Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

French riots

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    piss off
    :confused:
    why can't you explain why you disagree with him?
  • Options
    Because experience teaches me that racist twats like that aren't worth engaging with.
  • Options
    Googler wrote:
    I have a Belgian friend who I was speaking to tonight. He told me that the trouble has started there althogh not half as intense in Brussels. He told me his view of the situation and it wasnt any different to mine.

A racist who is friends with a racist.

What a surprise ...........

92% of those arrested are FRENCH - geddit?

:shocking:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Vive La France!

Sorry.
  • Options
    People need to overcome their petty prejudices and realise the only problem is people's environments.

Society prepares the crime - the criminal commits it.

'Nuff said :cool: .
  • Options
    The 92% arrested being from France does not mean their parents or their granparents are from France. They are from migrant backgrounds.
    I suppose the French government are "racist twats" also then..... Its everyons fault but the rioters, their the victims! What a load of shit.
  • Options
    The problem here is the economy. Frances economy is so sclerotic and crap at job creation, that these young people simply dont have anything to do.

Unemployment in these areas runs at almost 40%.

They must be lifted out of poverty through enterprise and work.

yup and what did the french government do, offer handouts, i think these people want to stop living off of handouts
  • Options
    Googler wrote:
    The 92% arrested being from France does not mean their parents or their granparents are from France. They are from migrant backgrounds.

100% of the population is migrant, as is 100% of the UK population.
    I suppose the French government are "racist twats" also then..... Its everyons fault but the rioters, their the victims! What a load of shit.

Actually racism is the largest aspect in play here, which is what the French are saying themselves.

That isn't to say that there is no fault on the rioters behalf, but if you treat enough people like shit, they will behave badly. Unemployment is running at 60%, but this is not the same in white communities, housing standards are appalling, but it's not the same in the white communities.

Really, your ignorance about the real reason behind the riots shines through.

You talk of welfare, these people shouldn't need to rely on welfare they have to because the racist attitudes prevent them from getting employment...
  • Options
    I was asking you.

I think its both - but the main reason these riots have happened is because the young muslims trapped in these areas have no access to jobs, training or a solid income.
  • Options
    Least now we know why the French didnt join the war in Iraq...why go all the way to the middle east to kill muslims when you can do it on your own doorstep!
    personnally i think the french are finally feeling the effects of there attitude to "single communityism" that they adopted, where there is no minority, only one people!
    Differences always divide us and its silly to think we are evolved to a point where they wont. we have always hated each other deep down and will always continue to do so, least Europes bullshit open door policy will get slammed shut now!
    GO HOLLAND eh?
  • Options
    yup and what did the french government do, offer handouts, i think these people want to stop living off of handouts

Lets stop their handouts then and tell the rioters that taxes will now be cut and we should have them some jobs in McDonalds by next year....
    100% of the population is migrant, as is 100% of the UK population

It doesnt really matter what way I describe these scum considering everyone here except you seams to know who Im talking about when I speak of the migrant communities. Maybe you dont read the news?
    Unemployment is running at 60%, but this is not the same in white communities, housing standards are appalling, but it's not the same in the white communities.

So its only migrants who are poor in France these days? As I said before it takes more than one generation to intergrate an unskilled group of people into mainstream French society and give them all managerial positions.
    what the French are saying themselves.

The only French calling this racism are the migrants and the left wingers.
    your ignorance

Your the one making ignorant remarks! You dont know me!
    I think its both - but the main reason these riots have happened is because the young muslims trapped in these areas have no access to jobs, training or a solid income.

The only problem is the fact that those out rioting are scum and the French economy is performing badly. How can you give people access to jobs and opportunities where there are none! A bit of liberalisation of the French economy would sort a few problems out. If they dont like France they are free to leave.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Least now we know why the French didnt join the war in Iraq...why go all the way to the middle east to kill muslims when you can do it on your own doorstep!
    personnally i think the french are finally feeling the effects of there attitude to "single communityism" that they adopted, where there is no minority, only one people!
    Differences always divide us and its silly to think we are evolved to a point where they wont. we have always hated each other deep down and will always continue to do so, least Europes bullshit open door policy will get slammed shut now!
    GO HOLLAND eh?

What 'open door policy' is this? The EU does not exactly make it easy for outsiders to come in does it?
  • Options
    piss off Googler
  • Options
    Googler wrote:
    It doesnt really matter what way I describe these scum considering everyone here except you seams to know who Im talking about when I speak of the migrant communities.

I know what you think you mean. As I said, the entire French popluation is of migrant descent.

What you miss is that the communities where these riots started, were born if you like, are more like ghettos. The communities where they were conceived aren't. The main difference? The colour of skin tone.
    Maybe you dont read the news?

Maybe I don't just rely on racist press...
    So its only migrants who are poor in France these days?

No, but white christians have hope, their skin tone/religion is not an additional barrier to employment...
    As I said before it takes more than one generation to intergrate an unskilled group of people into mainstream French society and give them all managerial positions.

I think the point is that the French Govt don't want integration, they want assimilation. They want people to "become French".
    The only French calling this racism are the migrants and the left wingers.

Mais non, mon ami. It's Le Monde for a start...
    Your the one making ignorant remarks! You dont know me!

Ah the last bastion of the "cannot defend my view" brigade. No I don't know you, and I'm glad about that. But I've seen many of the comments you have made here in other places, as part of other thread and TBH your racist standpoint shines through. Racism is mainly based on ignorance and thus, I believe you to be ignorant...
    The only problem is the fact that those out rioting are scum and the French economy is performing badly.

Those rioting are fools IMHO, they are attacking their own areas and burning their neighbours cars...
    How can you give people access to jobs and opportunities where there are none!

There are none? Perhaps you need to look at the unemployment rates and the difference between the levels in white communities and these ghettos. Unless you believe that unemployment across the country runs between 40-60%...
    If they dont like France they are free to leave.

Well I figured that this comment would come out eventually. If people don't like what the rioters are doing, they can leave too.

The rioters are French, 92% of those arrested are French, why should they leave their own country just because it's racist.

NB 25% of a recent poll thought that Le Pen's facist party would sort this mess out. Not that France has a racism problem of course... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Googler wrote:
    If they dont like France they are free to leave.

And go where exactly?
  • Options
    Britain :D
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Britain :D

Perhaps we could offer them asylum.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Free Rioters? Ace! I'll take 20.
  • Options
    Well actually Aladdin i think the EU does make it easy to enter the conintent. there are after all certain countries along the mediteranian and along the eastern european line that have barely any boarder control at all, and once inside the EU most countries are in a collective of free movement where passport control is non-existent. most of the immigrants that have been dumped into squaler and crappy estates in France that are part of these riots are east-european muslims from the Balkans which is how they moved so easily into France.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    most of the immigrants that have been dumped into squaler and crappy estates in France that are part of these riots are east-european muslims from the Balkans which is how they moved so easily into France.

Most immigrants to France are from North Africa, Algeria mainly, because for some reason they speak French there.
  • Options
    Algeria is a French ex colony.
  • Options
    Algeria is a French ex colony.

I know that, I was being sarcastic, which never really works on a message board.
  • Options
    yes, but not the ones living in the paris slums, the Algerian immigrants i thought were southern France based...unless i have been very much mistaken but the news reports, actually they are probably all bullshit anyone, fucking Channel 4 news!
  • Options
    googler wrote:
    These people have come to Europe to find a better life
    googler wrote:
    if they are not satisfied with the life they have in Europe then they can choose to go back to their own countries
    Googler wrote:

Oh, so they haven't come to France to find a better life, and their "own country" is France .........

Right?

:love:
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Well actually Aladdin i think the EU does make it easy to enter the conintent. there are after all certain countries along the mediteranian and along the eastern european line that have barely any boarder control at all, and once inside the EU most countries are in a collective of free movement where passport control is non-existent. most of the immigrants that have been dumped into squaler and crappy estates in France that are part of these riots are east-european muslims from the Balkans which is how they moved so easily into France.
    You mean like the Italians, who under orders from Berlusconi fire live rounds at would-be immigrants, or the Spanish who erect ever higher and more vicious barbed fences in Melilla (and the Moroccans on the other side of the fence, who actually shoot them dead)?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I know that, I was being sarcastic, which never really works on a message board.
    ya gotta use one of these :rolleyes: otherwise it can be hard to tell.
  • Options
    Oh, so they haven't come to France to find a better life, and their "own country" is France .........

Right?

:love:
    hahahaha, pimp slap! :thumb:
  • Options
    ya gotta use one of these :rolleyes: otherwise it can be hard to tell.
    I think an ironic :yes: is better for sarcasm.
  • Options
    I hope when the going gets tough for all the migrant communities where you lot come from they go out and destroy your country.

Again Im gonna look to the point that these people who are unemployed have no skills to offer the society. You will not find the hundreds of thousands of qualified migrant medical staff unemployed, living in ghettos in France. A total lack of skills coupled with a high rate of unemployment nationally has left the poorest in society in the shitter, just so happens they are all from migrant backgrounds. If all these migrant communities had skills and qualifications then they would be living in better conditions and be employed.

It is a joke the way that people automatically associate an imbalance in society as some form of discrimination. If the French society is so racist why are so many players from the football team from migrant backgrounds? Many of them have come from these "ghettos" and suceeded in life.

People are so ungreatful of the things they accutually have. These people are living in relative luxury to so many people in the world and they are so ungreatful for it.
    The rioters are French, 92% of those arrested are French

Their parents or grandparents emmigrated to France, most of them wouldnt want to be called French as you pointed out
    I think the point is that the French Govt don't want integration, they want assimilation. They want people to "become French".
    And go where exactly?

And if these people dont want to become French they should go to the nation they want to be a part of wherever that may be!
    25% of a recent poll thought that Le Pen's facist party would sort this mess out. Not that France has a racism problem of course

Im not bloody well surprised given the violent scumbag behaviour of these migrant communities. They are shit stirring with the French public who wont tollerate it.