Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

global economic collapse.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Any talk of the US suddenly disappearing or being 'crushed' or initiating a global economic collapse is absolute bollocks and there is no point in me entertaining you by trying to debate that. Apollo had some valid points but ruined them by saying the USA was trying to 'seize thje worlds natural resources'.
  • Options
    MR, Don't let Mats obviously indoctrination into the happy unquestioning consumerist delusion of the never ending status quo get you so riled. He's more of a charicature than he even realises and never has anything of substance beyond mere sloganeering to offer any serious discussion.

If he wants to believe that Alan Greenspan, arch liar to the public that he has long been, is the world's foremost economist (as if any single economist, especially one so politically involved with maintaining appearances, held singularly definitive authority on the inevitabilities of the US economy) then let him. His folly will be all the more laughable in decades to come when the economic backlash kicks in and leaves him (and those similarly in denial) with all his beliefs and misplaced faith in tatters.

You and I have lived long enough to appreciate the cycles and their increasingly painful repercussions. Let the lad live in candyland for now, reality will bite him hard in the end.
  • Options
    Do you know who Alan Greenspan is? The most respected and authoritative economist on the planet and Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Can you provide some evidence for the first part of the 2nd sentence?

seeker
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Can you provide some evidence for the first part of the 2nd sentence?

seeker

cos alan is uber cool... :shocking:
  • Options
    LOL. Apollo, here's some fodder if you wish to waste more breath on this dolt...
    The USA's Global Resource War

By: Nigel H Maund, Economic Geologist

“The Epic Struggle for World Hegemony”

By

Nigel H Maund

BSc(Hons)Lond., MSc, DIC, MBA, MIMMM, SEG

Economic Geologist

Overview

The war for commodities is central to the scramble for political hegemony and economic survival of the US as the sole world hyperpower and determinant of the world to come according to its own model, rather than face a world where this cultural, economic and political hegemony is not only challenged but eclipsed by the growing industrial and geopolitical might of Asia. (see link for full article)

http://news.goldseek.com/CliveMaund/1110121201.php
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Any talk of the US suddenly disappearing or being 'crushed' or initiating a global economic collapse is absolute bollocks and there is no point in me entertaining you by trying to debate that. Apollo had some valid points but ruined them by saying the USA was trying to 'seize thje worlds natural resources'.

Yeah, who would have thought the Great British would fall? Wasn't the Titanic unsinkable? The Romans? The Russian Empire even?

Even "mad" men like Stalin knew no empire will ever last for infinity. Shame folks like you can't realise it.

I am afraid I have no option but to use labels like "tool", "brainwashed" and "ignorant" here. Open your EYES AND EARS, ffs, and unplug that propaganda wire the US Government has in your head. Your going to fall, your ignorance will only make that fall harder and stronger.

After all, Iraq was just going to be a cake walk according to US Intelligence, was it not?
  • Options
    let him live in his fantasy world...i'll be the one laughing when everything just hits him in the face at once
  • Options
    LOL. Apollo, here's some fodder if you wish to waste more breath on this dolt...

http://news.goldseek.com/CliveMaund/1110121201.php
    thats some heavy shit clan!
    thankyou.
  • Options
    Always happy to provide real analysis to those with minds to learn, MR.
  • Options
    for mat ...taken from link below.

It's quite possible that the Bush-led junta will create a Weimar Germany style financial crash to usher in a complete Nazi-like police state.

another l0oad of stoned junkies no doubt.

link .. http://www.new-enlightenment.com/militarismindex.htm
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I hope China or Russia or someone won't put up with this. !

remeber when dubya came to power ...he made a speech in which he said that this was going to be the american century ...and if anyone ...including china and russia tried to interfere with american plans ...america wiould use everything at it's disposal to neutralize those people.
    heres where the mat calls me a stoned paranoid junky ...

remeber ...people were like ...whoooaah ...your as good as saying you'll nuke anyone who gets in the way ...mr bush ...you can't say things like that. but he did and does.
    remember most reasonably sane people dreading this mans rise to the whitehouse ...'there will be wars and mayhem all over the place ...anyone remember these things?
  • Options
    Yeah, who would have thought the Great British would fall? Wasn't the Titanic unsinkable? The Romans? The Russian Empire even?

Not once have I said that the US hegemony would never end. WHat I am trying to put forward here is that the US is still the worlds strongest and most stable nation state, and its position at the head of the League table will remain secure for several generations more at the very least.

After all, Rome lasted for 600 years. The US has had 200 so far.
    After all, Iraq was just going to be a cake walk according to US Intelligence, was it not?

And it was. 2000 troops dead in 3 years? Thats nothing.
    I am afraid I have no option but to use labels like "tool", "brainwashed" and "ignorant" here. Open your EYES AND EARS, ffs, and unplug that propaganda wire the US Government has in your head. Your going to fall, your ignorance will only make that fall harder and stronger.

Undoubtedly the US will fall, but certainly not in my or your lifetime. It is you who should be opening his eyes, get past the propaganda (mostly left wing) that the anti american brigade forces down your throats here and look at reasonable economic, social and political trends. The USA is healthier than ever.
  • Options
    2000 dead people are nothing?
  • Options
    In the grand scheme of things, they would be considered expendable. After all, we are talking the secutiry of the whole USA here. The fact that the US public are willing to accept casualties as a result of 9/11 should prove to you their resolve and determination in this new century.
  • Options
    I don't think the US public are willing to accept it. What has Iraq to do with 9/11 btw?
  • Options
    ) the anti american brigade .
    there you go again!
    believe me ...it is not generaqtions away.
    it is a few years at the very most ...like five to ten years ...probably less.
  • Options
    Do you know who Alan Greenspan is? The most respected and authoritative economist on the planet and Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Heres what he said to say about the current economic 'crisis':

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/hh/2005/february/testimony.htm

:lol: if that's your source you must be having a laugh......neutral? this guy has been lying out his arse for the last few years, and getting away with it.......

as for the iraq war, i do recall mr rumsfeld saying it may take 6 weeks, maybe even 6 months.......do you really think the american people thought they'd be bogged down 3 years later, no sign of return?......the yanks have such a short memory mind, they were told saddam was good buddies with osama and somehow responsible for 9/11.......that was half the pretense for the invasion in america, quickly forgotten of course.........

as for grabbing the world's resources, wtf do you think PNAC is all about? :banghead: , you obviously didnt read the link i posted on scarce commodities......

i am only anti-american in the sense that i am against their lifestyle of excess, gas-guzzling, burger-guzzling, hoarding everything at the expense of the rest of the world, the very epitomy of consumerism/capitalism.........it won't last long, but that is of little comfort to me as it will drag the rest of the world down with it.........and when it does most of america will be too fat to get off their couch never mind start protesting against their crappy government.......
  • Options
    Apollo, read the link I provided for you on the preceeding page.
  • Options
    Clandestine can you give me any good reason why your sources are any more credible than Matadores link to Alan greenspan's testimony?
  • Options
    Apollo, read the link I provided for you on the preceeding page.

;) aye interesting stuff, i had no idea how wasteful the u.s. was with oil back in the day.........as for peak oil, i read somewhere the russians assume an abiotic-model as the basis for their oil drilling, and they have now become one of the world's top producers........in fact western scientists have now admitted oil can be formed abiotically, although this is widely suppressed.....there are some interesting research links i would post but i'm on the wrong computer.......

and toadborg if you read that link you will understand why alan greenspan is not a reliable source of info, i knew he was corrupt but the article spells it out pretty clearly.......
  • Options
    Fair enough, an interesting opinion, but not fact, just one opinion of many learned opinions on the US economy......
  • Options
    no but what is fact is that mr greenspan chairs the fed reserve, a consortium of privately owned banks, whose interest it is to protect the already fragile dollar, by concealing any frailties in the economy..........that's like bush arguing that america is doing well in iraq, both have a clear bias so how can it be credible info.......
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yeah, the US has AGES left.

Lets look at time scales:

The First Reich was the Holy Roman Empire. Last a fair while, no?
    The Second Reich was the German Empire. Didn't last as long, but did well.
    The Thrid Reich lasted... a few years.

Seems Empires are getting less fashionable these days.

Iraq was a cake walk? Yeah so much so, you have FAILED TO DO WHAT YOU SAID. SEVERAL TIMES. Also don't forget the Injured US Soldiers, not just the dead. Once again, your governemnt failed to expect Guerilla war and prepare for it, and got kicked in the arse.

You were meant to be out of Iraq, it was meant to be a stable Democracy by now. Is it? No. Vietnam: They paid the highest death toll. They also won. The Winner isn't the guy with the least casualties.

US is healthier than ever? Sure, tell yourself that. So did many other people, and felt safe that their large empires were quite invunerable. Mostly left wing? WTF? PLENTY of people from ALL OVER the spectrum are concerned about this. After all, they just happen to LIVE in that country. They have ever righ , whatever view they take, to be concerned over economic problems. Your not a Regean-esque "Commies are teh evils!!!1one" type, are you? Or hope is lost...
  • Options
    Thank you apollo. Toadborg, my previous comment about Greenspan's political motivations for whitewashed public announcements (which do not match the bulk of "learned" and legitimate economic analysis as well as empirically observable fact across the US as increasing numbers are sliding into poverty) have been well known for a long time.

Greenspan's ultimate concern is not for the wellbeing and future prosperity of the general public, it is and always has been for those big money entitites whose global hegemonic reach make for further profit opportunities through market speculation. Mat may wish believe Greenspan speaks for the interests of the masses, but he already has shown how little he comprehends of the mechanisms and political agendas driving the US economy into the ground (even as it shifts investments to rapidly burgeoning markets in Asia).

In the end those whom Greenspan serves will continue to fatten their coffers regardless of the suffering their criminal machinations bring to bear on both US and European citizens (debt is profitable business in its own right). Remember that The Fed is not a government institution beholden to the people, it is a private corporation to whom the US economy was treacherously sold out in 1913.

The article for which I provided the link is far more trustworthy for its willingness to touch upon the globalist agenda and its institutionalised machinations and the repercussions they will engender. You wont ever hear Greenspan offering such transparent and comprehensive admissions.

Some poignant quotes to consider:

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. "... - Thomas Jefferson

"Whoever controls the volume of money in our country is absolute master of all industry and all commerce ... and when you realise that the entire system is very easily controlled, one way or another, by a few powerful men at the top, you will not have to be told how periods of inflation and depression originate." -- President James A. Garfield, just a few weeks before he was assassinated on July 2nd, 1881.

"By a continuous process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method, they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some....The process engages all of the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner that not one man in a million can diagnose." - John Maynard Keynes Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the National autodetermination practiced in past centuries"--David Rockefeller in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting in June of 1991

"[The New World Order] cannot happen without U.S. participation, as we are the most significant single component. Yes, there will be a New World Order, and it will force the United States to change it's perceptions." -- Henry Kissenger, World Affairs Council Press Conference, Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel , April 19th 1994

"We in the Congress have a moral and constitutional obligation to protect the value of the dollar and to understand why it is so important to the economy that a central bank not be given the unbelievable power of inflating a currency at will and pretending that it knows how to fine tune an economy through this counterfeit system of money." -- Dr. Ron Paul, US Congressman, R, Texas
  • Options
    clitical.jpg
  • Options
    So the Fed is part of a secret plot to garner the wealth of the US by inflating and weakening the dollar?

Why then may I ask has the US generally had quite a low inflation rate?
  • Options
    Because they keep creating money out of thin air, in the form of credits/loans and mortgages and taking it back in real goods.

Inflation is when there is too much money in the economy and the worth of each dollar drops. If you control the amount of currency, inflation is pointlessly easy to manage. The advent of credit/debit cards takes actual cash out of the economy and puts it all on paper, so inflationary pressure doesn't arise (unless the central bank wants it too, of course).

The next stage is to take money out of the economy all together, first by having ID cards for everyone, and then computerising the economy as much as possible.
  • Options
    In what way does a loan create money out of thin air?

That money is as real as anyother money, just because it is on a computer databse rather than a piece of paper does not diminish its worth.....
  • Options
    Yeah. If only.

You deposit £10,000.

The bank know from long experience that they only need £1000 in the vaults to cover what you might want under normal circumstances. They lend out £9000 (of your money). They then add this £9000 to the asset side of their business (cos it's money they are going to get back with interest) and keep £900 of it to cover the books. They then lend it out again, knowing that they only need to keep hold of so much to cover day to day expenses. And again.

So from a deposit of £10000 they will lend out nearly a hundred grand, expect interest on what they have lent out and that money has never existed. As it has never been physically printed, it can never be repaid. Unless, some one gets another loan from some other bank (or the same one) in order to over the debt. It's called the credit asset ratio and usually runs around 9-10%

Money is worthless if it isn't linked to any goods. Banknotes entitle you to nothing from the bank. They are promisory notes promising nothing. in a sense you are right, as the money printed on the screen is just as worthless as the money in your pocket. The only thing keeping the whole thing going is confidence and ignorance.
  • Options
    If this were the case why do we not see inflation running into double or triple figures?