Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Iraqi Goddamn Elections

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This kind of attitude is absolutely sickening, and it has proved every point I made.

None of you actually give a FLYING FUCK about the elections, the fact that 57% of Iraqis voted, including women, and that it was the most free election in that region of Arab states for a long time.

Its all about America, and the US's (ancient history) support for Saddams regime in the war against what was then a far more dangerous regime (post-revolutionary Iran).

But forget the election! Forget the freedom! Arabs are not 'suited' to democracy eh! Its not their 'way!'.

Pathetic.
    This kind of attitude is absolutely sickening, and it has proved every point I made.

None of you actually give a FLYING FUCK about the elections, the fact that 57% of Iraqis voted, including women, and that it was the most free election in that region of Arab states for a long time.

Its all about America, and the US's (ancient history) support for Saddams regime in the war against what was then a far more dangerous regime (post-revolutionary Iran).

But forget the election! Forget the freedom! Arabs are not 'suited' to democracy eh! Its not their 'way!'.

Pathetic.

You really do have comprehension problems don't you?

Pathetic.

A couple of points...

1) Support for saddam from the west is not ancient history it is twenty years which is nothing.

2) We support Iraq then and were quite happy for him to use chemical weapons which were supplied to him on the Kurds, yet this was not commented on until the build up to the invasion

3) Imposing democracy like what the US and the UK have done will not bring stability to Iraq. Democracy if it is to survive must develop slowly from within not be force upon a state by an outside power
    Tell me Matadore, do you care about this country

uzbekistan.gif

not having free elections?

Do you care about this man shaking hands with Dubya recently

k-bush-ap-pic.jpg

being a brutal monster who boils people alive, persecutes minorities and sends 5-year-olds to work cotton fields?

Or do you, as I suspect, not give a flying fuck about the plight of the people of Uzbekistan so long as your idols see their President as a valuable ally?

Please spare yourself any further embarrassment by try to lecture others about freedom and democracy.
    bongbudda wrote:
    They were flawed, but frankly I'm taking it as a glimmer of hope.

Whats that Churchill phrase, this isnt the end or even the begining of the end, but it is the begining of the begining. I'm not sure that really applies, but it makes me sound brainy.

flawed, more like there being a election and its like "you can vote for who you want but we cant tell you any information about the candidates"

its almost like elections under saddam with him as the only choice, and your voting for the same party just different candidates at least they knew who saddam was
    its almost like elections under saddam with him as the only choice, and your voting for the same party just different candidates at least they knew who saddam was

Well no, its not, yes there were problems with the list, but there was more of a choice and for a change the South of the country might actually get a voice.

Its a step in the right direction, hopefully the real and full general elections in December will be better still.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Well no, its not, yes there were problems with the list, but there was more of a choice and for a change the South of the country might actually get a voice.

Its a step in the right direction, hopefully the real and full general elections in December will be better still.

personally i think theyll go for a authoritarian not very democratic party to give 'stability'

kind of like russia
    personally i think theyll go for a authoritarian not very democratic party to give 'stability'

kind of like russia

Well if they do thats their choice, and at least they are sort of on the way to having a proper choice.

Yes it wasnt great, but I really dont want forever to be shitting on any efforts there. Who knows Aladdin and Clandestine might be right, the whole world is completely fucked and run by 'Big Business', but to me this is a positive sign.
    It might be a (very small) step in the right direction, but the troubles plaguing Iraq far outweigh this event.

And despite protestations from the right-wingers to the contrary, the illegal war and invasion of Iraq cannot and doesn't justify this. It's not as if Bush and Blair cared much about free elections and democracy to start with- remember the infamous WMDs that were going to destroy us all, and all those links with terrorism Saddam had :rolleyes: Those were the only reasons given at the time- though naturally they kept moving the goalposts as one by one all their claims were exposed as dirty fucking lies.

We must NEVER let the chimp and his poodle live this down. In the interests of justice and the names of the 100,000 people plus who have died in the last 22 months for the sole purpose of securing lucrative oil revenues.
    I know Aladdin, its all bloody horrid if you look too hard at it, but, well I'm attempting to think slightly positively about it.

Like you said a while back you've got to laugh havent you, its too awful not too.
    Whatever Govt is elected, the economy will remain under the controll of the IMF.

Controll of Washingtons IMF will make nonsense of ant pretence that Iraq has a soverign or representaion Govt capable of taking decions based on the interests of Iraqi people, so it will make it harder for the yanks, and their hod carriers, us the brits to withdraw for at least ten years.

After debate it was agreed that 80% of SH debt would be written off, althougth the Iraqis agreed, they've never been shown evidence to support the 'claim' that the debts with interest add up to 120 billion.

Did anyone see the interview on Newsnight last night?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Tell me Matadore, do you care about this country

uzbekistan.gif

not having free elections?

Do you care about this man shaking hands with Dubya recently

k-bush-ap-pic.jpg

being a brutal monster who boils people alive, persecutes minorities and sends 5-year-olds to work cotton fields?

Or do you, as I suspect, not give a flying fuck about the plight of the people of Uzbekistan so long as your idols see their President as a valuable ally?

Please spare yourself any further embarrassment by try to lecture others about freedom and democracy.
    alladin ...have a look at a lrger map of and see the chess pices or the presidents men if you like ...all in near perfect positions of for every bit of mayhem they have threatened ...
    when people see how iran is surrounded and the permanent and semi permanent military positions with supply lines etc being established ...already established and growing should i say ...it all becomes pretty clear ...theres no room left for bullshit.
    america have a plan and they are there to stay.
    I hope something good comes out of this. The Sunnis only make up 20% of the population. Over 77% of The Shia and over 70% of the Kurds voted. That's the majority...it's the way democracies work. Muslims have the right not to live under tyrants too. I hope they create the government they want...I'm still not pro war...but maybe the suicides of young Muslims can end. Let the old men Imens kill themselves. At least they've had the chance to live.
    I hope something good comes out of this. The Sunnis only make up 20% of the population. Over 77% of The Shia and over 70% of the Kurds voted. That's the majority...it's the way democracies work. Muslims have the right not to live under tyrants too. I hope they create the government they want...I'm still not pro war...but maybe the suicides of young Muslims can end. Let the old men Imens kill themselves. At least they've had the chance to live.

I'm glad that democracies have suddenly started working again. And that the Imams are now going to lose power. And that Iraq is free from tyrants.

Except of course none of the above is true.

The occupation won't end. The resistance won't end, And whatever happens, the west will rule Iraq.

Perhaps you could sort out the kunt that rules your country and Iraq, and let the Iraqis sort out their own country.

If you really care about Iraqis, that would probably be the way to go.

;)
    lukesh wrote:
    btw he doesn't just smoke dope.

You say you have been smoking the stuff for 4 years. WOW You deserve a medal! Good lad. I am well Impressed ith you. NOT!
    Just look at your self, pathetic!!!

I'll be alive until I am 100. Just watch. Oh, you won't be able to, dead by 50! Good ridence too!

And what makes you so sure you'll still be living at 100? Join the army and get sent to Iran (no dount where we're going next), you'll probably be dead by 30.

Keep talking shite you arrogant little child, i'll be there pissing myself laughing when it comes back to kick you in the balls :thumb:
    lukesh wrote:
    btw he doesn't just smoke dope.

You say you have been smoking the stuff for 4 years. WOW You deserve a medal! Good lad. I am well Impressed ith you. NOT!
    Just look at your self, pathetic!!!

I'll be alive until I am 100. Just watch. Oh, you won't be able to, dead by 50! Good ridence too!

You smoke cigarettes don't you?

How pathetic!
    lukesh wrote:
    some of us are capable of hacking things like that. we are not all hissies like you! big girls blouse!

lol. yeah right. god your dead clever man. i am a child, your so right. 16 - is considered a child. how go back to your sad life smoking shit. so much fun init?

Luke, you can't handle arguements on an Internet forum, when this happens you pack up your shit and you run the fuck away and say one of your typical comments like 2whatever man, im done".
    Yeah, you're really gonna be cut out for the army!

And your age had nothing to do with me calling you a child, it's mental ability. You seriously need to grow up, and stop acting like total idiot. Just face it, the sooner you do the better.
    mental ability, makes you 16, exactly
    MrG wrote:
    mental ability, makes you 16, exactly

Giving him a bit too much credit there I think. Judging by everything he says on here his mental ability is that of a 12 year old. Whenever someone disagrees with him he acts like a total pussy and runs away.
    lukesh wrote:
    :rolleyes:

intelligence isn't everything. personality comes into the equation you know. something you would love to have. :wave: :lol: :thumb:

Worst. Comeback. Ever.

If you wanna make a good comeback, feel free to do it in PM, I don't wanna get another warning about fucking threads up ;o
    lukesh wrote:
    . Oh, you won't be able to, dead by 50! !
    oh 'eck ...i'm doomed if the wisdom of luke has any basis ...
    :yeees:

Abusing any substance will cause damage to your body...

Have only recently attended a funeral as someone I knew died because of alcohol abuse, Weed can be damaging but so can legal substances such as alcohol and fags, yet we have not banned them...

A little bit of anything won’t harm you it is when a person starts to abuse that substances then problems arise. Also Alcohol is extremely difficult to quit when you have an addiction to it so is cigarettes and the damage a person can inflict on themselves is high.
    lukesh wrote:
    sod off. idiot. .
    :banghead:
    OK, so the elections werent perfect, there were reports of intimidation and some people were killed (40, hardly a massacre is it), but human elections are NEVER perfect.
    This remarks speaks volumes about your attitude towards Iraqi people. I wonder if, when you hear about US soldiers coming under attack, you adopt the attitude "Around 30 dead soldiers... ah, big deal, hardly a massacre, is it?" You make me sick.
    Giving [Lukesh] a bit too much credit there I think. Judging by everything he says on here his mental ability is that of a 12 year old. Whenever someone disagrees with him he acts like a total pussy and runs away.
    Yes, but what's new in that? When I talk to him, he soemtimes sounds like he's ashamed of his views, as if he's apologising for them, despite the fact I'm pretty right-wing myself. Oh well...
    Hohoho!

If tis anyone regurgitating spin its you. Regurgitating the same bullshit arguments against the Iraq war and against the United States in general.

Turlough, in your drug induced haze you have completly ignored the point I was trying to make while simultaneously proving it for me. You ignored the elections completly in that post, it was once again focused on how the US and its supporters 'are the real enemies of democracy' who 'go on murder sprees' and who are 'OMG OMG EVIL 0IL and C0RPORATIONZ!!!'.

Frankly turlough, you are scraping the barrel with this bullshit.

The elections have happened, and have been more successful than anyone (especially the cynical left) ever thought was possible. This is despite the US's proven track record in founding democracy - Germany and Japan 45, South Korea, Eastern Europe and now Afghanistan, Iraq and the Ukraine.

Once again, you are blinded by your hatred, your jealousy and the left-wing, anti US, Eurpoean progaganda you immerse yourself in.
    Sorry european Properganda, you are a fool.

It scares me that people like you are allowed to walk the streets free matadore
    J wrote:
    It's actualy nothing to do with us though is it? Why should we debate thier future?
    I see no reason why he shouldn't - people here bent over backwards to discuss the future of the USA at the last presidential election.
    matadore believes that democracy and freedom have arrived in afghanistan!
    please please ...someone give me a story ...
    the only democracy in the middle east is ...ISRAEL ...
    is that the kind of democracy that iraq is becoming?
    i think the very obvious answer is not quite ...but sort of.