Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate Moss

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry?! Public eye? Doing cocaine openly? Have I missed something or was she caught using a tiny hidden camera?

Hardly the open public is it.
  • Options
    To be honest it is a hypocrisy, but she IS an idol to millions and millions of people, in particular young girls. Would you want your daughter/sister etc... modeling themselves on someone who openly dabbles in drugs?? Fair enough most people do it, but she's not just anyone, shes followed everywhere by the press and this is her punishment. Huge corporations aren't going to want to use someone like that in their adverts and I can't say I blame them.

I wouldn't care to be honest*. Drugs aren't as big a deal as you seem to think.

*within reason - I would make sure my daughter/sister/whatever was in full possession of the facts etc
  • Options
    TBH, I'd be more worried if my daughter was looking up to a vacuous damaging exploitative industry such as modelling in the first place.
  • Options
    Chanel by my understanding haven't 'dumped' her at all, they have just said they dont have any plans to use her in future.

Those plans could and probably will change once this dies down.
  • Options
    Would you want your daughter/sister etc... modeling themselves on someone who openly dabbles in drugs?? .
    so ...when you have kids ...your going to have to seriously censor her authors singers song writers musicians politicians celebs sports stars etc etc etc.
    best of luck.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    TBH, I'd be more worried if my daughter was looking up to a vacuous damaging exploitative industry such as modelling in the first place.
    ditto
  • Options
    Is it just a coincidence that her junkie boyfriends crap band who havn't even released an album but get a lot of hype they don't deserve are about to go on tour?
  • Options
    maybe, He could have set her up?
  • Options
    Would you want your daughter/sister etc... modeling themselves on someone who openly dabbles in drugs??

Like the Beatles, for example?

Personally it isn't the drugs I would be worried about, its the fact that the "industry" is based on image and not substance (no pun intended)...