Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whining old people

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    very good......asian women can wear clothes that could hide their identity,why not ask them to remove an item of clothing?

I've not seen a devout Muslim in a pub before.
  • Options
    no she shouldn't

Of course she should. She's no more special than anyone else.
  • Options
    Pheh, whatever.

If me not wanting to get cancer because of one selfish cunt makes me a soulless pussy, then I'm a soulless pussy.
    If me wanting to go out and not have to carry the lass home after an asthma attack makes me "psycho", then hey, I must be psycho.

I'm not the one throwing the toys out of the pram because my "right" to poison everyone in the same building has been removed.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So if a pub says blacks aren't allowed in, that's fine is it?

Oh dear, more hyperbole again. Should i have to ban dogs from my pub in case some whining bell end has allergies? If i won't do it, the governemt must!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There is actually a huge demand for non-smoking pubs, about 84% are in favour I believe. .
    then wheres the problem for the few of us who want a fag with our pint?
  • Options
    then wheres the problem for the few of us who want a fag with our pint?

If pubs would get off their bottoms and segregate smoking and non-smoking areas, then none at all.

You enjoy your pint of ash, I'll enjoy my pint of beer. Seems fair to me.

But pubs didn't get off their bottoms and segregate, so now they've had it imposed on them, and it's gone a wee bit fascist about it.
  • Options
    i didn't say she was special.
    with this kind of thinking ...we aint far away from all having to dress the same.
    we treat children and disabled people differently ...according to their needs.
    an eighty odd year old who built your world ...shouldn't hasve hers destroyed cos of selfisness and intolerance.
  • Options
    no she shouldn't ...she should be treated as an old lkady and given a little dignity.
    next you'll be demanding that old lad ladies have to wear trainers.

you can treat people with dignity, and then you can have people either taking the complete piss out of you for doing so, or getting treated so different, it defeats the idea in the first place as to why the hat was asked to be removed

i think the old lady was more offended by the fact she was asked, rather than any tone of voice that might have been used, which worries me, considering there was the possibility she was treated with the utmost respect and dignity, and she threw it back in the face of the barworker
  • Options
    i didn't say she was special.
    with this kind of thinking ...we aint far away from all having to dress the same.
    an eighty odd year old who built your world ...shouldn't hasve hers destroyed cos of selfisness and intolerance.

it destroys worlds because someone asked you politely to remove your hat?

and i thought the non smokers were the deluded ones
  • Options
    whining bell end
    souless whinging pussies

Oh dear.

Such eloquence.

All because you can't have a smoke with your pint.

It's like talking to a three-year-old who can't have a sweetie. But with more expletives.

As dis said, separate rooms, no fuss on my part. Everyone is happy. No separate rooms, and the whole lot can be smoke-free.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    you can treat people with dignity, and then you can have people either taking the complete piss out of you for doing so, or getting treated so different, it defeats the idea in the first place as to why the hat was asked to be removed

i think the old lady was more offended by the fact she was asked, rather than any tone of voice that might have been used, which worries me, considering there was the possibility she was treated with the utmost respect and dignity, and she threw it back in the face of the barworker
    she should never have been asked to remove it in the first place.

i find it very difficult to believe that any of you can make an issue out of some old lady wanting to wear a fyucking hat!
    thats why i think people are loosing the plot.
  • Options

Maybe I'm missing some huge point here, but what need is there for anyone to wear a hat indoors?

Was the roof leaking or something?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Maybe I'm missing some huge point here, but what need is there for anyone to wear a hat indoors?

Was the roof leaking or something?
    why the fuck is it an issue?

you have all been brainwashed beyond belief.

'if i have to obey the surveilance camera rules then so does she.'

can't you see how cold and stupid people are becoming?

we must obey the curfew ...we must obey the system ...your all going fucking scarily stooopid!
    it's an old lady with a fucking hat on!
  • Options
    i was allways taught to have respect for old people.
  • Options
    i imagine old ladies wearing hats is now bad for kermits fucking asthma.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh dear.

Such eloquence.

All because you can't have a smoke with your pint.

It's like talking to a three-year-old who can't have a sweetie. But with more expletives.

As dis said, separate rooms, no fuss on my part. Everyone is happy. No separate rooms, and the whole lot can be smoke-free.

You could address the points or side step them as usual.

I'm not a smoker.
  • Options
    and the barworker in question did, hence why she kindly asked the old woman to remove her hat

it was the old woman, after afforded sincerity by the barworker who went all loopy and mad on us

the fact that theres no need to wear a hat indoors doesnt actually come in to it, we should treat old people with respect and dignity, and make that the norm, not treat them specially and let them get away with things that other people cant, even something as simple as wearing a hat indoors, when she was politely asked not to otherwise
  • Options
    i imagine old ladies wearing hats is now bad for kermits fucking asthma.

considering you were calling the people wanting a smoking ban childish, i find your comments in bad taste, you cant have it both ways old chap

whats it to be, respect and dignity for the elders, or nothing at all because they want to stop everyone else been childish and brat like so they can be
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    and the barworker in question did, hence why she kindly asked the old woman to remove her hat

it was the old woman, after afforded sincerity by the barworker who went all loopy and mad on us

the fact that theres no need to wear a hat indoors doesnt actually come in to it, we should treat old people with respect and dignity, and make that the norm, not treat them specially and let them get away with things that other people cant, even something as simple as wearing a hat indoors, when she was politely asked not to otherwise
    well i think she should have supped up and taken her bizz elswhere.
    i'm now going to make a point of wearing a hat and refusing to remove it.
  • Options
    the fucking hat wearing old bastard!!...what a cunt!! i'd have dragged the bitch out!
  • Options
    im quite happy if pubs have seperate areas, it does indeed work, but as kermit pointed out, many dont and never will, they've collectively brought it on themselves
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

Dear lord, your statements are more loaded than a gun. Kindly, sincerity, loopy. You could write Daily Mail articles.

Yes, the old dear went too far with contacting the papers, but when some minimum wage retard can't differentiate between protocol and some old dear's hat, then there really are problems.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    considering you were calling the people wanting a smoking ban childish,
    please show me where i said that.
  • Options
    well i think she should have supped up and taken her bizz elswhere.
    i'm now going to make a point of wearing a hat and refusing to remove it.

i think if she did have a problem with it, that would have been the ideal solution, and to be honest i think the problems lies with the origional reporter that the bbc got this story from, for making it an issue in the first place
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    the fucking hat wearing old bastard!!...what a cunt!! i'd have dragged the bitch out!
    strangeways here we come ...a jail full of hat wearing pensioners os what this lot want.
    i can't believe this can be an issue.
    old people have always worn fucking hats ...it keeps them warm ...helps them feel secure and guess what ...they were under the impression they were allowed to ...can't imagine why they get upset ...
  • Options
    rolly wrote:
    and guess what ...they'd want safety barriers ...hand rails to the toilet ...
    people who are allergic to wood will demand all pubs are fitted with plastic only
    rolly wrote:
    a thread about moaning old biddies filled with moaning fucking young biddies

while you went and described purile childish behaviour, i do apologise for taking things out of context and misrepresenting your words
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    while you went and described purile childish behaviour, i do apologise for taking things out of context and misrepresenting your words
    :D
  • Options
    strangeways here we come ...a jail full of hat wearing pensioners os what this lot want.
    i can't believe this can be an issue.
    old people have always worn fucking hats ...it keeps them warm ...helps them feel secure and guess what ...they were under the impression they were allowed to ...can't imagine why they get upset ...
    and these people are supposed to be well educated and "tollerant"...my baseball caps out the fucking window along with the fags!
  • Options
    "We always approach people politely and most of the elderly take their hats off anyway when they sit down. Mrs Wilbraham does not understand that the world is changing."

i think it was a bit wrong and insensitive for him to put it quite like that, but times are changing, and while eldery people are often treated with respect and dignity, as Mrs Wilbraham was when she was kindly asked to removed her hat, it doesnt mean she can be expected to be treated in a vastly different manner as any other general member of the public would expect to be
  • Options
    What level of violence would be appropriate to use on this old woman to get her to take off her hat?