Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

manchester shopping centre stops goff girl entering

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    z0ma wrote:
    :yeees:

What the fuck are you on? It's a preference. I've got mates on both ends of the spectrum, and to be honest I'd rather hang out with the 'chavs'/scallies than the 'goths'. And what?

And can only be a good thing in my opinion. The goth birds round here tend to be fat ugly fuckers with their tits spilling out everywhere, I don't wanna have to catch a glimpse of that as I'm picking out something nice for the old dear. :razz:

haha :lol:

yeh if you know the people youre on about its ok but in general theres knobs of all kinds out there so you nevr know unless you know them
  • Options
    Well I'm a loner and so don't hang out with chavs or goths. :razz:
  • Options
    prejudiced scum

i talk to anyone, if they annoying they annyoing, and if i get on with them i jsut do, how it should be....

Humourless twat. I was kidding. I don't really care.
  • Options
    yeh but why if i havent done anything illegal or unethical thati should have to have my hood down, i dont have my hood up normally im just saying why should people be forced to

if someone is scared of me with my hood up then theyre the ones with the problem, not me and i shouldnt be punished for someones insecurities

It's due to a small minority of people that misbehave in this country as to why people are asked to conform to such rules. If you don't like it, don't shop there. Easy, really.

ETA - It's rarely that I feel threatened by anyone - but I can promise you, that the people who do make me feel a bit scared are people wearing hoods - because you can't see their face. It does freak me out a bit when I'm walking on my own somewhere quiet. It's nothing to do with insecurities. If you see a guy with a balaclava on, hiding his face, you're bound to be a little suspicious, yeah? Same with hoods - I like to be able to see peoples faces. Not that it makes me any safer - but it certainly makes me feel more at ease.
  • Options
    It's due to a small minority of people that misbehave in this country as to why people are asked to conform to such rules. If you don't like it, don't shop there. Easy, really.

ETA - It's rarely that I feel threatened by anyone - but I can promise you, that the people who do make me feel a bit scared are people wearing hoods - because you can't see their face. It does freak me out a bit when I'm walking on my own somewhere quiet. It's nothing to do with insecurities. If you see a guy with a balaclava on, hiding his face, you're bound to be a little suspicious, yeah? Same with hoods - I like to be able to see peoples faces. Not that it makes me any safer - but it certainly makes me feel more at ease.

we don't need to make people adhere to some counter delinquency rule just because a couple of people don't want to identified when they are shoplifting.
  • Options

i know it may look threatening but wearing a hood doesn't make you more or less threatening as a person, people who wear hoods do it to look cool and hard, it's a fashion statement, not a "i'm a threatening person" statement, although we get that impression as a society...
  • Options
    we don't need to make people adhere to some counter delinquency rule just because a couple of people don't want to identified when they are shoplifting.

Repeating what I said before, if you have nothing to hide, you won't mind taking your hood down. Who the fuck wears a hood inside anyway?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it's a fashion statement, not a "i'm a threatening person" statement, although we get that impression as a society...

That's my point. Society sees it that way.
  • Options
    That's my point. Society sees it that way.

yes but you yourself said you would be threatened or not at ease...personally i wouldn't, i wear hoods sometimes, not a big deal, a group of hoods with knives or sticks in their hands, thats a different matter altogether...
  • Options
    Repeating what I said before, if you have nothing to hide, you won't mind taking your hood down. Who the fuck wears a hood inside anyway?

couple of my friends do. I'm not gonna try to use the "slippery slope" argument here because it isn't really applicable. But I will say that it isn't the place of a security guard to tell one of my friends to take their hood off simply because he questions my friends motives.
  • Options
    Who the fuck wears a hood inside anyway?

superstitious folk...sure do! joke, it's a fashion statement, an atteniton seeking statement, want to look different, inside or outside. teens have always done it and always will...
  • Options
    The real question here is about force, and it's use.

If someone is just pottering about, dressed in any particular way, at what point are you justified in initiating force against them, when all they have done is dress a certain way?

To put it another way......... is it a good thing that one person can apply force to another anywhere, at any time, merely to enforce their own views of how things should be?

Btw, anyone with any sense knows that the most dangerous criminals wear good suits and speak softly. The idea that you can make yourself safe by altering someone elses dress sense is fucking idiotic. Oh look theres Dennis Nielsen and Peter Sutcliffe, but it's ok, today they have suits and ties on!!! Now we are completely safe. :rolleyes:

Grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    admit it klintock, it's all the states fault ;)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    The idea that you can make yourself safe by altering someone elses dress sense is fucking idiotic.

:yes:That say's it perfectly.

It just goes to show that the situation where the Goth was turned away is just an example of prejudice.