Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homosexuality, right or wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What happens if you fire blanks? Are you not allowed to have sex ever?
  • Options
    You know, I'm hoping he does...
  • Options
    The word of God is absolute!

Who are you to question it?

T to the R to the O double L
  • Options

I'm the real God.

And I'm telling you I'm nothing like the 'god' described in that 'bible' of yours.

So stop disrespecting Me and start worshipping if you don't want end up in the wrong place.

P.S. I'll mail you a copy of my Holy Book, The True One, so you know what My rules and Testaments are etc etc.
  • Options
    It's sick!

Sex should ONLY be for reproduction!!!
    Do the Catholic Clergy know this??? :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do the Catholic Clergy know this??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I've heard that if you bugger a choir boy enough he can actually get pregnant.
  • Options

If I question it then will you send me pathetic Emails again?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've heard that if you bugger a choir boy enough he can actually get pregnant.
    :lol: !!!

And God said "It is OK to be homosexual if thou art buggering young boys, for this is the will of the Vatican, and htey are the Holiest of Holies, funded by Nazi Gold."

Sex is ONLY for reproduction? Yeah, RIGHT. Then WHY did God make it enjoyable? Eh?

Ah, these religious nuts are so fun! Shame they reproduce like anything, because they also beleive Birth Control is a sin. Even if you do have AIDS.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Sex is ONLY for reproduction? Yeah, RIGHT. Then WHY did God make it enjoyable? Eh?

So people would do it you twat.
    they also beleive Birth Control is a sin. Even if you do have AIDS.

Using birth control is not desirable.

Being promiscuous and using drugs is what causes AIDS, not the use (or lack of) of condoms.

If everyone lived by Church teaching AIDS would disappear in a generation. Fact.
  • Options
    But not living by what the Church do... they should follow their own damn teachings and set an example.

Yes, but if you have AIDS, you should actually use birth control... It's not nice to go and spread it on to others, at all.

Only for reproduction issue... isn't that why in some countries they practice circumcision of both sexes? Apparently it's meant to take away the pleasure. (Though it doesn't seem to work.) And reproduction is out of necessity to contiue survival of the race. Sex for pleasure is as it says.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    So people would do it you twat.

Using birth control is not desirable.

Being promiscuous and using drugs is what causes AIDS, not the use (or lack of) of condoms.

If everyone lived by Church teaching AIDS would disappear in a generation. Fact.
    Speaking of the church, I remember in sociology reading that there's a very low suicide rate among Catholics too, probably because they can confess their sins when they want whereas a lot of other denominations and religions can't.

I think people would have more respect for each other if society was less secular. Nobody has respect these days, kids run around screaming and grow in to teenagers who throw bricks at OAP's bungalows. Whilst I disagree with the church on many levels, if those children were conditioned in to consequences for their actions then maybe they'd behave.

But I don't think AIDs would disappear Kermit. Perhaps in the UK yes, but not at all in Africa and countries in poverty.
  • Options
    But I don't think AIDs would disappear Kermit. Perhaps in the UK yes, but not at all in Africa and countries in poverty.

If everyone obeyed the Church then it would disappear.

Those with AIDS wouldn't infect anyone else, and would die. Their partners and children would die. They wouldn't reproduce. AIDS would be gone.
  • Options
    Indeed. If we all followed the Bible, the world would be a better place.

But if we all followed the Church, it wouldn't. There is a rahter important distinction to be made here. As well as the fact we should expect worse from the church with the new SS Leadership.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    But if we all followed the Church, it wouldn't. There is a rahter important distinction to be made here. As well as the fact we should expect worse from the church with the new SS Leadership.

Sleeping around is not desirable.
    Injecdting drugs is not desirable.
    Abortion is not desirable.
    Women should be mothers first.

I don't see what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    Ugh, lets look at the Church shall we:

Raping Choirboys is good.
    Nazi's are good as they give us Gold, even if they do murder our congregations.
    Taking people's money is desirable.
    The Mafia are good chaps because they confess their sins and pay us.
    Money is the way to Heaven.
    Mussolini was a very nice chap.
    Blacks are not desirable.
    Everyone who disagree's with us is wrong, God is right, and he says it is OK to wage war on the heathens. We must kill in his name.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If everyone lived by Church teachings women would be treated as worthless shit, families would have 12 kids on average and be poor as fuck, homosexuals would be stoned to death, masturbators would kill themselves out of remorse, cohabitating couples would be jailed and those who worked on the Sabbath would be slaughtered by their neighbour- to name but a few.

Well... it all seems a small price to pay if we can get rid of AIDS. Everyone please switch to Church teachings living on my count. One... two...
  • Options
    Speaking of the church, I remember in sociology reading that there's a very low suicide rate among Catholics too, probably because they can confess their sins when they want whereas a lot of other denominations and religions can't.

First, there is no biblical model for the confession of sin in a specific sense (ie, today I looked at this woman, as opposed to I have problems with lust) in the way catholics do.

Second, just because there is no structure for confession, as the catholics do, doesn't mean there isn't a model for accountability, and having people to talk to.

Third, the likelyhood is, that the reason catholics have a low suicide rate is because it is considered a mortal sin. All sin is forgiven, because you are alive to be repentant, except suicide, you sin by taking your own life, and are too dead to repent. So, it's a direct, no-stops, express ride to hell. At least, that's the catholic theory.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    First, there is no biblical model for the confession of sin in a specific sense (ie, today I looked at this woman, as opposed to I have problems with lust) in the way catholics do.

Second, just because there is no structure for confession, as the catholics do, doesn't mean there isn't a model for accountability, and having people to talk to.

Third, the likelyhood is, that the reason catholics have a low suicide rate is because it is considered a mortal sin. All sin is forgiven, because you are alive to be repentant, except suicide, you sin by taking your own life, and are too dead to repent. So, it's a direct, no-stops, express ride to hell. At least, that's the catholic theory.
    Yeah but isn't suicide a sin in all Christian denominations?
  • Options
    No. At least, as far as I know, and that is "No". It's catholic dogma, and I can almost see where they've got it from, but it's not technically biblical doctrine.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    No. At least, as far as I know, and that is "No". It's catholic dogma, and I can almost see where they've got it from, but it's not technically biblical doctrine.
    So you don't think that confessing sins could elleviate stress? Thus making somebody less likely to commit suicide?
  • Options
    I didn't say that at all. I'm saying that catholics don't have a better system for "confession" just because they have a straight-jacketed structure. I fail to see why confession is a factor, because in every church there should be the oppurtunity to talk to someone, only catholics make it a rule.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    As well as the fact we should expect worse from the church with the new SS Leadership.

Strictly speaking he was in the Hitler Youth rather than the SS. Given that families were sent to concentration camps for refusing to join and they were already in the Nazi's bad books because his Dad had resigned from the police rather than serve the Nazis its probably asking a lot of 12 year old
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I didn't say that at all. I'm saying that catholics don't have a better system for "confession" just because they have a straight-jacketed structure. I fail to see why confession is a factor, because in every church there should be the oppurtunity to talk to someone, only catholics make it a rule.
    But in other churches is the person forgiven for their sins once they confess?
  • Options
    No, they're forgiven once they talk to God.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    No, they're forgiven once they talk to God.
    Then why do they tell a priest?
  • Options
    That's what I've always wondered.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Strictly speaking he was in the Hitler Youth rather than the SS. Given that families were sent to concentration camps for refusing to join and they were already in the Nazi's bad books because his Dad had resigned from the police rather than serve the Nazis its probably asking a lot of 12 year old

I heard he was in the Youth SS on the news. Meh, bloody Media always exagerate.

But come on, like someone brainwashed at that age would ever forget it? But then again, he should fit in with the others... Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, sounds like a days work for some Catholics.
  • Options
    Far be it for me to condemn a major religion, but anyone who has read the bible will know that it is full of inconsistencies. Thus it would be worth taking everything with a pinch of the stuff that Lot´s wife was turned into.

I´m agnostic (formerly an atheist) but I cannot stand militant Christians. Imposing your will/views upon other people is fascism. And everyone knows they were very naughty people.
  • Options
    I´m agnostic (formerly an atheist) but I cannot stand militant Christians. Imposing your will/views upon other people is fascism. And everyone knows they were very naughty people.

How true. Militans of any religion, be you an Islamist, Christain, or whatever, is nothing more than Facism.
  • Options
    Far be it for me to condemn a major religion, but anyone who has read the bible will know that it is full of inconsistencies. Thus it would be worth taking everything with a pinch of the stuff that Lot´s wife was turned into.

What about militant political groups?