Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fake?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by bacon

what's the difference between smarties and spaniards?

smarties don't melt in the tube.

Being 1/16th Spanish, I r offended at the insensitivity of this joke :(
  • Options

Omg I find that so hurtful.
  • Options

***My original objections to this joke have been removed***
  • Options
    Fuck. Ing. Hell.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Fuck. Ing. Hell.

:yes:
  • Options
    what's the difference between that joke and the plane pic? -other than that you were at the brunt of it...

i·ro·ny
    n. pl. i·ro·nies

1. a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
      b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
      c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

2. a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
      b. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity.
  • Options
    :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    I probably would, if it was about me that was involved in some accident (Obviously I'd need to survive to actually have the chance to laugh it off).

But for others; I having nothing but sympathy for them.

Mate, sympathy isn't in question, they have my heartfelt condolences and hope for their recovery. It doesn't mean that it can't be funny. I make jokes about my mum, and about my best mate's mum, and my other mate's brother, and we laugh and for a minute or two it's ok. People made jokes when I totalled my dad's car, and I kid ye not that really could have been serious if I hadn't kept my head it was hospital or death for both me and my mate. I didn't want to make jokes myself, but they made me laugh anyway.
  • Options
    ha although that is like older than the internet, it is funny.

as is:

humour is a great way of diverting attention from real problems!

dude that's not supposed to be funny.

I'd like to point out a difference in acceptable humour. This is humour at the expense of the dead, and not really ok. The type I use, is humour in spite of the dead, and that is ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Humour is a cracking way of coping with trauma.

Indeed.

Last night my next door neighbour's house caught fire. We were all a little traumatised really; she'd just run out of a burning house with her 6 year old son, and I'd just watched Mr Miffy run into it as we couldn't get any sense out of her regarding if everyone was out of the house or not. Turns out the little boy started the fire in his bedroom playing with a lighter.

Whilst she was sitting on the front doorstep still wearing the oxygen mask the fireman had just put on her she said, "We've just finished decorating his room!" To which someone replied, "There you go then luv, he didn't like the wallpaper."
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Cruel2BKind, for once, I agree with you. Making jokes about the September 11th attacks is in bad taste.

And what about WW2 jokes about Germans? People make them, are they bad taste? Ok their not funny but if you don't laugh at them sometimes your'll only cry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

Whilst she was sitting on the front doorstep still wearing the oxygen mask the fireman had just put on her she said, "We've just finished decorating his room!" To which someone replied, "There you go then luv, he didn't like the wallpaper."

Just like that. Humour in spite of something not at the expense of it.

That's quite funnny as well.
  • Options

Except the point were I am sure the first thing people will think of when seeing that picture is with what happened in New York. Or would you disgree with that?

I would. I didn't even think about the New York connection until everyone started harping on about how insensitive it was to be taking the piss out of it.

Personally I'm pretty sure that that same picture was around before then, anyway.

Woo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Are you doing this on purpose to annoy me or what? ;[ These several hundred thousand people wouldn't keep coming back to the websites on a daily basis if they were offended by them.

Wee lad, you’re always soo easily annoyed when someone disgrees with ya. Get over it!!

I am only concerned in what happens in this site. So those other sites are irrelevant. That does not prove everyone on this forum would go to those sites :-/
    I'm being a cheeky wee shit you're a fucking moron whose arguments always end up becoming circular.

Woa; where have I heard that one before?! Maybe cause you use that all the bloody time someone disgrees with ya.
    Your point given there had nothing to do with what you said. Please to be making sense when you talky to me next time yes?

What? Just like you did there? :-/
    My point: Joking about New Yorks' trauma = Not Funny!!
    What I said: That picture reminded me of New York; which is why it kind of saddened me = Not Funny!!

Are ya following me soo far?!
    Noone was ;[

Did I say anyone on this was joking? No!! You were the one mentioning about these other websites that joke about it to help deal with the trauma :-/
    Did I say you were? See the word 'If' at the start of my sentence?

Keep up lad. I was answering your question when you were asking ‘If I was offended’ – I then marked no I am not! But I still wouldn’t find it funny; if someone was to crack a joke about what happened in New York.
    Or maybe they're trying to deal with it the way that works best for them? Yeah, maybe that's it.
    People cope in their own individual way; no doubt. My point was people can be insensitive to OTHER peoples’ needs and feelings.

For instance YOU – When saying, ‘Some of you people need to lighten up.’ After I expressed myself on how I found that picture reminded me of New York. WHY? I wasn’t cricticising the picture. I knew that. You knew that. So why did you respond like that? What was wrong with me saying I found that picture actually quite disturbing??? Now all of a sudden I have no sense of humour just cause I said that. Yeah Ooook! :-/
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    It doesn't mean that it can't be funny.

No doubt, as I said before if something bad happened to me; I’d rather laugh it off than fall to depression. BUT I would never have the heart to laugh at other peoples’ expense no matter how harmless it may be. Just to help me get over the shock. I would rather watch what I say in case I would offend someone. Ya know? :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I would. I didn't even think about the New York connection until everyone started harping on about how insensitive it was to be taking the piss out of it.

Personally I'm pretty sure that that same picture was around before then, anyway.

Woo.

Ok; You didn't. But to be fair you are the only one that hasn't so far. So I still had a few agreeing with me saying it did remind them of New York.
  • Options
    The plane is coming from the wrong direction, only the South Tower has an observation deck and that plane is coming from the north in that picture, when the South Tower was hit by a plane from the south. Also, the obervation deck wasnt open at the time the plane hit. The plane hit about 45 mins. before it opened.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ok; You didn't. But to be fair you are the only one that hasn't so far. So I still had a few agreeing with me saying it did remind them of New York.

i didnt click either.

also, as someone said before, perhaps the best way to deal with something like this is laughter. i see nothing wrong. the joke is harmless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    i didnt click either.

also, as someone said before, perhaps the best way to deal with something like this is laughter. i see nothing wrong. the joke is harmless.

What joke? :confused:
    I wasn't criticising the picture? Keizo was the one going on about how we need to crack jokes about New York to get over it.
    I was just saying; that may be some peoples' way in coping; but you also need to aware you don't offend anyone else with what could be very insensitive to them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Cruel2BKind, for once, I agree with you. Making jokes about the September 11th attacks is in bad taste.

Yup.

What do Ryan Giggs and Ayrton Senna have in common?

Neither can take corners.

Told one day afterwards.

Instead of fretting about a fake picture, maybe peoople should be asking why Bush has allowed bin Laden to get away with it.
  • Options
    What joke? :confused:

Why is it confusion now, yet it wasn't a few posts ago when you were directly refering to the picture as a joke
    When I seen that picture I couldn't help but think about those people that suffered. As I'm sure alot would agree. To make a joke of it when it only happen a few years ago would be a bit insensitive.

I wasn't criticising the picture?

Yes you were, you were criticising the use of such pics as the one that started the thread.

Keizo was the one going on about how we need to crack jokes about New York to get over it.
    I was just saying; that may be some peoples' way in coping; but you also need to aware you don't offend anyone else with what could be very insensitive to them.

He wasn't really "going on" about it.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that the picture is offensive? I rather imagine that that's the point. It would be, after all, a bad-taste joke. But then lots of jokes are somewhat sick, should we not tell any of them?

Really, if you can't make a joke of things, then the world really will be a terribly depressing place.
  • Options
    Why is it confusion now, yet it wasn't a few posts ago when you were directly refering to the picture as a joke

Because I never said anyone did make an insenstive joke I said 'IF' - when Keizo mentioned about those other sites that crack joke about New York.

Yes you were, you were criticising the use of such pics as the one that started the thread.

I wasn't criticising; I was merely pointing out that yes that picture just reminded me of New York. I was NOT getting at the person who started the thread. If ya look back I even made a stupid/sarky joke about the lad in the picture. Were was I criticsing there? I was only going on about what Keizo said :-/
    He wasn't really "going on" about it.

Hmmm yes he was, so could you kindly remove your lips from his ass :-/
    I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying that the picture is offensive?

Ah shit mon... go back and read my posts. Keizo already asked me that :-/

I rather imagine that that's the point. It would be, after all, a bad-taste joke. But then lots of jokes are somewhat sick, should we not tell any of them?

NO!! When laughing/joking about other people's unfortunate deaths. I do not agree it's funny to laugh about it. No matter how harmless you make it appear.
    Really, if you can't make a joke of things, then the world really will be a terribly depressing place.

Yea; like I'm really going to crack a joke about how for instance... this girl got raped? Oor how this lad got shot?

That aint funny; that's just twisted :-/
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    *stops reading*

It's hurting my head now

Think of my poor wee fingers as well :(
  • Options

Hmmm yes he was, so could you kindly remove your lips from his ass :-/

If you think that I kiss Kiezo's ass then you are sadly mistaken, I could point you to countless threads where we've argued on here before now.

He wasn't "going on", he was replying to your posts.

NO!! When laughing/joking about other people's unfortunate deaths. I do not agree it's funny to laugh about it. No matter how harmless you make it appear.

Yea; like I'm really going to crack a joke about how for instance... this girl got raped? Oor how this lad got shot?

That aint funny; that's just twisted :-/

Okay well I think that my point was flying about here

---

And your head was just about here

o
  • Options
    If you think that I kiss Kiezo's ass then you are sadly mistaken, I could point you to countless threads where we've argued on here before now.

He wasn't "going on", he was replying to your posts.

Okay well I think that my point was flying about here

---

And your head was just about here

o

Niiice One!!! :thumb:
  • Options
    A very disturbing picture even though its obviously not real. Some people are sick!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Godders
    A very disturbing picture even though its obviously not real. Some people are sick!

:banghead:
  • Options
    :banghead:

Wee lad go back to bed if ya got nothing constructive to say :-/
  • Options
    Wee lad go back to bed if ya got nothing constructive to say :-/

I feel that the banging of head was constructive enough.
  • Options
    I feel that the banging of head was constructive enough.

Aww... you would, wouldn't ya - Bless!!
  • Options
    Aww... you would, wouldn't ya - Bless!!

It seems you did too, after all it was constructive enough to bring you back to the thread.

"Bless".
This discussion has been closed.