Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

jesus and god?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i don't think it said pagans praying in public ...i thinkk it was reffering to some of the religous elders and other self righous fools.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i know where the heavens are ...where the spirit world is ...where god lives.
    with a pen put a load of random spots on a piece of paper.
    these spots represent the atoms that make up our material universe. from you to the table to the universe.
    everything we know as being solid is actualy an illusion as there is more space than solid in any given thing. everything is vibrating.
    look at your spots ...they don't connect with each other. but the space is one space ...in touch with itself all the time everywhere.
    here lay the home of the spirit world.
    not within matter but within one space that covers and surrounds all of material existence.
    when it is said that god is everywhere ...think of the space that holds the matter.

amazing stuff there rolly, is that yours, it makes sense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    amazing stuff there rolly, is that yours, it makes sense.
    it is mine indeed mate ...kind of saw into the space one night many moons ago on lsd. came back feeling awestruck but ...realy it's dead simple.
    if there IS a spiritual world then where else could it exist?
    if it were made of atoms then it would be of the material world ...
    but laying claim to it might not be quite right as ...ancient indian mystics had sussed the vibrating illusion bit thousands of years ago ...
  • Options
    it is mine indeed mate ...kind of saw into the space one night many moons ago on lsd. came back feeling awestruck but ...realy it's dead simple.
    if there IS a spiritual world then where else could it exist?
    if it were made of atoms then it would be of the material world ...
    but laying claim to it might not be quite right as ...ancient indian mystics had sussed the vibrating illusion bit thousands of years ago ...

interesting shit, i have all these theories floating about in my own head but you can put them into words
  • Options
    floating about in my own head
    and heres an interesting thing ...can you think of anything that is not made of atoms? i can think of only one thing ...the stuff thats floating about in your head!
    your thoughts and ideas are not made of anything at all so ...you already inhabit that space ...
  • Options
    and heres an interesting thing ...can you think of anything that is not made of atoms? i can think of only one thing ...the stuff thats floating about in your head!
    your thoughts and ideas are not made of anything at all so ...you already inhabit that space ...
    for those of you who fancy meditation ...try to find the space ...
  • Options

wow i'm going further into the abyss of thought, mindboggling stuff
  • Options
    wow i'm going further into the abyss of thought, mindboggling stuff
    and if you think meditation is all about emptying your mind and thinking of nothing your way off the mark.
    to meditate is to dwell ...upon an object thought or desire.
    so for anyone of a meditational kind of bent ...try to realise your thoughts are what the space is made of as opposed to what everything else is made of.
    what is the space made of?
  • Options
    and if you think meditation is all about emptying your mind and thinking of nothing your way off the mark.
    to meditate is to dwell ...upon an object thought or desire.
    so for anyone of a meditational kind of bent ...try to realise your thoughts are what the space is made of as opposed to what everything else is made of.
    what is the space made of?

so it's like a retrospective look or something like that, i think you're touching on the tip of an ice berg of massive importance there rolly
  • Options
    when i was a criminal kind of personality ...AND ...a seeker of pleasure ...mostly through drugs and sex ...i ended up in jail and decided to turn the experience away from imprinsonment and more toward monastic enlightenment.
    got lots of it wrong looking back but ...sexual pleasure in jail is obviously masturbation for most ...i decided to take that a stage further through sexual meditation. with amazing effect.
    but ...when you get rid of the base urges and try for higher things ...love ...hope ...ambition ...others ...truth ...discovery ...you discover amazing things about self and environment.
    thing was ...i was in a cell 24 hrs a day ...very monastic.
    it is almost impossible to replicate those conditions in the materialistic world we inhabit so ...i can only recomend that should you be unfortunate enough to find yourself alone in a prison cell ...turn it round ...you are in a monastry of unlimited oppiortunities of the mind ...
  • Options
    when i was a criminal kind of personality ...AND ...a seeker of pleasure ...mostly through drugs and sex ...i ended up in jail and decided to turn the experience away from imprinsonment and more toward monastic enlightenment.
    got lots of it wrong looking back but ...sexual pleasure in jail is obviously masturbation for most ...i decided to take that a stage further through sexual meditation. with amazing effect.
    but ...when you get rid of the base urges and try for higher things ...love ...hope ...ambition ...others ...truth ...discovery ...you discover amazing things about self and environment.
    thing was ...i was in a cell 24 hrs a day ...very monastic.
    it is almost impossible to replicate those conditions in the materialistic world we inhabit so ...i can only recomend that should you be unfortunate enough to find yourself alone in a prison cell ...turn it round ...you are in a monastry of unlimited oppiortunities of the mind ...

know what ya mean, i've took walks to the countryside a few times for a taste of solitudeness and a bit of inner thinking but you're right it's hard to do these days when there's so many other unimportant things that are effecting you're life so seriously.
  • Options
    know what ya mean, i've took walks to the countryside a few times for a taste of solitudeness and a bit of inner thinking but you're right it's hard to do these days when there's so many other unimportant things that are effecting you're life so seriously.
    tell you what mate ...a walk in the countryside is so uplifting and relaxing ...why it's so popular.
    next time ...try and realy be alone ...even if just for a few moments.
    our heads are full of lkifes dealings.
    to try and escape those wieghts is near impossible but ...a small walk alone in a forrest ...especialy a forrest ...changes your mental condition so so much.
    just for a while.
    for that while ...even it is only briefly ...try to latch on to the escape from this world that your entire body and mind experiences ...but alone ...not with your mates.
    your a toker so ...go do it for a whole day and tell me you don't come back with a feeling of renewed respect for planet and self.
  • Options
    tell you what mate ...a walk in the countryside is so uplifting and relaxing ...why it's so popular.
    next time ...try and realy be alone ...even if just for a few moments.
    our heads are full of lkifes dealings.
    to try and escape those wieghts is near impossible but ...a small walk alone in a forrest ...especialy a forrest ...changes your mental condition so so much.
    just for a while.
    for that while ...even it is only briefly ...try to latch on to the escape from this world that your entire body and mind experiences ...but alone ...not with your mates.
    your a toker so ...go do it for a whole day and tell me you don't come back with a feeling of renewed respect for planet and self.

will do, sometimes when i'm out in a forest or by a lake or something i can feel myself sorta blend into nature, like we're all one and a part of each other, that we work together and we both need each other, surreal to say the least but i will do this day trip out by myself to see what the craic is all about.
  • Options
    will do, sometimes when i'm out in a forest or by a lake or something i can feel myself sorta blend into nature, like we're all one and a part of each other, that we work together and we both need each other, surreal to say the least but i will do this day trip out by myself to see what the craic is all about.
    tell you what ...lots of people agree ...lots of people see the point ...lots of people plan to do it ...but life gets in the way so it becomes a nice idea ...to the point where agreeing with it it seems to be enough ...so few actualy carry it out.
    be one of those who does carry it out ...
  • Options
    tell you what ...lots of people agree ...lots of people see the point ...lots of people plan to do it ...but life gets in the way so it becomes a nice idea ...to the point where agreeing with it it seems to be enough ...so few actualy carry it out.
    be one of those who does carry it out ...
    this forum is full of ideas and beliefs ...full of idealism ...in a materialistic world ...even a materialistic heaven ...there is so much more for personel develpoment and freedom.
    so much more but ...most scoff at anything outside of the materialistic ...
  • Options
    this forum is full of ideas and beliefs ...full of idealism ...in a materialistic world ...even a materialistic heaven ...there is so much more for personel develpoment and freedom.
    so much more but ...most scoff at anything outside of the materialistic ...

true, there's so many concerns in people's lives, we're so inert and dependent on stupid things that it blocks the mind from developing, seeing whats right, i'm perfectly happy to be just me and me alone, i dont need 99% of things others would see as essential or preferable.
  • Options
    good night and godbless ...i'm nackered and in need of my sleep ...and my dreams.
    take care all.