Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds and bad customer service

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I went into McDonalds the other day with my boyfriend to buy a McFlurry we experienced very bad customer service. The conversation went like this:

My boyfriend: Hi, could I have a dairy milk McFlurry please?
Jayz (McDonalds employee): pound (said in agressive tone)
My boyfriend: sorry?
Jayz: pound (agressive tone still)
My boyfriend: pound PLEASE? (my boyfriend hands over a £1 coin)
(Jayz gives penny change then gets the McFlurry and puts it on the counter)
My boyfriend: THANK YOU!

The guy didn't look at us at all and all he said throughout the whole time was "pound" twice, and he said it in a really aggressive manner. McFlurries don't even cost a pound - they're 99p!

So, I'm going to write a letter of complaint as it really pissed me off. I'm just not sure how to word it.

Has anyone written a letter complaining, or experienced anything similar?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Is it worth it?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think so. Mcdonalds have strict policies and extensive training (apparantly) on customer service and so I think that they should know if employees aren't following it. It really made me angry and will make me think twice about going there again.

I think my boyfriend deserves an apology more than anything.
  • Options
    I'd probably be the same if i had to work in mcdonalds.
  • Options
    Well then you're as poor mannered as the gimp in the incident in question. At what point does you "having" to work at mcdonalds give you the right to be so rude?
  • Options
    I just don't think that it's acceptable. If I treated a customer like that when I worked behind a bar then I would have been reprimanded if not sacked.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well then you're as poor mannered as the gimp in the incident in question. At what point does you "having" to work at mcdonalds give you the right to be so rude?
    I agree! No one should be rude whatever the circumstance. There is no need for it.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:

It doesn't.

But I certainly wouldn't be arsed to write a letter fof complaint. Should have said something there and then.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I just dont think its worth writing a letter over, yeah its out of order, a please wouldnt of hurt on the end of his 'pound' and like you said if i did it in work also i would be in the office within seconds. i would of just said something at the time, rather than think about it after.
  • Options
    I just think that by writing a letter it will be more official and go higher up the chain (to the manager or someone) rather than just mentined then forgotten. At least then they will have it documented. I don't normally liek to complain but it was completely uncalled for and did anger me.
  • Options
    maybe he'd had a shit day and wasn't able to concentrate on keeping others happy.

i don't think theres any need to write a letter of complaint at all. :yeees:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    It doesn't.

But I certainly wouldn't be arsed to write a letter fof complaint. Should have said something there and then.
    Yeah, possibly, still doesn't change the fact that being a mcemployee doesn't give one a license for rudeness.
  • Options
    Do what you want, I just don't think it's worth makign a fuss about to be honest. So some people are rude. That's life.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yeah, possibly, still doesn't change the fact that being a mcemployee doesn't give one a license for rudeness.

I know I did just agree with you.

But would you honestly bother with writing a letter of complaint though?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I would write a letter of complaint. It wasn't like you were getting anything for free ... and I think Mac D's would appreciate knowing which of their staff were not up to scratch.
  • Options
    Just dont go there again, their "food" is just crap with chemicals in it to make it taste like food.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    I would write a letter of complaint. It wasn't like you were getting anything for free ... and I think Mac D's would appreciate knowing which of their staff were not up to scratch.
    Yeah I think so too
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Just dont go there again, their "food" is just crap with chemicals in it to make it taste like food.

I should be able to have the choice of where I go and not be put off by rude and arrogant employees
  • Options
    When i was a student i worked in McDonalds for three years. With what i've seen i could easily put any of you off from ever eating there again, but that's another story! Yes, they are very strict on customer service and stuff, and would be interested to know which staff are not doing the job properly i think.....
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Do what you want, I just don't think it's worth makign a fuss about to be honest. So some people are rude. That's life.

Amen.

Write a letter if you want, but if it happened to me I'd probably let it go over my head and forget about it the minute I left the shop, life's far too short to spend time writing letters every time shit like that happens.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    life's far too short to spend time writing letters every time shit like that happens.

:yes:
  • Options
    I would have had a go at him. Moany git.

Wouldn't bother my back arse about any letters, though. Too much of a mission.
  • Options
    maybe his whole family had just died in a car accident? Some ppl have heavier weights on their mind that the sake of someone saying "pound" for a mcflurry in a tone which isn't up to your high standards! :x
  • Options
    Go in again and order a milkshake, if he adopts the same tone as last time then throw the milkshake over him and call him a cunt. then walk out.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    maybe his whole family had just died in a car accident? Some ppl have heavier weights on their mind that the sake of someone saying "pound" for a mcflurry in a tone which isn't up to your high standards! :x

I do have a lot of issues on my mind - I have just had the first anniversary of the death of my grandad and the first anniversary of the murder of my cousin, who's murderer has not be found despite us knowing who it was. I also have a constant battle with my mum having an affair which she doesn't know that I know about and no one else knows about it. I also worry about some moles I have which may be cancerous and my brother is out in Iraq, so I do sometimes worry about him out there.

I don't want sympathy here, I just don't think that it gives me an excuse to be rude to anyone, and it still angers me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you don't care how yo are treated and wouldn't bother writing a letter then so be it, but I want to bring it to McDonalds attention so that they can hopefully stop other people being treated in the same way.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Go in again and order a milkshake, if he adopts the same tone as last time then throw the milkshake over him and call him a cunt. then walk out.

Lol! I'm not that kind of a person though! I am nice really!
  • Options
    I'd probably be the same if i had to work in mcdonalds.

exactly.

i've worked on the tills (part time!) at tesco for nearly 4 and a half years. they pride themselves on giving good customer service as i'm sure any company would. however knowing how complaints are dealt with at tesco they won't do a great deal!
  • Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you don't care how yo are treated and wouldn't bother writing a letter then so be it, but I want to bring it to McDonalds attention so that they can hopefully stop other people being treated in the same way.

i see what you mean and bad customer service pisses me off royally especially when i make an effort where i work.

however, mcdonalds is a huuuuuge corporation employing god knows how many people. i doubt they'll care.
  • Options
    i see what you mean and bad customer service pisses me off royally especially when i make an effort where i work.

however, mcdonalds is a huuuuuge corporation employing god knows how many people. i doubt they'll care.

McDonalds do care - bad customer service = fewer customers = less profit etc.

I did a huge project on quality of McDonalds at uni and it highlighted that they spend a lot on customer service and that it is of high importance to them.
  • Options
    McDonalds do care - bad customer service = fewer customers = less profit etc.

I did a huge project on quality of McDonalds at uni and it highlighted that they spend a lot on customer service and that it is of high importance to them.

what are they gonna do about it though? tell him he's been rude and let him off. he'll only do it again.

just remind yourself that he'll probably be working there for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    icey wrote:

:thumb:

It was damn rude, and even if he was having the worst day known to man it's still no excuse for not doing your job (any job) professionally, but I'd probably just leave it. The guy's probably an utter twat; but such is life, unfortunately.

Look at it this way, at least you could waltz out of McD's after your encounter with him. He's probably still there, stuck behind the counter doling out sour expressions and rudeness. Someone else will probably pick him up on it, and but good, if it wasn't just a one-off day of bad attitude. ;)