Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

would you refuse a drug test at school

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toadborg wrote:
    Do you object to security checks at airports?

That's still woeful.

1. Airport checks are for my safety.
    2. Airport checks are not intrusive.
    3. Going to airports is not compulsory. If I don't go to an airport, my mum doesn't get sent to prison.
  • Options
    The point was not specific to the drugs in schools issue

I was just reponding to the general notion suggested by several people that the only reason they need for not agreeing to checks is that they are not guilty.

I think that is bollocks and I think the fact that few objects to airport security checks highlights that.

Bit of a diversion really but pertinent I think.........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    I was just reponding to the general notion suggested by several people that the only reason they need for not agreeing to checks is that they are not guilty.

As I said, how about we make you pee in a cup every day then, check it to see you're not drinking too much, eating healthily, not doing anything you shouldnt?

You've got nothing to hide.
  • Options
    What has that go to with anything.

Drugs are illegal as is taking a gun on a plane, eating unhealthily is not........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Drugs are illegal as is taking a gun on a plane, eating unhealthily is not........

So its purely because they are illegal that we should stop kids using them?
  • Options
    No but that is an obvious factor in why you would want to discourage it.........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    No but that is an obvious factor in why you would want to discourage it.........

Yes and obesity and health related diseases kill far more people anaully than drugs mate.
  • Options
    Yes but you are deliberately missing the point if you cannot see why discouraging hard drugs like cocaine and heroine is different to discouraging crisps, chips and chocolate, aren't you?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Yes but you are deliberately missing the point if you cannot see why discouraging hard drugs like cocaine and heroine is different to discouraging crisps, chips and chocolate, aren't you?

No not really, heorin causes no pjysical damage to the body and if it was legal and free, you can live a perfectly normal life on it. Same with junk food, ok in moderation, very dangerous if you do too much, you seem to think that because heroin and cocaine are drugs and are illegal they must be inherently worse than junk food when it's quite clear if you fuck about with both you will probably die.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

So "the law" itself is a reason not to do something? Can't you think for yourself?

And we aren't talking about encouraging or discouraging drug use. I've already pointed out why drug tests can't be anything other than harmful - firstly, taking action on those who the fail the test is lunacy, taking drugs doesn't equate to poor academic performance, and secondly, if you didn't take action, then the testing is absolutely meaningless.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:

And you know how often you'd have to test to get someone for heroin dont you? Its gone from the body in 24 hours, crack goes even quicker.