Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mother 'confident' of abortion confidentiality rule change

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    What a sinister woman.

It's her daughters I feel sorry for. They obviously cannot trust her.
  • Options
    everyone should be allowed some privacy in life. i bet her poor kids have to ask her to go to the toilet. If it's your own body and you are capable of making a decision, and the doctors can obviously see thta you are too young to bring up a child then why should your parents have to know. it's their choice whether they say or not.

you are very right in saying she is misguided
  • Options
    it never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to. Maybe she should concentrate her efforts on building up a trusting relationship with her daughters so they feel able to confide in her, rather than fighting to introduce a law which means they will be forced to tell her, regardless of whether they want to or not.
  • Options
    If you bothered to read the article you would see her intentions are honourable. When you have emotionally suffered for 10 years because you coldly destroyed an unborn child’s life, then you may call this woman sinister. I think the cunts, the dogs, the filth who have adulterated women like her with their New Values have a lot to answer for.
  • Options
    If you bothered to read the article you would see her intentions are honourable. When you have emotionally suffered for 10 years because you coldly destroyed an unborn child’s life, then you may call this woman sinister. I think the cunts, the dogs, the filth who have adulterated women like her with their New Values have a lot to answer for.

She's barking up the wrong tree. The problem isn't sexual activity as she's making out, it's young girls having sex without taking necessary precautions and disregarding the consequences.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    She's barking up the wrong tree. The problem isn't sexual activity as she's making out, it's young girls having sex without taking necessary precautions and disregarding the consequences.
    EXACTLY!
  • Options
    I don't think women ever justify sexual activity on the basis of being able to have an abortion should they fall pregnant.

This woman has obviously let her feelings about her own abortion cloud her judgement, but the story does demonstrate that there should be a legal requirement to provide adequate pre- and post-abortion counselling to all women seeking one.
  • Options
    same old story, some overzealous individual jumps up and screams "WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDEREN!"
  • Options
    If you bothered to read the article you would see her intentions are honourable.

Since when has control been honourable?
    When you have emotionally suffered for 10 years because you coldly destroyed an unborn child’s life

What makes you say she acted "coldly"?
    I think the cunts, the dogs, the filth who have adulterated women like her with their New Values have a lot to answer for.

Huh?
  • Options
    Lets see if Slippy will break the habit of a lifetime and actually answer a direct question.
    If you bothered to read the article you would see her intentions are honourable.

Why?
    coldly destroyed an unborn child’s life

How do you know?
    then you may call this woman sinister.

Thank you.
    I think the cunts, the dogs, the filth who have adulterated women like her with their New Values have a lot to answer for.

Nice use of the word cunt, I must admit.

What are you on about?
  • Options
    Funnily enough, the majority of under 18s and sometimes under 16s who come to us, come with a parent or a family member such as an aunt. One girl once came with her grandmother.

The young women who don't come with their parents are normally the children of pro-life parents, or the ones who have never really been able to open up to them for whatever reasons, normally very difficult circumstances. I know if that Axon woman was my mother, I wouldn't tell her.

Funny how they're asking for parental notification for abortion, but nothing regarding continuing a pregnancy and giving birth... :chin:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Nice use of the word cunt, I must admit.

What are you on about?

I like the ring to that little bit :D

I believe he's making out that modern approach to sex - teaching safety, handing out rubbers etc - is wrong, and we should revert back to promoting abstinence.

Which, of course, is bullshit in the extreme.
  • Options
    I believe he's making out that modern approach to sex - teaching safety, handing out rubbers etc - is wrong, and we should revert back to promoting abstinence.

Well, we all know how well abstinence-only education works ;)

Don't worry your pretty little head Born Slippy. One day, the majority of the world will be sterile thanks to the evils of the pill hormones in water etc. Birth rates will be at an all time low, and people will be defined by their reproductive capabilities - those who can't are Unwomen, and will be sent promptly to the Colonies! Those who can will birth for those who can't. Just to clarify who's who, they'll wear red, top to toe. I'm sure you've got a good Eye for that sort of thing. People like me will be hung on a Wall :D
  • Options
    WIll there be Handmaidens in this Utopia, Ms Go Away?
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    WIll there be Handmaidens in this Utopia, Ms Go Away?

How do you know this Mr MOK? You must be consorting with them!! :nervous:

:D
  • Options
    Which part of Govt service has access to medicines? ;)

Shhh, I've said enough.... :D
  • Options
    I'll trade secrets with you in exchange for a picture of me in my PVC dress ;)

Don't let Born Slippy see this. He'll spontaneously combust and go and tell the Daily Mail on me :crying:
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    *ears pricked*
  • Options
    go_away wrote:

:hyper:

Will you marry me?
  • Options
    I'm afraid I'm already betrothed to the TV :(

Kentish - tis for the Torture Garden ball. Come! [to the ball :p ]
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I'm afraid I'm already betrothed to the TV :(

You have a thing for cross-dressers? You never said...

Can you imagine what the press would make of that? Drunken doctors in torture themed orgy...
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I'm curious. I like the garden part, not so sure about the torture bit...
  • Options
    Drunken doctors in torture themed orgy...

Huh? Just another day at the office. Kentish will back me up on that :D
  • Options
    Sounds like an average theatre list for some surgeons.
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Just another day at the office.

I obviously work in the wrong office :(

That said, any place where NHS staff are letting their hair down is usually the scene of some seriously untoward groping, unnecessary nudity and excessive drinking...

:heart: :nervous:
  • Options
    God bless the NHS :D

Back to the original article, that picture doesn't really put the lady in question in her best light... ;) So does the judicial review start tomorrow? Bless, brings all those beloved memories of Joanna Jepson back. And look how far she got!
  • Options
    A friend of mine had a girl at the College he works at come forward and say that she was pregnant, basically she didnt know what to do because her family were Iranian and wouldn't take it well.

In most cases this privicy really isnt an issue because the kid tells the parent anyway, but in the bad cases it is an issue of child protection.
  • Options
    still i dont think anyone here would want their teenage girl getting pregnant, and having an abortion without their knowledge?
    my mum told me if i got pregnant any time before i was 20 let alone 16 then she wouldn't be happy with me.
    the sad thing is, alot of teens out there arent ready to face the consequences
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    still i dont think anyone here would want their teenage girl getting pregnant, and having an abortion without their knowledge?
    my mum told me if i got pregnant any time before i was 20 let alone 16 then she wouldn't be happy with me.

Yes, but there is a difference between your Mum being upset and a pregnant teenager being kicked out of the family home onto the street, or worse.