Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nanny state...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    would they really have *bothered* to come up with the biggest conspiracy in history in order to invade Afghanistan?
    yes.
    it was being planned back in the days of reagan.
    for an administration to tell its people it is going to war for a generation to build ...the new american century ...needed another pearl harbour ...all their words not mine.
    the dollar is on the verge of total collapse ...saddam was about to break the oil trading rules by selling in euros ...splat!
    iran has announced it is going to do the same thing as of next month ...splat!
    if middle eastern oil producing countries ditch the dollar ...ever oil consuming country on the globe ...has to follow suit.
    result ...america bankrupt.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    Morrocan roll, do you personally have any background in flying planes or in structural engineering? If not, how can you gauge the accuracy of what you are cutting and pasting?
    and vray ...if you do a little research into resource wars as predicted in the 1960's you will find that we have arrived at that very point ...about twenty five years sooner than predicted.
    the fact that world resources from cement to timber to oil to everything that is produced manufactured grown processed etc ...is now heading toward asia in an unforseen way ...on a massive scale ...is a cause of great concern for the greatest consumer in history ...america.

war for a generation ...your generation.
  • Options
    it is IMPOSSIBLE ...for the pancake theory of collapsing floors to be the true version.
    no steel framed skyscraper has ever fell becuase of fire ...you told to believe that three did just that all on the same day!

Experts in the field have competing views on the subject - I don't have the engineering background to be able to tell which group of experts makes more sense.

Plenty of things do seem a little dubious about the official version of events - but every alternative theory of events I've ever heard quickly becomes incredibly ludicrous - stuff about holograms, missile-firing jets disguised as 767s, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    the fact that world resources from cement to timber to oil to everything that is produced manufactured grown processed etc ...is now heading toward asia in an unforseen way ...on a massive scale ...is a cause of great concern for the greatest consumer in history ...america.

war for a generation ...your generation.

I don't see what the Chinese manufacturing boom has to do with the events of 9/11 and resource wars certainly aren't anything new - what do you think all those colonial wars were about?
  • Options
    from the links provided in this thread of course ...which you said you had looked at ...along with having looked into all this stuff on your very own already.

so links from sites that have made their minds up that their is a conspiracy are supposed to be accurate and credible sources?

don't give up the day job
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Ignorant no. Accurate yes.

Accurate about what? You quite clearly don't have a clue about political theory or history.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Though looking at whats going on, on the thread now, you and me could be in agreement Blagsta so what does that say? :chin:

Eh? How is that relevant? :confused:
  • Options
    no i don't.
    i wiegh up the evidence.
    the official line is so obviously untrue. the links are to people in those fields.
    it is IMPOSSIBLE ...for the pancake theory of collapsing floors to be the true version.
    no steel framed skyscraper has ever fell becuase of fire ...you told to believe that three did just that all on the same day!

the hole in the pentagon and the cover ups that go with it should be sounding alarm bells in everyones heads but no ...

how can you "wiegh up the evidence" when you have no background in flying planes or structural engineering? :confused:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    so links from sites that have made their minds up that their is a conspiracy are supposed to be accurate and credible sources?

don't give up the day job
    if you actualy bothered to look you'd see they haven't just made their minds up.
  • Options
    and vray ...if you do a little research into resource wars as predicted in the 1960's you will find that we have arrived at that very point ...about twenty five years sooner than predicted.

This is where my oft repeated cry of "read some fucking history" is repeated. Almost all wars throughout history have been resource wars you daft plank.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    resource wars certainly aren't anything new - what do you think all those colonial wars were about?
    resource wars of the past were about grabbing stuff to make you wealthy ...resource wars now are about survival.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    how can you "wiegh up the evidence" when you have no background in flying planes or structural engineering? :confused:
    seeing as your experience in politics economics social affairs etc etc adds up to a big fat nothing ...
  • Options
    resource wars of the past were about grabbing stuff to make you wealthy ...resource wars now are about survival.

LOL! :D
  • Options
    seeing as your experience in politics economics social affairs etc etc adds up to a big fat nothing ...

This doesn't even make sense.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    LOL! :D
    so you don't see the difference between taking resources to expand your economy and influence ...as opposed to taking resources so your economy can actualy survive?
  • Options
    so you don't see the difference between taking resources to expand your economy and influence ...as opposed to taking resources so your economy can actualy survive?

Oh dear m r. At the risk of sounding boring and repetitive - please read some history.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    you just carry on with your view that it is easy to fly a big commercial jet liner and point it at the building in the distance with no experience mate.
    carry on believing a hole at ground level at the pentagon was made ...whats the point.
    must go and pick wifey up from school ...tara.
  • Options
    You've admitted you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to flying planes and structural engineering - so why do you expect people to believe your theories based on the finer points of those two things?
  • Options
    you just carry on with your view that it is easy to fly a big commercial jet liner and point it at the building in the distance with no experience mate.

They didn't have "no experience" did they? Anyway, I can't believe its that difficult to point the thing at a big fuck off building
    carry on believing a hole at ground level at the pentagon was made .

I don't have to "beleive", there are plenty of eye witness accounts
  • Options
    stuff about holograms, missile-firing jets disguised as 767s, that kind of thing.

Which is why, vray, one sticks to the empirically verifiable holes in the coverstory which are more sufficient for the rationale and investigatory mind to realise the public has been sold the most ridiculous "conspiracy theory" of them all.

The extraneous notions of holograms and pods, or what have you, are also addressed with in the 911Truth movement as clearly interjected by those with the vested interest in discrediting the legitimate and reasoned research. Not all that hard to fathom as a tactic and not without precedent when those who mihg t be exposed find the spotlight coming too close for comfort.

Just as one can examine the record of character smear with which this admin (and indeed many previous) has/have answered charges against them arising from what IS known (i.e. logical, evidentiary, fact), so too one need deal, in this instance, with those aspects which are rationally consistent and throw out that which is not.

The intellectually complacent, like our dear Blagsta, simply demonstrate their inability to differentiate between the two by searching for the first outlandish reference they can find in the mix and dismissing it all. Hardly the mark of anyone wishing to present himself as scholarly.
  • Options
    You've admitted you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to flying planes and structural engineering - so why do you expect people to believe your theories based on the finer points of those two things?

because the people questioning it don't have any experience in those fields either?

Which just leaves us with expert opinion and the laws of physics - i.e. jet fuel isn't hot enough to melt steel and an office fire certainly isn't. Oh, and buildings don't just fall down all on their own footprint three times in a day either.
    They didn't have "no experience" did they?

Which people? The ones whose passport was found three hours later on a sidestreet or the ones who turned up alive and well three weeks later?

That's not to say i am with the tinfoilers on this issue. It just means I know the government is lying. Now I know they are kind of known for doing that but I am a little curious why.

Have an alternate theory for WTC - terrorist planes hit the buildings making them unstable. The authorities are faced with a rather nasty choice - either watch the fucking things fall over sideways and take out many many more buildings in a terrible domino effect or blow the foundations and condem the people inside to death.

Would there be any way to secure such monstrous structures against eventual collapse? It's not like you can get the hairy arses to come round and whack some scaffolding up, is it?

have another one - What if the government has absolutely no idea who the fuck did it. It blames the usual suspects but really IS in the dark about the whole thing. In a panic, they ask for more and more powers to curb civil liberties because they know nothing about who the real terrorists were.

Islamic groups join in, a war is started the whole thing goes tit's up.
  • Options
    yeah 3 years of my life just studying politics, I reall have no clue do I blag? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah 3 years of my life just studying politics, I reall have no clue do I blag? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, you don't have a clue. You can't even see that there is a difference between communism and the system in the former USSR which didn't even come close. State capitalism ring a bell? Thought not. Your political theory is sorely lacking.
  • Options
    The extraneous notions of holograms and pods, or what have you, are also addressed with in the 911Truth movement as clearly interjected by those with the vested interest in discrediting the legitimate and reasoned research. Not all that hard to fathom as a tactic and not without precedent when those who mihg t be exposed find the spotlight coming too close for comfort.

Just as one can examine the record of character smear with which this admin (and indeed many previous) has/have answered charges against them arising from what IS known (i.e. logical, evidentiary, fact), so too one need deal, in this instance, with those aspects which are rationally consistent and throw out that which is not.

So who do you reckon was flying the planes?
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    So who do you reckon was flying the planes?

Lizards.jpg
  • Options
    Nice theories, Klint, until you factor in the fact that the presiding cabal's own seminal agenda (now demonstrably well into execution point for point) called for just such a traumatic and catalyzing event. To suggest that just when needed, your friendly neighbourhood islamicists just conveniently supplied what the PNAC ideologues sought to luanch their war of destruction, destabilisation and conquest throughout the Middle East, is even more a "tin foil" suggestion than good ol home-brewed treason for power.

Also worth noting is the fact that in 1945 a US bomber plowed into the side of the Empire State Building causing structural damage on two of the floors and there was no global collapse then. The WTC was designed to far stronger specifications than the Empire State, I trust you can appreciate.
  • Options
    To suggest that just when needed, your friendly neighbourhood islamicists just conveniently supplied what the PNAC ideologues sought to luanch their war of destruction, destabilisation and conquest throughout the Middle East, is even more a "tin foil" suggestion than good ol home-brewed treason for power.

It wasn't the first al-Qaeda attack on American interests by a long way though - it wasn't even the first attempt by terrorists to knock down those particular buildings, the WTC was bombed by Islamic terrorists early in the Clinton adminsitration.
  • Options
    Nice theories, Klint, until you factor in the fact that the presiding cabal's own seminal agenda (now demonstrably well into execution point for point) called for just such a traumatic and catalyzing event.

Like an attack on the empty bit of the pentagon?

Who knows, maybe they did one and others were responsible for the WTC, or maybe the other way around. The biggest problem is that there is little data to go at.

The other problem with theories is that everyone can have one. There are massive holes in the government line, but the truth is still unclear and some of the theories out there are pretty wild, especially to someone like Blagsta who worships authority almost as much as he hates it. :p

By the way, have you seen "Why we fight?" I heard it was pretty good.
  • Options
    Considering that several simultaneous war games exercises modelled on the very same premise as the attacks themselves were underway at the same time, using well known remote guided systems, it's not far fetched in the slightest to conceive that the passenger aircraft were diverted elsewhere and shotdown by interceptors (over the ocean more than likely save for flight 93 which was shot down over Pennsylvania) who would have believed them to be part of the exercises. Meanwhile the drones could have then been guided by expert controllers into the intended targets.

Nothing out of keeping either with events of the day, available aerospace technology, or the logic of the attack and its intended repercussions whatsoever.

Certainly explains far better the aerial maneuvres which the alleged hijackers could in no way have made by sworn testimony of their instructors and other military aviation experts.

Also explains far more plausibly why the most protected strategic installation in the US, protected by numerous independent SAM missile batteries did not fire a single shot at the incoming craft (which given the maneuvres of flight 77 and the time of its path over Pentagon airspace, it most assuredly would have).
  • Options
    No ive not seen "why we fight" yet. intend to get around to it soon though.
  • Options
    You think it's more likely that the planes that left the airports were swapped for identical-looking remote control planes mid-air and crashed into the ocean, than it is that somebody pulled off a little bit of fancy flying?

Learning to fly a plane isn't as difficult as learning brain surgery or something, during the second world war thousands and thousands of men were taught to fly bombers in a relatively short time.