Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Homosexuality, right or wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If they are gonig for a full on song, yeah, as I said above. But betwee anyone a quick kiss or hug is ok.

Going for it in the middle of the street is a bit nasty.
    But people do when they're drunk.
  • Options
    when i say kissing i meant snogging
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    If they are gonig for a full on song, yeah, as I said above. But betwee anyone a quick kiss or hug is ok.

Going for it in the middle of the street is a bit nasty.

You'd hate me and my missus then.
  • Options
    Im not homosexual but i think that love can exist between two people not matter what sex they are. How ever i believe it is incorrect for a homosexual couple to bring up a child.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I don't mind a peck or hug between anyone.

A full on snog though... just fuck off. I don't mind gays discussing anyone else's body, but you know, you get right cunts who sortof make it public. Like someone striaght shouting out "Nice arse" down the street. I don't like that either. Anything like that for any sexuality should be stopped, but some gays claim discrimination on it and abuse the fact they are gay. Like Women getting cheapr car insurance than men, because it's "sexist" if they have to pay the same. x(

I did see once the reason was that while women on average have more claims they are likely to claim less. Wish I could remember where I saw that statistic. Would google it but its late.

Seem to remember it had something to do with the nature of accidents. Women apparently are more likely to smash a tail light or something and guys roll cars (probably less extreme but you get the idea)

Might not be true anymore.
  • Options
    If you are an adult with another adult and it's right for you...it's right.
  • Options
    If it's right for you it's right.
    I don't respect any religious person who finds reasons to hate based on any religious book.
  • Options
    I am happy for people not to agree with homosexuality to not even like it, but as soon as that steps over the line to ill treatment or judgement then its totally unacceptable.

'Judgement is mine says the Lord' if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    Perhaps people should realise once and for all that it is completely wrong and irrelevant to judge people and their actions based on the writings of a 2,000 year old story book.
  • Options
    If it's right for you it's right.
    I don't respect any religious person who finds reasons to hate based on any religious book.

dam right! its silly, I just can't understand why people do that, why can't they be open minded and make their own views for a change.
    Old people are dead against homosexuality, well just because it wasnt accepted when they were young doesn't mean it shouldn't be now! times change!
    Again as I say on most things, if its not harming others then what is the problem?
    Yes, you might say families are damaged by it, but thats only because most of the time they want grandchildren.
  • Options
    being a fag is so wrong, i mean eeww, its just disgusting, i was friends with a guy who was gay, but i mean, its like i really fancied him, but he wouldn't go out with me, so we stopped being friends, it so disgusting, guys shouldn't kiss other guys, and girls should kiss girls, its thats simple
  • Options
    being a fag is so wrong, i mean eeww, its just disgusting, i was friends with a guy who was gay, but i mean, its like i really fancied him, but he wouldn't go out with me, so we stopped being friends, it so disgusting, guys shouldn't kiss other guys, and girls should kiss girls, its thats simple

Says who? Right and wrong a very relative notions. What is right to you may disgust me and vice versa.

It´s someone´s personal choice you loser. Just because the person you fancied turned out to be gay doesn´t mean you should dis him like that. The fact that you stopped being friends becuase of his sexual preference is a very poor reflection on you, not him. And please don´t use gay-bashing terms like fag. They have enough to deal with without prepubescent skaters like you calling them names.
  • Options
    Indeed, 'fag' really isn't acceptable in this context, and homophobic posts are not permitted on these message boards. Obviously in the context of this thread it'd be unfair to simply remove such a prejudiced post, but Skate Mosher, you should know it's damn close to the line of what's acceptable.
  • Options
    girls should kiss girls, its thats simple

Agree

and they should do it whilst nekkid, film it and let me join in :thumb:
  • Options

Yeah, to most people the idea is disgusting, but people don't "choose" their own sexuality. People should be free to have relationships with whoever they want.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Its "wrong"? Says who? No-one. For fucks sake, its been gonig on for YEARS. Probably just as long as straight folks and done each other, so have homosexuals. Honestly, look as Anchient Greece, the Romans, and there you are. Both indulged in it.
  • Options
    According to Gibbon one of the main reasons why the Roman empire fell was due to the rampant homosexuality in the empires ruling classes.#

Although the Spartans had a battalion of hoplites who were all homosexual lvoers and as a result they fought like madmen to protect each other and were the most feared unit in the Spartan army.
  • Options
    lmao is this a parody post?
  • Options
    lmao is this a parody post?

I think this forum's purpose is mainly to ask and answer, debate or agree...

but he was just forwarding his opinion, right or wrong. But yeah, i do agree that the post is a bit extravagant.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I think this forum's purpose is mainly to ask and answer, debate or agree...

but he was just forwarding his opinion, right or wrong. But yeah, i do agree that the post is a bit extravagant.
    I thought the mosher was a woman?

And I did think the post wasn't serious, looking at the other one in the entertainment forum.
  • Options
    Why was being gay (or being with someone of the same sex) illegal in the 1960s?
  • Options
  • Options
    Da batty man dem evil!

Penis into vagina, not penis into ass!
  • Options
    What about anal sex between a man and a woman
  • Options
    It's sick!

Sex should ONLY be for reproduction!!!
  • Options
    then how did we end up with a bastard like you
  • Options
    Out of sex that God commands!!!!!!
  • Options
    Googled it...

Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet."

Leviticus 18:22: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." 8

So basically it's Ok to be gay as long as you do it standing up?

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

The word of God is absolute!

Who are you to question it?
  • Options
    I didn't realise God wrote the bible himself.
  • Options
    Sex should ONLY be for reproduction!!!

So it doesn't have to be in marriage then? Does this mean that I can have sex with anyone woman, provided that I don't use protection?

Thing is I'm starting to get confused. So many religious zealots and so many different messages. Just the other day, someone on these boards told me that having sex with a woman would make her lose her essence.

Now you say it's okay if we plan to reproduce. What if we fail, what if we don't conceive, does that make our sex a sin?