Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life's not worth living is it?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey *email address removed by mod - best to use PM function to get in contact*
    add ma an il talk to u babe
    life is worth livin i swear
  • Options
    NOBODY SHOULD EVER SPEAK LIKE THAT! I gt sick of getting my heart broken in love, having a dead end job etc so i searched for something i could make myself proud of and something i enjoyed, so now i am trainning to be a paramedic so i can go out helping others too . Love will come to me wen its ment to, not when i want it too!
  • Options
    I know nothing about feeling so so low like this but I know that alot of people immerse themselves in a hobby-now you say you do pc drawing and and animations. Have you thought about setting a website up then? OR immerse yourself on the world of ebay and sell the crap that you have amassed during your life-I refuse to believe you can say you have nothing worth selling as if people can sell jars of air well I'm sure you can find something in your room!

Ok not sure if you are old enough (18) but that never stopped my bro (tut tut!) so I guess if you don't want to do that try another sort of hobby. Do you read? I know this sounds really sad but when I am down (not in the same league as you obv) I read in the bath, music on. Read anything books about funny stuff, serious thought provoking books, trashy magazines. Relaxes me.

Don't give up-what if you become someone in the animation world who creates the next big thing like pixar did?

Most importantly use this place-even if you don't listen to the advice and need to make more threads we will be here for you honest! Need a chat with someone who doesn't know the in's and outs of depression so therefore a bit of a numpty to chat about crap with, pm me.
  • Options
    I understand your situation and how lonely you feel, but it's true that you need to make some moves for yourself rather than wallowing in your sadness.

Yes, it's hard. Yes, it means that you are stepping into the unknown. And yes, you might end up not meetiong any friends.

But that's looking at the glass half empty.

Consider it half full... do something constructive off your own back and it'll raise your self esteem, improve your communication skills (whether you end up with best mates at the end of it or not), and you'll feel proud of yourself for getting up and doing something.

None of use can tell you WHAT to do - that's the hard bit that you've got to work out. Try lots of things... one might just strike a chord and make you feel more happy and satisfied. The alternative? Continue as you are.

One thing I think you should do right now is take a look at our sister website www.do-it.org.uk - it's all about volunteering and lists thousands of opportunities. Stick your postcode in and see what comes up near you - it might provide some inspiration.

Finally, you seem to be focusing a lot on female companionship. Why not try and find some male friends - it's likely that loads of guys out there will share your interest in computer/animation.
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    When you have no friends, no girls who like you, people who are constantly horrible to you no matter what nice things you do for them. Things constantly breaking, your car getting smashed into and nothing ever going right. I feel like im cursed and i want to die, cos all i have is a hugely broken heart where everyone who has ever said they loved me was lying, no one to talk to or who even cares if im alive or dead and no happyness at all.
    I feel like that from time to time. Other people tell me to think more positively. Of course, their definition of positive tends to be rose-tinted and naive. "You can do anything if you want to" - what a load of rubbish. No one can do everything. Yet, I seem to manage somehow. The attitude I have these days is "well, I don't know if I can do this, but I'll try it anyway". My advice to you would be try to get on with it. I don't know about your personal circumstances, but are you working? If not, that'd be a good first step, as I found it to be.
    spanner wrote:
    I understand your situation and how lonely you feel, but it's true that you need to make some moves for yourself rather than wallowing in your sadness.
    Didn't you say something similar to me this time one year ago? Yep... and I'm glad. :)
  • Options
    You really need to listen to these people.

Franki is right, it is very hard to try and help someone who is not prepared to help themselves, and you run the risk of them giving up.

Your hobby sounds like one lots of people would be interested in. If there are no groups you could join for this, why not try and create your own?

Please look into talking to a professional, even if it's just a phone call to the samaritans, rather than full weekly sessions of counselling.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Didn't you say something similar to me this time one year ago?

Yes, and you're a really good example of someone who has made that effort to help themselves. Your first posts were very similar to this thread and now here you are offering good advice to others. Maybe NeoNero should look at some of your first posts to see what a change a year can make :)
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    Yes, and you're a really good example of someone who has made that effort to help themselves. Your first posts were very similar to this thread and now here you are offering good advice to others. Maybe NeoNero should look at some of your first posts to see what a change a year can make :)
    You made me blush, Spanner! :blush:
    If NeoNero took that advice literally, he'd have to go to THREE site meets in the next year, though! :p Not a bad thing though, really - it got me out of my shell. Granted, London was a long way to go but I don't regret it. Infact, I'm going back next month. :D
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You made me blush, Spanner! :blush:
    If NeoNero took that advice literally, he'd have to go to THREE site meets in the next year, though! :p Not a bad thing though, really - it got me out of my shell. Granted, London was a long way to go but I don't regret it. Infact, I'm going back next month. :D

Ooo, that's a good idea, try going to a thesite meet, NeoNero :yes:
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Ooo, that's a good idea, try going to a thesite meet, NeoNero :yes:
    I find them addictive now! And NeoNero, should you ever go to a meet, I'll pay for a few drinks for you. :)
  • Options
    I dont drink but thank you for the offer. I was gona go to the last london one but sorta felt i duno, not unwanted but that i wouldnt fit in. Cos everyone was meeting everyone else at certain places and times and knew who everyone was, while i didnt know anyone and i was just told to find everyone else at a certain place or just go to the place you was all gona go to.

In the end i decided to stay at home.

And i have tried to do stuff, today i asked my boss if i could work from home a few days a week so that i could then live somewhere else during them days and make new friends and have a new life. It ended up with him saying he doesnt think it'd be a good idea cos he'd need me in the office every day and that if that happened he'd probably have to replace me. I then got really upset and then he started asking why i wana move so i said its cos i wanted friends and thats just made things worst and now im crying my eyes out cos nothing goes right for me even when i do try to change things :'(
  • Options
    at least you tried though and I think thats a really good thing you actually tried something. Just because perhaps it didn't work, maybe your boss may find another alternative? Don't give up just because your first attempt to try to help yourself didn't work. You should be proud of yourself for trying. Sorry if that sounds patronizing. I mean it honestly.
  • Options
    the other alternatives he discussed are me just going to bham every single night and coming back at like 5am or something or hiring someone else in my place. :(

My head really hurts.

I text someone saying can they please call me as im really sad and its really important. They text back saying 'I thought you said it was important'. No one cares, nothing goes right for me, maybe im not meant to be happy, maybe im just cursed :'(
  • Options
    Yep, absolutely, Jowolvo is right :yes:

Kepp trying :)

Getting to a meet would be good for you, I think :)
  • Options
    Well when you think of al the hundreds of people who have died in accidents and from deseases?? i think you need to realise how lucky you are to have the chance to start over!! why not do that?? and have a complete fresh start?? i know some of my friends who have died who do absolutley anything to be alive right now!!
  • Options
    Right, you really need to start listening to the advice given here. The changes need to come from within you, if you don't want to help yourself, nothing anyone else can do or say is going to change your life.

To reiterate, the things I think you could try are getting to a thesite meet, and talking to someone professionally qualified to deal with depression. I think you also need to keep trying for that new job. The job market is tough, there are many rejections, but you need to not take the rejections personally. How about going back to college/university? Or just an evening class set up by your local council? I'm not sure where you live, but Birmingham has many many adult education classes at many different venues. Even if this doesn't help you to make friends, it will give you something else to focus on and work to achieve.

Keep going, good luck :)
  • Options
    I've tried, im trying but all i get is someone saying 'no' to anything and everything. I apply for jobs and dont even get emails back saying 'sorry not suitable'. I ask to work from home and just get told no.

I asked someone to call me cos im v.sad and its important. their reply was 'i thought you said it was important.

I told someone else on msn just now what happened and that i want to die and they replied 'just die then' so i said thanks for being my friend and for being there for me and i blocked them and then they text me saying 'just kill yourself, i have no patience for you, get a life or lose it'

You probably all think im making it up, i only wish i was :'( how can i be happy when people are so horrible to me. maybe they are right, im not important and should die. :'(
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    I've tried, im trying but all i get is someone saying 'no' to anything and everything. I apply for jobs and dont even get emails back saying 'sorry not suitable'. I ask to work from home and just get told no.

I asked someone to call me cos im v.sad and its important. their reply was 'i thought you said it was important.

I told someone else on msn just now what happened and that i want to die and they replied 'just die then' so i said thanks for being my friend and for being there for me and i blocked them and then they text me saying 'just kill yourself, i have no patience for you, get a life or lose it'

You probably all think im making it up, i only wish i was :'( how can i be happy when people are so horrible to me. maybe they are right, im not important and should die. :'(

Working from home, though seems a good idea, would break down your social interactions hugely...and that wouldn't be benificial.

People here are full of a lot of good advice, they are wise. We've spoken and I'm limited as to what I can say now, as I've said everything.

I don't block you. I sometimes leave the computer running but just cause I'm not there doesn't mean an email from you wouldn't get my full attention. From the perspective of your friend, it's hard hearing you so sad. How you find girls all the same as, being one, I can't win with any retalliation because "you would say that" or "yeah but girls are different round here".

I hate hearing it when you say you want to die, or you're going to kill yourself that night because I'm helpless, and I can only recommend how to help yourself. I want to help you but it's hard when you won't help yourself, and you threaten me/your friends/people you know with suicide threats and the such. It's frightening and I fear for you sometimes. :(

Please, just listen to what people say...do things that people suggest - I'm hopefully coming to the meet, and I'll natter away to you no end :)
  • Options
    Working from home, though seems a good idea, would break down your social interactions hugely...and that wouldn't be benificial.

People here are full of a lot of good advice, they are wise. We've spoken and I'm limited as to what I can say now, as I've said everything.

I don't block you. I sometimes leave the computer running but just cause I'm not there doesn't mean an email from you wouldn't get my full attention. From the perspective of your friend, it's hard hearing you so sad. How you find girls all the same as, being one, I can't win with any retalliation because "you would say that" or "yeah but girls are different round here".

I hate hearing it when you say you want to die, or you're going to kill yourself that night because I'm helpless, and I can only recommend how to help yourself. I want to help you but it's hard when you won't help yourself, and you threaten me/your friends/people you know with suicide threats and the such. It's frightening and I fear for you sometimes. :(

Please, just listen to what people say...do things that people suggest - I'm hopefully coming to the meet, and I'll natter away to you no end :)

I also talk to you outside of this site, and Malteser is completely right, it could be me saying all this too. Please listen to the advice here.
  • Options
    So doofus, are you going to listen to others' advice?

Or wallow in self-pity?

If I were you, I'd ignore these people who are horrible to you. Or beat them down. It's the way of the fist. :yes:
  • Options
    Kate1 wrote:
    Franki is right.
    I like you :D.

NeoNero - come to the next meet. I know you were wanting to come to the last one, and backed out, but I think you should come. The people that go are really friendly. Sg went to the January one despite everyone hating him back then, so I really think you should give it a go. Nobody's gonna think you're weird when stargalaxy's there ;p. And sg is a good example of how things can change if you just think more positively. Come to the meet, talk to people. We're nice, honest.

There are so many examples on here of people who have managed to turn their lives around from depression. Maybe not completely, but nearly. Stargalaxy, littlemissy, Kermit, me even. Not two weeks ago I was wallowing in my own self pity, now I'm happier than I've been in ages cause I started thinking "fuck this, I don't wanna feel like this anymore" and it worked, and I'm more motivated, I have a wonderful boyfriend, and I'm actually getting on with my life. It may have something to do with the AD's, but not totally.

If you want to talk, PM me, PM sg, PM anyone. Everyone on this site (apart from a certain troll named monotwat) will be happy to help you.
  • Options
    Everyone on this site (apart from a certain troll named monotwat) will be happy to help you.

subtle :p
  • Options
    SupaStar wrote:
    subtle :p
    Very subtle.
  • Options
    NeoNero do you try to have normal conversations with people or do you always bonbard them with how depressed you feel etc? (That wasn't taking the piss by the way it is meant as a genuine question). I know that we used to talk on Msn and that we dont anymore. The reason we dont talk anymore is not because I dont like you or am sick of helping you its just that you never wanted to talk about anything but how awful your life is. Like the other have said you need to start thinking about other things than what is bad in life. People will not want to be your friend if you only want to talk about yourself and your awful life. Anyone can make friends you just need to get out there and find someone you have things in common with. Maybe start a new hobby or do some kind of course you are interested in? That way everyone there will be starting new and on their own so could make friends quite easily. I think a good thing would be to maybe volunteer somewhere where people are less fortunate than yourself, will give you a sense or selfworth and maybe put your life in a bit of perspective.
  • Options
    Sorry, i dont even remember what ur msn is. I deleted everyone off it recently cos 89% didnt use it/chat to me on it anymore. Its only msn i tell people how i feel. Cos i dont know them so its okay, i dont tell people at work how i feel or anyone ive actually met, apart from one or two 'friends' not that they talk to me anymore. And thats why i dont tell people, cos they stop being my friend, just like how u stopped talking to me. So i only say what i say on msn cos if u stop talking to me, it doesnt matter cos theres no friendship there anyways. Cos i dont know u and u dont know me.

So in short, no i just tell people how i feel on msn and never in public. And only reason i talk about sad stuff is nothing good happens to me. Like today first time in ages someone has txt me and it was my ex telling me NOT to buy her and xmas present and all sorts of other stuff i dont wana go into cos it'd be wrong and she reads here too i think. Every day something bad happens, never anything good. :(

And id like to go to the meet but i dont know anyone, and wouldnt know where to meet people or who im looking for and would have nothing to say there anyways so no one will chat to me and you'll think im werid cos all i'll do is listen to everyone else and not say a word and i dont drink anyways. I just want someone to go with me really, but who'd honestly wana do that. Thats why i didnt go last time too :(
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    Every day something bad happens, never anything good. :(

bullshit.

if someone smiles at you, if a song you like comes on the radio, if you eat something yummy, if you get a nice reply on thesite, if the sun comes out, if you buy something new, if you win solitaire, if there's a happy story in the paper, then something good happens.

you can't tell me none of those things ever happen, because quite frankly i don't believe you. it doesn't have to be a miracle to be something good.
  • Options
    No one smiles in me at the street. They all look away or give me horrible looks. Ive been spat at a number of times just because of the clothes i wear and the way i look.

A reply here doesnt make me happy as such, when i say good things, i mean really good things, maybe someone texting me to invite me out or someone asking how i am or i duno, just something nice happening to me thats unexpected. Instead its just stuff that makes me cry.
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    No one smiles in me at the street. They all look away or give me horrible looks

That's life, no one smiles at me when I walk down the street. Do you smile at them?
  • Options
    From the perspective of your friend, it's hard hearing you so sad. How you find girls all the same as, being one, I can't win with any retalliation because "you would say that" or "yeah but girls are different round here".

I feel exactly the same, I have NeoNero on my list too and I try to talk to him, but he has threatened to kill himself and every suggestion I have given in ways that might help him are completely thrown aside with an excuse as to why it will never work. NeoNero you need proper help and I have told you this. The responses on here should show you that people are thinking of you and care enough to take the time to give you some advice. You need to stop being negative though and try to be positive about things
    SupaStar wrote:
    bullshit.

if someone smiles at you, if a song you like comes on the radio, if you eat something yummy, if you get a nice reply on thesite, if the sun comes out, if you buy something new, if you win solitaire, if there's a happy story in the paper, then something good happens.

you can't tell me none of those things ever happen, because quite frankly i don't believe you. it doesn't have to be a miracle to be something good.

You need to start seeing the good in small things seriously, these are the things that will begin to change your attitude to life.
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    i dont know anyone
    Neither did I, for the first meet.
    NeoNero wrote:
    and wouldnt know where to meet people or who im looking for
    Again, neither did I. I didn't even know the way to Baker St and had to try and figure out the tubes by myself. I'll meet you, like I said in my PM.
    NeoNero wrote:
    and would have nothing to say there anyways so no one will chat to me
    Again, see your PMs.
    NeoNero wrote:
    and you'll think im werid cos all i'll do is listen to everyone else and not say a word
    That's pretty much what I did at the first one, and nobody thought I was weird.
    NeoNero wrote:
    and i dont drink anyways.
    Neither do I.
    NeoNero wrote:
    I just want someone to go with me really, but who'd honestly wana do that. Thats why i didnt go last time too :(
    I told you I would meet you last time. I had to get a train on my own and figure out the tubes on my own at the first one to go and meet a whole load of people I'd never met before, so I know where you're coming from. But seriously, I will meet you somewhere this time. I know coming to the meet will help you a lot, so I'm willing to help in any way I can.

Franki x