Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Removing children because...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I took the opportunity to read through some of the threads you've started and I've come to the conclusion that the part I've highlighted isn't necessary.

Hmmm ...relevant.

Any chance of doing the whole debating thing as opposed to posting this crap?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    For people to make their money then they generally have to be successful in a career which necessitates the development of many of the same skills needed for parenting.

come again...........you think making money and having a successful career is somehow related to the qualities needed to be able to raise kids well?........way off the mark pal.
  • Options
    I can see what he's saying...having a stable career/finances suggests a responsible and mature attitude. It doesn't mean to say that all people with succesful careers are good parents, nor does it mean that people who are unemployed are bad parents.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    I can see what he's saying...having a stable career/finances suggests a responsible and mature attitude. It doesn't mean to say that all people with succesful careers are good parents, nor does it mean that people who are unemployed are bad parents.

Nicely done. :thumb:
  • Options
    i think you have to define what makes a successful career...........if you mean something you are dedicated and committed to that's one thing........i don't think there is any correlation between financial stability and good parenting.........like you said, poor/unemployed people aren't irresponsible or immature, i have no doubt they are among the best parents, because they can show their kids the meaning of life beyond $.......that's not to say that rich parents can't, btw......
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    That's cute and everything, and any idiot can see that, but at exactly what point is it fair to remove someone's children not because they're at risk of abuse, but because they have not a lot of cash, at what point is it acceptable to remove someone's children not because they're at risk, but because ONE parent has a learning disability. By that logic, MoonRat, myself and numerous other thesite poster's should never have kids.

If this is truly acceptable, as soon as one of a child's parents because seriously unwell, the children should be removed, which we all know is bollocks.
  • Options
    i thought you all might be interested in an alternative view on the original case being talked about here

My reaction is that it serves the social services right for trying to rip someone's kids from their parents because they don't have money.

If someone did that to me I'd be the same. So should any right-thinking individual.

Not for the first time, ginner seriously scares me with his opinions.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Not for the first time, ginner seriously scares me with his opinions.

Congratulations, you've made my ignore list.

First time, on any messageboard, I've felt like using it.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Congratulations, you've made my ignore list.

:yippe:

You love me too much to not read what I say. Just you watch.
  • Options
    If there is a question of your kids being taken into care and you meet with social services (my mum was a social worker for years)

And then you use violent language and actually physically attact them then realy this goes beyond resonable behavure.

My mum told me of a case she had to investigate where there had been complaints by a neighbour because "marijuana" (did you like the way I spelt that right) had been smelt and there were kids in the house, my mum was pissed off with having to investigate this she was sure its was a silly complaint (friends of hers had had the odd joint in the house when I was a kid shed had a puf or 2)
    Any way so she phoned up the school and were told the kids were OK then she had to go round the house, and the parents were very nice and friendly my mum did her report saying the kids were fine then came home had a good moan about having to spend time on this when there were important things to do.

So there you have it the threat however mild or understated that your kids might be taken away when my mum turned up on the door, suspose shed been swore at and assulted, (she was on 2 occasions by clients but not badly, a bruse once and shaken another time) do you think my mum would have then been right to report that the kids were safe, if shed been assulted on their doorstep.

If that was you and a social worker turned up at your house saying there have been complaints can I come in and have a chat, would you hit them, or politly convince them that your fine.
  • Options
    So what you are saying is that the criteria for being a good parent is being polite to strangers who threaten you and yours?

It doesn't chill you to the bone that some people you have never met can just whip away your kids whenever they feel like it if they decide to for whatever reason they fancy?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    So what you are saying is that the criteria for being a good parent is being polite to strangers who threaten you and yours?

It doesn't chill you to the bone that some people you have never met can just whip away your kids whenever they feel like it if they decide to for whatever reason they fancy?

You may have no faith in the professionals, yet you don't believe in the existance of this country. Removal of a child from a home and their parents is not a quick and easy decision, it's something that's considered. I wonder how in touch you actually are with reality.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Well I dont accept your first point, If a complaints been made or there is a reason to investigate (victoria Climbeia) then there has to be an investigation made, the fact that in this case my mum was fairly sure the kids were fine but had to go round so she could see the house (cover herself) is a corrct and necessary thing to do ?

"polite to strangers who threaten you and yours" no thats when a burgeler armed with a knife comes round or a violent tramp (say) uses sexual abusive language to your kids in town, a social worker coming round saying can I ask you a few questions is a totaly different thing.
    Unless your arguing that complaints of abusive or violent behavure should never be investigated then your argument dosnt stand up.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    :yippe:

You love me too much to not read what I say. Just you watch.

Would Love reading what you say rather than love you methinks,,,,
  • Options
    You may have no faith in the professionals, yet you don't believe in the existance of this country

One follows the other. If there is no country, is no state then what you have is a group of unnaccountable men and women with insane beliefs and lots of force. Dangerous.
    Removal of a child from a home and their parents is not a quick and easy decision, it's something that's considered.

According to criteria set by some guy in an office somewhere, who while well meaning etc etc wishes to control other humans to get what he wants. Dangerous. Those criteria could be almost anything - being a "bit jewish" or whatever. The problem isn't what goes in, it's that it exists at all.
    I wonder how in touch you actually are with reality.

Try it sometime, it's a bit of a harsh place, but it's better than being insane.
    Well I dont accept your first point, If a complaints been made or there is a reason to investigate (victoria Climbeia) then there has to be an investigation made

I don't agree with this at all. There needs to be no place to complain too, for a start. Why don't you accept my first point, btw?
    "polite to strangers who threaten you and yours" no thats when a burgeler armed with a knife comes round or a violent tramp (say) uses sexual abusive language to your kids in town, a social worker coming round saying can I ask you a few questions is a totaly different thing.

"Social worker" is a nice political description. Factually there is no difference between them and a kidnapper. Well, I suppose that kidnappers don't tell you i's for your own good.
    Unless your arguing that complaints of abusive or violent behavure should never be investigated then your argument dosnt stand up.

No it's never right. Even from a "government" employee. Stop thinking about it as though a "social worker" is anything more than another human being for a moment, with nothing special about them whatsoever.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    One follows the other. If there is no country, is no state then what you have is a group of unnaccountable men and women with insane beliefs and lots of force. Dangerous.

According to criteria set by some guy in an office somewhere, who while well meaning etc etc wishes to control other humans to get what he wants. Dangerous. Those criteria could be almost anything - being a "bit jewish" or whatever. The problem isn't what goes in, it's that it exists at all.

Try it sometime, it's a bit of a harsh place, but it's better than being insane.

I don't agree with this at all. There needs to be no place to complain too, for a start. Why don't you accept my first point, btw?

"Social worker" is a nice political description. Factually there is no difference between them and a kidnapper. Well, I suppose that kidnappers don't tell you i's for your own good.

No it's never right. Even from a "government" employee. Stop thinking about it as though a "social worker" is anything more than another human being for a moment, with nothing special about them whatsoever.

Thats just soo full of shit,

criteria is layed down by law, in the example I gave if my mum had gone back and said, well it was OK but they were a bit Jewish I think we should take the kids off them, shed have been sacked.

ITs never right to take peoples kids away from them well sometimes it is.

Just answer this if kids are being tortured and raped and stands a good chance of being killed then its never OK to remove them yeah ? (and this happens)

If you heard your neighbour rapping his daughter every night you think it would be NAZI to have a system in place to report that, and you think it would be wrong for anybody to do any investigation um ?

Theres no difference between a social worker and a kidnapper, just listen to your self will you.
  • Options
    Thats just soo full of shit,

You are soooooo missing the point.

The "law" comes from people - that is that it's other people's opinions, written down. It's just paper and ink, nothing more or less than that, though people try to make it out to be more than that.
    criteria is layed down by law, in the example I gave if my mum had gone back and said, well it was OK but they were a bit Jewish I think we should take the kids off them, shed have been sacked.

The point is, if that guy who wrote the criteria had included "being jewish" in his writings, you would get a nice, dangerous majority who would happily go along with him and start the kidnapping right away. This sort of power is dangerous. Not saying your mum would have, she could have always quit and been replaced by someone who would.
    If you heard your neighbour rapping his daughter every night you think it would be NAZI to have a system in place to report that, and you think it would be wrong for anybody to do any investigation um ?

See, this is a huge part of the problem. Why the FUCK would you "report it" rather than go around with a big fucking stick and sort it yourself?

And this isn't about this extreme example, it's about this social engineering shit where the "authorities" can decide whether you are fit to have children based on how quickly you kowtow to them. And it's wrong. If you can't see why, then it's your luck out.
    Theres no difference between a social worker and a kidnapper, just listen to your self will you.

Yes, theres no difference between tony blair and an intelligent mafia don, no difference between a tax man and a thief. it goes on and on. Quite how the political label makes the things they do "ok" is beyond me totally.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    That's cute and everything, and any idiot can see that, but at exactly what point is it fair to remove someone's children not because they're at risk of abuse, but because they have not a lot of cash, at what point is it acceptable to remove someone's children not because they're at risk, but because ONE parent has a learning disability. By that logic, MoonRat, myself and numerous other thesite poster's should never have kids.

If this is truly acceptable, as soon as one of a child's parents because seriously unwell, the children should be removed, which we all know is bollocks.

That's also cute and everything :rolleyes:
    and nowhere did I or anyone else say that it was appropriate to remove somebodys child because they don't have much money or if one parent has a learning difficulty. As any idiot could also see. :p
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    You are soooooo missing the point.

The "law" comes from people - that is that it's other people's opinions, written down. It's just paper and ink, nothing more or less than that, though people try to make it out to be more than that.

The point is, if that guy who wrote the criteria had included "being jewish" in his writings, you would get a nice, dangerous majority who would happily go along with him and start the kidnapping right away. This sort of power is dangerous. Not saying your mum would have, she could have always quit and been replaced by someone who would.

See, this is a huge part of the problem. Why the FUCK would you "report it" rather than go around with a big fucking stick and sort it yourself?

And this isn't about this extreme example, it's about this social engineering shit where the "authorities" can decide whether you are fit to have children based on how quickly you kowtow to them. And it's wrong. If you can't see why, then it's your luck out.

Yes, theres no difference between tony blair and an intelligent mafia don, no difference between a tax man and a thief. it goes on and on. Quite how the political label makes the things they do "ok" is beyond me totally.

We have to have the law, its decided by in the main democracy so in this country it wouldnt be "a bit Jewish" as a criteria, you might as well say we should never obay any laws as they could all be changed to make it Illegal to do anything.

And I would report it if I went round with a big stick, Id get done for assult (lets say I failed to kill him) and the rapes would continue, in this system Id report it he'd go to prison be on the sexual offences register and the kid would get councling and be moved out of that situation.

are you honestly trying to tell me you want to make it ok for neighbours to assult each other or kill each other ifthey suspect any abuse is taking place.
    Shorly you ned a court and a judge to decide these things in which case you need a system to report it.
  • Options
    We have to have the law,

nope.
    its decided by in the main democracy so in this country

No it isn't.
    you might as well say we should never obay any laws as they could all be changed to make it Illegal to do anything.

Sounds good to me. I would have one "law" - do what you want but hurt no one. if you do, make amends.
    And I would report it if I went round with a big stick, Id get done for assult (lets say I failed to kill him) and the rapes would continue, in this system Id report it he'd go to prison be on the sexual offences register and the kid would get councling and be moved out of that situation.

All of which assumes "the law" which i told you i think is the problem, not the solution.
    are you honestly trying to tell me you want to make it ok for neighbours to assult each other or kill each other ifthey suspect any abuse is taking place.

No. I expect you to use defensive force for the innocent, and no one else. I never said attack anyone, i said go around with a big stick and sort it. they might not be the same, neh? All you are doing with "the police" is using threats, so why not?
    Shorly you ned a court and a judge to decide these things in which case you need a system to report it.

If the court system wasn't hopelessly corrupt I would agree with you. it is so I don't.
  • Options
    Why is it that nearly all threads in P+D seem to end up with an off topic hypothetical "conversation" between Klintock and one other person?
  • Options
    Put klintock on ignore, if everyone did it then the problem would be solved!!

(Why won't people listen to me..........!)
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Put klintock on ignore, if everyone did it then the problem would be solved!!

(Why won't people listen to me..........!)

I enjoy reading his posts. I disagree with 90% of what he says, but there are gems in there from time to time. I'm currently reading "A second look at the federal reserve" because of his posts. It really is a genuine insight into how the American economy works (or doesn't work!).
  • Options
    The American economy works pretty well last time I looked.........
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    The American economy works pretty well last time I looked.........

:lol: you are kidding right..........?

click

and that's only national debt, american private debt is estimated to be in the region of $40+ trillion.........

and as the world revolves around the dollar when that goes it takes us all with it........god bless america ay.
  • Options
    No I am not kidding.

Assuming you are judging whether an economy 'works' by the living standards it provides for those within it then the American economy works very well indeed because the vast majority of the population enjoy a very high standard of living.

An economy that doesn't work would be one that leaves the majority in poverty or with iotherwise low standards of living i.e. many African and Asian economies.

Would you rather be an American or Congan?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    That's also cute and everything :rolleyes:
    and nowhere did I or anyone else say that it was appropriate to remove somebodys child because they don't have much money or if one parent has a learning difficulty. As any idiot could also see. :p
    :) excellent, glad we agree.

But it's an interesting thought, when I was younger, my mum had cancer, and was in no condition to look after me, and I was most definatly still a dependent child, nor was my father really around, he had a job, and my mother to look after. Should I have been taken by social services? Would that of helped my mother recover, and me to cope?
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    No I am not kidding.

Assuming you are judging whether an economy 'works' by the living standards it provides for those within it then the American economy works very well indeed because the vast majority of the population enjoy a very high standard of living.

An economy that doesn't work would be one that leaves the majority in poverty or with iotherwise low standards of living i.e. many African and Asian economies.

Would you rather be an American or Congan?

well that's like saying would you rather live in the 1st or 3rd world.......? that doesn't mean america has a good economy........i think you might be surprised by the living standards a lot of americans have, especially since clinton started slashing welfare.........among the industrialised nations they actually have one of the poorest records.........and i also tend to judge an economy on its fiscal status, call me weird.......

ETA: the american economy is actually propped up by the rest of the world investing billions everyday, because oil is traded in dollars, it is the current global currency, that's why they say all america exports is dollars.........the actual domestic economy is pretty bad.......if oil should ever start trading in euros you would see the knock on effect instantly.......
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Yes, though I think there would be fewer from affluent families and areas. For people to make their money then they generally have to be successful in a career which necessitates the development of many of the same skills needed for parenting.

Rubbish. You only have to look at drug crime to realize that, I've known more people from well off or middle class backgrounds involved in this over the years than working class and thats just one example.

At what point does love help one in making a successful career. Hmmmm...
  • Options
    ETA: the american economy is actually propped up by the rest of the world investing billions everyday, because oil is traded in dollars, it is the current global currency, that's why they say all america exports is dollars.........the actual domestic economy is pretty bad.......if oil should ever start trading in euros you would see the knock on effect instantly.......

Oh lumme you hit a nerve here -

http://www.rferl.org/features/2000/11/01112000160846.asp

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Iraq/Iraq_dollar_vs_euro.html

Was the real reason for war in Iraq the threat to the almighty dollar?

Might start a new thread on this....