Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

wrist bands ( again )

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So we've had the pink wristband, the yellow Livestrong wristband, the bullying wristband, well now get ready for the next wristband to come along ( if this link is to be believed - scroll to the last paragraph Note the link only makes a mere mention of the player mentioned going to wear one btw ).

Get ready for the new* black & white racism wristband.

Wonder when they will be released and how much they will cost, no doubt people will flock to get one. I'm not slagging them like just thought i'd mention this and get yer opinions on it ??? :)

I am aware this is sports related but as its mainly about wristbands i class it as anything goes :p

* = Might not necassarily actually become available for sale the link

So yeah discuss ;)
«13

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i guess it's good that they raise awareness about the issues, but i'd guess a good percentage of people just wear them cause their mates/celebs do.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    actually that'll be a thing to watch out for, good point, wait to see how many celebs / sports stars wear them....
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's next? A brown band for support for people that have shat themselves?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you know, for every black and white braclet sold, a Ku Klux member hangs up their white robes for the last time and begins their life as a paedophile.

    We're fighting the good fight, men. :thumb:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ah i've seen the adverts for these, but i never realised it was for sports only thats a bit crap really
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bloody hell people, ya always got somethin to complain about like, don't yas?! :-/
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bloody hell people, ya always got somethin to complain about like, don't yas?! :-/

    You expect something a little different?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bloody hell people, ya always got somethin to complain about like, don't yas?! :-/

    we wouldnt have much to talk about otherwise would we? :p
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what about asian people who are neither black or white
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bloody hell people, ya always got somethin to complain about like, don't yas?! :-/

    i'm english.

    if there was nothing to complain about, i'd complain that there was nothing to complain about.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    i'm english.

    if there was nothing to complain about, i'd complain that there was nothing to complain about.

    hehe... fair play to ya
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Please do not turn this into an all out bitch feast people, thank you
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    what about asian people who are neither black or white

    thats not bitching, its genuine concern
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Richeh wrote:
    Please do not turn this into an all out bitch feast people, thank you

    And where were you getting that idea from?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Richeh wrote:
    Please do not turn this into an all out bitch feast people, thank you

    wouldnt be too bad with a pinch of salt and some brown sauce
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was right last time around. There is no need to discuss.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote:
    I was right last time around. There is no need to discuss.

    You're right.
    My mother buys them because she thinks hey look good. Nothing to do with the fact she has cancer and trying to raise awareness for cancer charities.

    Like she says, 'it's a shame it needs something material like a wrist band to raise money for charity - but at the end of the day if it works it does good'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    You're right.
    My mother buys them because she thinks hey look good. Nothing to do with the fact she has cancer and trying to raise awareness for cancer charities.

    Like she says, 'it's a shame it needs something material like a wrist band to raise money for charity - but at the end of the day if it works it does good'.

    Sorry to hear about your mum, but it's irrelevant. My mum had breast cancer a few years back n she holds pretty much the same opinion I do. My wee sis has a bullying one and an AIDs one, despite the fact she doesn't really understand what AIDs is beyond that it's a disease. My mum bought them in full knowledge it was 'cause all her pals have them.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh and also, although you were being sarcastic, your post actually backed up my point. It wasn't just that some people wear them to look "good", it was that the people that do wear them are shallow. The quote from your mum is in agreement of that - at no point did I say they didn't work.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,287 Skive's The Limit
    Kiezo wrote:
    Oh and also, although you were being sarcastic, your post actually backed up my point. It wasn't just that some people wear them to look "good", it was that the people that do wear them are shallow. The quote from your mum is in agreement of that - at no point did I say they didn't work.


    But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohhhhhhh please can I use this thread as an excuse to plug my wrist bands go buy now - ohhh and it isn't about making money either.

    Having said that I do think its a bit of a stupid childish fad having lots of differnet wrist bands for different causes - its getting a bit ridiculos really - your far cooler if you make your own..............
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    does it really matter if people are waring them as a fashion acsessary? im sure that was the idea behind them, if everyobne wants one because they think there "cool" then they will sell more and make more money for the charity.

    Shurley money going to charity is money going to charity and can only bee seen as a good thing
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    am i the only one who thinks they make u look like you've forgotten to hand your band back to the people at the swimming pool?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mel-H wrote:
    does it really matter if people are waring them as a fashion acsessary? im sure that was the idea behind them, if everyobne wants one because they think there "cool" then they will sell more and make more money for the charity.

    Shurley money going to charity is money going to charity and can only bee seen as a good thing
    Except when they're being sold on ebay. So that's not money you can be sure is going to the charity is it?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no i dont agree with people selling them on ebay
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote:
    But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow.

    Yeah I know what your point was seeing as I disproved it last time this thread came up :/
    Mel-H wrote:
    does it really matter if people are waring them as a fashion acsessary? im sure that was the idea behind them, if everyobne wants one because they think there "cool" then they will sell more and make more money for the charity.

    Shurley money going to charity is money going to charity and can only bee seen as a good thing

    Honestly, how many times is it possible for people TO MISS THE FUCKING POINT? What is it yous don't understand? I'm really curious, which part?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    skive wrote:
    But my point was not everyone who wears them are shallow.

    Kiezo wrote:
    Yeah I know what your point was seeing as I disproved it last time this thread came up :/

    Hmm. That would mean that you proved that every single person wearing a band is shallow.

    Somehow I doubt that.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Except when they're being sold on ebay. So that's not money you can be sure is going to the charity is it?


    Did you ever think........ if people are selling them on ebay....... they didn't "just appear" in the post, sumbody had the BUY them in the 1st place!! :yes: :wave:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    zooby wrote:
    Did you ever think........ if people are selling them on ebay....... they didn't "just appear" in the post, sumbody had the BUY them in the 1st place!! :yes: :wave:

    yes, you fucking genius. But they then sell them on at a profit which goes in their pockets instead of to the charity. The charities selling these things state that they want people to buy the bands direct.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know people that are trying to buy all of them "because they're a collectible now and they're cool". I think they're twats. I only have one, the "Make Poverty History" one. And I gave more than the fucking minimum for it as well.

    But I sure as hell didn't buy it because OMG IT LOOKS GOOD...because OMG IT DOESN'T :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.