Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

whats this new craze liquid ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think we might be in danger of over-intellectualising the much more alluring aspect of pill use by teens which is that it is, in fact, the BEST THING EVER when you are that age. It IS window; the first thing i said when i came up on my first pill when i was 15 was 'How can feeling like this be wrong'.
    Over intellectualising? I certainly hope so.

You are right though, its a good feeling, certainly value for money at £1 a pill. Better than alcohol.
    well thats conclusive now isnt it...because one pill cant be that strong can it?

My money's on you having a particularly strong pill; and whos to say some of the pills you'd been getting werent MDA or other amphetamine derrivatives?

I fully appreciate the possibility that the pill I had may have been a particularly strong pill therefore my theory that my tolerance levels had decreased would be void. However it is somewhat possible to attempt to guage pill quality and effectiveness by seeing the effects on those around you.

The same people who I had been caining pills with the summer before were the same people I was with a year on. While I had been abstaining, they had been continuing. The summer before we had been taking relatively the same amounts. One year of abstinence on, and it was taking me alot less pills than them to reach the similar highs. In this case, just the one pill did the trick.

Now I know it's not a conclusive or scientific argument as the pills weren't tested, so I can't be sure but for now, I can only put it down to decreasing tolerance levels.
    Many people do experience lowering tolerance levels if they dont take pills for a long time.

I think what Martin was getting at was that the reason for this probably isnt a physical re-growth in the brain, its probably just a hightening of the seritonin levels. But given we havent cut open your brain and had a look we dont know.
    no quite right but lets be clear about what I meant by tolerance.

When i was talking about tolerance i was talking about physical chemical interactions with the body and nothing else. I appreciate that most people when they talk about tolerance are talking about their subjective experience of E over time, which can as we all know, vary. The bodies physical tolerance to MDMA does not reduce significantly over time but the subjective experience and operational capacity in which the drug is working (your brain) does and many report benefits in experience from abstinence and lowered dosage levels.

Just thought i'd my position there :)
    But I wouldnt totally agree with that.

Yes there maybe some long term neuron damage, but apart from that there should be no long term damage anywhere else in the body.

And theres nothing to say that those remaining receptors wouldnt make up the spare as it were, meaning comparable levels of seritonin.

And given that all the user has is the subjective experience, talk of physical tolerance when they cant feel it is somewhat redundant.
    Not when we get to higher levels of use its not...

I'll dig this up for you in short order (when i can get my Addiction Psychiatry Doc on the blower/email) but there is apparently frightening evidence at the chronic end of E use. Not just in terms of implications in brain chemistry, but in the manner in which the body begins to deal with and excrete E...it actually gets used to it so this is suggesting which would collate with other findings with other amphetamines in chronic usage patterns...

The chemical itself is excreted quicker, the action on the brain is dulled, chronic use ususally precipitates a state of temporary serotonin depletion in production so its off to a loser any way.

This is the context in which it is not redundant...

And im sorry if i didnt make this clear, where did i talk about bodily damage?
    Well I supppose as an amphetamine related chemical physical tolerance isnt completely out of the question, I suppose people havent used it so often until recently.

I havent heard of there being a physical tolerance to the drug, though of course users do find less and less returns from the drug.
    And im sorry if i didnt make this clear, where did i talk about bodily damage?

I meant a long term physical tolerance, which doesnt appear to happen with many drugs at all.
    I think we've finally got to what i meant, sorry.

There is evidence that MDMA does have a physical toleranc but most people have never done enough to get a decent one, like alcohol only even harder to attain.

We havent had the usage patterns to show it up until recently but its scarey...something about calling them 'sweeties' that is frighteningly close to reality.

The science behind this i think was more based on inferrence, because the reduction rate for tolerance in chronic use just wasnt decreasing...

Im going to make a point of researching this because im actually intrigued as to how the Doc came by this and how the science behind it is constructed...
    I know someone who has a amphetamine tolerance which seems to be the same now years after he stopped doing it regularly than it was then.

But then amphetamine tolerance is well known.
    yeah thats what im getting at, we've had chronic amphetamine and methamphetamine users since one was marching through Europe!

Look at the evidence for it in meth studies in the US, frightening.

We just havent had the usage patterns to show it up in MDMA, and also it is masked by the fact that its a psychoactive where the others arent to such a degree.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Martin, I asked before but you didn't say - do you have any links or references to the information you are reading? I would be very interested in reading up about it. Oh, and I'm not ignoring your PM, just have to talk to the people who know.
    Well MDMA is methamphetamine with NO2 strapped on the side.

You dont have to look to old examples of methamphetamine and soldiers, its still used, and it was used massively in Vietnam.
    im aware of that, and LJ, i'm going to do a bit of researching to see if i can turn up any studies of similar about it, what im arguing off at the moment was a very interesting conversation with a Doctor of Addiction Psychiatry who gave us a lecture.

I asked him about MDMA tolerance and we got onto the issue of chronic use, and he confirmed to me something i read god know where that i didnt know whether to trust or not that MDMA tolerance doesnt dissapate within the human life time.

What i will do is go and do some Google-digging and DrugScope poking and see what i can turn up, but i may have to wait a while for this to come through from my medical source..
    But what classifies as 'chronic use' for each person will be different and will only ever apply to those who use way above the norm.

However, if younger people are using the drug they maybe more susceptable to it.
    well of course this will vary but lets just say that 7-20 pills per session pretty damn chronic for most.
    7 beans in one night isnt considered chronic use by many people.

Given rough measurements thats about 350-700mg of MDMA which is quite a bit in one go.
    i dispute that on the basis that increase in dose is the factor, not the prevailing number of people who use at this level.

7 was the tail end of a wide spectrum i gave because i believe that (i mean we all know we are working bloody roughly here) dosage variations and individual physicality can make this constitute chronic use.

Just because alot of people dont think its exceptional doesnt make it not chronic.
    i dispute that...

Just because alot of people dont think its exceptional doesnt make it not chronic.

I wasnt saying that wasnt chronic use, I was saying that to many people 7 pills isnt what they would term as chronic use.

4 or more seems to be definately normal now.
    oh ok then.

bloody hell i mean we never thought we were pushing the boat out at 4-6 pills, although never did more than 6 and that was only because they were (we thought at the time) crap.
    Whats frightening is the amount someone takes does tend to be one of those dick measuring contests.

There seems to be respect and bravado in how many you can take, when it really should be about the high.
    how manys times have we heard 'Look at x / did you see x on friday night, he was fucked! ho ho did you see what his face looked like'.

People who live with people who do that tell a different story, they are there when the party's over and through the sunday, monday, tuesday and beyond.

You dont get the same reaction.
    Well quite, a mate of mine used to pop beans loads, caining 10 or more quite often.

At a party he was asked how many he'd had by a girl and he said 'about 20 I think' she slapped him and told him he was being stupid.

I dont think he's done them more than about once a year since then.
    Reality check
    Well quite, especially as he was relatively sober at the time.

Nice bloke, shame he like Terrorcore and wierd scary music.
    be thankful theres a reality left there to check
    I know fellas who used to tan about 20 pills over the period of about a day e.g. at an all day clubbing event. It was fucking ridiculous but realistically there comes an upper limit so to speak (usually around 6 pills in most cases I know) where subsequent pills will have little or no effect, am I correct? I always inform people of this, when they think they are the 'big men' for tanning 15 yo's. Pathetic.
    He's actually quite a well paid manager with a big firm now, so it seems not to have hampered his brain too much.
    confusing

well, after reading this forum reply to my original message....which im greatly overwhelmed to the reply, it still proves my own personal point no one actually knows the truth and i think this is why people like myself are in this buble that they cant seem to get out of, "is drugs that bad if you take them once in a blue moon?"

"should i do it one last time?"