Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Should I take Ecstacy???

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And of course people who partake in horse riding arent exactly those who make good copy in the cheaper newspapers. Its too ordinary, too run of the mill.

'Perfect school girl torn from us by evil drug pusher'

sells more papers than

'Girl dies after falling from horse'
    When someone takes ecstasy, the focus cannot just be on the pill, for the actual pill is not the majority of the equation. It doesnt make you high, your body reacts and makes you high, therefore each individual makeup is going to be as vital as the pill. Figuring out the contents of your own head is harder than that of a pill.

The classic set and setting arguement, which is as valid with MDMA as it was with LSD in the 60's.
    absolutely...but the 60's was so wonderful wasnt it? all that peace and free love, everyone was happy then were'nt they?

the period 88-94 in this country at least, will never get the same reverence ...there is such an undercurrent even among those who never did anything, save for romanticise the 60's, that while acid is bad and naughty, it was alright then because 'we didnt know' or 'it was a period of freedom and exploration'.

we've never been afforded the same luxury with E. I dont have any first hand experience with psychedelics, not that i wouldnt mind, but to be honest im at least glad that i was allowed the experience of E. You're like a kid who just gone throught the gates of Alton Towers on your first E....suddenly the world is this beautiful place, and you are filled with this eager urge to just immerse yourself in the the beauty of everything, because in the back of your mind you know this wont last.

Yeah, im glad i did that :thumb:
    Who knows, maybe when theres a bigger gap people will look back and get all misty eyed about it, just like they do with the 60's now.
    hmmm i suspect not...seeing as alot of the hippy romanticism comes from people who are not respectable and middle class and all that...

the rave scene and E culture was not political, unified or particularly conscious. and the govenment didnt pass a law to ban 'be-ins'. it was a working class thing, still is really.

so i doubt we'll be allowed to romanticise this particular part of history, save for the time when the decent citizens of middle england sorted out those rabble rousing druggies who were perverting our kids in the late 80's early 90's....meanwhile, at the West Ham/Millwall match...
    You're probably right it was and in a lot of cases still is a lower class affair, especially full raving.

It will be interesting to see where the law goes with MDMA though, there have been so many people using it, many many adults now know its not that dangerous.
    i dont think it'll ever change in the same way the cannabis laws did...for a start pot is more available and easy to cultivate, not everyone can make phet, let alone MDMA.

In terms of perception Marijuana is seen as a 'herb' and natural and therefore 'better'...there is the issue of exactley how it is ingested...it has a massive culture around it which is waaay beyond E...

E is far more comparable to Acid tbh in terms of how it is viewed, and that is NEVER going to be reclassified...
    I'm not so sure about that, it is already de facto decriminalised, and the punishment of users is comparable with a Class B substance.

I think it might move down in the statutes.
    possibly, but people are still being regularly imprisoned for possestion of large amounts 100+ (of course thats a really loose estimate). This hasnt been the case with weed for a little while.

The one thing with drug sentancing is that the opinion of the judcial authority over a particular case will bring his own views to the table, i'd argue moreso than some other common crimes.
    I would suggest that someone with say 33 1/8ths (comparable in dose to 100 pills) would potentially face jail time.