Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iraqi Goddamn Elections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Funny, nobody bothered to post a thread on what could be the most important occurance in the Middle East for a generation.

OK, so the elections werent perfect, there were reports of intimidation and some people were killed (40, hardly a massacre is it), but human elections are NEVER perfect.

Democracy is beoing born in the Middle East, and the left wing posters are too busy taking cheap shots at the USA and its allies to notice.

8 Million people voted, around 57% or voters turned out (very near the last UK and USA elections). Bear in mind the bloodthirsty Zarqawi and his ilk saying 'the streets would run with voters blood' when you see these figures.

Go on, some of you anti-Americans wanted the elections to fail, didnt you? Perhaps a dirty bomb attack in Baghdad? Or hundreds of polling stations being attacked with mass casualties? Go on, you can say it, you wanted the Americans to get egg on their face through the blood of innocents.

Go on, you can be honest here.

Comments

• Options
    Ok ok give us time, they've only just happened.
  • Options
    Funny, nobody bothered to post a thread on what could be the most important occurance in the Middle East for a generation.

OK, so the elections werent perfect, there were reports of intimidation and some people were killed (40, hardly a massacre is it), but human elections are NEVER perfect.

Democracy is beoing born in the Middle East, and the left wing posters are too busy taking cheap shots at the USA and its allies to notice.

8 Million people voted, around 57% or voters turned out (very near the last UK and USA elections). Bear in mind the bloodthirsty Zarqawi and his ilk saying 'the streets would run with voters blood' when you see these figures.

Go on, some of you anti-Americans wanted the elections to fail, didnt you? Perhaps a dirty bomb attack in Baghdad? Or hundreds of polling stations being attacked with mass casualties? Go on, you can say it, you wanted the Americans to get egg on their face through the blood of innocents.

I'd still hardly say elections that involve foreign troops at polling stations and people getting killed are "free elections"

And you've got to be quite sick to accuse someone of wanting innocent civilians dead....
  • Options
    Bear in mind the bloodthirsty Zarqawi and his ilk saying 'the streets would run with voters blood' when you see these figures.

yes i wanted mass destruction, i wanted evil people with evil intentions to drop bombs and kill thousands of innocents, too bad though, the Americans beat them to it, i've said it before and i'll say it again, you and your like don't care what happens in the middle east, you're just re-gurgatating western spin with no idea what you're talkin about, you're quite happy to let other countries dictators go on murder sprees, actually you don't even know anything about these dictators but once america invades them, their needs are oh so important and their elections are oh so important and once again the right are oh so compassionate and the left are oh so evil who don't care about the welfare of other people, aye, dead on.
  • Options

just give it a while mat.
    if i recall rightly ...you believed we were fighting a war cos within 45 minutes saddam could launch WMD'S against the west! :D :yes:
  • Options
    of course the elections aren't going to be reported as a failure, so we'll have to wait and see if there is any real difference........the fact that some shi'a muslims boycotted the elections means it lacks credibility, plus if conditions on the ground don't improve soon the elections won't make a difference.........im talking about basic water and energy needs there are shortages everywhere, if i was an iraqi i'd be pissed that some foreigners think they know what's best for me then blow up all the infrastructure......even saddam wasn't that mad.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    wake up and face reality

:lol: thanks luke you've really made my day with that one :thumb:
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    even saddam wasn't that mad.

i was just havin a ciggie there now and something popped into my mind

if the Iraqi people were that pissed off with sadam, that desperate for democracy, why didn't they have several uprisings against him, they seem to be doing a good job of annoying the greatest military in the world, i'm sure they could've over-turned sadam easily, yet sadam ruled for decades without violence, a few yanks come over and the country is a mess, makes ya think doesn't it.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    well if that makes you smile, then who am i to tell.

all i can say now is... democracy won, the left and terrorists didn't!

So Democracy is only for right wingers? :yeees:

Idiot.
  • Options
    no idea what you're talkin about

Hohoho!

If tis anyone regurgitating spin its you. Regurgitating the same bullshit arguments against the Iraq war and against the United States in general.

Turlough, in your drug induced haze you have completly ignored the point I was trying to make while simultaneously proving it for me. You ignored the elections completly in that post, it was once again focused on how the US and its supporters 'are the real enemies of democracy' who 'go on murder sprees' and who are 'OMG OMG EVIL 0IL and C0RPORATIONZ!!!'.

Frankly turlough, you are scraping the barrel with this bullshit.

The elections have happened, and have been more successful than anyone (especially the cynical left) ever thought was possible. This is despite the US's proven track record in founding democracy - Germany and Japan 45, South Korea, Eastern Europe and now Afghanistan, Iraq and the Ukraine.

Once again, you are blinded by your hatred, your jealousy and the left-wing, anti US, Eurpoean progaganda you immerse yourself in.
  • Options
    saddam ruled through fear that is accepted, that's why people were afraid to speak out........but if he butchered them on the scales the americans have i have no doubt they would have overthrown him themselves........no i wasn't hoping for the election to go wrong, i simply have little faith in it for the same reason i had no faith in the u.s. elections.........because americans are involved!........we'll see if i was wrong, when next year u.s. troops are still bogged down in iraq, this i guarantee.......and maybe the year after that.
  • Options
    whats the score so far ...
    we idiots who were against the war and went to great lengths to expose the lies ...were shown to be right on every fucking issue so far. all the lies we exposed and you lot defended ...calling us left wing loonies etc ...all came to pass ...as did the terrorism ...the bloodshed ...the mass destruction of a very sucsessful country. the thousands of oil tankers heading west ...
    the elections are a farce and will lead to ever greater bloodshed and destruction.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    terrorists didn't!

still a lot to learn luke, you will some day. do you think terrorists are jst born terrorists, there's a reason behind terrorism, right now this moment there are people planning to set bombs off on road sides, putting bombs on their bodies with the intention of killing, do you think i like it, no i don't you fool but i have sympathy for their cause, you always go on about nationalism and being patriotic, how'd you like it if you were sitting in your house in bagdag on a normal day in march 2003, then suddenly you hear bombs flying off everywhere, you look out of your window and you see buildings collapsing everywhere, innocent people getting bombed to bits, i bet you'd go out and fight for your country and your cause, and now these american run elections, it's a fucking sham and you're the one who needs to wake up and face reaity.
  • Options
    .................This is despite the US's proven track record in founding democracy - Germany and Japan 45, South Korea, Eastern Europe and now Afghanistan, Iraq and the Ukraine...........

:rolleyes: ..........actually the u.s. has a much better track record at founding and aiding oppressive regimes, including hey saddamn..........you idiot.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    from what i can see.... it seems to be that in this situation, the right only want to see democracy actually work in iraq. when do you ever see an lefty saying that wish iraq goes well and terrorists won't win for instance?
    there was no fucking terrorism in iraq until a foriegn power invaded!
  • Options
    YOu have no idea at all. Go to Iraq, see the meat hooks, the Mass graves, the gulags, and marsh arabs homelands and villages destroyed.
  • Options
    Once again, you are blinded by your hatred, your jealousy and the left-wing, anti US, Eurpoean progaganda you immerse yourself in.

European propaganda??? what u on about, i think it's you who's been tokin to much of the ole reefer, jealousy, what jealousy? i have family in america, i'm not anti US, i'm against the system, it was once a great country, it just stuck it's nose too far in someone else's business and they're paying for it now, and this isn't some short term problem that'll be fixed with an election or two, there's a very big east-west gap now, hatred is flowing on both sides, both want to blow the bits out of each other but it's the wests fault who started it, i've always been an advocate of dialogue, sorting these probelms out with talk and then proper elections but of course, war is sooooooo humane ain't it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    oh and g look, thousands have died since the yanks come storming in........you chat about the left and right like you know what you are talking about, but it's all bullshit when will you understand this?........
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    like i said before... the war has happened.... .
    the war hasn't happened ...it is happening right now and getting worse by the day.
    why do you keep trying to convince people it's all in the past ...it's history?
    why?
  • Options
    YOu have no idea at all. Go to Iraq, see the meat hooks, the Mass graves, the gulags, and marsh arabs homelands and villages destroyed.

exactly, so what the fuck was rumsfeld shaking his hand for back in the day, because then he was our evil dictator, don't start all this democracy crap.........
  • Options

i'm sure you've lost years of sleep over this fact, sitting in your bed all these years hoping that someone would do something aobut the situation :rolleyes:

what about the terrible atrocities being carried out today by other dictators, aladin has mentioned one from uzbekistan where bush supports this fiend, where's your criticism of this, you're a fool.
  • Options
    all that was happening with our blessing.
    whilst it was happening we were giving him anything and everything he asked for ...even chemical weapons ...and shaking his hand when he used them on the kurds ...if he was responsible that is ...the same kurds that churchill wanted to gas.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    iraq was not a democracy until the war happened!

and what, at least sadam could keep them under control
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    getting worse by the day> you left were predicting there would be NO free elections... doh they happened just yesterday dspite terrorists wanting to destory democracy taking place. whos going listen to the left now?
    iraq will get better, positive words mean positive things remember?

the basis of the war IS HISTORY! the war is HISTORY. what is happening now is terrorists trying to create a holy war. it won't get win, democracy and iraqis will win!
    your crack dealer obviously sells you good shit luke!
  • Options
    lukesh it's like talking to a wall, the million that died while saddam was in power is also america's fault, because who put him in power? just to keep real democracy down and the oil flowing..........the fact is americans can't stand democracy in countries where it might threaten their interests and investments, where wealth and resources are more fairly distributed........
  • Options
    oh the irony of it luke, that three 'druggies' on this board have more common sense than a good little boy like yourself, must really annoy you ay.........despite our 'mental problems'...
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    the basis of the war IS HISTORY! the war is HISTORY. !
    and your happy that you were lied to?
    that your government lied and lied and lied somemore?
    why didn't our governments say ...every nation that isn't like us we are going to invade and destroy and force them to be like us ...we will force democracy on everyone ...
    why are you so happy being had? being fucking duped and conned?
    how can you now believe the shite your spouting ...knowing it was all based on lies?
    so ...iran syria suadi and every other place in the world that isn't democratic will be invaded by a huge killing machine with your blessing?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    the basis of the war IS HISTORY! the war is HISTORY. what is happening now is terrorists trying to create a holy war. it won't get win, democracy and iraqis will win!

:lol: god luke you crack me up, you really do, rolly is right, you love your hourly smoke from the crack pipe

how is the war history, there's people planning mayhem now, it's a society thing, these terrorists have substantial support, sleeper cells, people taking the terrorists into their homes for cover and giving them food, the irish did it for years, this is't some tiny minority that no one likes, thye have alot of support within the iraqi public and get away with that holy war crap, yea them nitters al-zaqwari or whats hsis face, he's a nut, i hate him but the main basis of this war is freedom from oppression, it's like saying the IRA fought for catholicism, bullshit.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    well thats your opinion.

sorry but it's true
  • Options
    i resent being called left wing, the left and right are artificial machiavellian constructs to make people think stuff is being debated, but kerry had no objections to the war either and if he'd been elected he would go storming right into iran.........so what are you talking about?......
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    i am not at all defending the basis of going to war. all i care about now is democracy being secured in iraq.

a few months ago it was all about stopping sadam using WMD's that would destroy the world, wonder ewhat'll be in a few months, at least us lefties have a view and stick to it, you'se just change your views to suit today's agenda. get real please.