Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Up to 25% of electorate 'might vote BNP'

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Obviously they don't go far enough when racist fascist scumbags can peddle racist fascist lies with impunity.

Spouting racist and fascist lies should be though.

No. In an ideal world neither Likud nor Hamas would exist. But those parties are not about fascism/racism. As I said before, fascism/racism stands apart from anything else on earth, regardless of how repugnant.

It's not about political parties I disagree with. There are countless political parties I disagree with, some of them profoundly, and yet I have no problem with them existing. As I have said many times now, a distinction can and should be made between fascism/racism and anything else.
    the reality of this world is that it is impossible to narrow down democracy and freedom to ...just the nice party.
    or have you already been conned mate?
  • Options
    Ban the Church, ban the BNP, ban Thatcher, ban pro-lifers.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if we lived in an Aladdin idyll like good little boys and girls.

In fact, why bother with elections at all? Aladdin knows best.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    No, it is exactly why it is important to stand up and fight their ideas and trounce the ideas.
    Shame then about the regrettable lack of success from all concerned, not only the main political parties but also those members of the public who argue the BNP should be allowed to say anything it wants because it's so easy to expose them for what they are.
    Banning it does nothing. All banning it does is prove these peoples' point.

Part of their argument is that ethnic people are taking over this country, and driving out white people. In what way do you think banning a view would change this?
    Because some people are too stupid to think beyond such lies and manipulation?

And because after the initial 'furore', after the racists fascist were denied a platform to speak from and members to place in seats of power, their filth would be relegated mostly to the function rooms of the odd delerict pub, and the public at large would cease to be exposed to their pestilence.
    Especially given that in many northern towns most people already think that the ethic people are taking over.
    Yes. Because the BNP has been allowed to say for many years, legally and legitimately- which sadly makes such lies legitimate in the minds of fools.

Out of interest, should far-left parties be banned too? After all, communism just preys on inequality and hardship to further its own damaging agenda.
    Even if one happens to believe in the "damaging" agenda of communism, as I have said about 75 trillion times now there is a distinct difference (IMO of course) between fascism/racism and everything else.

So no, nothing else needs to be banned and no other parties need worrying.

Gosh, is it such a difficult concept to grasp, everyone?

And who are you to decide who is right and who is wrong?
    Who is anybody?

Does this mean I can go and rape somebody? I mean, who is anyone to tell me it's wrong?
  • Options
    the reality of this world is that it is impossible to narrow down democracy and freedom to ...just the nice party.
    or have you already been conned mate?
    Read my posts again Mr. Roll... I'm getting increasingly tired of repeating I do not wish to ban any other party, even those I profoundly disagree with.

Hell, I wouldn't even ban the BNP if they pledged to stop all racist filth peddling from tomorrow.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Ban the Church, ban the BNP, ban Thatcher, ban pro-lifers.

Wouldn't it be so much easier if we lived in an Aladdin idyll like good little boys and girls.

In fact, why bother with elections at all? Aladdin knows best.
    Where have I ever said I wish to ban the Church, Thatcher or pro-lifers?

Think carefully before you answer. Especially regarding the Church.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Shame then about the regrettable lack of success from all concerned

You ain't got a clue.
    after the racists fascist were denied a platform to speak from and members to place in seats of power, their filth would be relegated mostly to the function rooms of the odd delerict pub, and the public at large would cease to be exposed to their pestilence.

You ain't got a clue.
    Yes. Because the BNP has been allowed to say for many years, legally and legitimately- which sadly makes such lies legitimate in the minds of fools.

You ain't got a clue.
    Even if one happens to believe in the "damaging" agenda of communism, as I have said about 75 trillion times now there is a distinct difference (IMO of course) between fascism/racism and everything else.

Ah yes, your opinion.

Communism is just as much about hate as the far-right are.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

So no, nothing else needs to be banned and no other parties need worrying.

?
    :lol::D :eek2:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Where have I ever said I wish to ban the Church

In just about every thread about religion in, ooh, the last four years.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You ain't got a clue.

You ain't got a clue.

You ain't got a clue.
    To quote yourself Kermit, turn off the auto-rant and try to explain to us all why this is so.

The fact remains that the BNP keeps rising and rising despite all the claims from the freedom of speech fundamentalists that it's better to let them say what they want and them expose them for what they are.

Is that not the case?

Communism is just as much about hate as the far-right are.
    In your opinion.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    In just about every thread about religion in, ooh, the last four years.
    Oh yeah? Go prove it.

Please.

Should be easy enough, what with me saying so all the time.
  • Options
    far to many of you who believe in freedom ...want freedom ...have mmore of it than anyone in history ...are mightily confused about what freedom actualy entails.
    so easy to blame the politicians again and again.
    mixed inner city communities in my experience get on so much better without middle class white folk interfering with what can be said and what can't.
    with middle class politicaly correct dogma, forced down the throats of the ...
    stupid and ignorant alladin calls them ...they have have divided and seperated people beyond recognition.
    people fear each other cos they no longer understand each other.
    through the fifties and sixties these parties existed ...on a shoe string in a room in a back to back.
    the the whites the irish the asian the oriental and the afros and all mixes inbetween ...used to hold anti nazi ralies to educate people ...gues what?
    it kept them at bay ...kept them in the backstreet.
    but now ...no one goes out much anymore ...
  • Options
    ladin ...only the other day you were upset about the chinks and their taste in rock n roll!
  • Options
    with middle class politicaly correct dogma, forced down the throats of the ...
    stupid and ignorant alladin calls them
    Those who vote or would consider voting for the BNP, yes I do.

Why? Do you think they're being clever by voting for the British National Party?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Those who vote or would consider voting for the BNP, yes I do.

Why? Do you think they're being clever by voting for the British National Party?
    you smearing of a huge number of british people as stupid should ban you from living in this country.
    they may well be politicaly totaqly ignorant ...maybe because the daily grind of ;life ...win and loose win and loose and loose some more ...is more than enough to be dealing with.
    pay your way and get drunk at the end of the week covers a wide spectrum of us stupid ignorant english people.
    many of these people are extremely clever talented and hard working ...but people like you ...put them off politics straight away!

if aladdin doesn't wish it ...then aladdin will destroy it!
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    No. In an ideal world neither Likud nor Hamas would exist. But those parties are not about fascism/racism. As I said before, fascism/racism stands apart from anything else on earth, regardless of how repugnant.

It really is elitist and patronising to ban the BNP on the premise that there are some people ‘stupid’ and ‘gullible’ enough to believe their claims. Labour got elected into power in 1997 on the back of all kinds of ridiculous claims that the public swallowed. Not that Cameron will be any different if he wins an election for the Conservatives. That’s democracy. And if the BNP pick up a few local council seats on the basis of their extreme beliefs well that too is democracy. If you believe in democracy you can't pick and choose which results you accept.

Given the non-existence of liberal democracy throughout the Middle East with the exception of Israel – I was delighted when the Palestinians joined Israel in embracing democracy in the Middle East. I was disappointed that the Palestinians elected Hamas, a terrorist group responsible for the murders of hundreds of innocent people; a group that has deliberately targeted children in its vicious attacks. Further, as well as being a terrorist group Hamas is openly anti-Semitic. That you don’t consider Hamas racist is sad – I hope it is ignorance rather than a belief that anti-Semitism is not racism.

However, going back to the point despite the vileness of Hamas I could not possibly endorse any plan to deny them the right to stand in free and fair elections. If Palestinians regrettably wish to vote for Hamas if a truly democratic election is taking place they must be allowed to.

The slight rise in popularity of the BNP has been worrying but banning them is a lazy solution that will prove more trouble in the long run. Force them underground and you might even end up with a terrorist group – far right terrorists have existed before. At the very least the BNP would milk the ‘PC liberal elite’ banning the party for all its worth, there’d be a backlash and overnight you’d convert sympathisers into activists. Tackling the increasing popularity of the BNP is a challenge – but we need to put it into perspective, it’s still a tiny party with miniscule support. However, the so called rise of the BNP has happened since this government took office in ’97 – to a large extent Labour’s failures are responsible imo.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    IRA, a terrorist organisation responsible for tens of thousands of murders in its time.

:lol:

Bullshit tbh.
  • Options
    So all them protestants and catholics who advocated peace since the birth of the IRA all committed suicide in such a way that they were shot in the back of the head, cut their own dead bodies up and burried th epeaces all over the place themselves? Wow! That is amazing.

I suppose Lord Mount Batton blew himself up on hos boat then?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    So all them protestants and catholics who advocated peace since the birth of the IRA all committed suicide in such a way that they were shot in the back of the head, cut their own dead bodies up and burried th epeaces all over the place themselves? Wow! That is amazing.

:rolleyes:

I was laughing at the "tens of thousands" comment, complete and utter tripe, do your revision before coming back with such figures.
  • Options
    Every bombing victim, every sniper victim, every gunshot that killed, every murder, over lets narrow it down to 60 years, will come into the thousands. It is spread out you know, im not saying in my life time or in last 10 years.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    tens of farsands of 'em i tell ya ...bodies piled up to the very heavens!
  • Options
    It really is elitist and patronising to ban the BNP on the premise that there are some people ‘stupid’ and ‘gullible’ enough to believe their claims. Labour got elected into power in 1997 on the back of all kinds of ridiculous claims that the public swallowed. Not that Cameron will be any different if he wins an election for the Conservatives. That’s democracy. And if the BNP pick up a few local council seats on the basis of their extreme beliefs well that too is democracy. If you believe in democracy you can't pick and choose which results you accept.
    Only all politicians lie- you could say it's in their nature.

However, and for the millionth time today, not all politicians lie about racial issues and are unashamed fascists/racists making up stuff about people of other races/backgrounds in order to further their evil agenda.

That is the difference between the BNP and anyone else.
    Given the non-existence of liberal democracy throughout the Middle East with the exception of Israel – I was delighted when the Palestinians joined Israel in embracing democracy in the Middle East. I was disappointed that the Palestinians elected Hamas, a terrorist group responsible for the murders of hundreds of innocent people; a group that has deliberately targeted children in its vicious attacks.
    *cough* Likud *cough*
    Further, as well as being a terrorist group Hamas is openly anti-Semitic. That you don’t consider Hamas racist is sad – I hope it is ignorance rather than a belief that anti-Semitism is not racism.
    Seeing as members of Hamas are semitic themselves I find that hard to believe.

The slight rise in popularity of the BNP has been worrying but banning them is a lazy solution that will prove more trouble in the long run. Force them underground and you might even end up with a terrorist group – far right terrorists have existed before. At the very least the BNP would milk the ‘PC liberal elite’ banning the party for all its worth, there’d be a backlash and overnight you’d convert sympathisers into activists. Tackling the increasing popularity of the BNP is a challenge – but we need to put it into perspective, it’s still a tiny party with miniscule support. However, the so called rise of the BNP has happened since this government took office in ’97 – to a large extent Labour’s failures are responsible imo.
    It comes and goes, and I guess it is at its most popular whenever there are larger segments of the public discontent with current affairs- at the end of the day the BNP had a scarely significant presence in many council wards in the late 70s and early 80s.

That is the only saving grace to this situation- that it is not unique and there is a precedent of people temporarily switching to the BNP. But it is still a fairly worrying developement, and we don't really want to risk the BNP establishing a permanent presence in British politics. Clearly the current position of 'let them speak and make fools of themselves' isn't working.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Every bombing victim, every sniper victim, every gunshot that killed, every murder, over lets narrow it down to 60 years, will come into the thousands. It is spread out you know, im not saying in my life time or in last 10 years.

The figure is about 3,600, the IRA is responsible for 2,000 or so of these.
  • Options
    maybe voting bnp is just a way of making a statement about the amount of foreigners comming into this country.they may not believe what the bnp stands for,but is just a way of making a statement to the government?.
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    maybe voting bnp is just a way of making a statement about the amount of foreigners comming into this country.they may not believe what the bnp stands for,but is just a way of making a statement to the government?.
    i believe it's to do with misinformation and fear.
    misunderstanding of each others dress language customs beliefs etc etc.
    because we have become ghettoised.
    we no longer associate on a normal level ...normal for a multi cultural society that is.
    we no longer know each other ...everyone is a potential enemy ...it used to be friend amnd co worker.
  • Options
    Aladdins clearlty has little faith in Freedom of speech as the only possible antidote to extremism.

Perhaps we should ship him off to North Korea and let him compare which society is more successful?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    I doubt it...

To be fair, I don't think a lot of BNP voters know what they stand for, they just listen to the same old tiresome shit that the BNP spout every time a black man is charged with a crime, or when there are problems between races.

Some of the BNP's ideas I actually agree with, but at the same time it doesn't change the fact that they are racist, homophobic, xenophobic and Islamophobic. But because they are not allowed to speak, people will not know what they stand for because all their leaflets seem to say is kick the darkies out...

A great deal of our economy depends on the cheap labour of these immigrants who come over here and work jobs for minimum wage that a lot of native Brits would ask more for. If anything, blame the businesses and not the people coming here to work for them, the businesses just want to make money... As do a lot of immigrants and what they earn here, whilst it seems like peanuts to us is a lot of money in their country.

I say let them speak, they'd be taken apart by the British media, I mean honestly, what would they say on television?

Also, by restricting what they can say we are a, infringing their human rights and b, providing a recruiting tool and another excuse for them to talk about how the government is oppressing the white man.

If it is OK for Eminem to talk about bashing queers, for homophobic reggae and for ministers to openly say in papers that people are queer should get therapy, it should be OK for the BNP to discuss their policies...

There is a difference between voicing an opinion and inciting violence.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    However, and for the millionth time today, not all politicians lie about racial issues and are unashamed fascists/racists making up stuff about people of other races/backgrounds in order to further their evil agenda.

That is the difference between the BNP and anyone else.

I have to agree.

However, I do concur that the solution just can't be an outright banning of the party as then they'll be pushed underground, display themselves as censored, wronged and surpressed... and more than likely begin to appeal to a lot of people who weren't remotely interested when they were a legitimate political party.

That's human nature, as far as I can tell, and not the position we (or, at least, I) want to end up in with regards to the likes of the BNP.
    Kermit wrote:
    As for iknowyourmum, that's the quality of drivel one has come to expect from him.

Ah, my suspicions were well-founded. ;)
  • Options
    Aladdins clearlty has little faith in Freedom of speech as the only possible antidote to extremism.

Perhaps we should ship him off to North Korea and let him compare which society is more successful?
    What a constructive comment.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Seeing as members of Hamas are semitic themselves I find that hard to believe.

Anti-Semitic refers to hatred or discrimination against Jews. Assuming that meaning of anti-Semitism Hamas is undeniably anti-Semitic. If you prefer, Hamas is anti-Jewish. Either way their thoughts on Jews are equivalent to racism, Judaism obviously not being a race but discrimination or hatred based on someone’s Jewishness is equivalent to racism. I’m disappointed that you don’t seem to agree and refuse to apply the same standard to Hamas as you do to the BNP - equally, that you seem to refuse to treat racism and anti-Semitism equally is extremely sad.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    As for iknowyourmum, that's the quality of drivel one has come to expect from him. All those dirty immigrants driving out good white people indeed. I'd rather live in somewhere like Benwell than somewhere like where my mum and dad now live, where young Asian families are hounded out of their homes because "they" aren't welcome "here".

You realy are so full of shit your quite obviously blatently trying to score pathetic little points rather than debating the issue, "immigrants driving out good white people" as if I said that, firstly so called "white flight" is a fact it happens all the arears that are predomidantly non white used to be white do you deny this. And as for your comment

"Asians are responsible for rapes in many communities, and they are breeding and harbouring terrorists, especially in Lancashire and Yorkshire. What the BNP say about the situation in Keighley is true,"

Sounds much more like racist drivel than anything Ive said.

If you want to debate points weve both said then Im happy to do that and youl lose, If you want to debate nasty personal attacks Im happy to do that as well and youl also lose.

Perhaps you should stick to making nasty personall attacks on people who are weak enough to let a sad loser like you bully them, for what its worth I
    think your attacks on me underline more about your own insecurities and your atempts to make you feel better about your self than they do about and any points Id made.