Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the banning of globe ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i see endless statements saying he should be banned again ...why?
he has a different view and perspective but thats not a bannable offence surely!
considering the ammount of 'personal' attacks on this guy ...baby killer ...rapist ...war criminal ...surely the thought of any bans should be directed that way?
i hate GWB and all he stands for.
i'm against this war 100% but ...i am not anti war.
i believe the guys behind bush ...are in it up to thier necks ...(911)
but ...few people here ever give ground or hold their hands up.
fewer people here would put up with being constantly labelled a rapist and baby killer and i'm surprised the mods allow such fucking drivel.

Comments

• Options
    I bow to you sir.
  • Options
    If globe is banned it would be inconsistent not to also ban eternalsunshine and freethepeeps...

Anyway hopefully none of them are banned.
  • Options
    Cause often people who label themselves as openminded, are often never really that. Only openminded when they agree on the matter.

It wouldn't hurt anyone here, to hear another perspective.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Cause often people who label themselves as openminded, are often never really that.
    oh i agree with that 100%!
  • Options
    He shouldn't be banned.

But he should lay off his personal attacks on others, many of have been going on for considerably longer than the recent 'baby' stuff...

I'm not proud of my attack on him regarding Vietnam the other night but for what's worth I was pissed as a rat, it was a one off incident and I have apologised to him for it. I'm still waiting to hear his apology for his remarks about me "mutilating women", supporting such actions and having "Islamic terrorists" as "my heroes", which he's still spouting at a near-constant basis and quite unrepentantly.

As far as I'm concerned it is up to him to calm things down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    He shouldn't be banned.

I'm not proud of my attack on him regarding Vietnam the other night but for what's worth I was pissed as a rat, it was a one off incident and I have apologised to him for it.
    good! we do need more of that kind of stuff in here as well as people holding their hands up and admitting they may have been wrong ...admiting they might have actualy learned something ...had their point of view changed a little.
    otherwise there aint a lot of point in this place ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    If globe is banned it would be inconsistent not to also ban eternalsunshine and freethepeeps...

Why the hell should any of them be banned ? cos they have a different view to you or someone else here ?

Also if you go back to when freethepeeps started posting early this monthis we gave him a hard bloody time, myself included and we were wrong to do that but did we get a warning ?

I think people need to lay off the 'you need banning' crap cos its stinks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    we do need more of that kind of stuff in here as well as people holding their hands up and admitting they may have been wrong ...admiting they might have actualy learned something ...had their point of view changed a little.
    otherwise there aint a lot of point in this place

and pigs might fly Rolly.
  • Options

Hold on a minute - just because you don't like my politics, doesn't make me the same as Thanatos - who is already banned.

Neither eternalsunshine nor myself are.

The troll finder generals fuck up once again......
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Hold on a minute - just because you don't like my politics, doesn't make me the same as Thanatos - who is already banned.

Neither eternalsunshine nor myself are.

The troll finder generals fuck up once again......
    isee no sense in all the calls for your ban either.
  • Options
    Can people not read or something?

I'll post my original post again:

If globe is banned it would be inconsistent not to also ban eternalsunshine and freethepeeps...Anyway hopefully none of them are banned.

My point was that if globe gets banned it would be inconsistent not to also ban freethepeeps and eternalsunshine as they’ve both it seems said stuff just as bad as globe.

That doesn't mean I want any of them banned as I don't and I haven't said that anywhere! I said quite the opposite. And I'll say it again:

Anyway hopefully none of them are banned.
  • Options

My point was that if globe gets banned it would be inconsistent not to also ban freethepeeps and eternalsunshine as they’ve both it seems said stuff just as bad as globe.

Bollocks - quotes please .........

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Not too sure what prompted the thread but Globe should not be banned. I do hope this is not being considered but I have not read all current threads.

Yes I do believe things have got too heated recently but hopefully not too far for the mods. Yes I do disagree with Globe on most things but I do respect him and his beliefs as I do other posters I disagree with.
  • Options
    Re: the banning of globe ...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i see endless statements saying he should be banned again ...why?
    Do you have any examples? The closest I've seen, having just signed on, is me suggesting that he seems to be trying to get himself banned, and that's hardly the same thing. He knows from experience that he stands to get banned for repeatedly slurring other posters and still does it, so I'm not exactly indulging in wild speculation here. Unlike posters to, say, Mil.com, who not only get banned for the mildest of infractions but get banned again automatically for signing on under a new screen-name ('Multiple Personality Syndrome' my arse), 'J Thanatos' is permitted to return without further penalty. I think he gets pretty well treated for a disruptive crumbly on a youth site.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    Bollocks - quotes please .........

:rolleyes:

Sorry, can’t be bothered to trawl through quotes for yourself, eternalsunshine and globe to try and judge who’s said worse stuff. (Not really my job anyway and I don't see what it would achieve...And I've stated that I don't think any of you should be banned so it's entirely irrelevant and would be a complete waste of time).
  • Options
    I personally think that if someone gets banned and then re-registers as a new name, and it is either obvious that its them, or they actually let it be known that its them, then they should be banned again. If not, then what the hell was the point of banning them to begin with???????? being banned obviously doesnt mean anything.
  • Options
    Re: Re: the banning of globe ...
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    I think he gets pretty well treated for a disruptive crumbly on a youth site.

I could say the same for Clandestine.
  • Options
    Thats the point Disllusioned, the rules have gone out of the window, both here and on mil.com with the election. Lets not ban anybody but lets get back to debating and less rhetoric. We're all a bit guilty but hey a truce of sorts is required.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    We're all a bit guilty but hey a truce of sorts is required.

Sounds fair. :)
  • Options
    I think when someone does something badly against the rules they shouldnt ban them, they should just say " I insist you change your name to something else"

thatll teach `em.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: the banning of globe ...
    I could say the same for Clandestine.
    You certainly could. The thing I've noticed about Clan is that he doesn't do repartee. His posts either contain arguments, cut and pastes to support his arguments, or a large dose of bile directed at certain posters, notably Jaqueline, who have lost his respect in previous debates. He will start with arguments, though, and only bite when the 'klandestine traitor' stuff starts winging his way. I think the mods take the view that all three individuals have thick skin, but I sometimes wonder if it doesn't keep new posters off the board. I know a site, Trackpads.com, where they're having a debate over whether to put up warnings to keep pre-18 year olds off the boards because of the tiny amount of 'adult' content, to cover them selves legally. If they saw the Politics & Debate board, I think they'd realise they don't have any worries :eek:
  • Options
    LOL. I am hardly surprised to see you equate me with someone who regularly posts nothing more than vehement hate-filled attacks and accusations of alignment with his chosen boogeymen (and for Thanny there are indeed many such boogeymen) since I dare to raise the factual record on the issue of Israeli culpability at the root of the ME crisis, much to your constant dismay, Little Dis.

Nevertheless, Thanny has invited, dare I say encouraged, nothing more than flame wars on this site as that is his sole raison d'etre for posting here in the first place.

Take the time to review threads going back to 2002 and you will see that any attempt at legitimate substantive debate with him and others of his brotherhood of death over at mil.com who have posted here have ALWAYS been met with nothing more than flame wars, forcing all discussions to descend to their lowest common denominator.

Such types were banned for a reason and they have shown no growth nor admission of error regardless of how many times their claims (which themselves were nothing more than ready acceptance of whatever the mainstream media was churning out at any moment) were exposed as false.

Time and again my analyses were met with nothing more than derision and labels such as "Clandestine Collaborator" (to the extent that I had to laugh when he felt compelled later to refer to me in threads I never once posted in. I took it as almost a sign of endearment that I was such a mentionable figure in his routine rants) despite the fact that time and again, revelations proved my assessments correct and his mired in unquestioning sycophantry to right wing warloving propaganda.

Perhaps that is why unlike Thanny, I have never once been banned. When such calls for my banning have been made, I have posted my willingness to be banned if that was the judgement of the mods. I can only suspect that they have weighed the substance of my posts in keeping with legitimate debate and decided not to ban me. If they change their mind, so be it.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: the banning of globe ...
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    I sometimes wonder if it doesn't keep new posters off the board.

If you ever take a look in any of the other forums on here, there are always threads in Anything Goes about people being too scared to join in Politics and Debate because of the bitterness and the continual rehashing of the same damn arguments.

It's only when we get new blood on this board that we actually seem to get new and interesting things to talk about. We do ourselves a disservice by putting off potential posters here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    If you ever take a look in any of the other forums on here, there are always threads in Anything Goes about people being too scared to join in Politics and Debate... It's only when we get new blood on this board that we actually seem to get new and interesting things to talk about.
    I agree. In order to use the Politics & Debate section, it seems you have to be incredibly well-informed on a subject, otherwise you will be shouted down, and trashed. We have fiend_85 and Lukesh always shouting at one another, Aladdin and Lukesh (again) screaming at each other...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the banning of globe ...
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    If you ever take a look in any of the other forums on here, there are always threads in Anything Goes about people being too scared to join in Politics and Debate because of the bitterness and the continual rehashing of the same damn arguments.

It's only when we get new blood on this board that we actually seem to get new and interesting things to talk about. We do ourselves a disservice by putting off potential posters here.

Totally agreed. Yes like anybody else I have ranted at someone but lets remember that taking things too far will put off others from contributing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    i hate arguing.
    This is not the impression I get when I see you "debating" with posters such as fiend_85.
  • Options
    i hate arguing.

and come to a debate forum because? :confused:
  • Options
    arguing as in a sense of giivng each other laods.... hence going dead off topic.

Ok, I personally would also rather have a calm and reasoned debate, rather than us going out of the way to make other people look as stupid as possible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Ok, I personally would also rather have a calm and reasoned debate, rather than us going out of the way to make other people look as stupid as possible.
    :lol: Oh yeah, like you've done that! Don't make me laugh, fiend_85.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    In order to use the Politics & Debate section, it seems you have to be incredibly well-informed on a subject, otherwise you will be shouted down, and trashed.

disagree with ya. I know jack shit about politics so I keep out, god they would eat me for brekkie if I went into a political debate.
    There are many subjects which are not politics which can be discussed, you dont have to be well informd on the subject you just need to have an opinion. Be prepared to back down if after a debate you realise your argument was wrong, or if after debating someone has changed your point of view then open your arms up and say 'hey, I never thought of it that way'.
    Many people come to these boards with the attitude that THEY are right so everyone else is WRONG........thats bullshit cos we all can change our way of thinking when things are put to us in a different way.
This discussion has been closed.