Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Life's not worth living is it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you have no friends, no girls who like you, people who are constantly horrible to you no matter what nice things you do for them. Things constantly breaking, your car getting smashed into and nothing ever going right.

I feel like im cursed and i want to die, cos all i have is a hugely broken heart where everyone who has ever said they loved me was lying, no one to talk to or who even cares if im alive or dead and no happyness at all.

:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Don't think like that. No matter how crap things are they will eventually get better.
  • Options
    Please don't think like that. My dad killed himself 7 weeks ago and he had been in a desperate state for a long time. I think if he had realised how many people would miss him when he was gone, then he would have considered other options. There are ways to improve your life, it will just take a while. I don't know what to suggest specifically and I don't want to say too much in case it pushes you the wrong way, that's what I did to my dad, but as mystifymysoul said, things will get better.
    Take care
    x
  • Options
    Sometimes things feel so bad, sometimes it can feel really bad for long periods of time, but I assure you this is not the way you will always feel. Things from your point of view have been going badly in your life, trust me everyone gets this, one bad thing after the other over and over again! The only thing that you have control of is yourself, if these people are making you unhappy, then it is your job to stop this from happening! Noone can do it for you, and no one can change your outlook on life but you.

I have no friends either and I often get upset about this, but I have got other things in my life that make it good, and i'm sure if you think about it you will find other things that are important in your life and make you smile. Your family, a pet, music, things that you have done, things that you are going to do. Its concentrating on these good things that will pull you away from the miserable things and make you happy again. When you have a happier outlook and think about things a more positive way you will find that you don't need other people to make you happy, you will learn how to do it for yourself. You will have friends and you will be liked don't doubt it, just concentrate on the one thing that you can control, you!
  • Options
    ledzipp wrote:
    Go ahead and die, fool.

If you want friends, make them.

That helps dont it!

Dont listen to that idiot hes probley a wanna be.

well you've gotta look on the bright side of things, what could you do to improve your life? more somewhere new? create a new life for your self a new image? think of the possiblitys if you moved... changed your look...

Remember, think outside the box not in the box.
  • Options
    ledzipp wrote:
    Go ahead and die, fool.

If you want friends, make them.

Shut the fuck up. For some people it isn't as easy as that. If you have nothing constuctive or helpful to say then don't say anything at all.
  • Options
    If your always feeling so down try doing a bit of exercise or something.Like gentle jogging.It always helps to destress me and take my mind off things.Things are always worse when you dwell on them.
    I know how you feel....I get like that all the time.
  • Options
    presumably if you are still alive, some small part of you thinks that life IS worth living. i think it is important to know that however crap you feel... life goes on, and most things just take time to heal. a lot of people can probably relate to how you are feeling atm, but life is a bitch... and it isn't going to change unless you do something about it. end of.
  • Options
    Shut the fuck up. For some people it isn't as easy as that. If you have nothing constuctive or helpful to say then don't say anything at all.

Thank you for telling that stupid person :)
  • Options
    Ledzip is a troll who comes here now and again to annoy people. Don't pay attention to him.

As for the thread, people get setbacks in life. They lose the people they love but life's so much more than that, reflecting on the bad things won't make things better, just appreciate what you have got and you'll be alright.
  • Options
    rimmer88 wrote:
    If your always feeling so down try doing a bit of exercise or something.Like gentle jogging.It always helps to destress me and take my mind off things.Things are always worse when you dwell on them.
    I know how you feel....I get like that all the time.

Good advice, I often get really down, stressed out and start thinking it's just all not worth it, I go to the gym, work out for a couple of hours and come out feeling totally knackard and my mind is off all my problems.

It's also good for my physical appearance, which is always a good thing! :)
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    When you have no friends, no girls who like you, people who are constantly horrible to you no matter what nice things you do for them. Things constantly breaking, your car getting smashed into and nothing ever going right.

I feel like im cursed and i want to die, cos all i have is a hugely broken heart where everyone who has ever said they loved me was lying, no one to talk to or who even cares if im alive or dead and no happyness at all.

How about moving away and getting a fresh start somewhere? New area, new friends .. new opportunities?
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:

hey.

i'm living proof that when nothing is working out you can turn it around with the right help and support. i'm a depressive, i'm not better but i'm getting there. and you can too.

if girls don't want you then it is them who are missing out. one day you'll find someone so perfect that you'll be glad you didn't settle for just anyone. it's worth waiting for. and there's always someone who cares about you, even if it's just some random from a messageboard who doesn't know you from adam.

you do have people to talk to. you can always post on thesite and people will be happy to help, because that's the kind of place this is. if you want to talk at any time then you can always just message me.

take care
    -x-
  • Options
    Hiya NeoNero
    It sounds like you're feeling pretty p'd off with life right now, but that doesn't mean it'll always be this way. It's easy to feel low when you keep getting knockbacks but life takes twists and turns and can go up as well as down. Try and surround yourself with positive people who are friendly and make you feel good about yourself - and if people reject you see it as their loss.

You might find some of the articles here on TheSite useful:

When mates go bad

Boost your social life

Mending a broken heart

Accepting it's over

You may also find it helps to talk to someone anonymously. The following helplines will listen without judging.

SupportLine
    Confidential and emotional support on the telephone for children, young adults and adults who are socially isolated, vulnerable, at risk and victims of any form of abuse.
    Web: www.supportline.org.uk
    Tel: 020 8554 9004

Samaritans
    Confidential help for anyone who is experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide.
    Web: www.samaritans.org.uk
    Tel: 08457 909090
    Email: jo@samaritans.org

Take care
  • Options
    Its been like this for two years, nothing good has happened in them two years to me. Ive tried to make new friends but its always me who has to call them or stuff. Not that it matters cos they never wana come out with me or see me anyways. And if i dont call them? They never call me and just forget i even exist. I bought a new mobile phone recently, duno why because not a single person has called me on it or text me on it. Even though i text loads of people. No one ever replies.

Im trying to get a new life, im looking for a new job to move but im never good enough, agencies dont replies, companies dont reply, even though i more than match their skills.

Girls missing out...i doubt it, they aint missing out on me, cos if they felt that way they'd want me, as it is im not even noticed, walking down the street people look away from me and girls mostly dont even get out of my way just shoulder barging their way through me as if i wasnt there.

People i work with are horrible to me too, always going on about how im single so must be gay or something or lying about anything i say. Not that they help, i say set me up with one of your friends and im told im werid and a freak for saying that. I even gave a girl my number the other day, something ive never done before but she aint txt it or called it.

I try to sourround myself with happy people, but no one is ever there for me, even people i met on here dont talk to me on msn anymore. I write in a blog what happens and how i feel, not that anyone reads it or comments on it.

I even put pictures like this in it.
    Help_me_by_TigarUK.jpg

I try to be happy around people, so its not like im depressive to them, but people still get fed up with me. I want things to change but theres nothing that works that ive tried. If i was a girl people would like me just cos im a girl but being a guy no one could give a fuck in the real world. I want a job but no one wants to even give me an interview. I try to arrange to see people but no one replies, and worst is my ex gf which is ages back wont talk to me anymore, i aint dont anything wrong which makes it worse, if she was just a friend to me right now i could at least say i got one friend. But its the lies that hurt, she said she'd always be there for me and be my friend and things would get better...they havent! Even a friend who said she was my soul mate dont talk to me anymore and again i duno why, one day shes chatting to me, the next she isnt. Im just all alone, all weekend i sit here and my mouth doesnt even open, cos i got no one to talk to and no where to go out and no where to be. No one even noticed when i went on holiday, as i say, no one texts me or anything.

Why am i not dead yet, i duno, duno how to do it i guess. Although i wish i died two years ago so i wouldnt have had to live two horrible and miserable years where not one nice thing has happened. Just people hurting me and upsetting me.

Sorry if the above post dont make sense, can never put into words how i feel so thats why i do pictures, i draw a lot, still doesnt stop me thinking how sad i am though and have very little if anything worth living for. Why live if you have no happyness?

*image removed - may be triggering*
  • Options
    About 4 months ago I had a huge car crash (lorry smashed me up), had a few money problems, got sacked, hated my mum and life was more than shit. But i started seeing a counciller and she solved all my problems just by listenin to me chat on for hours at a time.

I was bang on alcohol and antidepressants dont do nothing.

I aint read any replies but im sure they have all said life will get better and trust me it will, iv been in a similar position mate.
  • Options
    Find something to busy yourself. Go to school or something. There's no point in trying to enter a relationship, girlfriend or just friend. It's people. Fuck em. People, for the most part, are utterly selfish and useless. You need to be at lease a little bit selfish to get anywhere in this world, mentally or physically. Don't rely on other people.
  • Options
    i've got no friends and i'm ok.

my msn is up there ^ , add me and i'll come online and talk to you.

things get better. but you have to want them to. you get so comfy in your shittiness that you don't want to be bothered with sorting things out. you need to keep trying with jobs etc. and stop being so self-pitying, i know it's all very well (and very hypocritical) for me to say that but when you are down things seem so much worse. you need to tell yourself that you'll be ok (and believe that you will be) and then keep trying until you are.

take care
    -x-
  • Options
    You know what? I just dont fit in this world and dont want to live it anymore where im all alone with no one there for me :(
  • Options
    You just haven't found the right niche for yourself yet. It takes time to assert yourself both in relationships and elsewhere... if people don't wait around for you to do so they aren't worth knowing. From what you've said on here you sound like a decent person don't give up yet. Take time talk to someone like a counsellor if you feel it would help. Maybe the people around you don't know how you're feeling so talk to them too and be forward when youre asserting your opinion as long as you don't upset people by doing so. You have every right to be happy.
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    Its been like this for two years, nothing good has happened in them two years to me. Ive tried to make new friends but its always me who has to call them or stuff. Not that it matters cos they never wana come out with me or see me anyways. And if i dont call them? They never call me and just forget i even exist. I bought a new mobile phone recently, duno why because not a single person has called me on it or text me on it. Even though i text loads of people. No one ever replies.

Im trying to get a new life, im looking for a new job to move but im never good enough, agencies dont replies, companies dont reply, even though i more than match their skills.

Girls missing out...i doubt it, they aint missing out on me, cos if they felt that way they'd want me, as it is im not even noticed, walking down the street people look away from me and girls mostly dont even get out of my way just shoulder barging their way through me as if i wasnt there.

People i work with are horrible to me too, always going on about how im single so must be gay or something or lying about anything i say. Not that they help, i say set me up with one of your friends and im told im werid and a freak for saying that. I even gave a girl my number the other day, something ive never done before but she aint txt it or called it.

I try to sourround myself with happy people, but no one is ever there for me, even people i met on here dont talk to me on msn anymore. I write in a blog what happens and how i feel, not that anyone reads it or comments on it.

Help_me_by_TigarUK.jpg

I try to be happy around people, so its not like im depressive to them, but people still get fed up with me. I want things to change but theres nothing that works that ive tried. If i was a girl people would like me just cos im a girl but being a guy no one could give a fuck in the real world. I want a job but no one wants to even give me an interview. I try to arrange to see people but no one replies, and worst is my ex gf which is ages back wont talk to me anymore, i aint dont anything wrong which makes it worse, if she was just a friend to me right now i could at least say i got one friend. But its the lies that hurt, she said she'd always be there for me and be my friend and things would get better...they havent! Even a friend who said she was my soul mate dont talk to me anymore and again i duno why, one day shes chatting to me, the next she isnt. Im just all alone, all weekend i sit here and my mouth doesnt even open, cos i got no one to talk to and no where to go out and no where to be. No one even noticed when i went on holiday, as i say, no one texts me or anything.

Why am i not dead yet, i duno, duno how to do it i guess. Although i wish i died two years ago so i wouldnt have had to live two horrible and miserable years where not one nice thing has happened. Just people hurting me and upsetting me.

Sorry if the above post dont make sense, can never put into words how i feel so thats why i do pictures, i draw a lot, still doesnt stop me thinking how sad i am though and have very little if anything worth living for. Why live if you have no happyness?

Slit_your_wrists_by_TigarUK.jpg

I've been depressed as fuck over the last year or so (too many drugs and too many realisations about myself and life generally)...got no job, have been back at uni for weeks and have done absolutely nothing, skint, smoking heavily etc etc....

But I still derive enjoyment from life. Find whatever you like doing, what you're interested in, and go for it.

And, of course, you never know what tomorrow holds ;)
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:
    You know what? I just dont fit in this world and dont want to live it anymore where im all alone with no one there for me :(

if that's for my benefit then i'd appreciate it if you would keep what happens in private conversations off a public board. if it's not, then what i said still stands.
  • Options
    NeoNero wrote:

Help_me_by_TigarUK.jpg

Slit_your_wrists_by_TigarUK.jpg

Even though it's in the nature of man to seek happiness, ultimately it's elusive.

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, try and find out what makes YOU happy instead of letting others get to you.
  • Options
    um dude not bein funny but those pictures should really be under a cut coz they're triggerin. or put a trig warning or something
  • Options
    SupaStar wrote:
    i've got no friends and i'm ok.
    You lie, miss.

NeoNero - first off, it would be appreciated if you got rid of the second picture, or just put a link to it. As Girl_gunner said, it could be triggering for a LOT of people.

Secondly - life is worth living. It might not feel like it, but there will be people who care about you. There will always be someone who will be devastated if you leave them. The amount of times I've felt like I have no friends is impossible to count. But I do, and I know that now. It will get better. Honestly, it will.

I don't really know what to say. Um. I'm not good at things like this. PM me if you want.

Franki
  • Options
    At the risk of having a lifetime worth of flaming from you, I'm prepared to take it.

NeoNero, this isn't the first time you've come to the boards, talking about how bad your life is, how you're always getting messed around etc, and nothing good is coming your way.

People gave you some very good advice, and you chose not to take it. Fair enough, you're under no obligation to. However, it's obvious that nothing has changed for you, so aside from letting off some steam, what are you going to achieve in writing posts like this?

As others have said *you* and only you are in charge of your own destiny. It's not up to other people to bring you happiness, and most certainly, no one can save you except yourself.

My suspicions are, at the moment, you're not prepared to get the help you require, because it's easier for you to remain trapped in the same vicious circle, so again and again, you can come out the victim.

Whatever other people have experienced - nothing will be as bad as what *you* have been through, and none of the help suggested will help you because it won't be able to breakthrough the problems you're having because that's the way you believe it to be.

We all have problems, some people have been through much worse, but they are the ones who choose to change things for the better, because they realised they were the only ones who could help themselves.

You deliberately ignored what Spanner said, and the links she gave. I won't reiterate them, but if you want to help yourself, then I suggest you take those steps. If you don't, then by all means carry on posting here, but people will soon start to not interact with you, be it sympathy, or advice, because either way, it will fall on deaf ears.

Good luck, I really hope you start helping yourself.
  • Options
    What do you want me to do, ive had people say 'get new friends'

Yes great advice, why didnt i think of that. If i was a girl i could get friends just because im a girl. Being a bloke its so much harder. No one wants to know you. Blokes dont care about u cos they are only interested in girls and girls dont care cos they are only interested in their bf.

Example, i asked one girl if she'd come to camden with me and what is the reply i get? 'I dont know, i dont know if my bf will let me go camden with you' And its not just one girl whos said that. In the end it just results in said girl slowly disappearing from my life, cos they dont bother with me and often their bf stops them talking to me.

I just want friends, i just want to be loved, but how can i have friends when girls tell me im creepy, and more than one girl has said that, its not like i lick their face or something, i just try to be nice :( All i want is one friend, someone who go places with me so i can make new friends. Its not easy, go into a pub, everyone has their group of friends, i cant just walk up to them and just join in their conversation. They'll just think 'who the hell is he!'.

What do i do and i'll do it, you can control my life, i'll do what you say and we'll see if i change. Ive already talked to loads of people how they feel and i either get told things are my fault. Example i get told im really horrible but then minutes later get told maybe girls dont like me cos im too nice. HOW CAN I WIN? Chatting about it doesnt make me feel better, i just want friends and some one to care and love me but i dont fit in, dont fit in anywhere :(

And finally, im not in charge of my own destiny, you ALWAYS have to rely on others, wether its at work, at home or where ever. How do you make a baby? It takes two people, you cant do that on your own, life requires you to work with others. Humans need friends...i dont have any.
    but people will soon start to not interact with you, be it sympathy, or advice, because either way, it will fall on deaf ears.

Do they do this because they cant help, or as i feel, they dont want to :(
  • Options
    And finally, im not in charge of my own destiny, you ALWAYS have to rely on others, wether its at work, at home or where ever. How do you make a baby? It takes two people, you cant do that on your own, life requires you to work with others

But if you believe that you have to rely on others - people, with their own weaknesses and problems - will let you down, and then you'll end up feeling worse than you already are. Yes, we need to cooperate with people, but in terms of our own happiness, only we can be in charge of that.

What are your hobbies? Are you a Londoner? There are loads of things you can do, even on a tight budget. Camden isn't always the friendliest of places and pubs might always be the best place to strike up a conversation.

Have a look on the net. I like going to medically related talks, I went to one, and during the tea-break I met some students, and a doctor who said he'll help me with projects and stuff. So there's always a chance to strike up conversation with like-minded people, in an environment that won't make people raise their eyebrows at you. See what you can find.

And while you're doing that, I'd seriously suggest you see a doctor about talking to someone, you're sense of self-esteem and self-worth is really low. There are also support groups etc help is always at hand.
  • Options
    I agree with go_away. Especially the bit about how nothing will change because you don't believe that it will. And the doctor bit.

The doctor will help you. If you are as bad and suicidal as you say you are, then I can only assume you would be put higher on a waiting list for counselling and I suppose they'll put you on pills.

I know you think that nobody will like you, and that all girls think you are creepy, then that's how people will see you. Don't TRY and be nice to them, because that does come across as creepy. Just be yourself, and if people don't like you it's no big deal because you probably wouldn't like them anyway. Eugh. I'm not gonna say that it's easy, because it's not. It's fucking hard. Helping yourself is never easy. You need to stop thinking that you can just sit back and everyone else can do the hard work to make you feel better. That's not how it works. You need to try. You can't just expect everything to be magically better after one night. It takes time, and effort.

Eugh. Listen to the advice that is being given to you. Don't just ignore it like every other time, because people will stop giving you advice and wanting to help you.
  • Options
    Heres my hobbies, doing animations and drawing. Not with pencils but on the computer. There isnt any hobby groups for that. Also going into london, by yourself isnt fun, a long train journey by urself, walking the cold streets alone where no body even looks at you.

I dont want to take pills, i dont want a fake happyness, i dont want to inside know im so incredably alone yet in my head im smiling cos if a pill.

Also why is nice creepy. Do people not like people to be polite to them or nice? Do people like rude people who are dick heads. i dont fake niceness. Im nice cos im me, if i could be a popular idiot i would be, but as it is im a lonely genious. Or so the saying goes. I cant help it if im nice and once again its my fault im nice, not the fault of others for having crap opinions on what defines creepy.

And i dont expect to sit back and everyone else do everything, if i did would i be moaning as such here how i dont have a friend in the world? :'(
  • Options
    Yes you would. Sitting there moaning is not doing anything about it. It's sitting there moaning and not taking our advice.

Pills don't make you happy. Pills help you to help yourself. They're not a cure, they're a helping thing. Anti-depressants are designed to raise levels of the hormone serotonin in your brain. Serotonin is the happy hormone, and lack of it makes you feel shitty and depressed. But the pills aren't a miracle cure. Like I said, they're meant to help you help yourself.

Also, like I said - if you continue to not take people's advice, people will get annoyed and stop trying to help you.