Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Am I Too Young?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a fifteen year old, obviouslynot die-hard Catholic and I have a nineteen year old boyfriend. We started having sex on our three month anniversary. I was raped when I was eleven so it took me a long time to warm back up to guys and this was the first guy I even kissed after the incident.

I'm totally in love with him and he's moving in with me next week. I'm graduating from high school next year and my mom doesn't have a problem with us being sexually active as long as we are using protection.

I'm just looking for a few opinions here. Am I too young to be sexually active? Do you guys think I should stop?

~* I think it's my choice but it's still not publicly accepted. I'm rather confused whether I should be or not but I've been watching this board for weeks and I'm rather curious as to what the members have to say? *~

Comments

• Options
    If you're asking us, you're probably not ready.
  • Options
    If you feel ready, and you are certain you are ready, and your boyfriend has not pressured you into it then I don't think you are too young emotionally.

You are legally too young for sexual intercourse in the UK, though. I expect the Wyoming laws are roughly the same.
  • Options
    Probably stricter in fact.
  • Options
    aslong as u feel ready,and that u havnt been pushed into anything.
  • Options
    Well yea, he didn't push me at all. He had offered up the idea before hand and I had told him no because of the whole incident earlier had scared me half to death.

I practically memorized the law when he and I had first start dating and I know it front and back now. It's all legal here in Wyoming, unfortunately where we are moving it is not. Age of consent in Wyoming is 15 or three years which he turns nineteen later this month so I'm ok on that, but in Maine (where we're moving) it's 16.
  • Options
    I think if you both wanted to, it was legal, youre using protection,youre both in a similar age group, and your mum doesnt have an issue with it, pretty much says to me that its ok.
  • Options
    Technically a 19 year old having sex with a 15 year old constitutes statutory rape. He could be jailed for that, would you really want that to happen to him? Laws are there for a reason whether or not you agree with them.
  • Options
    I think, if you're being responsible, and you truly love one another. It's fine. From another sexually-active 15-yr-old girl's view ;)
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Technically a 10 year old having sex with a 15 year old constitutes statutory rape. He could be jailed for that, would you really want that to happen to him? Laws are there for a reason whether or not you agree with them.

Think you have miss read the post mate
  • Options
    I think as long as you're mum is ok with it, that's the biggest problem over with. When are you 16? Normally I'd say be careful but I think you have been. Make sure you stay safe and use protection and things though. I also think your boyfriend must be a really good guy to have understood like that, so go you :).
  • Options
    I would say your too young for him. Girls your age seem to absolutly love older guys for apparently no reason (It happens to me interestingly) If you're absolutly sure you can trust him then fair enough, just make sure he's not just trying to get in your pants. Guys can be very convincing on that front.

I wouldn't say you're too young for sex. I began having sex at 14 and have no regrets whatsoever. Just be careful.
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know why a 19yr old male wants or needs to sleep with a 15yr old girl...

Can't he get a girlfriend his own age??

Ilora x
  • Options
    ^ 100%agreed.

That's what I asked my b/f when I was 17..he was 23. Bad idea, in hindsight..
  • Options
    I'd be interested to know why a 19yr old male wants or needs to sleep with a 15yr old girl...

Can't he get a girlfriend his own age??

Ilora x
    its hardly that big an age difference.
    Its legal, her mums ok with it, she waited 3 months before sleeping with him.

my husband is 6 years older than me. Is that because he cant find someone his own age?????? I dont think so.
  • Options
    When are you 16?.
    Im not sure why that matters when the age of consent where she lives is 15.
  • Options
    Im not sure why that matters when the age of consent where she lives is 15.
    Because she's moving to somewhere where it's 16 ;p.

Btw - I was gonna say something along the lines of your other post, but couldn't think of a way to put it which wouldn't give them another line of argument.
  • Options
    There is no such thing as statutory rape in the UK.

This girl can legally have sex at 15 where she lives, but not in the next state. Is that law there for a reason? IF it is, would you acre to elaborate what reason that might be?

Four years is not a very big age gap really.
  • Options
    Personally, I think a 19yr old and a 15yr old isn't right.
    A 32yr old and a 29yr old, yeah sure... but when one partner is still a child, then I think that's wrong.

I certainly wouldn't go after a 15yr old boy that's for sure... people would call me a cradle snatcher!!

But that's just MY opinion.

Ilora x
  • Options
  • Options
    I thought I had problems coz im 19 and my girlfriend is 17 (1 year and 4 months age gap). But 15 and 19 is a little wrong, sorry just my opinion.
    I wouldnt go running round trying to shag 15 year old girls, i find it sick but then I do have strong opinions.

Anyway if you love eachother then go for it. Also as your mum is ok with it then dont worry you will be fine.
  • Options
    Think you have miss read the post mate

Oops meant to write 19 not 10! lol corrected now :razz:
  • Options
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    I wouldnt go running round trying to shag 15 year old girls, i find it sick but then I do have strong opinions.

Would you sleep with a 23 year old?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Would you sleep with a 23 year old?

Yes i would but im a 19 year old man, 3 years older than the UK legal age of concent. I just personally think that some guys around my age only go for younger girls because its their fetish.
  • Options
    id hardly call going for someone who happens to be a few years younger, a fetishist. Its a bit extreme. Youre talking as though 19 is old and 15 is a baby. if a 15 year old is a child, then so is a 19 year old.
    You might think now that youre oh so much more mature than a 15 year old, but give it a few years and youll soon see that there really isnt much in it.
    Thats beside the point anyway, shes in America. The state she lives in has its age of consent law at 15. She is above the age of consent. Her boyfriend is within her age range. Shes sleeping with him after waiting a decent amount of time to be sure. Her mother is ok with it.
    I really dont see whats dodgy about it.
  • Options
    if a 15 year old is a child, then so is a 19 year old.
    You might think now that youre oh so much more mature than a 15 year old, but give it a few years and youll soon see that there really isnt much in it.

There isn't, is there?

I think 19-year-olds are bairns, if we're going to go down that road. They certainly aren't much more mature.

And I'm now going to go into one of those "it happened to me therefore what I say is true!" things. My mum was 15, my dad 19, and I'd hardly say it was fetish after 28 years of marriage.

I don't see what the problem is, either. The age of consent is just a figure anyway, as this girl shows. She's mature enough to have sex in one place but not in another- does she regress when she crosses the border or something?
  • Options
    First I want to thank each and everyone on of you for your support and your beat downs, but I do believe there are some things that need clearing that I thought I made evident in the beginning but maybe I didn't push it enough.

I'm a 15 year old female in Cheyenne, Wyoming USA. I've raised two kids on my own for a year already, (siblings) when my father had to leave the country for work purposes. I was raped at 11 and I am graduating from high school next year.

As "girl with sharp teeth" indicated it is a proven fact that woman mature much faster then men. Hence why so many women go out there looking for older men. It's not that he can't find someone his own age, it's that a girl his own age can't tolerate him, he's just not mature enough.

It troubles me to say that I exceed him in many levels of intelligence, all except sexual. He will be nineteen this Tuesday and we will be moving that same day. Yes, for all those concerned birth control and other preventatives have been used each and every time.
    "younger girls because its their fetish."

It is not a fetish as I stated earlier in this post, it's because most of the time older girls are not able to agree with the maturity level of the younger guys.

To explain just how different my boyfriend and I truly are I'll explain a bit more. Details seem to keep everyone from confusion here.

I've been through two divorces with my parents, and remember both of them.
    His parents are divorced but he was too young to remember.

I was in Algebra 1 in seventh grade, a ninth grade class.
    He had to take sixth grade over again.

I am one year from graduating high school in the International Baccaleaureate Program.
    He graduated this past year.

Does that outline the maturity precedences for you guys?
  • Options
    i'm also a 15 year old female, though i'm not sexually active and never have been. However, exactly a year ago today i started going out with a guy who had just turned 18, sounds bad i know but to be honest, we were both on the same level of maturity throughout the whole relationship. We're not together anymore but what i'm saying is, if you're both being sensible about it - are using protection and your parents are ok about it plus where she is she is legally allowed to have sex - i dont really see a problem. Just because she's moving where its a year older shouldnt really make a difference. No one's gonna find out....and over here - you hear about underage girls getting pregnant all the time by older guys, and no one ever seems to do much about it. Just my thought.
  • Options
    Well, according to John Q Law, you are too young.
  • Options
    She seems to have her head firmly screwed on especially a lot more than some 15 year olds.
  • Options
    Yeh good point you do seem like a very mature and intelligent girl and im not knocking you what-so-ever. You seem sensible enough so go for it i wish you a happy relationship.

I was just stating my opinion, i live in a very wrong part of essex where older men walk the streets and find some young 14/15/16 year old girl pissed out of their head just so he can shag her in an alley and be done with it. A lot of sick stuff happens round here and its worrying.

But hey you seem intelliegent enough, just try not to embaress your guy with all this algebra stuff ;) can be embaressing lol