Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this forum under a co-ordinated attack from a fascist/trolling group?

It's starting to look that way to me.

The number of new/newish/recently banned or suddenly active individuals who have suddenly started posting their rather "peculiar" views on various subjects is certainly well above what we average at any other time.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid and should lay off the joints for a bit eh?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's an election coming up too. Funny that.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

:yes: me too
  • Options
    and the fact this place is just getting bigger and bigger

while membership might go at a certain rate, trolls tend to stick out liek a sore thumb more than the normal nice users would

so much eeasier noticed in a crowd
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

The number of new/newish/recently banned or suddenly active individuals who have suddenly started posting their rather "peculiar" views on various subjects is certainly well above what we average at any other time.

Are you talking about me? :flirt:
    Rich Kid is giving right-wingers a bad reputation, get rid of him.

:D
  • Options
    Call me paranoid - but I think some of them are left wingers posing as right wingers by taking extreme positions and then pretending to be mainstream Tories...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Is it some kind of conspiracy? Or as is more likely, you're smoking too much weed. I think its the latter. This forum seems to be filled with pot-heads.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    This forum seems to be filled with pot-heads.
    as is the police force the criminal justice system the army the uni's ...it is worth up to ten billion quid a year in the uk alone you know.
    name me some other industries in this 'green' and pleasant land that turn that kind of money over.
  • Options
    Ah yes, as opposed to the coke snorting untreated alocholic to whom you so reverentially cling. Try harder RK, your hypocrisy is showing.
  • Options
    Ah yes, as opposed to the coke snorting untreated alocholic to whom you so reverentially cling. Try harder RK, your hypocrisy is showing.
    To whom are you referring my friend?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    To whom are you referring my friend?

You're not the sharpest trust fund beneficiary in Chalfont St Peter, are you?

Such a waste of an expensive public school education :nervous:

Anway, back to the subject of the thread - they can't possibly be trolls - they've started an anti-BNP thread.......
  • Options
    I'm sorry I am currently inhabiting the same county as Rich Kid. :crying:

Oh well only 5 weeks until I'm back at uni. :yippe:
  • Options
    You're not the sharpest trust fund beneficiary in Chalfont St Peter, are you?

Such a waste of an expensive public school education :nervous:
    Well tell me oh wise one who is it that you speak of?
    Anway, back to the subject of the thread - they can't possibly be trolls - they've started an anti-BNP thread.......
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is a troll? (apart from being some little blue Dutch person)
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is a troll? (apart from being some little blue Dutch person)

Someone who signs up claiming to be a trust fund beneficiary from Chalfont St. Peter ......

:)
  • Options
    lol, this guy rich kid can't seem to stop posting new topics, each more politically controversial than the last, it does seem suspicious........but then i would say that :)
  • Options
    oh dear oh dear oh dear.

PATHETIC, ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.
  • Options
    The views as well seem to be ones which are racist i would second what people have been saying about some of these new posters...

Even if there do seem to be anti bnp but call me a cynic but it looks like just trying to defect attention
  • Options
    A racist to me is someone who delibrately goes out there way to make life difficult for other people because of the colour of thier skin.

Here it seems to be anyone to the right of the Liberal Democrats.
  • Options
    ........or someone who disguises their true views with the intent of persuading others maybe they're not a racist bigot and maybe have a point..........we've had plenty of those, who's that one who keeps ranting on about multi-culturalism, give me a break we're not stupid.
  • Options
    Rich Kid lives in the safest Tory seat in the country...I know South Bucks well and I'd say um he's quite representative of how many people are there.

Although saying that he makes most Conservatives look like liberals.
  • Options
    quick question apollo........

can you oppose multi-cultralism and not be a racist?
  • Options
    What fun is debating if you don't welcome diversity? How boring would this world be if people didn't have different opinions? I can't say that I am totally aware of what the term "troll" is supposed to mean on this forum, however I would consider a troll to be someone who agrees mindlessly with everyone else.

As far as I can tell, this site welcomes people from all over, with all types of beliefs and opinions, is this not true..... :confused:
  • Options
    come to think of it.

What is a "troll"??

Used to be that thing with the hair didnt it?
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    What fun :confused:
    your sig ...'picka' ...is that not something to do with lead poisoning?
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    As far as I can tell, this site welcomes people from all over, with all types of beliefs and opinions, is this not true..... :confused:

Clearly you haven't been paying attention

:no:

Anyone with a view point mildly extreme (but not leftwing extreme take note) must be a troll and thus shouted at and disapproved of instead of debated with.

Please keep up..........
  • Options
    no - she's my puppy - Pickachu! I call her Picka.
  • Options
    Toadborg wrote:
    Clearly you haven't been paying attention

:no:

Anyone with a view point mildly extreme (but not leftwing extreme take note) must be a troll and thus shouted at and disapproved of instead of debated with.

Please keep up..........

I should have known. :banghead:
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    no - she's my puppy - Pickachu! I call her Picka.
    sorry ...it's pica i'm thinking of!
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    quick question apollo........

can you oppose multi-cultralism and not be a racist?

yes of course you can, i myself think multi-culturalism has its downsides, i just don't blame it for every single problem on this earth like that other poster.........
  • Options
    no matter what youll have problems its called being human, however i prefer the benefits of a diverse and varied populous compared to a bland homogenous piece of shit some of these trolls seem to want, well no they still want minorities, but to be officilally called token :p
  • Options
    Does it matter Aladdin? It's always good to have to defend your viewpoints, it makes you re examine why you believe what you do and sometimes reassess your stance on certain topics. It's very boring always debating with the same people about the same things - new blood, however trollish, is welcome.