Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whining old people

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the frailty thing isn't about whether they can run for the bus, it's about whether their bones could withstand a knock.
  • Options
    havent seen much in the way of octaginarian athletics round these parts....
  • Options
    You see a lot of 55-65 year olds who do that though.

It annoys me when they start having a go at my disabled sister in law when she won't stand for them too.

hey ho.
  • Options
    getting20old2lw.jpg
  • Options
    getting20old2lw.jpg

i think women have it harder than men in that respect
  • Options
    briggi wrote:

As for them wanting to get on [the bus] first, well don't we all? They're also incredibly aware that they've no guarantee of being offered a seat by anyone else - it would be utter stupidity to rely on the good nature of others.

:rolleyes:

Oh yes, how silly of me. I completely forgot that there might not be someone else in the queue willing to give up a seat. Why, that entitles everyone to simply move to the front of the queue to ensure that they get one.

Have your own :rolleyes: back.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Oh yes, how silly of me. I completely forgot that there might not be someone else in the queue willing to give up a seat. Why, that entitles everyone to simply move to the front of the queue to ensure that they get one.

Have your own :rolleyes: back.

It doesn't entitle anyone to anything, I was merely offering an explanation as to why they might be eager to board the bus before others (and my take on why they attempt to).

I would allow them to do so, obviously others wouldn't.
  • Options
    i have seen plenty of comments in this place about the oldies presuming ALL young people are bad ...kettle and pot come to mind in this moaning whining thread ...which has the tone of suggesting ALL old people are ...baaad!
  • Options
    Not all people are bad.

The nicest people you will ever meet are old. Sadly the worst people you will ever meet are also old.

For every fun-filled old woman who loves life and will help anyone, there's one old fogey who hates all young people, and goes off sulking to the papers when someone makes her do something she doesn't want to do.
  • Options
    is knitting in a public place illegal yet?
  • Options
    is knitting in a public place illegal yet?

Only on a plane (if your Arab ;) )
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Only on a plane (if your Arab ;) )

i think the sharp pointy bits of the needles might indeed be illegal
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I have no problem giving up my seat to an old person, makes you think when they dont thank you or even acknowledge your existence. On the train home from work this afternoon it was a shortened train and it was packed. Offered an old lady on walking sticks my seat, she looked at me, barged past me, and didn't even have the decency to thank me. In future I might just tell them to sod off, after all I pay £3 for the privilege of travelling on the train when they pay 35p. Then she had the audacity to start shouting at the conductor because the train was ONE minute late and her daughter would be waiting at the station. Whoop de fucking do.

</rant>
  • Options
    Then she had the audacity to start shouting at the conductor because the train was ONE minute late and her daughter would be waiting at the station. Whoop de fucking do.

well thats what you get when your son/daughter is a youth, they are alll impatient these days
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not all people are bad.

The nicest people you will ever meet are old. Sadly the worst people you will ever meet are also old.

How can you come out with a statement such as the above and expect to be taken seriously?

You're so full of exaggerations, sweeping statements and hyperbole.
  • Options
    How can you come out with a statement such as the above and expect to be taken seriously?

Quite easily.

Who the fuck are you, anyway?
    You're so full of exaggerations, sweeping statements and hyperbole.

Aww diddums.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Quite easily.

Evidently so.
    Who the fuck are you, anyway?

:confused: A poster on a politics and debate message board?
    Aww diddums.

Yes, quite.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You see a lot of 55-65 year olds who do that though.

I'm not sure about men, but for women post-menopause the bones are already thining. If you start the menopause at 30-odd or 40-odd then you'd already be frail at 55.
    Kermit wrote:
    It annoys me when they start having a go at my disabled sister in law when she won't stand for them too.

:grump:

This is unfortunate (give 'em the finger)
  • Options
    giving them the finger might break then though
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    giving them the finger might break then though

Or just listen to music and look out the window. Then you can't see or hear them whinging.
  • Options
    Or just listen to music and look out the window. Then you can't see or hear them whinging.

people might laugh at that, but i'll admit i do that all the time :blush: