Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am In L<3VE

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ginner wrote:
    Women are evil. Closer was right.

Who was right? :confused:
  • Options
    Maybe she's reffering to the film? :confused:
  • Options
    Who was right? :confused:

Closer. It's a film.
  • Options
    Maybe she's reffering to the film? :confused:

He. It's a male.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Women are evil. Closer was right.
    How did you get that women are evil from that movie?
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the film, it shows the capacity that humans have to hurt each other with love, jealousy and sex.
  • Options
    Nichobo wrote:
    How did you get that women are evil from that movie?

*SPOILERS*

Julia Roberts' character, Anna, kisses someone else's boyfriend and has a long term affair that starts whilst she's dating but before she even gets married to her husband that she keeps from him. All the characters are accutely intelligent so this is a calculated, malicious act, despite her supposed love for him and requires much guile and deception to keep him from realising for so long. She then leaves him for the lover before having sex with her husband to get him to sign the divorce papers. You're not supposed to like anyone in the film, except maybe Alice, but from the male perspective, Anna's by far the most loathesome.

I assume you haven't watched it?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Julia Roberts' character, Anna, kisses someone else's boyfriend and has a long term affair that starts whilst she's dating but before she even gets married to her husband that she keeps from him. All the characters are accutely intelligent so this is a calculated, malicious act, despite her supposed love for him and requires much guile and deception to keep him from realising for so long. She then leaves him for the lover before having sex with her husband to get him to sign the divorce papers. You're not supposed to like anyone in the film, except maybe Alice, but from the male perspective, Anna's by far the most loathesome.

I assume you haven't watched it?

Have watched it, agreed her character is loathsome! :yes:
    From what I can gather your argument for the fact that the movie says women are evil are based purely on Anna's actions...? :confused:
    Yet at the same time you say that the only one in the movie that we are supposed to like is Alice
    Both are women :yeees:

So in other words there are to sides to the women (in this movie) But on the other hand - both men infact are equally loathsome, if not even worse, than Anna in their actions and both make use of Alice (the only likeable/decent character) for their own pleasure and abuse her emotionally! :crazyeyes This tells me that this movie is actually if anything making men out to be evil and not women! :thumb:
  • Options
    Nichobo wrote:
    Have watched it, agreed her character is loathsome! :yes:
    From what I can gather your argument for the fact that the movie says women are evil are based purely on Anna's actions...? :confused:
    Yet at the same time you say that the only one in the movie that we are supposed to like is Alice
    Both are women :yeees:

So in other words there are to sides to the women (in this movie) But on the other hand - both men infact are equally loathsome, if not even worse, than Anna in their actions and both make use of Alice (the only likeable/decent character) for their own pleasure and abuse her emotionally! :crazyeyes This tells me that this movie is actually if anything making men out to be evil and not women! :thumb:

I just like Alice because she's an intelligent, witty stripper. She still lies about who she is and despite the air of confidence she falsifies a very fragile and needy human being. I actually quite like Larry, I'm fairly sure they're both lying to Dan about their night together. What I take from the film is that all people have the capability to be cruel, in a very calculated way, to those they profess to love. Women have the potential to be evil, and you could say inclination to it.

Not my girlfriend though, obviously :chin:
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    I just like Alice because she's an intelligent, witty stripper. She still lies about who she is and despite the air of confidence she falsifies a very fragile and needy human being. I actually quite like Larry, I'm fairly sure they're both lying to Dan about their night together. What I take from the film is that all people have the capability to be cruel, in a very calculated way, to those they profess to love. Women have the potential to be evil, and you could say inclination to it.

Not my girlfriend though, obviously :chin:
    Ofcourse not your girlfriend, I am sure she is lovely!

The irony of Alice was that her behaviour was nothing to do with what she was like. Everything throughout the movie showed her to be a victim and was a little girl regardless of her bravado. I think they tried to portray something specific with her but just didn't pull it off.

But that would be the same for everyone! Every person has the capacity to be evil. and I would say that majority of us will do what it takes to get what we desire (not necessarily intentionally) and a lot of the time others get hurt during this process.

Actually in my opinion both male characters were weak and pathetic! I thought the movie lacked substance, it was all about the negative and you actually didn't get to see the characters build anything substantial or positive, just their obsessive behaviour towards the other characters.

Sorry about the thread hijack! :blush:
  • Options
    Nichobo wrote:
    Ofcourse not your girlfriend, I am sure she is lovely!

The irony of Alice was that her behaviour was nothing to do with what she was like. Everything throughout the movie showed her to be a victim and was a little girl regardless of her bravado. I think they tried to portray something specific with her but just didn't pull it off.

But that would be the same for everyone! Every person has the capacity to be evil. and I would say that majority of us will do what it takes to get what we desire (not necessarily intentionally) and a lot of the time others get hurt during this process.

Actually in my opinion both male characters were weak and pathetic! I thought the movie lacked substance, it was all about the negative and you actually didn't get to see the characters build anything substantial or positive, just their obsessive behaviour towards the other characters.

Sorry about the thread hijack! :blush:

Reality is a harsh companion. I found the experience of watching it both discomforting and entertaining.
  • Options
    can someone please tell me how to post a new thing?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Reality is a harsh companion. I found the experience of watching it both discomforting and entertaining.
    Reality is reality, it isn't my companion it is my life. Everytime you try to close the door on reality it will come in through the window.
  • Options
    can someone please tell me how to post a new thing?

Go to the forum of your choosing eg Relationships

Look at the top left of the newest topic and click the POST NEW TOPIC button.

Then it's just like a reply and that should be all you need to know.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    i don't get it...
    Did you tell this girl how much you liked her in the end? I think you should at least let her know how you feel... not your fantasies etc but just that you really like her
  • Options
    i don't get it...
    Did you tell this girl how much you liked her in the end? I think you should at
    least let her know how you feel... not your fantasies etc but just that you
    really like her

I havent spoke to her at all this week, mainly because i havent seen her :P and so i have sometething to talk about when we will be walking down to work.
    I am hopefullt be walking with her tonight, i may ask her then, or, i will ask her on saturday night.

josh
  • Options
    so i have sometething to talk about when we will be walking down to work.
    that's good! hopefully you'll get a good convo going

good luck!
  • Options
    :wave: Tehehe - Walk home with her and a few friends. "dont worry you have josh to take you home, herd he has a big tongue" [LOL] we actually talked all the way home (coz i aint seen her in a week) and then at the door i bottled it.
    Look like it may be Saturday then :(
  • Options
    Oh FFS, this is getting pathetic. :banghead:

Either tell her or let her live her life in peace!
  • Options
    :wave: Tehehe - Walk home with her and a few friends. "dont worry you have josh to take you home, herd he has a big tongue" [LOL] we actually talked all the way home (coz i aint seen her in a week) and then at the door i bottled it.
    Look like it may be Saturday then :(
    Well its good you were chatty but i really do think the sooner you tell her the better... Whatever the answer you AND her will be better off.

I told a guy i really liked him last month and although he said he didnt want a gf right now he thought i was fit and could see us going out in the future... Now we are so close! and i got to know him over MSN
  • Options
    Fish_food wrote:
    Well its good you were chatty but i really do think the sooner you tell her the better... Whatever the answer you AND her will be better off.

I told a guy i really liked him last month and although he said he didnt want a gf right now he thought i was fit and could see us going out in the future... Now we are so close! and i got to know him over MSN

Ah, so now he thinks you're THAT kind of girl.

Are you?
  • Options
    Hi :wave:

May sound bad and i have been playing you on but we wer walking home tonight and we got on so well/talking. Ok i like her but i dont want to lose that friendship if i asked her out and she sed no.

So i feel i should leave her and her BF get on and just be friends.
    Honestly a romantic relationship founded on such a solid friendship is liable to last. And if you've got such a good friendship, you should be able to approach it without ruining things completly. << by 'Friend_85' on 'Topic I have feelings for my best friend' #2

Ive taken his advice :D
  • Options
    good for you

sounds like you made a positive decision. Good luck in sticking to it. You'll find a girl who feels for you what you feel for her
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Ah, so now he thinks you're THAT kind of girl.

Are you?
    What Kind of girl? :confused: aww i don't understand :blush:
  • Options
    Fish_food wrote:
    What Kind of girl? :confused: aww i don't understand :blush:

If you suggested you like, fancied him and he said he wasn't looking for a girlfriend, that he's not interested in commitment, but you still spend a lot of time trying to 'get to know him better' then he might conclude you're not a relationship kind of girl. That he can get something for nothing. That he can have his cake and eat it.

Just a word of warning. May be well off the mark. Good luck.
  • Options
    :banghead: noooo...

well i don't mind.... he's been alot more flirty recently :heart::heart::heart: and i can't help but like him god damn
  • Options
    Hi :wave:

May sound bad and i have been playing you on but we wer walking home tonight and we got on so well/talking. Ok i like her but i dont want to lose that friendship if i asked her out and she sed no.

So i feel i should leave her and her BF get on and just be friends.

[/b]

Ive taken his advice :D

*ahem* it's fiend_85 and he's a she ;)
  • Options
    WOW :eek:

/me is physic

Her and her BF split up :) i should charge money
  • Options
    WOW :eek:

/me is physic

Her and her BF split up :) i should charge money

So have you changed your mind about asking her out now?