Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The quickest way to rob a man..

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep.

Wb Blagsta.
  • Options
    Its complete abstracted bullshit, totally divorced from anyone's life. How about looking at what matters - people's working conditions and pay and the fact that people are not paid the full value of their labour? You'd get a much better response from people if you were more down to earth.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Hobbesian?

Yes, Hobbesian. Y'know, Thomas Hobbes 17th Century philosopher, well known for his views of human nature without government being a war of all against all.
    klintock wrote:
    I am a hypnotist, amongst other things, and I know that you can get people do things against their best judgement, see things that aren't there etc etc if you are persuasive enough. (Not that I ever have got people to go against their judgement, just that I am aware of the principles involved and what you can do with them)

What has this self aggrandising and innacurate bullshit got to do with anything?
    klintock wrote:
    Not too fond of "human nature" though and don't really hold my view as some sort of universal constant, more like a "that's what it looks like from here" with an option to change my mind the second new data comes in.

You're contradicting yourself left right and centre. You generalise about human beings then say that you don't hold this view as a constant. Make your mind up.
  • Options
    Lol.
    What has this self aggrandising and innacurate bullshit got to do with anything?

You asked me how I came to these views. I told you. The statement was completely accurate. What's up mate?
    You're contradicting yourself left right and centre. You generalise about human beings then say that you don't hold this view as a constant. Make your mind up.

Read it again. -
    Not too fond of "human nature" though and don't really hold my view as some sort of universal constant, more like a "that's what it looks like from here" with an option to change my mind the second new data comes in.

I hold it as a constant until new data comes in. Provide some please so I can change my views. I am more than happy to change my POV if I am proved wrong.
    Its complete abstracted bullshit, totally divorced from anyone's life. How about looking at what matters - people's working conditions and pay and the fact that people are not paid the full value of their labour? You'd get a much better response from people if you were more down to earth.

Until you realise how the con occurs you can't fix anything because it's a systemic problem.

To take as an example, people's working conditions, why do they accept less than they should get? Because they think there is a system in place that makes it so. Know that there is no system and go from there, as opposed to begging the rulers of the supposed "system" to give you what you can just reach out and grab anyway.
  • Options
    You and reality aren't that well acquainted are you?
  • Options
    Lol.