Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

George Galloway

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this is a bit irrelevant at the moment but I was wonderin what you guys think abuot the great man. Do I remain pretty much his only fan?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, you are just about his only fan.

He's a twat fo the highest magnitude, which makes it even more galling that he's the only one who is prepared to shout about the war.

I'd rather he'd won bethnal Green than the Blairite cunt that lost it though.
  • Options
    There are many things I disagree with him about, and sometimes he does come up as a bit of an arsehole, but I respect his anti-war stance and his 'performance' during that US Congress grilling was the single funniest thing I've ever seen in my entire life :thumb: :D
  • Options
    I believe there are a two others - unfortunately neither Saddam or Tariq are likely to be able to get to see him in the near future.
  • Options
    I certainly respected his much needed stinging rebuke to the Senate Subcommittee and especially to the far bigger sleaze, Ron Coleman. Beyond that, I don't follow his daily activities or positions as an MP sufficiently to assess his merits or demerits.

He's got more balls than the entire US Congress combined, that much I can confidently say.
  • Options
    He's a Stalinist piece of shit with no problems cosying up to bigoted religous fundamentalists to further his own political ambition. Nasty little man.
  • Options
    He's doing a talk at Exeter Uni tomorrow afternoon.

Somehow i have a hunch i dont want to go...
  • Options
    The only thing George Galloway cares about is George Galloway, I'm somewhat disturbed when he starts taking the moral high ground.

The self-styled "voice of the dispossessed" in the US Senate stands in sharp contrast to his "Sir, I salute your indefatigability..." to the mass-murderer dictator Saddam Hussein.
  • Options
    He's a complete monster, when he went to visit sadam who is a vicious and evil murderer, he said he was doing a good job and wished him luck, he should be locked up and thrown away the key.

p.s the great man? is that a joke? I wouldnt like to meet you in a dark alley...
  • Options
    George Galloway is one of the most vile and unpleasant political figures of our age. This is the man who told British soldiers to ignore orders during the Iraq war. Whilst the legality of that adventure was certainly doubtful, his intervention was unhelpful and possibly threatened the lives of the troops out there. It was an amazing statement coming from a man who is not fit to lick the boots of British soldiers.

This is also the man whom, a few hours after the London Underground had seen the biggest terrorist attack in its history, was talking about how Britain had only itself to blame. A man who spoke not considering the many who died on that day. Why the man is still in Parliament, I cannot understand. He is a truly despicable person.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Genuine Nut. Might get on well with dear old Saddam... should go to his trial with him as a defendant. ;p

Hmm, he HAS said a few sensible things though, like any nutcase, he often makes supprisingly sane observations no-one else notices. Ho hum.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hmm, he HAS said a few sensible things though, like any nutcase, he often makes supprisingly sane observations no-one else notices. Ho hum.
    Like what?

He probably should be Saddam Hussein's lawyer.
  • Options
    He probably should be Saddam Hussein's lawyer

Actually Star, another Brit is pegged for that role...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1592109,00.html
  • Options
    I always feel nutcase is too harsh for Galloway, he seems far too deliberate in his actions - and his ability to pick out the causes that will benefit him the most. I'm tempted to approach his PA and see if he will be willing to involve himself in discussion here.
  • Options
    Fair enough. I think even Saddam deserves a fair trial and the best legal defence he can get.
  • Options
    Absolutely, justice can only be done for anyone if the strongest defence has been presented for them. Especially in a case like this where an assumption of a kangeroo court will be made by many.
  • Options
    Galloway's a prick.

His party says "Stop the War in Iraq", yet at the same time they defend the killing of millions of unborn babies every year.

What a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Sorry, just to be clear, you mean he he supports the rights of women to have an abortion - in the same way as Tony Blair, George Bush, Micheal Howard and every major politican does?

Or are you suggestion that in order to oppose a war he should also demand the forced full term pregnancy of all women who may have made a mistake?
  • Options
    and if you are claiming that millions of abortions have taken place I'd like to see some statistical evidence for that - I think the numbers of abortions are far below the amount you're claiming...
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Sorry, just to be clear, you mean he he supports the rights of women to have an abortion - in the same way as Tony Blair, George Bush, Micheal Howard and every major politican does?

Or are you suggestion that in order to oppose a war he should also demand the forced full term pregnancy of all women who may have made a mistake?

I think Galloway is quite strongly against abortion.
  • Options
    What do you like most about Galloway Jim, his friendlyness with Hussaine?

I must admit I admire him too. Ousting Oona King like that was better then a Tory victory.
  • Options
    God, i hate Gollaway for his support of a vile dictator, his speech to support Hussain when his human rights abuse's were clear was appaling and indefensabile, what offends me is the suggestion that by supporting abortion he is in some way responsible for the killing of millions of children - it's a horrible view that links an anti-war viewpoint with a fictional number of dead children and condems women in the same way as the very worst of forced islamic miliantaism and sexism does.

Gollaways speech to Hussain where he said that he was a powerful heroic leader was one of the worst things I ever saw, and the shocked, horrofied silence it was followed by on a show like Have I Got News For You only shows that most people felt the same way.

However I don't believe he's a criminal and I don't believe, as Enterprise does, that his views on abortion differ in any significant way on abortion from any political leader in power in the western world right now, thank god.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    and if you are claiming that millions of abortions have taken place I'd like to see some statistical evidence for that - I think the numbers of abortions are far below the amount you're claiming...

Well, according to the major pro-life groups at the moment, it's about 6 million in this country since 1967. They like to use that figure a lot, helps them to compare pro-choicers with Nazis.
  • Options
    NDC777 wrote:
    Galloway's a prick.

His party says "Stop the War in Iraq", yet at the same time they defend the killing of millions of unborn babies every year.

What a hypocrite.

:confused::confused::confused:

Anyway, Galloway is actually anti-abortion - another reason to dislike him.
  • Options
    That’s not very politically correct is it Blagsta? There is not a Muslim in the country who is pro abortion. Don't like them either?
  • Options
    That’s not very politically correct is it Blagsta? There is not a Muslim in the country who is pro abortion. Don't like them either?

Are you on crack? You're making less sense than usual. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    There is not a Muslim in the country who is pro abortion.

Can we have either a source, or confirmation that you have personally interviewed every muslim in the country on this question please?

Next thing you'll be telling us that all muslims think exactly the same thing on every issue..........
  • Options
    There is not a Muslim in the country who is pro abortion

I'll remember that the next time I see the Muslim women come to the clinic.

:eek2: x infinity
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    Well, according to the major pro-life groups at the moment, it's about 6 million in this country since 1967. They like to use that figure a lot, helps them to compare pro-choicers with Nazis.
    What is the actual figure?
  • Options
    Not sure. I've tried looking online, but the earliest available sources come from SPUC, Catholic Online etc. If, since 1967 there have been exactly 180,000 then the figure comes to just under 7 million.
  • Options
    So the "pro-life groups" are right?