Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wrist bands ( again )

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If u look on ebay! the "livestrong" bands are selling for like 40p! not much or a profit if they are a £1 in the 1st place! I never knew Grieves sports shop was a "charity shop" news to me! :):)
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Hmm. That would mean that you proved that every single person wearing a band is shallow.

Somehow I doubt that.

I did.

Or maybe you're just being pedantic about phrases of SP33CH.

"Who'd you go out with at the weekend?"

"Everyone."

"OH WELL ACTUALLY I THINK I'LL BE A SMART ARSE, THE WHOLE WHILE PRETENDING I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, AND SAY 'SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS OUT WITH YOU KIEZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111'"
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    I did.

"Everyone."

"OH WELL ACTUALLY I THINK I'LL BE A SMART ARSE, THE WHOLE WHILE PRETENDING I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, AND SAY 'SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS OUT WITH YOU KIEZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111'"

Capitals don't make you right.

You did nothing of the sort. Your entire argument revolves around the fact that most people wearing them are doing so for shallow reasons.

In your own words, your point ....
    kiezo wrote:
    It wasn't just that some people wear them to look "good", it was that the people that do wear them are shallow.

And you were attempting to disprove
    skive wrote:
    But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow

The jury is still out, I think.
  • Options
    I'd really like to buy a band to show what i support and believe in for my benefit. to me, im making people aware as they are bound to ask what does that band support.

I think that people some are more likely to buy them as they feel that they are getting something for their money. its all about how they are perceived once they have the band- they think they'll be seen as a better person.
    Jus like telling everyone you donate money to charity.

No point having one if you dont believe in the cause though.
    So not everyone who wears them is shallow, but some are. Every little helps though!!
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Capitals don't make you right.

Nope, capitals don't make me right, but I think they get accross how frustrating it is THAT PEOPLE CAN'T UNDERSTAND MY SIMPLE POINTS, OR PICK UP ON 'IRONY'.
    You did nothing of the sort.

I didn't for a second think you'd consider the sentence 'I did.' to be serious. Dear God, even if you were having doubts for a second, surely you'd know I wasn't serious when you realised I'd have to have proved each of the thousands, if not millions of individual people on the planet who wear the bands were shallow.
    Your entire argument revolves around the fact that most people wearing them are doing so for shallow reasons.

Now you get it! Most people! So, care to prove me wrong?
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Now you get it! Most people! So, care to prove me wrong?

No, I'm still waiting for you to prove yourself right.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Here we go again....
  • Options
    Just go read my fucking post in the "Blogging" thread and apply it here!!!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!

Look at me swear, I'm so mad. ;p
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No, I'm still waiting for you to prove yourself right.

You want me to prove my opinion right? WTF AER YUO SIR
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    You want me to prove my opinion right? WTF AER YUO SIR

I do not care if you do or do not prove your opinion to be right, what I said was that I'll wait for it. If you do happen to, then I might try and disprove it, but I might not.

It was more the principle that your opinion that everyone wearing the bands is shallow is fact that I was disagreeing with.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    It was more the principle that your opinion that everyone wearing the bands is shallow is fact that I was disagreeing with.

Oh dear God. What didn't you understand about the following?
    Kiezo wrote:

"Everyone."

I actually, seriously want to know. How is it that even after that post, you could still have any doubt in your mind that I'm talking about most people (not everyone)? Why is you still thought I meant everyone who wears the bands? Really, why?

IS IT THAT I WAS RIGHT AND YOU'RE MISSING MY POINT? IS IT SIR?
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    IS IT THAT I WAS RIGHT AND YOU'RE MISSING MY POINT? IS IT SIR?

No, it's not.

I understood what you were saying, I am not missing your point.

It appears though, that somewhere amongst your ranting you missed mine.

We'll go back to the start
    kiezo wrote:
    ....Originally Posted by Skive
    ....But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow.

Yeah I know what your point was seeing as I disproved it last time this thread came up :/

Now. You may now be talking about most people, but, if you really, as you said, disproved Skive's argument, you must, at some point, have proved that everyone wearing the bands is shallow.

Either that, or you didn't disprove his argument at all, and his point is still valid.

Of course, you could say that stuff you're saying about meaning "most" when you talk about "everyone", but that's not what Skive was saying. He was saying that Not everyone who wears them is shallow. The opposite of that is that everyone who wears them is shallow. Not some, not most, but *everyone*.

You didn't prove that, did you?

Now, I know that your response to this post won't just be a simple "no, you're right, I didn't prove that" but another argument based around me missing your point that you were only talking about some people, but I don't care that you're only talking about some people now, I care about what was written then.

Well, to be fair, I don't *really* care that much about any of this, I only got involved in the thread because it looked like a fun little argument.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Now. You may now be talking about most people, but, if you really, as you said, disproved Skive's argument, you must, at some point, have proved that everyone wearing the bands is shallow.

Lmao :/ I'm actually laughing so hard right now its hurts. I don't know how to make you see YOU'RE MISSING MY POINT without repeating everything I said aaall over again (check the other thread, I really hate that).

Right. You said I didn't prove him wrong. I said "I did." the sentence "I did." was not meant in any way to be serious. I have already addressed this point in the last page (I'm not trying to be patronising, but please do try to pay attention. This is getting really frustrating having to repeat myself over and over just because you fail to understand).
    Kiezo wrote:
    I didn't for a second think you'd consider the sentence 'I did.' to be serious. Dear God, even if you were having doubts for a second, surely you'd know I wasn't serious when you realised I'd have to have proved each of the thousands, if not millions of individual people on the planet who wear the bands were shallow.

If you still think I'm missing your point, please read that a few more times. Please :/ I really can't be arsed repeating it yet again just because you don't get it.

Also, as previously mentioned, I was always talking about most people. The term 'everyone' is a somewhat exaggerated phrase of speach - everyone knows that! (LOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!111OENEEPOEENEI)
    Either that, or you didn't disprove his argument at all, and his point is still valid.

Dear God WE KNOW THAT. I couldn't possibly have disproved his argument unless I personally conducted a survey gave everyone on the entire planet who wears these bands a polygraph test. What I said WAS MY OPINION, what don't you understand about that?
    Now, I know that your response to this post won't just be a simple "no, you're right, I didn't prove that" but another argument based around me missing your point

I like how you try to discredit and disguise the fact you are actually missing my point by doing that comical prediction thing. It's great. Think for a second, IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY MISSING IT?
    but I don't care that you're only talking about some people now, I care about what was written then.

I was always talking about most people. Honestly, how many times do I need to say that before you understand? What is so hard about it? What was written then was A PHRASE OF SPEACH. You've heard of them, right?

I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people.

Any better? Do you get it yet? No?

I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people.

How about now?

I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking abou...
  • Options
    Oh you weren't serious, that explains everything.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Oh you weren't serious, that explains everything.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • Options
    Kiezo kicking off again about these bands...dear dear - have your say then let it rest... :rolleyes: Maturity lads and lasses...

Promoting awareness, think it's a nice idea :)

My friend was wearing a grubby, mucky white band. I asked him what it was about, he started telling me about poverty in certain countries and how the band was when he donated and learnt loadsa information about countries debt and stuff. Admittedly he did think that us all wearing them would somehow abolish world poverty and how if enough supporters wear them we might persuade this country to drop what other countries owe us. A nice idea from a sweet, simple lad. Had he not worn it , I wouldn't have asked and wouldn't know what I know now so to me, it served a purpose. It may not make a huge difference but still, it made me more aware of a lesser known charity.

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    My friend was wearing a grubby, mucky white band.
    Malt xxx :)

I have that one :p Except it's not grubby and mucky, it's shiny white as I only bought it today. I did tell one person about it, but it was one person who said "oh that's another band I can add to my collection".

*sigh*
  • Options
    Kiezo, is it so hard to understand english?

"Originally Posted by Skive
    But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow."

"Originally Posted by kiezo

Yeah I know what your point was seeing as I disproved it last time this thread came up :/"

his point - not everyone who wears them are shallow

you said you proved his point wrong. so unless everyone who wears them is doing it for shallow reasons then you are wrong.

because even if MOST people wear them for shallow reasons, that still means NOT EVERYONE is doing it for shallow reasons.

not that i expect you to admit that you're wrong either.
  • Options

Yeah I know what your point was seeing as I disproved it last time this thread came up :/"

you said you proved his point wrong. so unless everyone who wears them is doing it for shallow reasons then you are wrong.

because even if MOST people wear them for shallow reasons, that still means NOT EVERYONE is doing it for shallow reasons.

Don't worry about it. Apparently he never said that. Or he was joking. Or that wasn't his point. Or something.
  • Options

WTF!? Can you understand English? Have you actually been reading this thread or are you using that shitty Hybrid Mode?

Read what I said again, dumbass. I really can't be arsed typing out the same shit I've just done the past few pages... so just read again.

Fuck - you're a moron. Seriously.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Fuck - you're a moron. Seriously.

and what are you ?

wtf is this all about ?
    I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people. I was always talking about most people.

brilliant debating skills there Kiezo :thumb:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    and what are you ?

Hint: when you try to insult someone, it helps if it has basis in fact :):):)
    wtf is this all about ?

brilliant debating skills there Kiezo :thumb:

Shut the fuck up. Seriously. None of you can argue for shit. I address one of your points, and you either misunderstand or ignore it completely. What is so hard?

If none of you are prepared to actually listen, or make the effort to comprehend my oh-so simple sentences, don't get into an argument. Seriously, it's just a pain in the ass.

CUE YOUR BRILLIANT COME BACK OF "OMG DNT TEL ME 2 SHUT UP U TWAT I AM A NORTY NUN LOL!!"
  • Options
    Can we please just leave this? I'm so fucking sick of threads like this.

For the record you are all wrong and I'm right.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:

Shut the fuck up.

Seriously Kiezo even you know nobody is gonna shut me up.

So fire away........im waiting :lol:
  • Options
    Why are you so keen to argue (not even discuss or debate, just argue) about such trivial things?
  • Options
    The Doc wrote:
    Why are you so keen to argue (not even discuss or debate, just argue) about such trivial things?

Howay, even you must be able to see how amusing this is.
    Its not arguing, its calling winding up cos thats all Kiezo is doing. Hes trying to get a reaction from people but all hes doing is making himself look like a right plonker :thumb:
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Its not arguing, its calling winding up cos thats all Kiezo is doing. Hes trying to get a reaction from people but all hes doing is making himself look like a right plonker :thumb:
    I was actually talking to Kiezo in the first place, for the same reasons you mentioned.
  • Options
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Seriously Kiezo even you know nobody is gonna shut me up.

So fire away........im waiting :lol:

Self-pwnt.

You're an idiot.

Oh shit, a 50 year old who can't properly construct sentences and uses words like 'howay' on a teenagers' message board thinks I'm a plonker - egad!

And if by 'get a reaction' you mean 'trying to start up a decent discussion' (something which this place has been sorely lacking recently), then yes, you're right.

Feels good to be right, doesn't it?
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:

You're an idiot.

Oh shit, a 50 year old who can't properly construct sentences and uses words like 'howay' on a teenagers' message board thinks I'm a plonker - egad!

Insults every time....yeah, keep em coming :thumb:

Did you do maths at school........maybe not :yeees:
  • Options
    What's this all about? I couldn't be arsed reading the whole thread.
This discussion has been closed.