Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

US launching huge air attacks in Iraq

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yet no one has been charged, investigated, put up for trial and none other then stupid protestors has said America are guilty of all of the above.

Your argfuments are ridculously biased, pedantic and mindless.

You have no idea of the real world and its pointless even talking to you.
  • Options
    I'm not patriotic and never have been

Good man!
    nor do I have any trust in or respect for authority

Yay!
    I'm happy to accept having some kind of government as a necessary evil though

hmmmm?
    without one people would be getting fucked over by capitalist scum even more then they are already.

So people without guns who operate through voluntary trade on a take it or leave it basis are more likely to fuck you over than men with guns who can use violence to get you to do whatever they want?

Does that sound reasonable?

So now we have your hook. Wriggle free please.

CLANDESTINE! -

What you posted was all opinion.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Yet no one has been charged, investigated, put up for trial and none other then stupid protestors has said America are guilty of all of the above.

I wonder why that is! :lol:

You have to admit it Walkindude... you have just been

owned.jpg

by Clan.
  • Options
    no.

only in your deluded little mind.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So people without guns who operate through voluntary trade on a take it or leave it basis are more likely to fuck you over than men with guns who can use violence to get you to do whatever they want?

Yep, crappy as it usually is, I'll take rule by elected government over rule by multi-national corporations any day of the week.
  • Options
    Yep, crappy as it usually is, I'll take rule by elected government over rule by multi-national corporations any day of the week.

You can't have multi national corporations immune from consequence without a government. Corporations don't exist either.

You don't really think that elections mean anything, surely to god?
  • Options

Firstly, it is apprent that you neither read nor bother researching even that provided to educate you from your illusions. Secondly, that very argument is already addressed in Principle II of the Nuremberg Principles...
    The fact that internal law does not impose a penalty for an act which constitutes a crime under international law does not relieve the person who committed the act from responsibility under international law.

Thirdly, by your (faulty or dare say apparently non-existent) logic, the murderer or thief who is never apprehended and brought to trial is not guilty of any crime. Now there is slippery slope indeed! :chin:
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You can't have multi national corporations immune from consequence without a government. Corporations don't exist either.

You don't really think that elections mean anything, surely to god?

Elections let us choose which particular flavour of shit will be on the menu - it ain't the ideal system but it's better than Mogadishu or Ayn Rand-land, and it's not like any of us have much choice, apart from that cabin in the woods!
  • Options
    Actually Ray, elections are the outward charade for those who have already decided which flavour of shit will be placed on the menu to convince the otherwise unquestioning, non-investigatory and essentially disinterested herd that their periodic input has any importance whatsoever.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    no.

only in your deluded little mind.
    :D Of course.

Keep denying the obvious if you want.

fingers20in20ears7nx.jpg

"La-la-la-la-la-la-la! I can't hear you!

The US hasn't broken international law.

The US hasn't tortured anybody.

Oh no they haven't!

It's all lies.

La-la-la-la-la-la-la!"
  • Options
    Elections let us choose which particular flavour of shit will be on the menu

:lol:

You don't really believe that do you?
    it ain't the ideal system but it's better than Mogadishu or Ayn Rand-land, and it's not like any of us have much choice, apart from that cabin in the woods!

Euuuurgh Rand. :yuck:

You really can't think of any alternatives bar picking which foot kicks your arse every few years?
  • Options
    Actually Ray, elections are the outward charade for those who have already decided which flavour of shit will be placed on the menu to convince the otherwise unquestioning, non-investigatory and essentially disinterested herd that their periodic input has any importance whatsoever.

You think every election in history has been rigged?
  • Options

:lol:

It's rather obviously the case.
  • Options
    I thought I was cynical but jesus you guys are the definaition of the word, either that or crazy.
  • Options
    I don't think democracy's all that - it's usually a tool for taking power away from people and putting it into the hands of political parties - but I definitely believe that free and fair elections can and do happen, and I'm also aware that it's cynical and apathetic people like myself that let people like Margaret Thatcher and George Bush get into power so I should probably change my ways and start voting!
  • Options

I think its safe to say that those in my own country certainly in my lifetime and likely for a considerable time prior likely have been, most brazenly so in 2000 and 2004. I cannot speak for every country's processes nor "every election in history".
  • Options
    I don't think democracy's all that - it's usually a tool for taking power away from people and putting it into the hands of political parties - but I definitely believe that free and fair elections can and do happen

Oh sure they can happen..but we don't have them.

Maybe back when Kier Hardie and co were coming up there was a chance of seeing one in this country but they will have all been long since absorbed into the mix.
    and I'm also aware that it's cynical and apathetic people like myself that let people like Margaret Thatcher and George Bush get into power so I should probably change my ways and start voting!

Voting gives the impression that government is done by consent. It helps mask the violent domination that is all government really is. If no one voted, would they stop telling you what to do?

So voting isn't for selection, it's PR.
  • Options
    I think its safe to say that those in my own country certainly in my lifetime and likely for a considerable time prior likely have been, most brazenly so in 2000 and 2004. I cannot speak for every country's processes nor "every election in history".

Is that presidential elections only, or are congressional, senatorial, state, and municipal elections also rigged? Do the Illuminati micro-manage the election of everybody from dog-catchers up, or do they just stick to the big ones?

Everybody knows the 2000 election was a joke but it'd be a mistake to extrapolate from that that every other election is the same.
  • Options
    My reference was to Presidential elections Ray. As for any so called illuminati, Ill stick with verifiable institutional/corporate dynamics thanks.

Regarding Congressional Elections, whether rigged or not, the systemic reality that both of the only allowed and viable alternatives are equally tied to big money support for success means, again, that ultimately the charade of voting achieves nothing more than the illusion of any say in the system for the average citizen.
  • Options
    Who would really bother fiddling the books to put Jimmy Carter into power, a shadowy cabal of peanut farmers?
  • Options
    What are the odds of someone getting into Jimmy Carters position without already holding all the "right" views?

None. That's what.

It's the same at the local level as it is at the very top. People pick those who already hold very similar opinions to themselves.

What are the odds of actually getting a small government representative who isn't already just like those in small government?

Loooong. No one who thinks that the government shouldn't be there is going to run for it, never mind get the support they would need in media etc.
  • Options
    Yes, I can't really see the "Dismantle Government Forever" party getting much more than a small proportion of the vote - but democracy's never going to be a winner for people with extreme fringe beliefs.

People who *really* can't handle living under a government could always try out life in Somalia where there has been no government for 15 years - but most of the people there seem very keen on the idea of having a government again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4039271.stm
  • Options
    Not being picky or anything but weren't the current problems there caused by several governments, including the US and domestic ones?

I mean, they didn't just up and decide to butcher each other, did they?

It took months of propoganda from....a government......to install and utilise false beliefs of tribe and nation.

The problems centre around not having schools, medicine etc, none of which are government services, they were all thought up by the private sector, though smart governments quickly take them over.

Lets see we have a guy who keeps getting robbed "I have no arms". Guess who takes them away from people?

Other classics include - "But if I could not go to school and had to carry on doing this, at least if there were a government, I would not have to give half the rods to the gunman. " No, he'd have to give half the rods to the government, who would tell him it was for his own good.

"They all still want to be president and we cannot have 15 presidents in Somalia."

So they need one guy with arms bloody to the elbows instead of 15. Too much government, see?

"We are ignorant - we just do what our leaders tell us. If our leaders tell us to start fighting, that's what we know best, so it's very easy. "

Hmmmm more government definitely needed here.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    more government needed here

That's what the Somalis think, and they're
    people who, unlike yourself, have actual experience of living without a government.

I don't doubt things would be any different here if the government did somehow magically disappear.
  • Options
    That's what the Somalis think, and they're

That's what some Somali's think, ones who's stories are on a government website. You've also missed the point entirely that they do have government - they have 15 of them. Theres a general consensus that if they slim it down to 1 it will be less hassle.

And people do desire government. Who wouldn't? You can steal from others and it's ok, use it to kill your enemies, and generally break every normal rule of behaviour for your own benefit. Popular doesnt equal good.
    I don't doubt things would be any different here if the government did somehow magically disappear.

Theres a big difference in dismantling the ideas of a government (that you ALL have to do what it says, that it can force you to pay for whatever crackpot scheme it's come up with this week etc) and having government fractionate because of a stupid war it started itself.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    That's what some Somali's think, ones who's stories are on a government website. You've also missed the point entirely that they do have government - they have 15 of them. Theres a general consensus that if they slim it down to 1 it will be less hassle.

They have warlords and militias, not governments. Do you think the stories of the Somalis on the BBC are unrepresentative and the rest of the country is loving anarchy? Have you considered a visit to Somalia?
  • Options
    They have warlords and militias, not governments. Do you think the stories of the Somalis on the BBC are unrepresentative and the rest of the country is loving anarchy?

Theres no difference beween them. Governments just have the sort of rules a thinking despot would put in place to keep power.

Oh good ord no, I am sure that there are plenty of people who wish some mythical figure would sweep down and make it all ok for them. They might as well wish for superman to sort it, as what they are going to get is militia leaders with titles like "minister for the interior."

I bet there are also plenty of people who wish that the government hadn't fucked up everything in the first place.
    Have you considered a visit to Somalia?

I would but theres that whole passport thing.....plus it don't exist.
  • Options
    My god yor are mad Klintock.

Tell me, since governmets are wrong and democracy is wrong, and dicatorships are wrong and every regime under the sun is wrong and law doesn't exist and countries don't exist and we live in world of lies, oppression and non existance.

What is the solution?????????
  • Options
    My god yor are mad Klintock.

Why, thank you.
    Tell me, since governmets are wrong and democracy is wrong, and dicatorships are wrong and every regime under the sun is wrong and law doesn't exist and countries don't exist and we live in world of lies, oppression and non existance.

Pretty much.
    What is the solution?????????

What's the problem?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I would but theres that whole passport thing.....plus it don't exist.

For someone who thinks government shouldn't exist, it seems odd that you're not drawn to the place on the planet where there isn't one.