Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gays in the Military!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    oh look, its mr shit stirring across multiple threads again. Grow up.
    you got fucking ulcers or something?
    the world you inhabit is one deeply depressing place.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    That's my back up - please let me know of your actual experience, rather than what you have read
    I had no problems in my time with the British Navy.

Please let me know of your actual experience of homosexuality causing breakdowns in unit cohesion, as part of a military force where gay servicemen are allowed to serve openly, rather than what you fear.
  • Options
    I had no problems in my time with the British Navy.

Please let me know of your actual experience of homosexuality causing breakdowns in unit cohesion, as part of a military force where gay servicemen are allowed to serve openly.

No breakdowns because they weren't allowed in.

But then I never said it would breakdown - I said it would damage it which is not the same thing. The British Army hasn't fallen apart because we allowed in gays, same as it didn't fall apart following various buggering about with the Regimental system to save money. Doesn't mean that either of these actions didn't do some damage or were positive.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    No breakdowns because they weren't allowed in.

But then I never said it would breakdown - I said it would damage it which is not the same thing. The British Army hasn't fallen apart because we allowed in gays, same as it didn't fall apart following various buggering about with the Regimental system to save money. Doesn't mean that either of these actions didn't do some damage or were positive.
    I used "breakdown" imprecisely.

But you are saying that you have no actual experience of a degradation in military efficiency as the result of gay men being allowed to serve openly.
  • Options
    There is a word for allowing gay, lesbian, bisexual in the military and that word is: EQUALITY. If people said Women couldn't be in the military or black people then there would be outrage! A persons sexuality doesn't necassarilly mean that they will be 'touching up' anyone as there are rules of order and conduct in the army / navy and air force as there is in general civilian life.

I am in favour of Gay people in the armed forces because a persons sexuality shouldn't stop them from serving their country at the end of the day whether the Lads / Girls like shagging each other or the same sex, as long as it's not too 'in your face gay' as a lot of civillian gay people are then it shouldn't matter if they are gay, straight, trangender or lesbian or bisexual.
  • Options
    Dude, this thread is 3 years old .. *sighs*
  • Options
    There was me thinking you were on a hormone rush again Teagan :eek:
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I agree with your ideals, but then I also have a reasonable grip on the real world.

Many straight men would not be happy living so intamately with gay men. Relationships in any job amongst any sex or sexuality get in the way of the job in hand. It's an added complication. Who want's added comlplications when lives are at stake?

if the problem is it may anger other homophobic soldiers then by all means we should remove every non-white from the army as they may anger the racists and get in the way of the objective. i some how doubt this would happen.

if the problem is homersexual relationships may cause soldiers to lose there concentration of the objective then you could ban relationships in the forces. it is a proffesion, in all profesions where collegues have relationships they are not allowed to act coupley on the job.

there is no good reason at all for gays or lesbians to be excluded from the army.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Dude, this thread is 3 years old .. *sighs*

woops missed that :blush:
This discussion has been closed.