Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Young Singers Spread Racist Hate

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Oh, I can't believe I only just saw this. Fuck off racist wankstain.

The Spanish have an extremely large amount of racists though, like most European countries have.

Whilst you don't agree the Spanish are racist, I would expect that most of Morrocco, the moderator Mazza, the black English footballers and Samuel Eto'o would disagree. As would Thierry Henry and Jose Reyes.
  • Options
    sing a song of sixpence
    white clothing on the line
    the silly girls just washed it
    because of the black grime

stupid manic and crazy fools
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The Spanish have an extremely large amount of racists though, like most European countries have.

Whilst you don't agree the Spanish are racist, I would expect that most of Morrocco, the moderator Mazza, the black English footballers and Samuel Eto'o would disagree. As would Thierry Henry and Jose Reyes.
    And while you might not agree that the British are just are just as racist, millions of blacks, Asians, muslims and entire towns and cities that have experienced race riots would beg to disagree.

It's perhaps all too easy to see fault in others before your own. I might well suffer from it myself. But I wouldn't be the only one.

All I'm saying is that all who claim Spain has a significantly bigger problem of racism than Britain should take another look at home.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    And while you might not agree that the British are just are just as racist, millions of blacks, Asians, muslims and entire towns and cities that have experienced race riots would beg to disagree.

Well, then they'd be hypocrites, seeing as they bloody start them.

But I won't start on that.

I think what happened with the Reyes incident sums up the two countries, and I don't think you can deny it. Hoddle was sacked for being offensive about disabled people, whereas the Spanish coach can call Henry some quite vile names and not even get a slap on the wrist.

It isn't that there is racism, it is how it is treated. If huge sections of a British football crowd started throwing bananas now, that stadium would be closed down. The same cannot be said in Spain, or any other European nation with the exception of Germany.

Britain isn't a wonderful shiny fluffy country, but it is trying to be. Spain cannot say the same, IMHO.
  • Options
    What happened in the football was a digrace, but is certainly not reflective of society at large.
  • Options
    Racial Hatred Bill defeated in Lords

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/25102005/325/govt-defeated-racial-hatred-law.html

Thank God for the house of Lords and their power and will to veto New Labour's sinister legislation.
  • Options
    Shit sorry! Meant to post a new thread...Not sure how that happened!