with such disrespect, I don't know how anybody working with people can even pretend to be happy.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When I went into McDonalds the other day with my boyfriend to buy a McFlurry we experienced very bad customer service. The conversation went like this:

My boyfriend: Hi, could I have a dairy milk McFlurry please?
    Jayz (McDonalds employee): pound (said in agressive tone)
    My boyfriend: sorry?
    Jayz: pound (agressive tone still)
    My boyfriend: pound PLEASE? (my boyfriend hands over a £1 coin)
    (Jayz gives penny change then gets the McFlurry and puts it on the counter)
    My boyfriend: THANK YOU!

The guy didn't look at us at all and all he said throughout the whole time was "pound" twice, and he said it in a really aggressive manner. McFlurries don't even cost a pound - they're 99p!

So, I'm going to write a letter of complaint as it really pissed me off. I'm just not sure how to word it.

Has anyone written a letter complaining, or experienced anything similar?
    He should have pounded on the guy's head tbh.

(Not read the whole thread; I'm not reading 7 pages just to say that!)