Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please don't blame President Bush

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Plenty of blame to go round lots of people:

Cutting costs on the levies started under Clinton - who should get some of the blame. Thhough as Bush in the last five years has not picked up any of the shortfall he can't escape some of the blame.

That said the decision to recommend evacuation has to come from the Mayor and it seems he was slow to recommend it. And after he did recommend it he seems to have taken no action to make sure the poor and vulnerable were evacuated - despite having access to fleet of school buses and drivers who could have got much of the population away.

The Federal response was then slow to kick-in. Not because the people were poor and black, but because US Federal agencies had never envisaged such as disaster (which is a failing in itself) and then struggled to cope. Some of the early statements from Bush on down suggest that they had not grasped the fact that this wasn't some localised flooding, but a major cataclysm.

Finally there was a major social breakdown. The people who should have been concentrating on rescuing people found themselves trying to stop armed looters, prevent gang rapes and coming under fire. Contrary to popular belief transport helicopters are pretty vulnerable to being shot at and can make a big mess when they hit the ground - funnily enough when under fire the pilots don't tend to stick around.

Was it Bush's fault - no.

Did he contribute (or rather fail to contribute) - yes
  • Options

Dear NOA, everything about your reply was fine, and I enjoyed your fair minded approach, except you left some of the blame at Bush's door step. I resent that, President Bush could not have known the New Orleans unique problem, Dick Cheney never told him about that. And aside from blaming who was responsible for the maintenance of the flood wall, now we are talking about the relief efforts, shame on FEMA , shame on Homeland Security agency. President Bush gave these people an important position and they failed him miserably. President Bush said their work: "It is not acceptable", and then he turned around and politely admired these people for their lousy work, he is such a kind man that he does not want to put down anybody, may Jesus bless his soul. So poor President Bush can not teach these people the basics of the leadership, either you were born with it, like President Bush or you will never get it, that simple.

Let us all join together to praise President Bush for all his wisdom and his tireless hard work. My preacher told me sometimes President Bush works over 25 hours a day, when I pointed out father there is only 24 hours in each day, he told me that is a miracle my son! When you are a foot soldier for Jesus Christ anything is possible.

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    Dear NOA, everything about your reply was fine, and I enjoyed your fair minded approach, except you left some of the blame at Bush's door step. I resent that. President Bush could not have known the New Orleans unique problem, Dick Cheney never told him about that. And aside from blaming who was responsible for the maintenance of the flood wall, we are talking about the relief efforts. Shame on FEMA and shame on Homeland Security agency. President Bush gave these people an important position and they failed him miserably, even though President Bush politely admired their lousy work, he is such a kind man that he does not want to put down anybody, may Jesus bless his soul. So poor President Bush can not teach these people the basic of the leadership, either you were born with it like President Bush or you will never get it, that simple.

Let us all join together to praise President Bush for all his wisdom and his tireless work. My preacher told me sometimes he works 25 hours a day, when I pointed out there is only 24 hours in each day, he told me that is a miracle my son! When you are a soldier for Jesus Christ anything is possible.

May God Bless us all,
    Unes

:lol: Brilliant!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :lol: Brilliant!
    don't encourage him please!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    don't encourage him please!

Aww, but he's like RK. But without being as annyoing, I like him. Can he be the board pet?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Aww, but he's like RK. But without being as annyoing, I like him. Can he be the board pet?
    jesus saves ...in the first national bank ...
  • Options
    I notice you neither refuted nor aknowledged anything in my post so your comment "Thank you for the long post" is very patronising.

... try going and actually reading my post and making comments based thereon, otherwise, go away and stop wasting everybody´s time.

Unes, I think it´s time you learned to read for fuck´s sake. Maybe I´ve struck a nerve but you´re completely avoiding everything I wrote and saying sorry aint gonna do a damn thing about it! If you really want to appease me, try commenting on what I said rather than just trying to bless me whilst avoiding the subject!

The Devil is loose - and he´s sat in the Oval Office.

Jesus saves, but Thunderstruck withdraws.
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    My preacher told me sometimes he works 25 hours a day, when I pointed out there is only 24 hours in each day, he told me that is a miracle my son!

I think you have succumbed to what is commonly referred to as "bullshit".

A nice little article from a man who was there - looky.
  • Options
    "Let us all join together to praise President Bush for all his wisdom.."

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
  • Options
    The man who came up with this nugget -

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I believe the moron was trying to say - Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Yes, what a man of wisdom and guidance. I mean, there are scores of websites dedicated to the nuggets of stupidity that have eminated from his pie-hole. I don´t believe there are any such sites for Blair...
  • Options
    Bush is a moron who IS NOT running the country. He is a figure head who takes to fall for others mistakes.

Actually, with the late reaction to the disater... he may well be running the country... who else could screw up that badly except an idiot?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Unes is taking the piss...
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Unes is taking the piss...

I hope he is. Or maybe we really have got one on our hands. Although don't they usually claim the Internet is Evil as well?
  • Options

My preacher says; "Pesident Bush is such a Jesus loving Man that even in that busy schedule in the United Nation he was looking for a private place to pray!"

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    My preacher says; "Pesident Bush is such a Jesus loving Man that even in that busy schedule in the United Nation he was looking for a private place to pray!"

May God Bless us all,
    Unes

Noone cares.
  • Options
    Unes wrote:

May God Bless us all,
    Unes

You're either (a) taking the piss or (b) a fucking weirdo.
  • Options
    I've laid my opinion concerning Bush aside because of the angry responses people tend to give you.

Either you dont like him or you do. No need to start picking on eachother. It's a subjective debate, pick your side.
  • Options
    Picking on each other is a major part of politics, im sorry to say.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I've laid my opinion concerning Bush aside because of the angry responses people tend to give you.

Either you dont like him or you do. No need to start picking on eachother. It's a subjective debate, pick your side.

Yeah whatever weirdo.
  • Options
    Blaming Bush for one of the biggest hurricanes in US history now?

Christ, that man must have God like powers to be able to summon something like that.

:lol:
    Wow, you're totally, like, the first person to make that remark... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    Hi Thunderstruck,

Thank you for the long post. I think you need to visit my site TheTruthShall.com
    Please read the link "Good and Bad, Angels and Devils"

May God Bless us all,
    Unes
    You need to fix your 'proof of God's existence' link, or is that deliberate?
  • Options
    Broken link

Hi Uncle Joe,
    I am working on the content of that broken link. It should be ready by the end of september.

May God bless us all,
    Unes
  • Options
    just a suggestion but you could put that "may god bless us all" thing in your signature so that you don't have to write it again and again.
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    Hi Uncle Joe,
    I am working on the content of that broken link. It should be ready by the end of september.

May God bless us all,
    Unes

hi...your ma's a gay cunt, so's your da, and your preacher, fuck I love that american mojo...ohhh yea your preacher said the CA mojo is almost as good as the taxan one...gonna have to get a taste of that! na fak away off
  • Options
    fookin pissed! hehehe
  • Options
    Picking on each other is a major part of politics, im sorry to say.

Anger in politics is just a sign of immaturity and lack of passive debating skills, im sorry to say.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Anger in politics is just a sign of immaturity and lack of passive debating skills, im sorry to say.

Bullshit. If things don't make you passionate and angry then why bother in the first place?
  • Options

Hi folks,
    I see some people are getting disturbed by this post! The question is if they are not interested in the material of this post why do they bother to read them?
    I guess that is a natural behavior if they don't have the intelligence to grasp the content then they would show their frustration somehow.

Unes
  • Options
    Unes wrote:
    Hi folks,
    I see some people are getting disturbed by this post! The question is if they are not interested in the material of this post why do they bother to read them?
    I guess that is a natural behavior if they don't have the intelligence to grasp the content then they would show their frustration somehow.

Unes

Oh, I´ve been so longing for the day when I get put down by a self-righteous bible-basher.

But yet Unes, I put it to you. I have posted on this thread several times and not once have you actually answered, contested, agreed with or denied anything I wrote. I put it to you to practice what you preach and actually read the posts.

I was trying to be constructive in my earlier posts but seeing as you are just being so fucking santimoniously blind to anyone whose opinion might differ slightly from yours, I can see why people are resorting to just calling you names. So get off your gilt-edged soap box and either start actually answering people in a manner different from that of a patronising priest who only deigns to talk to us to humour us, else go away and never come back.

No one appreciates being unnecessarily put down or patronised on this board, especially by a evangelical American.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    You're either (a) taking the piss or (b) a fucking weirdo.
    both.