Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slowing cars down...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i was on my first date with my ex boyfriend and was wearing some really sexy high-heeled shoes with some knee/calf length trousers. i had a jacket on that came past my trousers so it would've looked like i wasn't wearing anything underneath. a car pipped at us..i bet they thought i was a prostitute. :yippe:
  • Options
    i was on my first date with my ex boyfriend and was wearing some really sexy high-heeled shoes with some knee/calf length trousers. i had a jacket on that came past my trousers so it would've looked like i wasn't wearing anything underneath. a car pipped at us..i bet they thought i was a prostitute. :yippe:
    I used to have that with my skirts before I got my short length jacket. It was horrible ;(.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Franki wrote:
    I hate it. I get guys beeping at me CONSTANTLY. Or shouting "nice arse". I hate it hate it hate it. Especially when I'm with male friends (I don't really expect it then, see, cause it happens less then), and people beep at me and so I think I know them, and look round, and that encourages them even more.

I don't like how people stare at me when I'm wearing skirts, either. It's like...they're LEGS, you've seen them before, GET OVER IT.

I was wearing a skirt the other day, with fishnets, and this guy walked past me (bear in mind this was at half 7 on a Friday night in the middle of January, so I was FREEZING) and said "nice skirt". I was pissed off as it was, and I just thought "if you like it so much, you can fucking wear it, and I'll put your trousers on".
    This might be one of those things where people choose A over B when choosing B over A makes much more sense, but I'll ask anyway: If you were freezing, why were you wearing a short skirt?
  • Options
    People crying because someone slows down and leers at them?

What the fuck!? :confused:
  • Options
    i just thought...you know on the film theres something about mary, and that woman magda has that awful pair of (fake) tits...you could put a pair of them on then when a guy pervs on you - life your top to reveal a pair of ageing wrinkly brown tits... :chin:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    People crying because someone slows down and leers at them?

What the fuck!? :confused:

I know...some people are just weird that way.

It's a different story when they get out and try and get you into the car, otherwise why would you give a fuck :confused:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

It's a different story when they get out and try and get you into the car, otherwise why would you give a fuck :confused:

I could say it's the feminist influence but I won't bother.

:D

The birds i know usually take it as a compliment, or at worst find it vaguely annoying.
  • Options
    Once a pissed-up rugby team was in a minibus in a traffic jam, with the door open. I walked past and the WHOLE TEAM were leering at me...oh the shame. :razz:

But another time I was walking home in the summer around 11 o clock, this sports car pulls up beside me and this spanish guy tried getting me to go out on the town with him "Because that's what people do in Spain". I started walking, he'd drive on a bit then stop when he reached me, about 3 times. I was pretty freaked but only about a min away from my house so it wasn't too bad...he drove off eventually though.
  • Options
    Naturally women have the right to wear whatever the hell they want - but if you dress attractively, men are going to notice. Some may be more obvious that others but if you don't like it....cover up! :D
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Someone slowing down and shouting obscenities is fucking scary.

Men who do it ARE scum.

A peep driving past at speed isn't anything bad, really. But it does show a certain deficiency in brain power.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Someone slowing down and shouting obscenities is fucking scary.

It is?

Now I am certain, some people are really weird :shocking:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    A peep driving past at speed isn't anything bad, really. But it does show a certain deficiency in brain power.

Rubbish.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Its a form of sexual abuse. End of.
  • Options
    Well surely it's scary, I doubt the woman would know if he plans to come out of the car and chase her or anything. But if shouting is all he does, or worse staring is all he does, although it's still not proper I don't see why anyone would cry. That, I think is weird.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    Well surely it's scary, I doubt the woman would know if he plans to come out of the car and chase her or anything. But if shouting is all he does, or worse staring is all he does, although it's still not proper I don't see why anyone would cry. That, I think is weird.

Maybe they've been raped or abused in the past?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Maybe they've been raped or abused in the past?
    Plausible, I guess.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It is?

Now I am certain, some people are really weird :shocking:

Yeah, well you wouldn't know.

Have you been dragged down an alleyway and raped at knifepoint?

Are women who have "really weird"? Eh?

Are rape victims weird for being frightened of leering men? Are they? Come on, answer the fucking question.

men who think its OK to shout things at women walking down the street are mentally deficient. Fact.
  • Options
    Victims of rape/sexual abuse are obviously the exception. That should go without even saying.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Its a form of sexual abuse. End of.

Oh don't be so dramatic.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Yeah, well you wouldn't know.

Have you been dragged down an alleyway and raped at knifepoint?

Are women who have "really weird"? Eh?

Are rape victims weird for being frightened of leering men? Are they? Come on, answer the fucking question.

men who think its OK to shout things at women walking down the street are mentally deficient. Fact.

No.

No.

No.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Victims of rape/sexual abuse are obviously the exception. That should go without even saying.

Well yes.

But do you know who's been attacked before shouting the obscenities? No.

So you could be shouting it at a woman who has a very real reason to be terrified of you. Which is disgusting. As you've just said.
  • Options
    Shouting obscenities is wrong, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with a beep or a compliment. If you can't handle that then really that's your problem.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Oh don't be so dramatic.

It is. Its an exercise of power over women. I don't know any women who "like it".
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

So what are you proposing? That before you shout out of a car, you ask the woma first if she's been raped?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    It is. Its an exercise of power over women. I don't know any women who "like it".

I certainly do.

And I have no problems when it's done to me either!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Shouting obscenities is wrong, but theres absolutely nothing wrong with a beep or a compliment. If you can't handle that then really that's your problem.

No, it really isn't.

It's an invasion of privacy, it can be very threatening, and no man has the right to do that.

Yeah, it sounds terribly boring, but hey. Why should a woman have to "deal with it" simply because some mental deficient is too fucking selfish to keep his tongue to himself?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

I disagree. To some men it might be a display of power, however I'm sure to most it's just a bit of unwise 'fun'. As Skive says, shouting obscenities is wrong, no argument there but whistling, shouting 'wahey!' and that sort of thing is hardly sexual abuse. Neanderthal behaviour possibly though.

It's true that some women see it as fun, again though, not *all*.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    This might be one of those things where people choose A over B when choosing B over A makes much more sense, but I'll ask anyway: If you were freezing, why were you wearing a short skirt?
    I was freezing because of the skirt tbh :p.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's a different story when they get out and try and get you into the car

This is my point. Why should anyone give a fuck what someone shouts out a window at them...nevermind cry about it.

I'm not comparing the two but I think I should mention this, recently I was attacked by a dog, had my trousers ripped off me, left me with several cuts on my leg requiring 7 stiches. When a dog barks at me now I just lift my chin up and walk on.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Why do you feel you have the right to comment on how complete strangers look?