Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Environment

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aye and it's nature's way that we'll wipe ourselves out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Global Warming? Natural Selection.

Humans evolved brains in order to use and abuse the landscape around them.

Like (for example) if i went hunting and shot a goose , thats pure natural selection.
    LOL. You sound like Ann Coulter now.

Going from bad to worse Matadore. :D
  • Options
    LOL. You sound like Ann Coulter now.

Not denying it though, are you?

By the way, Ms Coulter got pies thrown at her when she gave a speech recently. Quite funny really.
  • Options
    Eh of course I'm denying it.

The concept that the earth and all its creatures have been given to man to do anything it wants with it, or that man abusing this planet and its resources is somehow 'natural' is the singgle biggest load of bollocks ever.
  • Options
    The concept that the earth and all its creatures have been given to man to do anything it wants with it

The earth is one big resource. If it were another species like evolved insects, theyd be expoliting it like we do.
    or that man abusing this planet and its resources is somehow 'natural'

Frankly, humans lived in caves hiding from predators like tigers for thousands of years. Its time for a little payback.
  • Options
    The earth is one big resource. If it were another species like evolved insects, theyd be expoliting it like we do.
    Nonsense. Every species on this planet have always integrated in respected the environment they live in. Everything forms a perfect balance, and even suppossedly 'pointless' species such as wasps actually do a important job.

Only the human species have succeeded in breaking the balance, failing to integrate and respect the environment they live in, and actually be directly responsible for the extinction of several species due to plain idiocy, selfishness and general ignorance.

The thoughts of agent Smith in The Matrix referring to the human race as not mammals but viruses, spreading, multiplying, destroying its environment and then moving on elsewhere, certainly rings true sometimes.

Frankly, humans lived in caves hiding from predators like tigers for thousands of years. Its time for a little payback.
    Oh yeah! Payback on those evil tigers. I mean, they used to kill humans just to adorn their caves and holes, displaying their stuffed bodies and giving their females coats made out of 20 humans just for show didn't they.

How about those horrible gorillas, killing humans so they could cut their hands and use them as ashtrays. Destroy them all!

In fact, send the US army to do the job and rid the earth of those foul beasts. I'm sure they're probably terrorists conspiring to attack our way of life anyway.
  • Options
    Ms Coulter got pies thrown at her when she gave a speech recently.
    feind just has to have been behind that one!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    feind just has to have been behind that one!

I need to learn how to give speeches like that so as to be rewarded so greatly! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    I need to learn how to give speeches like that so as to be rewarded so greatly! :D
    the pies ya bitch!
  • Options
    and fiend you said we dont do as much as volcanoes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3955005.stm

scary amounts of SO2 that is

i had pleasure of breathing ina few milligrams of it in lab and it burnt my nasal cavity away!!!! ouchhhhh
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    and fiend you said we dont do as much as volcanoes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3955005.stm

scary amounts of SO2 that is

i had pleasure of breathing ina few milligrams of it in lab and it burnt my nasal cavity away!!!! ouchhhhh
    Studies by scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) have revealed the compositions and amounts of gases released from several active volcanoes in the U.S. (Alaska, Cascades, Hawaii). As an example, USGS scientists studying the gases of Mount St. Helens have determined that about 2 million tons of sulfur dioxide were emitted between 1980 and 1988. Sensors aboard a satellite detected about 1 million tons of sulfur dioxide injected into the stratosphere during the main eruption on May 18, 1980. Another half-million tons of sulfur dioxide was dissolved in water droplets attached to ash particles that eventually fell to earth. The remaining half-million tons was emitted from the volcano during the eight years following the initial eruption.