Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kate Moss

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    Well all of them I thought...isn't that why they are Class A because they are more dangerous?

Welll...yes and no. Lumping heroin together with ecstasy is rather odd and making amphetamine a class B when in reality its probably more damaging than ecstasy is rather odd too. A lot of these decisions are made for political reasons not health reasons. LSD for instance (a Class A drug) does not cause any physical harm, it can however have a detrimental effect on a vulnerable person's mental health...more importantly it might make someone question why they bother going to work in the morning...

So to answer your question - yes, it is possible that "A Class A drug can kill somone the first time (or any time) they use it", but actually your question makes very little sense in the way you have framed it. Yes, cocaine could kill someone the first time they take it (very unlikely though), but LSD can't, magic mushrooms can't, heroin in a controlled dose is very unlikely to etc etc.
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    Yeah your right a bottle of Vodka could, or a vodka red bull mix if you have a heart defect etc, but I also think drinking in excess is quite gross too! LOL im such a prude!!!!!

Just 'cos you're a prude, don't judge other people by those standards.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Just 'cos you're a prude, don't judge other people by those standards.
    Well thats kinda the irony of living in a "free" world I can judge people however I want, although drinking doesnt bother me quite as much as drugs, and to be honest I have been very drunk in the past and probably will be in the future, so it is probably a hypocritical comment, but I meant it in the sense of seeing someone who has been drinking in excess isn't always a nice sight, I appretiate what you say about the drugs I am however not knowledgeable about which drugs are definately going kill and which are not. So I can't really comment any more but I have had fun debating! :D
  • Options
    Yeah, you can judge people however you want, but moralising about Kate Moss's drug use just makes you come across as an ignorant snob tbh.

P.S.
    No drugs are "definitely going to kill".
  • Options
    Whether she uses cocaine or not I can see being 'in the public interest' given she sort of is a role model.

But who cares whether she has 'lesbian affairs' thats no ones bloody business.
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote:
    A Class A drug can kill somone the first time (or any time) they use it though, can't it? Is one pint of beer going to kill someone?

You are making the mistake of assuming the Misuse of Drugs Act has any logic to it at all.

Class A drugs are not any more or less dangerous as a group than Class B or even some Class C drugs.
  • Options
    If it was me that was on the front of the newspaper doing drugs i'd get chucked in jail so what happens to her or anyother so called celeb... nothing or they get chcuked in rehab. No wonder the only ambitions that the youth or today has is to become famous they know it'll allow them to be above the law.
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    If it was me that was on the front of the newspaper doing drugs i'd get chucked in jail so what happens to her or anyother so called celeb... nothing or they get chcuked in rehab.

No you wouldnt, there isnt any evidence that would stand up in court that she has been taking cocaine.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    film_buff wrote:
    If it was me that was on the front of the newspaper doing drugs i'd get chucked in jail

You don't get 'chucked into jail' for having a sniff!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Sadly a lot of models use drugs, some to keep as thin as they are... I mean that's what the wierdos of the fashion world perceive as beautiful... Walking bean poles.

Remember Judy Garland? She was put on amphetamins to lose weight for her role in the media... Unfortunately a few years later she ended up ODing.
  • Options
    a few years later she ended up ODing.

But not from phet.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hmm a 5 page thread about how Kate Moss is of no concern to anyone.

:lol:
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You don't get 'chucked into jail' for having a sniff!

Ok maybe i went OTT but you know what i mean. If it was me in all the papers i'd be getting called a druggie and i shouldnt be allowed in society (the usual stuff people come out with). But cause it Kate Moss you've got most people mainly fellow celebrities saying how sorry they feel for her.
  • Options
    she'z a role model so i fink dat evn if she duz wna do it, den do it in private.. she shuda known dat snifn in public wud defntly get her noticd unless she wz cmpletly out ov it b4 dat neway.. so wteva man... no point discusn dis really.. do wt u want.. if ur lyf getz mesd up.. datz ur problm.
  • Options
    ^
    Are you writing in some kind of code?
  • Options
    Stop typing like that.
  • Options
    lol.. oopz.. need to start typing in proper english..
  • Options
    atz wrote:
    she'z a role model so i fink dat evn if she duz wna do it, den do it in private.. she shuda known dat snifn in public wud defntly get her noticd unless she wz cmpletly out ov it b4 dat neway.. so wteva man... no point discusn dis really.. do wt u want.. if ur lyf getz mesd up.. datz ur problm.

Anglais sil vous plait??!?!? :crying:
  • Options

ok.. she is a role model so i think that even if she does want to do it, then do it in private, she should have known that sniffing cocaine in public would definetely get her noticed unless she was completely out of it anyway, so whatever man, no point discussing this really, do what you want.. if your life gets messed up, thats your problem.. argh dat was waaaay too long lol
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    Ok maybe i went OTT but you know what i mean. If it was me in all the papers i'd be getting called a druggie and i shouldnt be allowed in society (the usual stuff people come out with). But cause it Kate Moss you've got most people mainly fellow celebrities saying how sorry they feel for her.
    sorry but thats utter bollox.
    local man arrested for having a gram of coke ...and cautioned by the police ...is usualy how it goes.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to be a bit dumb here but was she set up then-the paper were tipped off? I've been on hol while this broke so only know the recent news about her jobs being cut.

So what is the actual "worst thing" the police can now do? She's been shown to be snorting coke (I haven't seen said pictures myself) and they are "investigating", so other than her own joblosses, what is the worst that can happen?
  • Options
    Jowolvo wrote:
    I'm sorry to be a bit dumb here but was she set up then-the paper were tipped off? I've been on hol while this broke so only know the recent news about her jobs being cut.

So what is the actual "worst thing" the police can now do? She's been shown to be snorting coke (I haven't seen said pictures myself) and they are "investigating", so other than her own joblosses, what is the worst that can happen?
    nothing legaly can happen.
    it is not against the law to snort coke.
    it's against the law to posess it ...a photo cannot prove there was any coke there.
    it's not against the law to say you use it ...grow it etc.
    no one could prove diddly shit in a court of law ...and if we're realy honest here ...who gives a fuck?
    the law don't ...they have more important things to do than go round bothering people who use drugs ...to give them a caution.

an example ...the cheif police guys when dealing with large gatherings of people ...festivals protest marches ...carnivals etc ...always brief their men to keep an eye on the people carrying loads of alcohol around cos thats where the problems will arise from ...fact.
  • Options
    Jowolvo wrote:

Might be wrong and it may vary from force to force, but when people are busted with small amounts of drugs the police routinely follow it with some questions to try and find out where the drugs came from. And I read a news article saying basically this in the case of Kate Moss.
  • Options
    when your in court for posession of coke heroin etc ...you could say it's sugar or gravy browning .
    thats why ...whenever your busted and in front of the beak ...there has to be a chemists report saying exactly what it was ...no photo or admission can provide that info.
  • Options
    I know someone who got a caution for possesion of ecstasy when infact it was nothing of the sort. The stupid twat decided to admit that he thought they were E's.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Chanel have dropped her from their next ad campaign. I really do hope Dior follow suit.

What she does in her private life is one thing, but for her to be irresponsible enough to let it get into the public eye, she deserves what she gets.

People like H&M, Chanel and Dior are all such well known and respected businesses, I'm not surprised they don't want anything to do with a drug abuser.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Chanel have dropped her from their next ad campaign. I really do hope Dior follow suit.

What she does in her private life is one thing, but for her to be irresponsible enough to let it get into the public eye, she deserves what she gets.

People like H&M, Chanel and Dior are all such well known and respected businesses, I'm not surprised they don't want anything to do with a drug abuser.

Ilora x

I know NOTHING about this - yet I sill can't see what her habit has got to do with anything, unless she beglects her daughter or so.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I know someone who got a caution for possesion of ecstasy when infact it was nothing of the sort. The stupid twat decided to admit that he thought they were E's.

If you are in possession of something you think is a controlled drug and it isn't but you admit that you thought it was...you get done for it.
  • Options

Ilora x

Errrr...wasn't she set up? Anyway, the entire fashion industry runs on coke.
  • Options
    To be honest it is a hypocrisy, but she IS an idol to millions and millions of people, in particular young girls. Would you want your daughter/sister etc... modeling themselves on someone who openly dabbles in drugs?? Fair enough most people do it, but she's not just anyone, shes followed everywhere by the press and this is her punishment. Huge corporations aren't going to want to use someone like that in their adverts and I can't say I blame them.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    If the Daily Mirror couldn't prove she was doing coke, I don't see the problem with her litigation against them...this is now, not the period of the previous story.

This is a bit like the Bill Clinton thing when he had an affair.

People weren't mad at him for having an affair, they were more mad at him for lieing about it