Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Should I take Ecstacy???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.
I am in my teens and was wondering should I do XTC.
Currently, I drink a lot, smoke weed now and again.
I am debating whether or not to try XTC as drinking gets a bit boring?
The only thing stopping me is that I have a heart murmur, and I'm not sure if I could have a nasty reaction to the drug?
I have also seen P.E.P pills on eBay? Does anyone know anything about them?
Hope someone gets back soon.
Cheers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What the hell are PEP pills? and on ebay.... don't be silly...
    You say you're in your teens? how old exactly? It definitely isn't wise to do them at a young age as your brain is still developing and may cause problems, maybe not in the short term but in the long term.
    If you have any doubts about your health, especially heart problems then the risks of something bad happening increases.
    Should you take ecstacy? Do you want to take it? It's a simple yes or no.

I've never heard of pep pills in my entire life, what the fuck are they!?

If you think you've got heart problems then it probably wouldn't be the wisest idea to drop pills but i don't know you, most people in their teens who take pills are relatively fine and don't worry about a thing.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52740&item=3954487381&rd=1

That's what I mean.
    I realise there are better ways to enjoy my evening, I guess I haven't found them yet.
    The answer is probably Yes, I would do pills, but I'm concerned of the risks.
    Those pills most likely contain caffiene and epherdrine... just one of those legal highs that are shite...
    No one can answer the question whether you should do drugs or not. But if you do decide to, do some basic research first and get some harm reduction advice.
    www.erowid.org is a good place to start
    nodiggity wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52740&item=3954487381&rd=1

That's what I mean.
    I realise there are better ways to enjoy my evening, I guess I haven't found them yet.
    The answer is probably Yes, I would do pills, but I'm concerned of the risks.

Well until you are more secure with yourself about the risks then there's fuck all anyone can say, i remember before i tried them i was very weary about taking them because of all the bad media press surrounding pills.
    Thanks for that info.
    Blagsta wrote:
    No one can answer the question whether you should do drugs or not. But if you do decide to, do some basic research first and get some harm reduction advice.
    100%
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi nodiggity, have you had a look at thedrugs and your body and using drugs pages from TheSite? The Ecstacy factsheet may also be worth a look.

There is a warning in the PEP pill information specifically stating
    WARNING PLEASE READ:
    2) May function as CNS stimulant, may cause elevated heart rate and short term insomnia,
    not suitable for persons with any medical condition, mental illness, pregnant or lactating mothers.
    3) Particularly not suitable for any person with any heart or liver condition.
    4) Do not combine with any medicines or drugs.
    Combining with SSRIs, MAOIs or other anti-depressants is contraindicated.
    We strongly recommend anybody on any other medicines don't take the product.
    So I guess that means a no for you. It is also worth mentioning that with a pre existing heart condition, you are in the higher risk category for drug taking and should give this some careful consideration. I would even recommend you get medical advice.
    Blagsta wrote:

:yes:
    Erowid is a good start, but be sure not to take it as total fact.

As for taking these PEP pills with ephedrine in them, I wouldnt, that can cause an irregular heart beat, something I'm sure you dont need, especially with your condition.
    bongbudda wrote:
    As for taking these PEP pills with ephedrine in them, I wouldnt, that can cause an irregular heart beat, something I'm sure you dont need, especially with your condition.
    I couldn't see they said anything about ephedrine, they do say they contain phenylalanine, which is an amino acid. According to the well respected European Bioinformatics Institute,
    Even though these amino acids are deemed essential, their relative amounts in the bloodstream must be tightly controlled. For example, with phenylalanine (Phe), the accumulation of Phe can lead to neurological damage, while too rapid a degradation of Phe will lead to the depletion of stores of this essential amino acid and consequently a decrease in protein synthesis.
    Which doesn't sound that good to me.
    Oh, just someone else mentioned ephedrine and I went on that, many of those 'herbal esctasy' pills have that in.
    Lucky some of us do our research...
    i have to admit if you have a heart murmor its probably wise to give pills a miss. i have asthma and anything more than alcohol makes my breathing more difficult so i woulndt like to specualte about what it might do with a heart murmor. just be careful. and if you are going to take them, get a pill tesing kit so at least you know exactly what you're taking. anything else might have an adverse reaction with your pep pills.
    in saying all that, i wish i'd never taken pills because what you dont know youre missing out on doesnt hurt you. whereas now its harder to say no.
    LadyJade wrote:
    Lucky some of us do our research...

Ooooh! Get you! Fair point though, was a bit sloppy of me.
    Dont think its a great plan!
    surely you can have a good night without them!?
    lexijb wrote:
    Dont think its a great plan!
    surely you can have a good night without them!?

true but you can have a good night out without drink, still doesnt stop people getting wasted, same goes with E's, as for nodiggity, yea what blagsta said.
    The way I see it, somone with a pre-existing health problem, who is in a higher risk category, needs to think about whether their health and possibly their life is worth risking to try it. I would try thinking about other ways to enjoy yourself without getting out of it.
    nodiggity wrote:
    Hi.
    I am in my teens and was wondering should I do XTC.
    Currently, I drink a lot, smoke weed now and again.
    I am debating whether or not to try XTC as drinking gets a bit boring?
    The only thing stopping me is that I have a heart murmur, and I'm not sure if I could have a nasty reaction to the drug?
    I have also seen P.E.P pills on eBay? Does anyone know anything about them?
    Hope someone gets back soon.
    Cheers

If you've got any problems with your heart, you're better off to avoid taking pills, or uppers generally. I know a bird with a heart murmour, and she won't take ecstasy as a result...which is probably a wise decision.

You can give magic mushrooms a go for something different anyway.

I've been taking a shitload of pills recently, yeah it's good, especially at first, but too much E runs you down after a while...makes you feel shitty, anxious, depressed...and of course no-one really knows the long-term effects (fucking up your brain chemistry and all that sort of stuff).

Stick with dope :thumb: .
    I remember my first pill like it was yesterday! Sum of the best night of my life have been from doing a few Mitsi's @One Nation.... :crazyeyes :shocking:

There is nuthing better, however there is nuthin worse.

After a couple of years the come-downs are too hard to handle... :nervous:
    info on pep pills

QUESTION:

ANSWER:
    Well they don't contain caffiene and epherdrine like most people think, they are a step ahead of all other legal highs, already banned in USA and Australia (because of its active ingredients) only available in UK at the moment, they came onto the sceen in october 2004 at the London Hemp Fair and went down a storm, since then people have been raving about them, try reading the review in the UK's Red Eye Express Magazine, Issue 17, article Alternative Highs.
    As for Ebay, If you check now you will notice that the seller is no longer a registered user, this is because Ebay believed them to be drugs and suspended them, just because they were sold on ebay don't think they don't work, believe me, I take them and theres not much difference to e, except you know they don't contain any rat poisen, brick dust etc that is allegedly in e's.
    Pep Pills were developed as a drug harm minimisation solution, basically an alternative to illegal drugs, you can think what you want about this but they do work, if any of you want more info on them email me or post a message.

nodiggity, if you have a heart murmur then don't take xtc or Pep pills, they will both cause an elevated heart rate which you don't need, I wouldn't advise anyone with any heart or liver condition to take pep pills or to combine with any medicines or drugs.
    No, they were not developed as a harm reduction measure at all, they were developed as a money making venture.

As for ephadrine and caffine causing the same effect as MDMA, I would be somewhat dubious about that.

There is NO rat poison in pills, there never has been, thats a lie.

And brick dust, well its possible, probably wouldnt do you any harm even if they did go to the bother of making pills from that when chalk is MUCH easier.
    Are you connected with the company that makes or distributes these pills by any chance?
    QUESTION:

ANSWER:
    Well they don't contain caffiene and epherdrine like most people think, they are a step ahead of all other legal highs, already banned in USA and Australia (because of its active ingredients) only available in UK at the moment, they came onto the sceen in october 2004 at the London Hemp Fair and went down a storm, since then people have been raving about them, try reading the review in the UK's Red Eye Express Magazine, Issue 17, article Alternative Highs.
    As for Ebay, If you check now you will notice that the seller is no longer a registered user, this is because Ebay believed them to be drugs and suspended them, just because they were sold on ebay don't think they don't work, believe me, I take them and theres not much difference to e, except you know they don't contain any rat poisen, brick dust etc that is allegedly in e's.
    Pep Pills were developed as a drug harm minimisation solution, basically an alternative to illegal drugs, you can think what you want about this but they do work, if any of you want more info on them email me or post a message.

nodiggity, if you have a heart murmur then don't take xtc or Pep pills, they will both cause an elevated heart rate which you don't need, I wouldn't advise anyone with any heart or liver condition to take pep pills or to combine with any medicines or drugs.

What's in 'em then?
    hmmmmm

wey hey, a negative response!

you haven't even tried them and your being negative! have you ever tried anything or are you just dead against drugs?

i am only trying to inform people of what they are, not pushing them, if i wanted to do that i would just spam the site.

if you actually read my post you would know that they don't contain caffine. They actually contain peperzines, which are well known to mimic the effects of MDMA, try reading about them and trying them before you kick off, or ask people who have taken them.

they were developed as a drug harm minimisation solution because the person who developed them lost a close relative through bad illegal drug containing other things.

anyway, you carry on your negative life, maybe you'll turn positive one day and ask questions instead of presuming everything that you don't do is wrong.

Not trying to argue, but if your just going to be negative?

bongbudda wrote:
    No, they were not developed as a harm reduction measure at all, they were developed as a money making venture.

As for ephadrine and caffine causing the same effect as MDMA, I would be somewhat dubious about that.

There is NO rat poison in pills, there never has been, thats a lie.

And brick dust, well its possible, probably wouldnt do you any harm even if they did go to the bother of making pills from that when chalk is MUCH easier.
    Blagsta wrote:
    What's in 'em then?

it says on the packaging a few things but reading up on it i have found that Piperazines must be the active ingredient

i found this site:

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?ID=6443

which tells of its similarities to MDMA
    Isnt BZP on its way to being banned in the US because its seen as dangerous, and dont many users report a 'hangover' lasting several days after its use?

Is is actually legal to sell those here?

I dont mean to be overtly negative, but well every other 'pep pill' I've ever seen has been either rubbish or dangerous. I'd suggest that mixing two very un-researched chemicals is probably more dangerous than MDMA.
    to bongbudda and anyone else interested

BZP from what I've read is on the Controlled substances list in the USA as of March 2004, but isn't on any of the UK controlled substances lists?
    It was placed on the US controlled substances list because of 1 case in 1996 (i think that was the year) when a woman died in Sweden but she had also taken e, they did not state that her death was linked to BZP but points towards the e (to much water intake), therefore in the nine years since no one else has died (for want of a better sentance).

I found a site that said it was a controlled substance in Some Australian States, USA, Sweden and Greece.

As for the hangover, i can only go from my experience with taking them and the come down wasn't great, smoother than e, more tired than anything as i didn't get to sleep untill about 6am, it does say not to drink too much alcohol with them which i ignored, but it did seem to make me want to dance more and smile alot.

I know what you mean about the shite legal highs, I've tried most and all they seem to do is posibbly give more energy, which when you are drinking vodka redbulls, energy is the last thing you need (haha).

As for being researched chemicals, how do you know what your getting in an e?

Thanks for your reply bongbudda, as you can probably guess im new to this forum and actually every forum, first time ive posted anything, was searching for more info on these pep pills and came up with this forum, so if anyone has anything to help me please email or post a message.

Didn't really know what forums were but have found them quite interesting, thought it was one of them chat rooms were you only got negative responses or abuse.
    Didn't really know what forums were but have found them quite interesting, thought it was one of them chat rooms were you only got negative responses or abuse.

not this place mate...though other boards do have some of those negative elements. :)