Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Fake?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok you mgith have seen this before but i havent, do u think this is a fake? would be terrible if it was, its terrible anyway, i nevber even considered that people could be on the top of the buildings?

Comments

• Options
    SUCH a fake.

Who'd have the sense to photograph an aeroplane coming that close to them? I'd have scarpered.
  • Options
    more than likely fake, very unlikely that someone would be taking a picture at that exact time and how would the camera survive
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    That actually made me laugh

if it was real do you think the roll of film and/or the camera would of survived?

no it did enter my head, but its still a disturbing picture
  • Options
    i cant see any timer
  • Options
    if that pictures real then im noel edmonds
  • Options
    It's a fake picture.
  • Options
    well im soooooooo sorry :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It's gotta be a fake. Right? :(
    I mean, that poor lad if it wasn't a fake. Looks soo sweet and vulnerable. Just wanna hug him loads and tell him he's going to be alright.
  • Options
    You can tell it's doctored by looking at the plane. Plus, a plane that close would be bigger.

They say the towers collapsed 'causa the aircraft fuel burning and melting the support rods on each floor, causing them to pound their way through the floor below. If the heat from the fire was hot enough to melt steel support rods, what chance does a camera/film have of surving in perfect quality? Bearing in mind the back of packets of film tell you to keep away from heat, nevermind heat so intense it could melt steel.

Oh, and I saw the picture the day after 9/11. I somehow doubt someone would have had time to sift through the debris, find the camera and get it developed in a day :razz:
  • Options
    well i did think about all this, just thought better of people (esp americans who are so sensitve about 9-11) to fake a picture like that
  • Options
    It is a cruel picture. Making people just think what they saw just before they died. Very disturbing and gives me unwanted memories of what I saw on telly when ya actually seen people jumping out of the building and crying for help.
  • Options
    Some of you people need to lighten up. Coming from me, that means something YO!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Some of you people need to lighten up. Coming from me, that means something YO!

Unfortunately we can't be all cold hearted like you.

When I see that picture, yes it saddens me, cause it reminds me of only what I can imagine those people felt, seconds before that plane crashed into the building in New York.
  • Options
    :yes: :(

I become very... I can't think of the word... reflective

stil found time to slag me off :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Unfortunately we can't be all cold hearted like you.

or have a sense of humour.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    where exactly :rolleyes:

I was merely commenting on the picture

'that made me laugh...did u not think it wudnt survive?'

'ooh look at the invisible timer'

im not totaly thick :rolleyes: (and yes i do realise my spelling mistakes earlier)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    or have a sense of humour.

I don't tend to find that moment in New York funny; which is what I was referring to.
  • Options
    Saw that pic the day after the attacks. First thought was also "SHIT!!!", then a laughing friend kindly explained that it was fake.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Actually im not sure if this is right but When a geologist was photographing pictures of a volcanic eruption (mt st helens i think) He got hit by the same thing which ruined the city of pompei. All that was left was ash. Except for his camera. It show picture after picture of this eruption.

That's different. For various reasons Pompeii was preserved by the lava. The Twin Towers were hardly preserved :razz:

When I see that picture, yes it saddens me, cause it reminds me of only what I can imagine those people felt, seconds before that plane crashed into the building in New York.

What good does that do? Making jokes about events such as this helps alot of people to overcome the horror behind it. Tormenting yourself over past events does noone any good, is pointless, and is certainly counter-productive in people getting on with their lives.
  • Options
    What good does that do? Making jokes about events such as this helps alot of people to overcome the horror behind it.

Jumping the gun there a little saying alot of people would use that kind of method to cope with tragedies such as that.
    Point taken; best to move on and try not to let things bring ya down so easily. But easy said than done.

When I seen that picture I couldn't help but think about those people that suffered. As I'm sure alot would agree. To make a joke of it when it only happen a few years ago would be a bit insensitive.
  • Options
    Jumping the gun there a little saying alot of people would use that kind of method to cope with tragedies such as that.
    Point taken; best to move on and try not to let things bring ya down so easily. But easy said than done.

When I seen that picture I couldn't help but think about those people that suffered. As I'm sure alot would agree. To make a joke of it when it only happen a few years ago would be a bit insensitive.

Humour is a cracking way of coping with trauma. I don't think it should be left too long or it becomes taboo or set apart. and that is rubbish.
  • Options

I know several websites that do it each with over 100,000 hits per day. I'd say that's alot of people, wouldn't you?
    To make a joke of it when it only happen a few years ago would be a bit insensitive.

How long do we have to wait before it's 'OK' to make jokes about it then?
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    Im not saying that the camera wouldn't have bin smashed up etc. just saying the heat may not have melted it.

Read what I said again :/
  • Options
    I know several websites that do it each with over 100,000 hits per day. I'd say that's alot of people, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't know, I can't speak for everyone which is why I wouldn't insist everyone thinks like me or you. Except the point were I am sure the first thing people will think of when seeing that picture is with what happened in New York. Or would you disgree with that?

How long do we have to wait before it's 'OK' to make jokes about it then?

Personally? Never. People died. People suffered. Not something I'd like to joke about. I was just pointing out, that it is a little insenstive to be joking about it as it only happened a few years ago.
  • Options

I wouldn't know, I can't speak for everyone which is why I wouldn't insist everyone thinks like me or you.

What do you mean you wouldn't know? I just told you; several sites each with 100,000 hits a day. That is alot of people.
    except the point were I am sure the first thing people will think of when seeing that picture is with what happened in New York. Or would you disgree with that?

WTF!? Of course that's what they think of seeing as that's what's happening in the picture. What's thinking about it when you see the pic got to do with making jokes about it?
    Personally? Never. People died. People suffered. Not something I'd like to joke about. I was just pointing out, that it is a little insenstive to be joking about it as it only happened a few years ago.

People were joking about it in the days after it happened. If you're offended by it, you're oversensitive and have no sense of humour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Humour is a cracking way of coping with trauma. I don't think it should be left too long or it becomes taboo or set apart. and that is rubbish.

I probably would, if it was about me that was involved in some accident (Obviously I'd need to survive to actually have the chance to laugh it off).

But for others; I having nothing but sympathy for them.
  • Options
    It's fake. Fake as the sincerity and conviction of Tony Blair.
  • Options
    What do you mean you wouldn't know? I just told you; several sites each with 100,000 hits a day. That is alot of people.

Which proves most people think like you?
    WTF!? Of course that's what they think of seeing as that's what's happening in the picture. What's thinking about it when you see the pic got to do with making jokes about it?

First of; stop being a cheeky wee shit just cause I disagree with you and second, my point was if you could be ever so kindly to follow me here; is when I made my comment that it saddened me to see that picture, you then replied saying we need to lighten up. THAT was my point. I made a slight sarky comment about the lad in the picture; BUT I could never bring myself to joke about the actual people that did die when that plane crashed in New York.

People were joking about it in the days after it happened. If you're offended by it, you're oversensitive and have no sense of humour.

Did I say I was offeneded by it? I just made my point that I think people can be very insentive if they can bring themselves to joke about what happened in New York.
  • Options
    Cruel2BKind, for once, I agree with you. Making jokes about the September 11th attacks is in bad taste.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Cruel2BKind, for once, I agree with you. Making jokes about the September 11th attacks is in bad taste.

Shit mon; I'm defintely going to bed now. haha :p

Cheers!!
  • Options

Which proves most people think like you?

Are you doing this on purpose to annoy me or what? ;[ These several hundred thousand people wouldn't keep coming back to the websites on a daily basis if they were offended by them.
    First of; stop being a cheeky wee shit just cause I disagree with you

I'm being a cheeky wee shit you're a fucking moron whose arguments always end up becoming circular.
    my point was if you could be ever so kindly to follow me here; is when I made my comment that it saddened me to see that picture, you then replied saying we need to lighten up. THAT was my point.

Your point given there had nothing to do with what you said. Please to be making sense when you talky to me next time yes?
    BUT I could never bring myself to joke about the actual people that did die when that plane crashed in New York.

Noone was ;[
    Did I say I was offeneded by it?

Did I say you were? See the word 'If' at the start of my sentence?
    I just made my point that I think people can be very insentive if they can bring themselves to joke about what happened in New York.

Or maybe they're trying to deal with it the way that works best for them? Yeah, maybe that's it.
This discussion has been closed.