Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

new drug on the street!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why not? Erm because there isnt the public voter will to do that.

And of course we can not even if we wanted too.

The best we can hope for under the treaties we have signed is what Holland has, which to my mind is a step in the right direction but still crap.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Why not? Erm because there isnt the public voter will to do that.

And of course we can not even if we wanted too.

The best we can hope for under the treaties we have signed is what Holland has, which to my mind is a step in the right direction but still crap.

I was talking hypothetically FFS.
  • Options
    I know, and I do think the public opinion is moving towards a more and more liberal cannabis enforcement but we will see. There is always the pendulum, happens all the time, it swings too liberal, then too conservative.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    [drug users are] probably in fact better people in general than most non drug users, .

You do talk a lot of rubbish...

turlough wrote:
    you might disagree with drugs in general but you can't say we're all scumbags and that we need help, in fact, it's you who needs the help, go educate yourself on this issue.

What you mean is "You should go and change your opinion so that you agree with me".
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    drug users are usually the most laid back, generous and understanding people you'l get, they're not stuck up snobs like some.......... :chin:

Moronic generalisation.
  • Options
    bit of a generalisation there but with an element of truth compared ,not to the general population but to drinkers on a saturday night.
    i'd choose spending my saturday night with someone who wishes to fly ...over someone who wanted to fight.
    so yes there are times when the druggy is the more trusted companion.
    more the pleasant person to choose from.

That's definately true, alcohol causes many a fight on a saturday night.

But drugs causes social ills too.
  • Options
    You do talk a lot of rubbish...

What you mean is "You should go and change your opinion so that you agree with me".

I talk alot of rubbish. EVERYONE please go to the P&D board and see what this guy has to say about Iraq, nuff said.

Nope i'm saying that drug users aren't all scumbags which is a fact, not an opinion so it's not a matter of not agreeing with someone it's a matter of luke having no clue of the truth and i'm trying to tell him to educate himself
  • Options

what type of drugs?

as has been mentioned before, 90% of users dn't have problems with their use, i bet more than 10% of people who drink cause trouble when they're on the streets.
  • Options
    Moronic generalisation.

It's a generalisation I agree with...most groups of recreational users are generally very laid back, friendly people. Goes with the culture.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I talk alot of rubbish. EVERYONE please go to the P&D board and see what this guy has to say about Iraq, nuff said.
    :thumb:

Yes you talk rubbish. Your arguments contradict each other and you make stupid generalisations as demonstrated on the P&D board.
  • Options
    :thumb:

Yes you talk rubbish. Your arguments contradict each other and you make stupid generalisations as demonstrated on the P&D board.

my viewpoints change daily, secondly actually, depends on my mood, you have a fixed idea on Iraq and it's rubbish, but yes, point taken.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    It's a generalisation I agree with...most groups of recreational users are generally very laid back, friendly people. Goes with the culture.

Perhaps in the specific groups you frequent.

Football hooligans stereotypically use a lot of coke, Afro-Carribean gangs supposedly smoke a lot of ghanj, some heroin addicts have been known to commit a lot of crime to fuel their habit...

Gross stereotypes and generalisations themselves I know but I really don't believe that "90 percent" of drug users are law abiding, "friendly" (?) good citizens.

I'd go so far as to suggest that if you are a drug user you'd be more likely to commit crime than a random member of society. But obviously there are a huge amount of drug users that are otherwise good citizens.
  • Options
    no ...people cause social ills and people also make social improvements.
    look at a gram of coke ...what can it do ...nothing.
    it can sit on the table all lifeless and powerless ...it cannot do anything at all.
    but people!1gram0rz.jpg
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    my viewpoints change daily, secondly actually, depends on my mood,

Ah that explains it... :thumb:

turlough wrote:
    you have a fixed idea on Iraq and it's rubbish, but yes, point taken

I'm willing to be convinced of anything if someone makes a convincing argument with evidence. Which you don't.
  • Options
    no ...people cause social ills and people also make social improvements.
    look at a gram of coke ...what can it do ...nothing.
    it can sit on the table all lifeless and powerless ...it cannot do anything at all.
    but people!1gram0rz.jpg

True....

But by that logic then you must agree that widespread gun ownership is fine?

After all, Guns don't kill people, people do - as the mantra goes.
  • Options

Football hooligans stereotypically use a lot of coke, Afro-Carribean gangs supposedly smoke a lot of ghanj, some heroin addicts have been known to commit a lot of crime to fuel their habit...

Gross stereotypes and generalisations themselves I know but I really don't believe that "90 percent" of drug users are law abiding, "friendly" (?) good citizens.

I'd go so far as to suggest that if you are a drug user you'd be more likely to commit crime than a random member of society. But obviously there are a huge amount of drug users that are otherwise good citizens.

In the words of Blagsta "Oh dear"

Again in the words of Blagsta "Are you on ket?"
  • Options

Most of the football hooligans I know are generally good people. Been watching the Football Factory have we?

Recreational users ain't heroin addicts.

I think what turlough was trying to say...is that your average group of stoner types who take this and that are generally friendly & welcoming people. Which for the most part is very true.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I think what turlough was trying to say...is that your average group of stoner types who take this and that are generally friendly & welcoming people. Which for the most part is very true.

:thumb: it's true too, i smoke, i dabble in harder drugs, i also hold doors open for people, help old women with shopping, i'm far more understanding with certain issues in life, more compassionate as a person, drugs will spirtually change everyone and usually for the good, i'll admit, a dick will always be a dick and there are dicks who take drugs but in the main, we're just decent people.
  • Options
    True....

But by that logic then you must agree that widespread gun ownership is fine?

After all, Guns don't kill people, people do - as the mantra goes.
    it was perfectly legal to buy and sell and own all manner of firearms till this stupid government changed the law ...all was well.
    anyone who knew anything about guns said this change in the law would be a big mistake ...as soon as you make things illegal you are relinquishing control to the boys in the back streets ...and sure enough ...it came to pass.
    law abiding citezens can no longer have guns ...but criminals can have as many as they wish.
    surely ...you would rather have potentialy dangerous drugs regulated and controlled?
    or are you one of the many people who support the criminal and terrorist groups who recieve their huge tax free fortunes from being in control of this supply?
    or ...are you one those who thinks it will all just go away?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:

Yeah key word being trying, instead of saying that he says something moronic.

But the point is, your average group of "stoner types" may seem non threatening and really cool to you because thats the only environment you see drugs being used in.

There are plenty of other people apart from teenage stoners that use drugs.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    In the words of Blagsta "Oh dear"

Again in the words of Blagsta "Are you on ket?"

Actually I'm partly in agreement with groovechampion here. You assertion that stoners are all lovely people and would never hurt a fly is absurd. Some are sound, some are tossers. Much like every other group in society.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    :thumb: it's true too, i smoke, i dabble in harder drugs, i also hold doors open for people, help old women with shopping, i'm far more understanding with certain issues in life, more compassionate as a person, drugs will spirtually change everyone and usually for the good, i'll admit, a dick will always be a dick and there are dicks who take drugs but in the main, we're just decent people.

OOOOH ok!

Youre a really nice guy and you take drugs! :thumb: You should have said!

Drug users must all really nice guys then and are "far more understanding with certain issues in life"! :yeees: :rolleyes:
  • Options

But the point is, your average group of "stoner types" may seem non threatening and really cool to you because thats the only environment you see drugs being used in.

ah yes, you must mean the afro-carribean dope gangs and football hooligan coke addicts :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Actually I'm partly in agreement with groovechampion here. You assertion that stoners are all lovely people and would never hurt a fly is absurd. Some are sound, some are tossers. Much like every other group in society.

*shakes blagsta's hand*

We agree on something! :D
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    ah yes, you must mean the afro-carribean dope gangs and football hooligan coke addicts :rolleyes:

Yeh it was a massive generalisation so that you might be able to picture another group in society apart from the "really laid back, totally cool guys" that you take drugs with.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

i didn't say all where, i said "dicks are dicks and there are dicks who take drugs but in the main, we're just decent people"
  • Options
    it was perfectly legal to buy and sell and own all manner of firearms till this stupid government changed the law ...all was well.
    anyone who knew anything about guns said this change in the law would be a big mistake ...as soon as you make things illegal you are relinquishing control to the boys in the back streets ...and sure enough ...it came to pass.
    law abiding citezens can no longer have guns ...but criminals can have as many as they wish.
    surely ...you would rather have potentialy dangerous drugs regulated and controlled?
    or are you one of the many people who support the criminal and terrorist groups who recieve their huge tax free fortunes from being in control of this supply?
    or ...are you one those who thinks it will all just go away?

I guess I'm partly in agreement there, the fact of making something illegal does give control and profits to the wrong people.

But I still think that there must be a way of controlling and regulating guns or drugs.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i didn't say all where, i said "dicks are dicks and there are dicks who take drugs but in the main, we're just decent people"

Yes, drug users are, in the main, ordinary bods, and like ordinary bods, some are sound, some are tossers. To draw any conclusions on how nice people are from the fact that they take drugs, is absurd.
  • Options
    Yeh it was a massive generalisation so that you might be able to picture another group in society apart from the "really laid back, totally cool guys" that you take drugs with.

you are a gimp.

listen, i'm not saying drugs change a persons personality totally, i'm just saying they become more understanding and compassionate, well most anyway. which is true and only drug users know that, are you in the circle, all you see is dirty chavs sitting in the street corner building skins and burning dope, have you any idea of the social environment we've grown up in, the desperaiton we feel, fuck off.
  • Options

Pretentious little fuck trying to be condescending...very good :rolleyes: .

And who the fuck mentioned "teenage stoners"?

And what environments have you seen drugs used in then, since you're some kind of authority on the subject?
This discussion has been closed.