Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate Moss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So a supermodel and her b-list celebrity boyfriend are photographed doing coke. Big deal! I really can't believe this is being covered by the news, it's utterly ridiculous - something they even seemed to concede themselves when asking random people if they really gave a shit about it.

Why bother :confused:

Every day I'm loathing the media more and more...the same pointless drivvel, half-truths and distortion of reality day in, day out. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    It sells papers, thats all they're interested in.
  • Options
    satehen wrote:

Well you can't expect anything else from the Mirror, but national TV?!
  • Options
    The only thing newsworthy would have been if they weren't doing any.

What next? Cat seen drinking milk?
  • Options
    fuck the media, they are so full of shit. I get so fucking tired of "credited" news groups reporting on celebrities as if they were news.
  • Options
    Who hadn't already assumed she was doing coke? And most importantly, who gives a flying fuck? No-one. Let them fucking get on with it, as long as it doesn't ruin my life, who cares.

I'm praying for a day where TV and newspapers start covering important, life-changing stories.
  • Options
    The guys a twat. Should be locked up somewhere the papers cant get him. His bands been the top 10 once or something stupud like that, he deserves no publicity.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Cat seen drinking milk?

Where? GET THE NEWS CREW!
  • Options
    im just surprised pictures took so long to come out really.
    We all know everyone in those industries do it.
  • Options
    thats it, make a big deal out of it and splash it everywhere....so young people go and copy - very clever. :yeees:
  • Options
    I care.

Not about this story though, obviously...
  • Options
    I'm only surprised at how long all this stuff about coke and orgies etc came out.

Then again, her ex is a journalist - maybe he's touting some bad press in order to get custody of their daughter?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    So she's had a sniff, hardly crime of the century!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So she's had a sniff, hardly crime of the century!

if she was a regular person she'd be in prison by now
  • Options

Not really. Get caught doing coke and you're looking at a caution.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

Would she fuck. People don't get sent to prison for having a sniff thank fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    satehen wrote:

it may well sell papers when we discover trevor mcdonald and prince charles shared a crack pipe.
    even then ...would anyone be realy shocked?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Would she fuck. People don't get sent to prison for having a sniff thank fuck.

oh was trying to suggest she doesnt get labelled the same as other drugs users causes shes a rich celeb btw :p
  • Options
    it may well sell papers when we discover trevor mcdonald and prince charles shared a crack pipe.
    even then ...would anyone be realy shocked?

Fuck me! They kept that one quiet!
  • Options
    Supermodel and rock star in drug-use shock. They'll be telling me that bears shit in the woods next.

The media cannot be trusted to tell anything factually without spin. They put the best spin on any news item in order to sell as many items as possible, and also to adhere to any political agenda that their proprietor wishes to push. Auntie Beeb is as bad as any with this. It's only when people have personal experience of this that they really realise just how far the "facts" of the news can actually be twisted without being factually incorrect.
  • Options
    Big deal. She's got loads of money and with Pete doherty for a boyfriend and the scene she's in it hardly comes as a shock she's been doing coke.
  • Options
    The latest on this one...

Dare I be so cynical to suggest H&M is trying to get some good publicity from the tabloids? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If I was running the marketing campaigne of H&M I certainly wouldn't want a Cocaine addict fronting it, personally I think they have made a good decision, they appeal to a wide ranging audience and I think their products need not be associated with a drug addict!
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    So a supermodel and her b-list celebrity boyfriend are photographed doing coke. Big deal! I really can't believe this is being covered by the news, it's utterly ridiculous - something they even seemed to concede themselves when asking random people if they really gave a shit about it.

Why bother :confused:

Every day I'm loathing the media more and more...the same pointless drivvel, half-truths and distortion of reality day in, day out. :mad:

The Big Deal is that Kate Moss Sued the Mirror Newspaper some time ago for claiming she took drugs and she won

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/52822004.htm

The Mirror had to pay her a sum of money, now they have proof she does drugs they're getting their money back through extra sales and may have a right to have their original payment to her returned.

Plus Kate Mosses boyfriend is reported to have punched one of their journalists in the face, so you shouldn't be surprised if the newspaper is using it's power to get him back as well.
  • Options
    The Big Deal is that Kate Moss Sued the Mirror Newspaper some time ago for claiming she took drugs and she won

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/52822004.htm

The Mirror had to pay her a sum of money, now they have proof she does drugs they're getting their money back through extra sales and may have a right to have their original payment to her returned.

Plus Kate Mosses boyfriend is reported to have punched one of their journalists in the face, so you shouldn't be surprised if the newspaper is using it's power to get him back as well.

If the Daily Mirror couldn't prove she was doing coke, I don't see the problem with her litigation against them...this is now, not the period of the previous story.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    If I was running the marketing campaigne of H&M I certainly wouldn't want a Cocaine addict fronting it, personally I think they have made a good decision, they appeal to a wide ranging audience and I think their products need not be associated with a drug addict!

What someone sniffs is their own business, their private lives should remain private and certainly not interfere with work.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    What someone sniffs is their own business, their private lives should remain private and certainly not interfere with work.

Yep, if it's not affecting her ability for the job, then no big deal.

I'd be interested to know the indulgences of the executives that drop people in this manner.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Yes I agree it is her private life and the way in which this has come to light has been unfortunate, however it still doesn't excuse the fact that she does something that could seriously damage her body and her life, what sort of message does that send out to young people...she is a mother as well and personally I think people who are responsible for children should not be so selfish as to mess up their lives with drugs and leave their children without parents. I'm not saying that this is going to happen and obviously that is a worse case scenario, but surely when you have children you want to ensure that you can be there for them for as long as possible and that might not be the case when your taking drugs: not only is she risking her life, but also her mental state of mind and her physical apperance (upon which her career is dependent upon). I think its a terrible tragedy that people feel that drugs are going to enhance their lives I know many of you will disagree with me but this is just my opinion. Its so sad that people can't enjoy life, enjoy their friends and family, enjoy the world, without needing to take drugs to make it seem good. Sorry if I upset anyone with my comments but its just how I feel!
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    Yes I agree it is her private life and the way in which this has come to light has been unfortunate, however it still doesn't excuse the fact that she does something that could seriously damage her body and her life, what sort of message does that send out to young people...she is a mother as well and personally I think people who are responsible for children should not be so selfish as to mess up their lives with drugs and leave their children without parents. I'm not saying that this is going to happen and obviously that is a worse case scenario, but surely when you have children you want to ensure that you can be there for them for as long as possible and that might not be the case when your taking drugs: not only is she risking her life, but also her mental state of mind and her physical apperance (upon which her career is dependent upon). I think its a terrible tragedy that people feel that drugs are going to enhance their lives I know many of you will disagree with me but this is just my opinion. Its so sad that people can't enjoy life, enjoy their friends and family, enjoy the world, without needing to take drugs to make it seem good. Sorry if I upset anyone with my comments but its just how I feel!

So you've never got drunk, you never get intoxicated at all?

Who says using drugs stops you from enjoying life? Most drugs i've consumed have had life and mind enhancing effects.

Unless Kate Moss is dependent - which, despite the paper's insistence, I highly doubt - then nobody really has any moral grounds to criticise her.
  • Options
    I'm not criticising her i'm criticising anyone who takes drugs, fair enough if your young and want to know what its all about but to take drugs all the time is stupid and it is detrimental to your health, and obviously she does take drugs on a regular basis regardless of what class they may be. I do think it is selfish, why should other people suffer because a drug user wants to experience "mind enhancing effects". If you have no family, no friends no one else to hurt but yourself then fine, but come on how many people really have nobody. If you have a family you should be providing a good example to them.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    I'm not criticising her i'm criticising anyone who takes drugs, fair enough if your young and want to know what its all about but to take drugs all the time is stupid and it is detrimental to your health, and obviously she does take drugs on a regular basis regardless of what class they may be. I do think it is selfish, why should other people suffer because a drug user wants to experience "mind enhancing effects". If you have no family, no friends no one else to hurt but yourself then fine, but come on how many people really have nobody. If you have a family you should be providing a good example to them.

Though I have experienced the knock on effects of my brother using drugs had on my family, I don't agree to a further extent as the only reason it hurt our family was because his attitude towards us changed i.e. stealing money to fund drink and drug addiction. BUT, this is not the scenario for everyone, and a user can use drugs without hurting those around them - it is not always the case that you destroy your family because you choose to take drugs.

Yes she's taken drugs - so? She is responsible for herself - her body, her reputation, her career. What she does in her private life, should remain in her private life. H&M have decided to drop her, but it's not like she appearing in adverts with white powder covering her nostrils, spaced out eyes and a 'I'm drugged up' expression on her face, so I don't see why her media hyped association with drugs should have a damaging affect on the 'image' of the brands she advertises.